重拾的F1雄心——头哥的2021-22赛季 1579回复/ 4624656 浏览

全部回帖

收起
引用 @糊涂阿蒙 发表的:
只看此人

Initial reaction to F1's bombshell transferTed Kravitz: "I don't think there's any shame in saying that this was a surprise to everybody!

"Obviously Fernando is out of contract and has been looking around the big teams.

"He admitted when I spoke to him before the Spanish Grand Prix that he would be happy to go to any big team and be a number two to Charles Leclerc or Max Verstappen, so his mind was clearly not with staying at Alpine. Or at best, staying at Alpine would be a second choice to joining a big team.

"So in those terms, maybe it's not entirely unexpected that he was thinking of a move."

Why has Alonso picked Aston Martin?

Ted: "For Alonso, if his mind is not to stay at Alpine, and with other avenues closed, he might be looking at what Aston Martin are building up.

"They've got a lot of people in from Red Bull, Dan Fallows, for example, has arrived as technical director and has started coming to races, and Alonso will know about him and others.

"He will also know there is money there and he thought this was the best option.

"But what does this say about Alpine?

"Christian Horner, in one of his sometimes not so edifying quips about Renault during Red Bull's engine deal, would say that Renault F1 are a team that wants first class, but are only prepared to pay economy. Maybe Fernando's seen that as well?

"Maybe he's seen that there isn't a level of investment that he's seen at Aston Martin, and Alpine are ready to just tick on by, aim for fourth in the constructors'? Does it serve Renault's wishes just to keep the Alpine name there and compete at a certain level?

"I wonder if Fernando saw a lack of ambition that he hadn't seen during his time as a Renault factory driver. That's why he chose to look elsewhere."

An Aston-triggered move or an Alpine-triggered move?

Ted: "Aston Martin, when they discovered that Sebastian Vettel wasn't going to drive there, I think they felt they needed a big name.

"They're a team that has very high ambitions, so I think their point of view was that we could get a Nyck de Vries, or an Oscar Piastri, but these are guys who don't really have any experience.

"So they've gone big!

"There is also the prospect that Alpine didn't want to continue with Alonso and wanted to promote Oscar Piastri.

"I haven't seen any evidence of that - it's not impossible - but I haven't seen it. All the race team absolutely adore Fernando and he can do amazing things with the car.

"So I don't really think it was Alpine's choice to let him go. But then with Piastri lined up, it's not really an issue for them.

"They've got the guy they've been wanting to promote, they thought they were going to place him somewhere else, and that's not going to happen. So the drivers Piastri was going to potentially replace can breathe a sigh of relief."

Is it a huge gamble for Alonso to drop down the grid?

Ted: "It's fairly standard Fernando Alonso career behaviour that he is betting on a marked improvement in the next three years!

"That is, though, the other thing I find slightly perplexing about the whole thing, that at best it's going to take three years for Aston Martin to be able to win races and challenge for championships. By which point, Fernando will be 44."He's fit as a fiddle and he's into F1 as he ever was, his break refreshed him, and he's not running out of steam like Sebastian Vettel has. But, really? And is that to suggest Alpine were never going to get there?

"Or, is he just looking for one more team to see what he could do, a different challenge?

"It is all a bit odd."

What's the fit?

Ted: "I thought it was interesting in the press release that Lawrence Stroll said Fernando is a "committed winner like me".

"I think those two alpha males, if they work together and constructively, then they can push the team forward.

"There will be concerns from Alonso fans that if things don't go the way he wants then you've got two potentially fiery characters up against each other.

"But I don't see any reason why they shouldn't be productive, and they shouldn't push the team on."

Is Mercedes power a factor in the deal?

Ted: "What it also does do is reunite Fernando with the Mercedes engine family, which I think is an interesting angle. Fernando hasn't been powered by Mercedes since he left McLaren the first time round under a bit of a cloud 15 years ago.

"So this would have needed a sign-off from Toto Wolff, which it obviously got.

"Is it ridiculous to think that Mercedes wanted Fernando back in their family just to see what he was like?

"Should Lewis decide he was to leave for whatever reason, and they need a world champion to put alongside George, would it not be the end of the world if Mercedes had a bit of visibility in what Fernando was like, even as a 41-year-old?

"You might have thought that was unlikely, but as this announcement proves - anything is possible in F1!"

Fernando Alonso to Aston Martin: Ted Kravitz reacts to bombshell F1 move as Alpine lose world champion | F1 News (skysports.com)The timing of Vettel's video retirement declaration made even more sense when Fernando Alonso was surprisingly announced as taking his seat on Monday morning. It appears that Alpine couldn't or wouldn't offer Alonso a two-year deal, and his Aston Martin deal is officially described as multi-year.He's also been fairly underwhelmed at how punchy his team-mate Esteban Ocon has been towards him in combat at Alpine rather than turning all their guns on their rivals.

Fernando is a force of nature on and off the track and he will push the team very hard. He's mellowed a little these days but there could easily be fireworks as he joins the Stroll family 'firm'.

I remember interviewing Fernando on the 2018 Abu Dhabi grid and he was very convincing that it really was the end of his F1 career, but now he'll be on the grid until at least the end of 2024 at the age of 43 and with 400 F1 races under his right foot. Extraordinary.

Martin Brundle on the Hungarian GP: Sebastian Vettel and Fernando Alonso make big decisions, Ferrari inexplicably fumble | F1 News (skysports.com)

Initial reaction to F1's bombshell transfer

Ted Kravitz: "I don't think there's any shame in saying that this was a surprise to everybody!

"Obviously Fernando is out of contract and has been looking around the big teams.

"He admitted when I spoke to him before the Spanish Grand Prix that he would be happy to go to any big team and be a number two to Charles Leclerc or Max Verstappen, so his mind was clearly not with staying at Alpine. Or at best, staying at Alpine would be a second choice to joining a big team.

"So in those terms, maybe it's not entirely unexpected that he was thinking of a move."

Why has Alonso picked Aston Martin?

Ted: "For Alonso, if his mind is not to stay at Alpine, and with other avenues closed, he might be looking at what Aston Martin are building up.

"They've got a lot of people in from Red Bull, Dan Fallows, for example, has arrived as technical director and has started coming to races, and Alonso will know about him and others.

"He will also know there is money there and he thought this was the best option.

"But what does this say about Alpine?

"Christian Horner, in one of his sometimes not so edifying quips about Renault during Red Bull's engine deal, would say that Renault F1 are a team that wants first class, but are only prepared to pay economy. Maybe Fernando's seen that as well?

"Maybe he's seen that there isn't a level of investment that he's seen at Aston Martin, and Alpine are ready to just tick on by, aim for fourth in the constructors'? Does it serve Renault's wishes just to keep the Alpine name there and compete at a certain level?

"I wonder if Fernando saw a lack of ambition that he hadn't seen during his time as a Renault factory driver. That's why he chose to look elsewhere."

An Aston-triggered move or an Alpine-triggered move?

Ted: "Aston Martin, when they discovered that Sebastian Vettel wasn't going to drive there, I think they felt they needed a big name.

"They're a team that has very high ambitions, so I think their point of view was that we could get a Nyck de Vries, or an Oscar Piastri, but these are guys who don't really have any experience.

"So they've gone big!

"There is also the prospect that Alpine didn't want to continue with Alonso and wanted to promote Oscar Piastri.

"I haven't seen any evidence of that - it's not impossible - but I haven't seen it. All the race team absolutely adore Fernando and he can do amazing things with the car.

"So I don't really think it was Alpine's choice to let him go. But then with Piastri lined up, it's not really an issue for them.

"They've got the guy they've been wanting to promote, they thought they were going to place him somewhere else, and that's not going to happen. So the drivers Piastri was going to potentially replace can breathe a sigh of relief."

Is it a huge gamble for Alonso to drop down the grid?

Ted: "It's fairly standard Fernando Alonso career behaviour that he is betting on a marked improvement in the next three years!

"That is, though, the other thing I find slightly perplexing about the whole thing, that at best it's going to take three years for Aston Martin to be able to win races and challenge for championships. By which point, Fernando will be 44.

"He's fit as a fiddle and he's into F1 as he ever was, his break refreshed him, and he's not running out of steam like Sebastian Vettel has. But, really? And is that to suggest Alpine were never going to get there?

"Or, is he just looking for one more team to see what he could do, a different challenge?

"It is all a bit odd."

What's the fit?

Ted: "I thought it was interesting in the press release that Lawrence Stroll said Fernando is a "committed winner like me".

"I think those two alpha males, if they work together and constructively, then they can push the team forward.

"There will be concerns from Alonso fans that if things don't go the way he wants then you've got two potentially fiery characters up against each other.

"But I don't see any reason why they shouldn't be productive, and they shouldn't push the team on."

Is Mercedes power a factor in the deal?

Ted: "What it also does do is reunite Fernando with the Mercedes engine family, which I think is an interesting angle. Fernando hasn't been powered by Mercedes since he left McLaren the first time round under a bit of a cloud 15 years ago.

"So this would have needed a sign-off from Toto Wolff, which it obviously got.

"Is it ridiculous to think that Mercedes wanted Fernando back in their family just to see what he was like?

"Should Lewis decide he was to leave for whatever reason, and they need a world champion to put alongside George, would it not be the end of the world if Mercedes had a bit of visibility in what Fernando was like, even as a 41-year-old?

"You might have thought that was unlikely, but as this announcement proves - anything is possible in F1!"

Fernando Alonso to Aston Martin: Ted Kravitz reacts to bombshell F1 move as Alpine lose world champion | F1 News (skysports.com)

The timing of Vettel's video retirement declaration made even more sense when Fernando Alonso was surprisingly announced as taking his seat on Monday morning. It appears that Alpine couldn't or wouldn't offer Alonso a two-year deal, and his Aston Martin deal is officially described as multi-year.

He's also been fairly underwhelmed at how punchy his team-mate Esteban Ocon has been towards him in combat at Alpine rather than turning all their guns on their rivals.

Fernando is a force of nature on and off the track and he will push the team very hard. He's mellowed a little these days but there could easily be fireworks as he joins the Stroll family 'firm'.

I remember interviewing Fernando on the 2018 Abu Dhabi grid and he was very convincing that it really was the end of his F1 career, but now he'll be on the grid until at least the end of 2024 at the age of 43 and with 400 F1 races under his right foot. Extraordinary.

Martin Brundle on the Hungarian GP: Sebastian Vettel and Fernando Alonso make big decisions, Ferrari inexplicably fumble | F1 News (skysports.com)

Ted关于梅奔这个点,我觉得很inspiring,从这个角度想,也真的是多了一层曲线救国的战术意味。

Ted关于梅奔这个点,我觉得很inspiring,从这个角度想,也真的是多了一层曲线救国的战术意味。

亮了(0)
回复

In addition, Alonso will also run into some old acquaintances at Aston Martin. Martin Whitmarsh, for example, who was Team Principal during Fernando's first stint at McLaren, as well as other leaders such as the Head of Communications, Matt Bishop.

Why Alonso's choice of Aston Martin makes perfect sense | RacingNews365

至少他俩应该很清楚怎么不弄毛他吧……

In addition, Alonso will also run into some old acquaintances at Aston Martin. Martin Whitmarsh, for example, who was Team Principal during Fernando's first stint at McLaren, as well as other leaders such as the Head of Communications, Matt Bishop.

至少他俩应该很清楚怎么不弄毛他吧……

亮了(0)
回复
查看评论(1)

Started: 5th Finished: 9th

QUALIFYING

Ocon was delighted to qualify fifth and ahead of Alonso, despite having only one set of fresh softs for Q3 and generally looking like marginally the slower Alpine driver through the weekend.

RACE

Irritated Alonso with his aggressive defence at the start, but settled into what can be called second in the midfield battle early on. He had dropped to seven seconds behind Norris by the time the first round of pitstops started. As neither Alpine driver had a second set of mediums, that meant a one-stopper with a long hard stint with the resulting lack of pace meaning both dropped away from Norris. Ocon was ordered to let Alonso past during that stint, then had to hold off Vettel in the closing stages for ninth.

Verdict: Excelled in Q3 and did a decent job in the race, albeit struggling more on the hards than Alonso.

Started: 6th Finished: 8th

QUALIFYING

Breezed through Q1 and Q2, ensuring he had two sets of fresh softs for the top 10 shootout. He ended up six hundredths slower than team-mate Ocon after a hustling lap, struggling in the first couple of corners for front end and then losing time to Ocon in the final sector.

RACE

Alonso was frustrated by Ocon’s aggressive defence at the start, settling into ninth place during the first stint. He fared slightly better than his team-mate once on the hards and passed him under team orders on lap 41.

Verdict: Slightly underachieved in Q3 but ultimately had the edge on Ocon on race pace.

Edd Straw's 2022 F1 Hungarian Grand Prix driver ratings - The Race (the-race.com)

Started: 5th Finished: 9th

QUALIFYING

Ocon was delighted to qualify fifth and ahead of Alonso, despite having only one set of fresh softs for Q3 and generally looking like marginally the slower Alpine driver through the weekend.

RACE

Irritated Alonso with his aggressive defence at the start, but settled into what can be called second in the midfield battle early on. He had dropped to seven seconds behind Norris by the time the first round of pitstops started. As neither Alpine driver had a second set of mediums, that meant a one-stopper with a long hard stint with the resulting lack of pace meaning both dropped away from Norris. Ocon was ordered to let Alonso past during that stint, then had to hold off Vettel in the closing stages for ninth.

Verdict: Excelled in Q3 and did a decent job in the race, albeit struggling more on the hards than Alonso.

Started: 6th Finished: 8th

QUALIFYING

Breezed through Q1 and Q2, ensuring he had two sets of fresh softs for the top 10 shootout. He ended up six hundredths slower than team-mate Ocon after a hustling lap, struggling in the first couple of corners for front end and then losing time to Ocon in the final sector.

RACE

Alonso was frustrated by Ocon’s aggressive defence at the start, settling into ninth place during the first stint. He fared slightly better than his team-mate once on the hards and passed him under team orders on lap 41.

Verdict: Slightly underachieved in Q3 but ultimately had the edge on Ocon on race pace.

Edd Straw's 2022 F1 Hungarian Grand Prix driver ratings - The Race (the-race.com)

亮了(0)
回复
亮了(0)
回复
引用 @糊涂阿蒙 发表的:
只看此人

In addition, Alonso will also run into some old acquaintances at Aston Martin. Martin Whitmarsh, for example, who was Team Principal during Fernando's first stint at McLaren, as well as other leaders such as the Head of Communications, Matt Bishop.Why Alonso's choice of Aston Martin makes perfect sense | RacingNews365

至少他俩应该很清楚怎么不弄毛他吧……

至少他俩应该很清楚怎么不弄毛他吧……

啊,bishop现在居然在amr啊!我勒个大去哈哈哈哈哈。大家,努力加油,和平共处lol 经历过本田时代,有啥好怕的 (其实我还蛮喜欢bishop老人家的233,当年批评推放宽140字限制的那条内容太精彩了

啊,bishop现在居然在amr啊!我勒个大去哈哈哈哈哈。大家,努力加油,和平共处lol 经历过本田时代,有啥好怕的 [狗头](其实我还蛮喜欢bishop老人家的233,当年批评推放宽140字限制的那条内容太精彩了

亮了(0)
回复

It is believed Alonso, 41, was upset about Renault-owned Alpine only offering the two-time team champion a one-year contract extension for 2023 on the basis of his advancing age.

"For everyone in life, there comes a time when age affects your psychological abilities, your eyes, your brain, your muscles, your nervous system. They decline," Szafnauer told El Confidencial.

"At 42, Schumacher was beaten by Rosberg. At 38, it wouldn't have happened. And it happens to all of us," he said.

Another theory is that Alonso was simply wooed to Aston Martin by the huge chequebook wielded by team owner Lawrence Stroll.

"I don't know how much they are going to pay him at Aston Martin, to be honest. I don't know," Szafnauer said.

"What I do know is that we offered him more money than we pay him now, which is logical. It was the figure that he tried to negotiate at the beginning, as everyone does, but in the end we reached an agreement.

"But I don't know, I've heard rumours that they made him a very high offer. I don't know if it was a decisive factor - ask him," the Alpine boss added.

Speculation also suggests that billionaire Stroll may have told Alonso a couple of years ago that all he had to say was "yes" and there would be a free Aston Martin seat for him.

"Taking into account that I was at Aston Martin last year and all the years I have been in Formula 1, I can say that Fernando had conversations last year - or two years ago, really," Szafnauer admitted.

"Yes, it sounds like that may be possible. Likely, even."

However, Szafnauer says there is no truth to the rumours that Alonso's 2023 successor could get an early start by replacing the Spaniard prior to Abu Dhabi this year.

"Not at all," he insisted. "Why? He is a great driver, he's one of the best assets we have, and with Esteban Ocon that is what could help us to beat McLaren."

Money likely reason for Alonso switch says Szafnauer (grandprix.com)

确实终极原因可能是钱,但不单是给他个人合同开出的钱,是愿意给整个项目的投入。

It is believed Alonso, 41, was upset about Renault-owned Alpine only offering the two-time team champion a one-year contract extension for 2023 on the basis of his advancing age.

"For everyone in life, there comes a time when age affects your psychological abilities, your eyes, your brain, your muscles, your nervous system. They decline," Szafnauer told El Confidencial.

"At 42, Schumacher was beaten by Rosberg. At 38, it wouldn't have happened. And it happens to all of us," he said.

Another theory is that Alonso was simply wooed to Aston Martin by the huge chequebook wielded by team owner Lawrence Stroll.

"I don't know how much they are going to pay him at Aston Martin, to be honest. I don't know," Szafnauer said.

"What I do know is that we offered him more money than we pay him now, which is logical. It was the figure that he tried to negotiate at the beginning, as everyone does, but in the end we reached an agreement.

"But I don't know, I've heard rumours that they made him a very high offer. I don't know if it was a decisive factor - ask him," the Alpine boss added.

Speculation also suggests that billionaire Stroll may have told Alonso a couple of years ago that all he had to say was "yes" and there would be a free Aston Martin seat for him.

"Taking into account that I was at Aston Martin last year and all the years I have been in Formula 1, I can say that Fernando had conversations last year - or two years ago, really," Szafnauer admitted.

"Yes, it sounds like that may be possible. Likely, even."

However, Szafnauer says there is no truth to the rumours that Alonso's 2023 successor could get an early start by replacing the Spaniard prior to Abu Dhabi this year.

"Not at all," he insisted. "Why? He is a great driver, he's one of the best assets we have, and with Esteban Ocon that is what could help us to beat McLaren."

Money likely reason for Alonso switch says Szafnauer (grandprix.com)

确实终极原因可能是钱,但不单是给他个人合同开出的钱,是愿意给整个项目的投入。

亮了(0)
回复

ASTON MARTIN ONLY HAS ‘SMALL GROUP’ STILL WORKING ON 2022 CAR

Aug 8 2022

By Jack Benyon

Aston Martin’s Formula 1 team principal Mike Krack says only a small group of people are working on the squad’s 2022 car, as it has already turned its attention to next year’s machine.

The team has brought significant upgrades at multiple rounds this year including a large package at the Spanish Grand Prix, and has been able to fight for points more consistently since then.

But after 13 races the team is still second to last in the constructors’ standings, and while it could still realistically move up as high as sixth, Krack confirmed its focus has changed to the AMR22’s successor.

“Although we must continue to improve the performance of the AMR22 and we have a small group of people still working on it, we’ve already turned our attention to the AMR23,” he said.

“Our focus has been on AMR23 for a while now because the car needs to perform right out of the box.

“A new season and new car represent the biggest opportunity to move ahead of our competitors.”

With the introduction of the new aero rules in F1 this year, teams are bringing regular upgrades to solve short and long-term weaknesses with their designs.

Krack feels people assume Aston Martin’s upgrades “haven’t worked, because we haven’t climbed up the competitive order”, but insists they have been successful, “just not enough for us to catch up”.

He also played up the team’s ability to innovate with its new rear wing – which has an elaborate endplane design – in Hungary, off the back of accusations earlier in the season that the team was copying Red Bull with some of its designs.

“We’ve been wrongly accused of copying this season, and the new rear wing we brought to the Hungarian Grand Prix underlined our ability to innovate and steal a march on the opposition by coming up with ideas our rivals haven’t,” he said.

“A lot of people think it’s easy to just design a new wing, build it and put it on the car. But if you look at the wing, or any of the upgrades we bring to the car, the way they’re engineered, optimised, and produced, it’s an art form.

“Plus, you can’t just build one of them, you have to build three or four of the same specification to have enough for both cars and spares.

“We brought a major upgrade package to the Spanish Grand Prix – new sidepods, floor, engine cover, modifications to the front suspension – but to deliver enough parts in time so both cars could run in the latest specification…

“I’ve never seen anything like that. It was an extraordinary effort from everyone in the team.”

The upgrade work Aston Martin is undertaking is being done in its existing factory while the new one is being built concurrently.

Work has begun on its new windtunnel, and Krack says that is on track to be ready in 2024.

As soon as the first building is complete – expected to be early next year, which will house “design, manufacturing and marketing resource” – the existing factory will be demolished and the buildings housing the windtunnel can be built.

Aston Martin only has ‘small group’ still working on 2022 car - The Race (the-race.com)

ASTON MARTIN ONLY HAS ‘SMALL GROUP’ STILL WORKING ON 2022 CAR

Aug 8 2022

By Jack Benyon

Aston Martin’s Formula 1 team principal Mike Krack says only a small group of people are working on the squad’s 2022 car, as it has already turned its attention to next year’s machine.

The team has brought significant upgrades at multiple rounds this year including a large package at the Spanish Grand Prix, and has been able to fight for points more consistently since then.

But after 13 races the team is still second to last in the constructors’ standings, and while it could still realistically move up as high as sixth, Krack confirmed its focus has changed to the AMR22’s successor.

“Although we must continue to improve the performance of the AMR22 and we have a small group of people still working on it, we’ve already turned our attention to the AMR23,” he said.

“Our focus has been on AMR23 for a while now because the car needs to perform right out of the box.

“A new season and new car represent the biggest opportunity to move ahead of our competitors.”

With the introduction of the new aero rules in F1 this year, teams are bringing regular upgrades to solve short and long-term weaknesses with their designs.

Krack feels people assume Aston Martin’s upgrades “haven’t worked, because we haven’t climbed up the competitive order”, but insists they have been successful, “just not enough for us to catch up”.

He also played up the team’s ability to innovate with its new rear wing – which has an elaborate endplane design – in Hungary, off the back of accusations earlier in the season that the team was copying Red Bull with some of its designs.

“We’ve been wrongly accused of copying this season, and the new rear wing we brought to the Hungarian Grand Prix underlined our ability to innovate and steal a march on the opposition by coming up with ideas our rivals haven’t,” he said.

“A lot of people think it’s easy to just design a new wing, build it and put it on the car. But if you look at the wing, or any of the upgrades we bring to the car, the way they’re engineered, optimised, and produced, it’s an art form.

“Plus, you can’t just build one of them, you have to build three or four of the same specification to have enough for both cars and spares.

“We brought a major upgrade package to the Spanish Grand Prix – new sidepods, floor, engine cover, modifications to the front suspension – but to deliver enough parts in time so both cars could run in the latest specification…

“I’ve never seen anything like that. It was an extraordinary effort from everyone in the team.”

The upgrade work Aston Martin is undertaking is being done in its existing factory while the new one is being built concurrently.

Work has begun on its new windtunnel, and Krack says that is on track to be ready in 2024.

As soon as the first building is complete – expected to be early next year, which will house “design, manufacturing and marketing resource” – the existing factory will be demolished and the buildings housing the windtunnel can be built.

Aston Martin only has ‘small group’ still working on 2022 car - The Race (the-race.com)

亮了(0)
回复

Szafnauer says that Ocon proved his worth alongside Sergio Perez at Force India/Racing Point in 2017 and 2018.

"Esteban is a super talent," he noted. "I worked with him at Force India and those were the days of Sergio Perez as his teammate.

"And he was as quick as Sergio and raced Sergio hard, and if you remember those days, they were always together on the grid. And sometimes they even came together in the races! And we see what Sergio is capable of.

"With Fernando too, although Fernando's got the skill and the talent to get a lap out of the car very quickly.

"He needs three or four laps and he's at 99%, or 99.9%, and that extra 0.1% comes with a few laps more, if you know what I mean, whereas Esteban takes a little bit more time to get the maximum out of the car.

"But ultimately, on Saturday, and then Sunday, he's there. So he needs to learn a little bit to get there a bit faster. But we're working with him on that.

"And thereafter, can he lead the team? For sure he's getting better and better. He's got a race win under his belt. He's scored good points for us this year. And he'll learn more by the time we get to next year."

Alpine: Ocon has what it takes to lead the F1 team in 2023 (motorsport.com)

Szafnauer says that Ocon proved his worth alongside Sergio Perez at Force India/Racing Point in 2017 and 2018.

"Esteban is a super talent," he noted. "I worked with him at Force India and those were the days of Sergio Perez as his teammate.

"And he was as quick as Sergio and raced Sergio hard, and if you remember those days, they were always together on the grid. And sometimes they even came together in the races! And we see what Sergio is capable of.

"With Fernando too, although Fernando's got the skill and the talent to get a lap out of the car very quickly.

"He needs three or four laps and he's at 99%, or 99.9%, and that extra 0.1% comes with a few laps more, if you know what I mean, whereas Esteban takes a little bit more time to get the maximum out of the car.

"But ultimately, on Saturday, and then Sunday, he's there. So he needs to learn a little bit to get there a bit faster. But we're working with him on that.

"And thereafter, can he lead the team? For sure he's getting better and better. He's got a race win under his belt. He's scored good points for us this year. And he'll learn more by the time we get to next year."

Alpine: Ocon has what it takes to lead the F1 team in 2023 (motorsport.com)

亮了(0)
回复

The interviewer then asked if it was different with the 41-year-old Alonso to which Marko described his as the “surprise of the season.”

“He’s so fast. It’s unbelievable what kind of races he delivers, for me he’s the surprise of the year. As a driver, I even think he can still win races. The only question is whether Aston Martin can provide him with the right package.”

Fernando Alonso named ‘surprise of the year’ by Helmut Marko : PlanetF1

The interviewer then asked if it was different with the 41-year-old Alonso to which Marko described his as the “surprise of the season.”

“He’s so fast. It’s unbelievable what kind of races he delivers, for me he’s the surprise of the year. As a driver, I even think he can still win races. The only question is whether Aston Martin can provide him with the right package.”

Fernando Alonso named ‘surprise of the year’ by Helmut Marko : PlanetF1

亮了(0)
回复

“I think it’s a reminder that I’m in that part of my career where people that I came up with and raced with for so long will start to stop,” Hamilton said after Vettel’s retirement announcement in Hungary.

“Before you know it, Fernando will not be here. And then, who was there after that? I’ll be the oldest I guess! But, no, it’s not made me think about that [retirement].

“I’m thinking about how I can improve this car. I’m thinking about what the steps I need to take to get this team winning again, what is the road map to winning another world championship?

“What are the steps we need to do to have everyone aligned in this sport to do more to start truly reflecting the work that we’re trying to do in terms of diversity? I’m thinking about all those things.

“When I talk about fuel left in the tank, I’m still fighting for those things and still feel like I’ve got plenty to go in that.”

However, Hamilton does believe he won’t continue racing in F1 when he’s lost motivation to continue, but doesn’t expect that time to come soon.

“If I stop, I will still have fuel in the tank,” he said. “I don’t think I will go until I’m completely burnt out and have nothing left. But, hopefully that’s a while off.”

Hamilton also credited Vettel for his activism work in highlighting environmental issues and humanitarian efforts while in F1 and hopes the series can continue what the German driver has pushed for.

“The work that I’ve tried to do, what Seb’s been trying to do here – really igniting the fire of sparking conversations, to leave the place a better sport than it was when we found it,” Hamilton said.

“And I think Seb has definitely had a huge role to play in that and there’s still a lot of work to do, which I don’t know if Seb is going to do more work, continue on the work in the background with the sport or not.

“I doubt he’ll come back and do commentary, but you can never say never. But I do hope it’s in a better place. It would’ve been an awful waste of time if not.”

Hamilton: I’ll end my F1 career before I’m completely burnt out (motorsport.com)

“I think it’s a reminder that I’m in that part of my career where people that I came up with and raced with for so long will start to stop,” Hamilton said after Vettel’s retirement announcement in Hungary.

“Before you know it, Fernando will not be here. And then, who was there after that? I’ll be the oldest I guess! But, no, it’s not made me think about that [retirement].

“I’m thinking about how I can improve this car. I’m thinking about what the steps I need to take to get this team winning again, what is the road map to winning another world championship?

“What are the steps we need to do to have everyone aligned in this sport to do more to start truly reflecting the work that we’re trying to do in terms of diversity? I’m thinking about all those things.

“When I talk about fuel left in the tank, I’m still fighting for those things and still feel like I’ve got plenty to go in that.”

However, Hamilton does believe he won’t continue racing in F1 when he’s lost motivation to continue, but doesn’t expect that time to come soon.

“If I stop, I will still have fuel in the tank,” he said. “I don’t think I will go until I’m completely burnt out and have nothing left. But, hopefully that’s a while off.”

Hamilton also credited Vettel for his activism work in highlighting environmental issues and humanitarian efforts while in F1 and hopes the series can continue what the German driver has pushed for.

“The work that I’ve tried to do, what Seb’s been trying to do here – really igniting the fire of sparking conversations, to leave the place a better sport than it was when we found it,” Hamilton said.

“And I think Seb has definitely had a huge role to play in that and there’s still a lot of work to do, which I don’t know if Seb is going to do more work, continue on the work in the background with the sport or not.

“I doubt he’ll come back and do commentary, but you can never say never. But I do hope it’s in a better place. It would’ve been an awful waste of time if not.”

Hamilton: I’ll end my F1 career before I’m completely burnt out (motorsport.com)

亮了(0)
回复

The rumour is that Piastri’s manager Mark Webber, Aston Martin defector Fernando Alonso and Briatore himself – who was instrumental in both former F1 drivers’ careers – put their heads together to engineer Piastri’s shock signing by McLaren.

As far as Danner is concerned, “This whole situation has Briatore’s handwriting all over it”.

“It’s classic Flavio,” he told Austria’s motorsport-magazin.com. “There’s probably a Piastri contract that Flavio has skimmed over. I’d say there was definitely a clause.”

Danner says it’s a clear sign that Briatore sees in Australian Piastri a level of potential on par with Alonso and Michael Schumacher.

“If he believes in someone, he definitely has the foresight to plan in a positive sense. Ruthlessly too, which is logically the case in this business,” he said.

“I can imagine Piastri freeing himself from Alpine’s grip so he can drive for McLaren for two years and then be free for the big one. That’s definitely Briatore’s signature,” added Danner.

He also thinks Piastri will not be fazed about the level of intrigue surrounding his Formula 1 debut, with Szafnauer already furious about the disloyalty.

“He knows what’s coming,” Danner said.

“He wants to win and nothing else. The rest doesn’t interest him at all. And this Webber-Briatore combination is probably ideal for such people.”

Briatore 'handwriting' all over Piastri saga | GrandPx.news

The rumour is that Piastri’s manager Mark Webber, Aston Martin defector Fernando Alonso and Briatore himself – who was instrumental in both former F1 drivers’ careers – put their heads together to engineer Piastri’s shock signing by McLaren.

As far as Danner is concerned, “This whole situation has Briatore’s handwriting all over it”.

“It’s classic Flavio,” he told Austria’s motorsport-magazin.com. “There’s probably a Piastri contract that Flavio has skimmed over. I’d say there was definitely a clause.”

Danner says it’s a clear sign that Briatore sees in Australian Piastri a level of potential on par with Alonso and Michael Schumacher.

“If he believes in someone, he definitely has the foresight to plan in a positive sense. Ruthlessly too, which is logically the case in this business,” he said.

“I can imagine Piastri freeing himself from Alpine’s grip so he can drive for McLaren for two years and then be free for the big one. That’s definitely Briatore’s signature,” added Danner.

He also thinks Piastri will not be fazed about the level of intrigue surrounding his Formula 1 debut, with Szafnauer already furious about the disloyalty.

“He knows what’s coming,” Danner said.

“He wants to win and nothing else. The rest doesn’t interest him at all. And this Webber-Briatore combination is probably ideal for such people.”

Briatore 'handwriting' all over Piastri saga | GrandPx.news

亮了(0)
回复

F1 TEAMS NEED TO STOP TAKING NEEDLESS DRIVER CONTRACT RISKS

Aug 9 2022

By Edd Straw

Formula 1 has always been about the fusion of car and driver, with the individual between the engine and front wheels the critical component when it comes to exploiting the performance potential of the machinery.

That’s why it’s always baffling when an F1 team is laissez-faire in ensuring it has the best quality possible of this key component.

Taking risks with drivers in a seller’s market should be avoided. But that’s what Alpine on the driver front did by assuming Fernando Alonso would eventually accept a contract with no assurances of his place beyond 2023, which had the knock-on effect of at the very least making Oscar Piastri believe he had a window of opportunity to go elsewhere.

Alpine is not the first team to have been caught out when it comes to drivers and that could have a significant negative impact on its 2023 season and Alpine CEO Laurent Rossi’s 100-race plan, which started counting down at the beginning of the season.

It’s inconceivable a team would take such risks with the supply of any other car component. F1 operations invest significantly in ensuring design and production times are pushed to the limit to get parts onto the car as quickly as possible. In doing so, there’s a compound gain with downstream parts also arriving more quickly. Therefore, hanging around when it comes to such things is a no-no.

And yet drivers are not always seen in the same way. That’s bizarre given the influence they can have on performance. The car itself, combined with the immutable laws of physics, defines the ultimate performance potential but it is the driver that must translate that into real-world laptimes. That’s not just over a qualifying lap, but also over a race distance.

But the driver’s sphere of influence is bigger than that. They feed into the development direction and in some ways define it. For example, Max Verstappen’s capacity to deal with a car that is faster but trickier to drive raises the performance ceiling for Red Bull. And every driver will set that ceiling in a different place and hit it when confronted with different characteristics.

Drivers also have a profound influence on the more intangible aspects. Every single member of the team looks to the drivers to exploit that performance and if they feel they can be confident in the person in the cockpit, that has a positive effect. After all, if you have a driver in the car who is giving away three tenths of a second, that’s hardly a powerful motivating factor.

The drivers are the only component in an entire F1 team through which everything travels in some way or another. It’s through their skill, their control and finesse with the throttle, brake and steering wheel, as well as their mental strength and capacity, that the potential of the car is exploited.

Yes, drivers are ten-a-penny. Getting hold of a driver who will do an adequate job in F1 is not difficult even at a time when opportunities for seat time are so limited. But the difference that the driver can make is significant, not just in terms of their performances on track and all-round contribution to the team but also their wider commercial value. Those difference makers are in far shorter supply.

But there are two problems with drivers. Firstly, they are human beings and therefore by their very nature more capricious to deal with than the rest of the components of the car. Secondly, they are expensive. Those two factors mean that you’re dealing with two very powerful factors – ego and money. It’s the same when it comes to the decision makers, which makes for a dangerous mix.

There’s always the chance Alonso would have walked away from Alpine and perhaps he’d have strung out the negotiations whatever the terms on offer were if this Aston Martin move had been brewing for some time, but getting pen on paper should have been a top priority. Doubly so given Alonso is a canny operator not without a Machiavellian streak who is more than capable of causing problems if he doesn’t feel he gets his dues. And that was clearly part of the equation in his departure. As the past week has shown, even if one side of the negotiation believes they are in an impregnable position there’s always the danger of an external factor changing the game.

Just look at some of the moves made elsewhere in the driver market. In recent times, Verstappen, Charles Leclerc and Lando Norris have all agreed new long-term deals. Granted, it’s easier for Red Bull and, to a lesser extent, Ferrari to convince a driver to sign up given their performance, but McLaren ensured it has installed some level of protection for Norris’s services – subject to whatever break clauses might exist. And if you are playing contractual games, make sure you have a secure fallback position.

Drivers do make a difference, whether that’s in winning a championship or just missing out, clinching fourth place in the constructors’ championship or not, or even the success of a much-vaunted 100-race plan. Alpine should be particular cognisant of that given last year it finished ahead of AlphaTauri in the constructors’ championship purely because of its stronger driver line up – with a similar pattern repeated in its battle with McLaren this year.

Alpine isn’t the first team to get caught out and it won’t be the last. It’s the blend of human and machine that makes motorsport so fascinating and complex. The driver is a crucial component that ties everything together in the cockpit. If you’ve got a problem with a part, you can redesign it, study in, put it on a shaker rig – any one of a number of ways to fix a problem. What makes them difficult is they are human beings.

And so is everyone else involved in the negotiations between team and driver. Which is all the more reason to make sure you get the job done at the earliest opportunity, just as you would with any other critical component.

F1 teams need to stop taking needless driver contract risks - The Race (the-race.com)

F1 TEAMS NEED TO STOP TAKING NEEDLESS DRIVER CONTRACT RISKS

Aug 9 2022

By Edd Straw

Formula 1 has always been about the fusion of car and driver, with the individual between the engine and front wheels the critical component when it comes to exploiting the performance potential of the machinery.

That’s why it’s always baffling when an F1 team is laissez-faire in ensuring it has the best quality possible of this key component.

Taking risks with drivers in a seller’s market should be avoided. But that’s what Alpine on the driver front did by assuming Fernando Alonso would eventually accept a contract with no assurances of his place beyond 2023, which had the knock-on effect of at the very least making Oscar Piastri believe he had a window of opportunity to go elsewhere.

Alpine is not the first team to have been caught out when it comes to drivers and that could have a significant negative impact on its 2023 season and Alpine CEO Laurent Rossi’s 100-race plan, which started counting down at the beginning of the season.

It’s inconceivable a team would take such risks with the supply of any other car component. F1 operations invest significantly in ensuring design and production times are pushed to the limit to get parts onto the car as quickly as possible. In doing so, there’s a compound gain with downstream parts also arriving more quickly. Therefore, hanging around when it comes to such things is a no-no.

And yet drivers are not always seen in the same way. That’s bizarre given the influence they can have on performance. The car itself, combined with the immutable laws of physics, defines the ultimate performance potential but it is the driver that must translate that into real-world laptimes. That’s not just over a qualifying lap, but also over a race distance.

But the driver’s sphere of influence is bigger than that. They feed into the development direction and in some ways define it. For example, Max Verstappen’s capacity to deal with a car that is faster but trickier to drive raises the performance ceiling for Red Bull. And every driver will set that ceiling in a different place and hit it when confronted with different characteristics.

Drivers also have a profound influence on the more intangible aspects. Every single member of the team looks to the drivers to exploit that performance and if they feel they can be confident in the person in the cockpit, that has a positive effect. After all, if you have a driver in the car who is giving away three tenths of a second, that’s hardly a powerful motivating factor.

The drivers are the only component in an entire F1 team through which everything travels in some way or another. It’s through their skill, their control and finesse with the throttle, brake and steering wheel, as well as their mental strength and capacity, that the potential of the car is exploited.

Yes, drivers are ten-a-penny. Getting hold of a driver who will do an adequate job in F1 is not difficult even at a time when opportunities for seat time are so limited. But the difference that the driver can make is significant, not just in terms of their performances on track and all-round contribution to the team but also their wider commercial value. Those difference makers are in far shorter supply.

But there are two problems with drivers. Firstly, they are human beings and therefore by their very nature more capricious to deal with than the rest of the components of the car. Secondly, they are expensive. Those two factors mean that you’re dealing with two very powerful factors – ego and money. It’s the same when it comes to the decision makers, which makes for a dangerous mix.

There’s always the chance Alonso would have walked away from Alpine and perhaps he’d have strung out the negotiations whatever the terms on offer were if this Aston Martin move had been brewing for some time, but getting pen on paper should have been a top priority. Doubly so given Alonso is a canny operator not without a Machiavellian streak who is more than capable of causing problems if he doesn’t feel he gets his dues. And that was clearly part of the equation in his departure. As the past week has shown, even if one side of the negotiation believes they are in an impregnable position there’s always the danger of an external factor changing the game.

Just look at some of the moves made elsewhere in the driver market. In recent times, Verstappen, Charles Leclerc and Lando Norris have all agreed new long-term deals. Granted, it’s easier for Red Bull and, to a lesser extent, Ferrari to convince a driver to sign up given their performance, but McLaren ensured it has installed some level of protection for Norris’s services – subject to whatever break clauses might exist. And if you are playing contractual games, make sure you have a secure fallback position.

Drivers do make a difference, whether that’s in winning a championship or just missing out, clinching fourth place in the constructors’ championship or not, or even the success of a much-vaunted 100-race plan. Alpine should be particular cognisant of that given last year it finished ahead of AlphaTauri in the constructors’ championship purely because of its stronger driver line up – with a similar pattern repeated in its battle with McLaren this year.

Alpine isn’t the first team to get caught out and it won’t be the last. It’s the blend of human and machine that makes motorsport so fascinating and complex. The driver is a crucial component that ties everything together in the cockpit. If you’ve got a problem with a part, you can redesign it, study in, put it on a shaker rig – any one of a number of ways to fix a problem. What makes them difficult is they are human beings.

And so is everyone else involved in the negotiations between team and driver. Which is all the more reason to make sure you get the job done at the earliest opportunity, just as you would with any other critical component.

F1 teams need to stop taking needless driver contract risks - The Race (the-race.com)

亮了(0)
回复

SZAFNAUER THINKS ALONSO’S MOVING DOWN THE GRID. IS HE RIGHT?

24 hours ago

By Scott Mitchell and Matt Beer

One of the ironies of Fernando Alonso’s abrupt rejection of Alpine for Aston Martin was that the man having to front up to the world about Alpine’s stance on it had so recently moved in the opposite direction. And not in the most convivial of circumstances.

Alpine Formula 1 team principal Otmar Szafnauer spent just over 12 seasons at what’s now Aston Martin across its Force India, Racing Point and then Aston guises.

It ended when it became clear to Szafnauer following ex-McLaren chief Martin Whitmarsh’s arrival as group CEO that “the management structure was going to be such that I didn’t have the influence that I thought I should have”.

That was perhaps the most diplomatic of Szafnauer’s descriptions of the situation. A more direct version was: “I was told, ‘Yeah, you used to be able to run the team, but you’re not running it anymore’.”

Given all Szafnauer had done to guide the team through the dark days around the transition from the Vijay Mallya era to the Lawrence Stroll era, and what a respectable underdog podium finisher it had become through the 2010s under his co-leadership after the largely embarrassing grind of its final Jordan years and short-lived Midland/Spyker era, you could forgive him for being a touch bitter.

And when he was asked in the wake of Alonso’s decision what he made of that move and whether Alonso was leaving for “a better team”, you could’ve forgiven Szafnauer for just holding up a copy of the F1 constructors’ championship standings that right now show Alpine leading the best of the rest crowd in fourth on 99 points and Aston Martin in a woeful ninth place on 20 points, still only limping slowly towards AlphaTauri just ahead even though AlphaTauri last scored a point in early June.

Instead, he provided a carefully balanced argument and some evidence.

“I know both teams well,” Szafnauer began, “I think because I spent 12 years at the other team, I know them better than I know all of the individuals here just yet.

“And I know since I left in December, they’ve hired some more people, some of which I was a part of recruiting including Dan Fellows [ex-Red Bull] and Eric Blandin from Mercedes.

“So I know what they’re trying to do and I know the people that are there and I know this team here.

“And both teams have great potential, but as we sit here today, this team is performing at a much higher level.

“It’s hard to predict the future, but in the near future this team will continue to perform at that level, if not better.

“We have plans in place here to get better, we have an internal programme called mountain climber and that’s for other reasons, but that’s to hire an additional 75 people in strategic areas that will help improve the capabilities of this team.

“And along with the 75 people, there’s also tools that we are improving now, some new simulation tools, a new simulator, expanded capacity of manufacturing, some upgrades to our windtunnel, all with the focus on being able to win in 100 races.

“Those things are still happening here and they’re happening fast, we’re already at a level of 850 people here.

“So I’m confident that we can out-do the team that Fernando’s going to in the time period he will be there.”

A strong argument. But the fact is that predicting the relative form of Aston Martin and Alpine across 2023-25 is mainly about deciphering whose grand promises of investment and expansion have the most grounding in reality, and – perhaps more importantly – which will be best at making all these new resources work smoothly together and then executing competently on track.

Both teams’ peaks came when they were nimble and brilliantly effective pure racing teams upstaging rivals that they probably shouldn’t have upstaged but were able to out-think and wrong-foot. For what’s now Alpine, that happened in its mid-1990s Benetton/Michael Schumacher championship years and its mid-2000s Renault/Alonso championship years. Aston Martin’s equivalent peak was much lower – Jordan’s unlikely 1999 title tilt (pictured above) – but had a similar air about it.

They’ve both hit lows in which they all-but-collapsed, and are now rebuilding and expanding with gigantic ambition, but not a huge amount to show for it yet – especially Aston Martin, though Alpine isn’t having to go through the same complete factory replacement process and it’s got a three-year headstart over Aston Martin in its journey from a financial nadir to rebirth under a different owner.

Both are early in new eras under new guises and with different figures at the top. Right now we can only go on hunches and personal judgement when mulling whether either or both will squander all this effort with Toyota-style underperformance, or could emulate the trajectory ‘Team Brackley’ took when Mercedes poured resources in.

Perhaps the only certainty is that when you’re on the kind of path Alpine and Aston Martin are both on now, you could really do with having in your car a vastly experienced double F1 champion with ferocious amounts of motivation, supreme racecraft and apparent invincibility when it comes to the potential ability-dimming effects of age.

Szafnauer may be right that Alpine can outperform Aston Martin next year and beyond if they have comparable driver line-ups. What he needs to urgently do now is make sure Alpine finds a driver that can compensate for the degree of boost the Alonso factor will give Aston Martin.

Szafnauer thinks Alonso's moving down the grid. Is he right? - The Race (the-race.com)

SZAFNAUER THINKS ALONSO’S MOVING DOWN THE GRID. IS HE RIGHT?

24 hours ago

By Scott Mitchell and Matt Beer

One of the ironies of Fernando Alonso’s abrupt rejection of Alpine for Aston Martin was that the man having to front up to the world about Alpine’s stance on it had so recently moved in the opposite direction. And not in the most convivial of circumstances.

Alpine Formula 1 team principal Otmar Szafnauer spent just over 12 seasons at what’s now Aston Martin across its Force India, Racing Point and then Aston guises.

It ended when it became clear to Szafnauer following ex-McLaren chief Martin Whitmarsh’s arrival as group CEO that “the management structure was going to be such that I didn’t have the influence that I thought I should have”.

That was perhaps the most diplomatic of Szafnauer’s descriptions of the situation. A more direct version was: “I was told, ‘Yeah, you used to be able to run the team, but you’re not running it anymore’.”

Given all Szafnauer had done to guide the team through the dark days around the transition from the Vijay Mallya era to the Lawrence Stroll era, and what a respectable underdog podium finisher it had become through the 2010s under his co-leadership after the largely embarrassing grind of its final Jordan years and short-lived Midland/Spyker era, you could forgive him for being a touch bitter.

And when he was asked in the wake of Alonso’s decision what he made of that move and whether Alonso was leaving for “a better team”, you could’ve forgiven Szafnauer for just holding up a copy of the F1 constructors’ championship standings that right now show Alpine leading the best of the rest crowd in fourth on 99 points and Aston Martin in a woeful ninth place on 20 points, still only limping slowly towards AlphaTauri just ahead even though AlphaTauri last scored a point in early June.

Instead, he provided a carefully balanced argument and some evidence.

“I know both teams well,” Szafnauer began, “I think because I spent 12 years at the other team, I know them better than I know all of the individuals here just yet.

“And I know since I left in December, they’ve hired some more people, some of which I was a part of recruiting including Dan Fellows [ex-Red Bull] and Eric Blandin from Mercedes.

“So I know what they’re trying to do and I know the people that are there and I know this team here.

“And both teams have great potential, but as we sit here today, this team is performing at a much higher level.

“It’s hard to predict the future, but in the near future this team will continue to perform at that level, if not better.

“We have plans in place here to get better, we have an internal programme called mountain climber and that’s for other reasons, but that’s to hire an additional 75 people in strategic areas that will help improve the capabilities of this team.

“And along with the 75 people, there’s also tools that we are improving now, some new simulation tools, a new simulator, expanded capacity of manufacturing, some upgrades to our windtunnel, all with the focus on being able to win in 100 races.

“Those things are still happening here and they’re happening fast, we’re already at a level of 850 people here.

“So I’m confident that we can out-do the team that Fernando’s going to in the time period he will be there.”

A strong argument. But the fact is that predicting the relative form of Aston Martin and Alpine across 2023-25 is mainly about deciphering whose grand promises of investment and expansion have the most grounding in reality, and – perhaps more importantly – which will be best at making all these new resources work smoothly together and then executing competently on track.

Both teams’ peaks came when they were nimble and brilliantly effective pure racing teams upstaging rivals that they probably shouldn’t have upstaged but were able to out-think and wrong-foot. For what’s now Alpine, that happened in its mid-1990s Benetton/Michael Schumacher championship years and its mid-2000s Renault/Alonso championship years. Aston Martin’s equivalent peak was much lower – Jordan’s unlikely 1999 title tilt (pictured above) – but had a similar air about it.

They’ve both hit lows in which they all-but-collapsed, and are now rebuilding and expanding with gigantic ambition, but not a huge amount to show for it yet – especially Aston Martin, though Alpine isn’t having to go through the same complete factory replacement process and it’s got a three-year headstart over Aston Martin in its journey from a financial nadir to rebirth under a different owner.

Both are early in new eras under new guises and with different figures at the top. Right now we can only go on hunches and personal judgement when mulling whether either or both will squander all this effort with Toyota-style underperformance, or could emulate the trajectory ‘Team Brackley’ took when Mercedes poured resources in.

Perhaps the only certainty is that when you’re on the kind of path Alpine and Aston Martin are both on now, you could really do with having in your car a vastly experienced double F1 champion with ferocious amounts of motivation, supreme racecraft and apparent invincibility when it comes to the potential ability-dimming effects of age.

Szafnauer may be right that Alpine can outperform Aston Martin next year and beyond if they have comparable driver line-ups. What he needs to urgently do now is make sure Alpine finds a driver that can compensate for the degree of boost the Alonso factor will give Aston Martin.

Szafnauer thinks Alonso's moving down the grid. Is he right? - The Race (the-race.com)

亮了(0)
回复

He’s not been backward in coming forward with talking up his own performances, but Alonso’s body of work supports his claims in 2022. He’s missed out on some results to reliability problems – and cost himself in both Miami and Canada – but overall he’s operated at a high level all season and been the stronger Alpine driver despite Ocon’s bigger points haul, particularly when it comes to race day. Depending on how generous you are, Alonso can be said to have lost 30-50 points to problems outside of his control. Another season of being relentlessly, typically Alonso.

Edd Straw's 2022 mid-season F1 driver ratings - The Race (the-race.com)

仍在TOP 5里,围场评价护体有。

He’s not been backward in coming forward with talking up his own performances, but Alonso’s body of work supports his claims in 2022. He’s missed out on some results to reliability problems – and cost himself in both Miami and Canada – but overall he’s operated at a high level all season and been the stronger Alpine driver despite Ocon’s bigger points haul, particularly when it comes to race day. Depending on how generous you are, Alonso can be said to have lost 30-50 points to problems outside of his control. Another season of being relentlessly, typically Alonso.

Edd Straw's 2022 mid-season F1 driver ratings - The Race (the-race.com)

仍在TOP 5里,围场评价护体有。

亮了(0)
回复

下半赛季恐怕车子/车队的幺蛾子更多…

下半赛季恐怕车子/车队的幺蛾子更多…

亮了(0)
回复
查看评论(1)

Alonso would go on to stay at McLaren until the end of 2018, but his frustration with engine supplier Honda grew to the point where he was making public digs at the Japanese firm, and he became increasingly annoyed at the team’s focus on the next season. At the same time, he was becoming increasingly disillusioned with the sport as a whole.

He would retire citing a lack of competition in the sport and spent two years out before retuning with Alpine in 2021. Since then, he has looked a man revitalised and despite now being 41 years of age, has not lost any of his old pace.

Looking back, Alonso believes that time away may have helped him as an F1 driver as it rejuvenated him after having become “mentally exhausted.”

“In terms of the downsides, it’s difficult to say anything because I don’t feel that I’m missing anything that I had when I was younger,” he told Motorsport.com when asked if his age had any negatives.

“Maybe in 2018, I felt that I was exhausted mentally by all the marketing and traveling and things like that. And I needed those two years out.

“Now I feel okay. So I don’t know if it is just those two years that helped me out. Or it’s just a different approach that I have now.”

Alonso said he had also gained a better understanding of how a race develops and his experience in different categories has improved him as a driver.

We are back. #f1 pic.twitter.com/oK6bfbG5WB

— Fernando Alonso (@alo_oficial) July 8, 2020

“I think watching races from the outside, you don’t understand sometimes different things and different behaviours of the race, looking from the outside and looking at 360 degrees,” the Spaniard said.

“It’s not only your own cockpit and your own strategy, so maybe I have a better understanding of how the race develops. And also the different categories that I drove: I think they teach me different things.

“There are different philosophies of racing, different driving techniques. It’s not that they are applicable to an F1 car, but when you lose the car, you have an oversteer, maybe my hands and my feet are doing something that I didn’t know before, because I was just driving F1 cars.

“So in a way, I feel more in control of things now.”

41 years old and still going strong, Fernando Alonso has proven age is just a number

For a man who has sometimes had a penchant of making less-than-wise career moves, Alonso has become the king of longevity. Now the oldest current driver on the grid by a good three and a half years, he made his debut in the sport at a time when Yuki Tsunoda was learning to talk.

His time in the sport does not look like it is coming to an end anytime soon either. Replacing a man six years younger than him, Alonso’s immediate future in the sport is secured with his arrival at Aston Martin in the place of Sebastian Vettel on a two-year contract.

What is remarkable about Alonso is he is racing like someone a decade younger. He has all the craft and experience built over his 20-year career but has lost none of the reactions and speed that being a top-level F1 driver demands.

The list of records he possesses is also set to grow. He passed Kimi Raikkonen for the number of laps led earlier this season and is on course to beat the same man to become the driver who has finished the most grands prix. Alonso also once held the record for the most number of points scored before being overtaken by Vettel and Lewis Hamilton.

Perhaps the biggest show of confidence in his unwavering ability was Aston Martin’s decision to hand him a two-year contract. While Alpine seemed to be unsure whether they wanted to commit to Alonso for that period, Aston Martin had no doubt even at a time when they could have attracted plenty of drivers.

These next two years may well prove to the be the final swansong of one of Formula 1’s great careers and while Alonso may not get that Championship-winning car he was dreaming of, if he is able to guide Aston Martin out of the doldrums and to the top of the grid it would be a far more fitting end to his career than his departure from McLaren was.

Fernando Alonso was ‘mentally exhausted’ at the end of second McLaren spell : PlanetF1

Alonso would go on to stay at McLaren until the end of 2018, but his frustration with engine supplier Honda grew to the point where he was making public digs at the Japanese firm, and he became increasingly annoyed at the team’s focus on the next season. At the same time, he was becoming increasingly disillusioned with the sport as a whole.

He would retire citing a lack of competition in the sport and spent two years out before retuning with Alpine in 2021. Since then, he has looked a man revitalised and despite now being 41 years of age, has not lost any of his old pace.

Looking back, Alonso believes that time away may have helped him as an F1 driver as it rejuvenated him after having become “mentally exhausted.”

“In terms of the downsides, it’s difficult to say anything because I don’t feel that I’m missing anything that I had when I was younger,” he told Motorsport.com when asked if his age had any negatives.

“Maybe in 2018, I felt that I was exhausted mentally by all the marketing and traveling and things like that. And I needed those two years out.

“Now I feel okay. So I don’t know if it is just those two years that helped me out. Or it’s just a different approach that I have now.”

Alonso said he had also gained a better understanding of how a race develops and his experience in different categories has improved him as a driver.

We are back. #f1 pic.twitter.com/oK6bfbG5WB

— Fernando Alonso (@alo_oficial) July 8, 2020

“I think watching races from the outside, you don’t understand sometimes different things and different behaviours of the race, looking from the outside and looking at 360 degrees,” the Spaniard said.

“It’s not only your own cockpit and your own strategy, so maybe I have a better understanding of how the race develops. And also the different categories that I drove: I think they teach me different things.

“There are different philosophies of racing, different driving techniques. It’s not that they are applicable to an F1 car, but when you lose the car, you have an oversteer, maybe my hands and my feet are doing something that I didn’t know before, because I was just driving F1 cars.

“So in a way, I feel more in control of things now.”

41 years old and still going strong, Fernando Alonso has proven age is just a number

For a man who has sometimes had a penchant of making less-than-wise career moves, Alonso has become the king of longevity. Now the oldest current driver on the grid by a good three and a half years, he made his debut in the sport at a time when Yuki Tsunoda was learning to talk.

His time in the sport does not look like it is coming to an end anytime soon either. Replacing a man six years younger than him, Alonso’s immediate future in the sport is secured with his arrival at Aston Martin in the place of Sebastian Vettel on a two-year contract.

What is remarkable about Alonso is he is racing like someone a decade younger. He has all the craft and experience built over his 20-year career but has lost none of the reactions and speed that being a top-level F1 driver demands.

The list of records he possesses is also set to grow. He passed Kimi Raikkonen for the number of laps led earlier this season and is on course to beat the same man to become the driver who has finished the most grands prix. Alonso also once held the record for the most number of points scored before being overtaken by Vettel and Lewis Hamilton.

Perhaps the biggest show of confidence in his unwavering ability was Aston Martin’s decision to hand him a two-year contract. While Alpine seemed to be unsure whether they wanted to commit to Alonso for that period, Aston Martin had no doubt even at a time when they could have attracted plenty of drivers.

These next two years may well prove to the be the final swansong of one of Formula 1’s great careers and while Alonso may not get that Championship-winning car he was dreaming of, if he is able to guide Aston Martin out of the doldrums and to the top of the grid it would be a far more fitting end to his career than his departure from McLaren was.

Fernando Alonso was ‘mentally exhausted’ at the end of second McLaren spell : PlanetF1

亮了(0)
回复
引用 @hoopbird 发表的:
只看此人

下半赛季恐怕车子/车队的幺蛾子更多…

下半赛季恐怕车子/车队的幺蛾子更多…

Alpine比头哥更需要积分,要不在他的车上上心把分扔掉就随便他们吧。

Alpine比头哥更需要积分,要不在他的车上上心把分扔掉就随便他们吧。

亮了(0)
回复
Re:重拾的F1雄心——头哥的2021-22赛季
虎扑游戏中心