重拾的F1雄心——头哥的2021-22赛季 1579回复/ 4624651 浏览

全部回帖

收起

The four-time world champion was given a suspended 25k Euros fine by the FIA for breaching the International Sporting Code and F1 Sporting Regs by leaving the briefing without permission after 【"expressing frustration" with race officials】.

Across the weekend, more details about the incident came out which revolved around a 20-minute conversation about driving standards that, according to Mick Schumacher, kept on revolving longer than many drivers wanted.

“I just felt like we were going in circles with some of the things that were discussed,” the Haas driver was quoted by Motorsport.com.

“It kind of was getting longer than necessary. I fully understand the direction from Seb and I think there were a lot more drivers who kind of felt the need to leave the briefing as well.”

McLaren's Daniel Ricciardo agreed, adding: “I don’t want to speak for Seb, but sometimes we’ve got engineering to do.

“So I think sometimes if you’re going back and forth and there are always conversations, if it goes on long and without a definitive answer then for sure some are like ‘I gotta go’.

“Obviously Seb was a little frustrated with the back and forth. He obviously felt quite strongly about it.”

Vettel also wasn't the only driver to voice frustration, as Fernando Alonso was also named by The Race as among those to push back against the FIA.

After the meeting, Mercedes driver George Russell then urged the governing body to end the new-for-2022 practice of alternating race directors between Neils Wittich and Eduardo Freitas.

“Yes, I agree we need to stick to one race director," he said.

“We need to have a bit more consistency with the stewarding. We come to the following event and often the steward at the previous event isn’t there. So there’s no accountability, no explanations of decisions.

“We ask questions and it’s difficult to get a straightforward answer because almost a bit of blame is being put onto someone else who isn’t there.

“So it’s tricky. Everyone has their own interpretations.”

There has also been frustration from drivers over the focus on topics such as fireproof underwear and jewellery rather than what they see as more important matters.

F1 drivers back Vettel over Drivers' Briefing outburst in Austria (insideracing.com)

The four-time world champion was given a suspended 25k Euros fine by the FIA for breaching the International Sporting Code and F1 Sporting Regs by leaving the briefing without permission after 【"expressing frustration" with race officials】.

Across the weekend, more details about the incident came out which revolved around a 20-minute conversation about driving standards that, according to Mick Schumacher, kept on revolving longer than many drivers wanted.

“I just felt like we were going in circles with some of the things that were discussed,” the Haas driver was quoted by Motorsport.com.

“It kind of was getting longer than necessary. I fully understand the direction from Seb and I think there were a lot more drivers who kind of felt the need to leave the briefing as well.”

McLaren's Daniel Ricciardo agreed, adding: “I don’t want to speak for Seb, but sometimes we’ve got engineering to do.

“So I think sometimes if you’re going back and forth and there are always conversations, if it goes on long and without a definitive answer then for sure some are like ‘I gotta go’.

“Obviously Seb was a little frustrated with the back and forth. He obviously felt quite strongly about it.”

Vettel also wasn't the only driver to voice frustration, as Fernando Alonso was also named by The Race as among those to push back against the FIA.

After the meeting, Mercedes driver George Russell then urged the governing body to end the new-for-2022 practice of alternating race directors between Neils Wittich and Eduardo Freitas.

“Yes, I agree we need to stick to one race director," he said.

“We need to have a bit more consistency with the stewarding. We come to the following event and often the steward at the previous event isn’t there. So there’s no accountability, no explanations of decisions.

“We ask questions and it’s difficult to get a straightforward answer because almost a bit of blame is being put onto someone else who isn’t there.

“So it’s tricky. Everyone has their own interpretations.”

There has also been frustration from drivers over the focus on topics such as fireproof underwear and jewellery rather than what they see as more important matters.

F1 drivers back Vettel over Drivers' Briefing outburst in Austria (insideracing.com)

亮了(0)
回复

P🖐🏼!! What a weekend 🔥 Next up: HOME GP! 💙🤍❤️ pic.twitter.com/fCJvt0g0fS

— Esteban Ocon (@OconEsteban) July 10, 2022

“It was a perfect weekend in terms of performance and how we optimised the result,” Ocon told reporters after the grand prix.

“It’s not a win but it feels like a win because there was nothing better we could have done from qualifying to the sprint to now.”

The 25-year-old, in another interview, had dispelled suggestions it had been a quiet race by listing the on-track battles he had waged, including with George Russell who was fighting back in the Mercedes following an early collision with Sergio Perez that had required a front-wing change.

“There was some hope I could have kept George behind, but after the Virtual Safety Car restart (following Carlos Sainz’ engine failure) he was just too fast, so there was no possibility to keep him under control and behind,” added Ocon.

“Thirteen points [for the team] and we obviously are tied with McLaren now in the Constructors’ Championship.”

Esteban Ocon says his fifth-place finish on landmark Formula 1 start felt "like a win" (planetf1.com)

P🖐🏼!! What a weekend 🔥 Next up: HOME GP! 💙🤍❤️ pic.twitter.com/fCJvt0g0fS

— Esteban Ocon (@OconEsteban) July 10, 2022

“It was a perfect weekend in terms of performance and how we optimised the result,” Ocon told reporters after the grand prix.

“It’s not a win but it feels like a win because there was nothing better we could have done from qualifying to the sprint to now.”

The 25-year-old, in another interview, had dispelled suggestions it had been a quiet race by listing the on-track battles he had waged, including with George Russell who was fighting back in the Mercedes following an early collision with Sergio Perez that had required a front-wing change.

“There was some hope I could have kept George behind, but after the Virtual Safety Car restart (following Carlos Sainz’ engine failure) he was just too fast, so there was no possibility to keep him under control and behind,” added Ocon.

“Thirteen points [for the team] and we obviously are tied with McLaren now in the Constructors’ Championship.”

Esteban Ocon says his fifth-place finish on landmark Formula 1 start felt "like a win" (planetf1.com)

亮了(0)
回复

亮了(0)
回复

It is not the first time he has lost out on a good result, Spanish daily AS claiming he should have ’50 or 60 points’ more.

It begs the question have Alpine let him down, something team boss Szafnauer was quick to deny.

“It’s not that we’re failing Fernando, there are several reasons why he hasn’t scored points,” he told the publication.

“I remember the case of Mick Schumacher, a touch made a hole in the sidepod. His defence in Canada against Bottas cost him a penalty, just like in Miami.”

Szafnauer says Alpine’s troubles on Saturday when Alonso couldn’t get off the grid are something that happens to everyone, the American revealing it was an issue with the control unit but one he doubts came from Alpine’s side.

He continued: “Things like what happened on Saturday before the sprint can happen to anyone. It’s not an Alpine problem.

“We do not know what caused the problem, but everything indicates that it was a problem with the control unit, which is a part that we did not design, but that we bought.

“Failed on an Alpine car because of our installation? I doubt it. But we must understand what has happened.

“We have to solve all the little problems, so that they don’t reappear in the car. But you never know what will be next, because if not, it would already be resolved.”

The team boss believes his driver is in fact “happy” with the car that Alpine having given him to race.

“He has been happy with the car for several grands prix, that’s not something that happens suddenly,” he said.

“Fernando’s seventh was assured and sixth was possible (before the double stop), but the car has pace. When a car has pace you can afford those things.”

Szafnauer is convinced that despite the on-track issues, Alonso is as committed to Alpine and Formula 1 as he was when he was winning World titles.

“I have not worked with Fernando in the past, this is my first year, but from what I see he still loves racing and he likes to compete.

“In life, in general, you are happy when you are above your expectations. If your expectations are realistic and you exceed them, you will end up happy. Not only Fernando, all of us. Fernando is still there.”

Alpine team boss insists they are 'not failing' Fernando Alonso (planetf1.com)

It is not the first time he has lost out on a good result, Spanish daily AS claiming he should have ’50 or 60 points’ more.

It begs the question have Alpine let him down, something team boss Szafnauer was quick to deny.

“It’s not that we’re failing Fernando, there are several reasons why he hasn’t scored points,” he told the publication.

“I remember the case of Mick Schumacher, a touch made a hole in the sidepod. His defence in Canada against Bottas cost him a penalty, just like in Miami.”

Szafnauer says Alpine’s troubles on Saturday when Alonso couldn’t get off the grid are something that happens to everyone, the American revealing it was an issue with the control unit but one he doubts came from Alpine’s side.

He continued: “Things like what happened on Saturday before the sprint can happen to anyone. It’s not an Alpine problem.

“We do not know what caused the problem, but everything indicates that it was a problem with the control unit, which is a part that we did not design, but that we bought.

“Failed on an Alpine car because of our installation? I doubt it. But we must understand what has happened.

“We have to solve all the little problems, so that they don’t reappear in the car. But you never know what will be next, because if not, it would already be resolved.”

The team boss believes his driver is in fact “happy” with the car that Alpine having given him to race.

“He has been happy with the car for several grands prix, that’s not something that happens suddenly,” he said.

“Fernando’s seventh was assured and sixth was possible (before the double stop), but the car has pace. When a car has pace you can afford those things.”

Szafnauer is convinced that despite the on-track issues, Alonso is as committed to Alpine and Formula 1 as he was when he was winning World titles.

“I have not worked with Fernando in the past, this is my first year, but from what I see he still loves racing and he likes to compete.

“In life, in general, you are happy when you are above your expectations. If your expectations are realistic and you exceed them, you will end up happy. Not only Fernando, all of us. Fernando is still there.”

Alpine team boss insists they are 'not failing' Fernando Alonso (planetf1.com)

亮了(0)
回复

Massa, though, believes Ferrari have bigger issues they should be concentrating on such as delivering a reliable engine.

“When I came to the team in 2006, it was very clear who was first and who was second,” the former Ferrari driver said as per the Turkish edition of Motorsport.com.

“Then Kimi Raikkonen came to us. We agreed with each other that we would fight each other until the race in Spa and after that, whoever was behind in the championship would help his team-mate.

“I don’t know how the situation is at Ferrari at the moment in terms of distribution of roles, but I think their main priority should be reliability.

“They have to solve these problems first and only then decide which of the drivers will be the first driver.”

The Brazilian went on to explain that should Leclerc be the next to retire and Sainz take the win, the gap will be down to just 12 points.

So until Ferrari fix what needs fixing, there’s no point in them choosing one driver to go for the title as he may be the one that next retires.

“It is possible that Leclerc will be out of the race in the next race and Sainz will win,” he continued.

“It’s too early to decide on roles because even they themselves don’t know which drivers will finish the next race.”

While Leclerc has two retirements to his name this season, Sainz is already on four.

Leclerc retired at the Spanish GP, a DNF that cost him the lead in the Drivers’ standings, while his Azerbaijan engine failure robbed him of the race win and led to his Canadian GP engine penalty.

For Sainz two of his four, Australia and Imola, were the result of crashes while in Azerbaijan and Austria it was the engine that put him out of the grand prix.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/felipe-massa-reliability-ferrari-priority/

Massa, though, believes Ferrari have bigger issues they should be concentrating on such as delivering a reliable engine.

“When I came to the team in 2006, it was very clear who was first and who was second,” the former Ferrari driver said as per the Turkish edition of Motorsport.com.

“Then Kimi Raikkonen came to us. We agreed with each other that we would fight each other until the race in Spa and after that, whoever was behind in the championship would help his team-mate.

“I don’t know how the situation is at Ferrari at the moment in terms of distribution of roles, but I think their main priority should be reliability.

“They have to solve these problems first and only then decide which of the drivers will be the first driver.”

The Brazilian went on to explain that should Leclerc be the next to retire and Sainz take the win, the gap will be down to just 12 points.

So until Ferrari fix what needs fixing, there’s no point in them choosing one driver to go for the title as he may be the one that next retires.

“It is possible that Leclerc will be out of the race in the next race and Sainz will win,” he continued.

“It’s too early to decide on roles because even they themselves don’t know which drivers will finish the next race.”

While Leclerc has two retirements to his name this season, Sainz is already on four.

Leclerc retired at the Spanish GP, a DNF that cost him the lead in the Drivers’ standings, while his Azerbaijan engine failure robbed him of the race win and led to his Canadian GP engine penalty.

For Sainz two of his four, Australia and Imola, were the result of crashes while in Azerbaijan and Austria it was the engine that put him out of the grand prix.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/felipe-massa-reliability-ferrari-priority/

亮了(0)
回复

忽然发现 旧的贴回来了!

忽然发现 旧的贴回来了!

亮了(0)
回复
查看评论(1)

Alonso: I'm trying to be a better version of myself

Despite a sequence of unfortunate events that have scuppered his eye-catching efforts in several qualifying sessions and races, Alonso offered up a positive personal report card at the halfway point of the 2022 campaign.

"I miss winning and I miss the feeling of fighting for podiums and bigger things," Alonso began, speaking to media, including RacingNews365.com.

"But at the same time, I'm enjoying [it], also because it's a race against yourself. In a way, I'm trying to be a better version of myself and what it was in 2018.

"I think last year, I was performing at a decent level, 'okay', but not at my 100 per cent, I will say, and this year I feel at my 100 per cent.

"This year I feel that I can put in some performances that maybe are not expected, and that kind of thing has been always my strength all over my career, and I feel that I'm back to that level.

"That probably makes me very proud of this comeback."

Alonso on the challenge of 2022's rules reset

Alonso added that, as Alpine attempt to close the gap to the front of the F1 pack, he is enjoying the challenge of the sport's all-new cars.

"All of us, we have to adapt to these cars," Alonso commented.

"I have to say that probably the biggest challenge we face, or the most fun thing of these cars, is that the faster you go, the more grip you have, thanks to the ground effect.

"Places like Silverstone or Austria, the faster you are, it seems easier to drive the car, and that's an amazing adrenaline when driving."

Why Alonso feels 'very proud' of his F1 return despite missed chances | RacingNews365

Alonso: I'm trying to be a better version of myself

Despite a sequence of unfortunate events that have scuppered his eye-catching efforts in several qualifying sessions and races, Alonso offered up a positive personal report card at the halfway point of the 2022 campaign.

"I miss winning and I miss the feeling of fighting for podiums and bigger things," Alonso began, speaking to media, including RacingNews365.com.

"But at the same time, I'm enjoying [it], also because it's a race against yourself. In a way, I'm trying to be a better version of myself and what it was in 2018.

"I think last year, I was performing at a decent level, 'okay', but not at my 100 per cent, I will say, and this year I feel at my 100 per cent.

"This year I feel that I can put in some performances that maybe are not expected, and that kind of thing has been always my strength all over my career, and I feel that I'm back to that level.

"That probably makes me very proud of this comeback."

Alonso on the challenge of 2022's rules reset

Alonso added that, as Alpine attempt to close the gap to the front of the F1 pack, he is enjoying the challenge of the sport's all-new cars.

"All of us, we have to adapt to these cars," Alonso commented.

"I have to say that probably the biggest challenge we face, or the most fun thing of these cars, is that the faster you go, the more grip you have, thanks to the ground effect.

"Places like Silverstone or Austria, the faster you are, it seems easier to drive the car, and that's an amazing adrenaline when driving."

Why Alonso feels 'very proud' of his F1 return despite missed chances | RacingNews365

亮了(0)
回复

The Enstone squad initially suspected a failure of the car's standard ECU, a component used by all teams. But a through investigation back at Alpine's base revealed that a power supply issue to the ECU rather than the unit itself was to blame.

"At that point in time, we thought it was an ECU failure," Alpine team boss Otmar Szafnauer told Motorsport.com.

"We took it back to the factory, and we were able to replicate the problem.

"And it wasn't the ECU. It's a box that powers the ECU. And so the ECU was fine, but the power box that powers the ECU wasn't fine. And if you don't power it, it looks like the ECU is dead.

"All indications were that the ECU had failed, but we didn't know then that the power box wasn't working. And it’s an Alpine part."

Alpine's analysis of its recent reliability issues also identified the cause of the fuel pump failure that forced Esteban Ocon into retirement on lap 37 of the British Grand Prix at Silverstone.

The problem, which also manifested itself after Ocon had crossed the checkered flag in the sprint race at the Red Bull Ring, was caused by the standard high-pressure pump that is supplied to teams by Bosch.

"The issue on the fuel pump is that we had a couple of early failures on the dyno," said Szafnauer.

"Therefore, we tried to fix those problems ourselves, as the Bosch standard issue wasn't working in an F1 installation, because it's a road car part.

"Several teams had this problem, and us and Ferrari got dispensation from the FIA to do our own fixes. Therefore we went our own route to fix the Bosch problem.

"And our own fix worked fine for the first nine races. We had no problems on the dyno, or on the track. Then something happened, probably we saw some different types of loadings for whatever reason. And they started to fail.

"Bosch also improved from the beginning, they’ve made changes to improve the electrical connection. So some of the teams used the Bosch improvement, and two of the teams used their own improvement.

"We're working on a new fix ourselves for France, and at the same time exploring what Bosch have recently done to fix their initial problem."

Alpine identifies cause of Alonso black-out in Austria (f1i.com)

The Enstone squad initially suspected a failure of the car's standard ECU, a component used by all teams. But a through investigation back at Alpine's base revealed that a power supply issue to the ECU rather than the unit itself was to blame.

"At that point in time, we thought it was an ECU failure," Alpine team boss Otmar Szafnauer told Motorsport.com.

"We took it back to the factory, and we were able to replicate the problem.

"And it wasn't the ECU. It's a box that powers the ECU. And so the ECU was fine, but the power box that powers the ECU wasn't fine. And if you don't power it, it looks like the ECU is dead.

"All indications were that the ECU had failed, but we didn't know then that the power box wasn't working. And it’s an Alpine part."

Alpine's analysis of its recent reliability issues also identified the cause of the fuel pump failure that forced Esteban Ocon into retirement on lap 37 of the British Grand Prix at Silverstone.

The problem, which also manifested itself after Ocon had crossed the checkered flag in the sprint race at the Red Bull Ring, was caused by the standard high-pressure pump that is supplied to teams by Bosch.

"The issue on the fuel pump is that we had a couple of early failures on the dyno," said Szafnauer.

"Therefore, we tried to fix those problems ourselves, as the Bosch standard issue wasn't working in an F1 installation, because it's a road car part.

"Several teams had this problem, and us and Ferrari got dispensation from the FIA to do our own fixes. Therefore we went our own route to fix the Bosch problem.

"And our own fix worked fine for the first nine races. We had no problems on the dyno, or on the track. Then something happened, probably we saw some different types of loadings for whatever reason. And they started to fail.

"Bosch also improved from the beginning, they’ve made changes to improve the electrical connection. So some of the teams used the Bosch improvement, and two of the teams used their own improvement.

"We're working on a new fix ourselves for France, and at the same time exploring what Bosch have recently done to fix their initial problem."

Alpine identifies cause of Alonso black-out in Austria (f1i.com)

亮了(0)
回复

HOW MANY POINTS HAS ALONSO REALLY LOST IN 2022?

Jul 16 2022

By Edd Straw

Fernando Alonso is no stranger to hyperbole, taking tremendous glee in talking up his already-monumental achievements in a racing car.

But what of his claim that he’s lost 60-70 points to misfortune so far in the 2022 Formula 1 season?

There’s no doubt that Alonso is operating at a high level despite being, as he always rails against being pointed out, 40 years old. Nor is there any doubt that he has been extremely unlucky this year. This means his tally of 29 points does not do him justice.

By his own evaluation, he’s “at the level of 2012”, the season he finished only three points behind world champion Sebastian Vettel in a car that wasn’t title material. And while that’s difficult to test, he’s at worst not far off.

So Alonso is right that he has fewer points than he deserves, but by how many? By sifting through his season and picking out the weekends when he didn’t get what he deserved and allocating a hypothetical points lost figure, we can work out how accurate his estimate is.

By The Race’s tally, Alonso isn’t exaggerating by much. While he gave his figure before the Austrian Grand Prix, we are including the whole Red Bull Ring weekend and based on that, Alonso is 47 points worse off than he should be.

His losses come in six of the season’s 11 races where outside circumstances, be they reliability woes or strategic mishaps, have been deemed to have cost him. Self-inflicted points losses are not factored in.

BAHRAIN

Started eighth and finished ninth, partly thanks to struggling with tyre management.

Points lost: 0

SAUDI ARABIA

Was on target to finish sixth when he suffered a water pump failure. Renault traced the cause of the failure as the car’s bouncing, subsequently getting clearance to make a modification to the engine’s water pump on the basis of reliability.

Points lost: 8

AUSTRALIA

Alonso was on course for a place on the second row of the grid when a hydraulic problem, caused by a leaking oil seal, meant he couldn’t downshift at Turn 11 and crashed.

He started 10th, running long after starting on hards and climbing to fifth, but dropped to 13th after pitting under the VSC and became mired in traffic. Finished 17th following a second stop to try for fastest lap.

It’s difficult to judge exactly where he would have finished had he started where he should have done, but given the race pace of the Mercedes drivers, fifth ahead of the McLarens seems most likely.

Points lost: 10

EMILIA ROMAGNA

Qualified fifth but slipped to ninth in the sprint after tyre management troubles, which was a regular early season struggle for Alpine.

He was eighth under the early safety car in the grand prix, but had sustained sidepod and floor damage when Mick Schumacher spun into him on the opening lap. That led to him slipping back at the restart then retiring.

He would likely have gone onto finish somewhere from seventh and 10th, so let’s call it a seventh place lost.

Points lost: 6

MIAMI

Finished eighth on the road and was relegated to 11th by a pair of five-second time penalties. One was for causing a collision with Pierre Gasly, the other for short-cutting the track.

He and Alpine objected to the latter penalty, but despite subsequently giving back the time gained it did affect the race situation behind him given he temporarily got out of DRS range of the chasing Mick Schumacher and triggered a race-influencing battle.

This could be considered four points lost if you consider both penalties unfair or two if you regard the second as wrong. But ultimately, both were self-inflicted, no matter how much Alonso and Alpine might feel they were unjust.

SPAIN

Alonso’s Q1 elimination was the result of poor communication and management of his final out-lap, which resulted in him being stuck in traffic and aborting the lap.

He started from the back on a three-stop strategy and finished ninth.

With a clean weekend, he could easily have beaten team-mate Esteban Ocon to seventh place, but it’s difficult to make an accurate prediction of how it would have played out.

Points lost: 4

MONACO

Started seventh and finished seventh.

AZERBAIJAN

Had a relatively straightforward weekend, starting 10th and finishing seventh.

CANADA

Qualified a stunning second and held his own in third place before an air leak in the power unit started to cost him power.

He finished seventh on the road, which became ninth after the finish when he was rightly penalised for weaving in front of Valtteri Bottas on the last lap.

Without the problem, it’s likely he would have finished fourth given the pace of Lewis Hamilton’s Mercedes.

BRITAIN

Qualified seventh and finished a strong fifth on a trouble-free weekend.

AUSTRIA

Qualified eighth but should have been sixth had he not suffered floor damage in qualifying. But that was a self-inflicted wound after trying to pinch a little bit too much track width on corner entry.

He was unable to start the sprint after an electrical problem, suspected to be a failure of the standard ECU, then started from the back of the grid after taking a strategic power unit change.

In the race, he could have finished sixth or seventh but for a double pitstop after noticing his front-left wheel was a little loose, taking 10th instead. Taking into account all of his problems, he can be awarded a hypothetical seventh in the sprint and sixth in the grand prix – behind team-mate Ocon. While he might well have beaten him, because Alonso was slower in Q2 and then made a mistake and couldn’t challenge in Q3, it’s only fair to slot him in behind.

Points lost: 9

Add 47 points to Alonso’s tally of 29 points and that puts him on 76 for the season. That’s enough to lead the midfield pack comfortably, ahead of Lando Norris and 24 clear of Ocon. As for Alpine, it would be comfortably fourth in the constructors’ championship.

This is a crude measure, as to get a fair comparison it would be necessary to work out every driver’s points lost to circumstances outside their control and readjust the results of every race. But it does broadly support Alonso’s claim, even if the total at the point he made it after the Red Bull Ring sprint race was slightly lower given we’ve included the Austrian Grand Prix itself.

Alonso may not be afraid to talk himself up, but he can certainly back that up with numbers. Even if he can’t resist inflating those figures for his own amusement.

How many points has Alonso really lost in 2022? - The Race (the-race.com)

龙吹没把对手们的丢分加回去。

HOW MANY POINTS HAS ALONSO REALLY LOST IN 2022?

Jul 16 2022

By Edd Straw

Fernando Alonso is no stranger to hyperbole, taking tremendous glee in talking up his already-monumental achievements in a racing car.

But what of his claim that he’s lost 60-70 points to misfortune so far in the 2022 Formula 1 season?

There’s no doubt that Alonso is operating at a high level despite being, as he always rails against being pointed out, 40 years old. Nor is there any doubt that he has been extremely unlucky this year. This means his tally of 29 points does not do him justice.

By his own evaluation, he’s “at the level of 2012”, the season he finished only three points behind world champion Sebastian Vettel in a car that wasn’t title material. And while that’s difficult to test, he’s at worst not far off.

So Alonso is right that he has fewer points than he deserves, but by how many? By sifting through his season and picking out the weekends when he didn’t get what he deserved and allocating a hypothetical points lost figure, we can work out how accurate his estimate is.

By The Race’s tally, Alonso isn’t exaggerating by much. While he gave his figure before the Austrian Grand Prix, we are including the whole Red Bull Ring weekend and based on that, Alonso is 47 points worse off than he should be.

His losses come in six of the season’s 11 races where outside circumstances, be they reliability woes or strategic mishaps, have been deemed to have cost him. Self-inflicted points losses are not factored in.

BAHRAIN

Started eighth and finished ninth, partly thanks to struggling with tyre management.

SAUDI ARABIA

Was on target to finish sixth when he suffered a water pump failure. Renault traced the cause of the failure as the car’s bouncing, subsequently getting clearance to make a modification to the engine’s water pump on the basis of reliability.

Points lost: 8

AUSTRALIA

Alonso was on course for a place on the second row of the grid when a hydraulic problem, caused by a leaking oil seal, meant he couldn’t downshift at Turn 11 and crashed.

He started 10th, running long after starting on hards and climbing to fifth, but dropped to 13th after pitting under the VSC and became mired in traffic. Finished 17th following a second stop to try for fastest lap.

It’s difficult to judge exactly where he would have finished had he started where he should have done, but given the race pace of the Mercedes drivers, fifth ahead of the McLarens seems most likely.

EMILIA ROMAGNA

Qualified fifth but slipped to ninth in the sprint after tyre management troubles, which was a regular early season struggle for Alpine.

He was eighth under the early safety car in the grand prix, but had sustained sidepod and floor damage when Mick Schumacher spun into him on the opening lap. That led to him slipping back at the restart then retiring.

He would likely have gone onto finish somewhere from seventh and 10th, so let’s call it a seventh place lost.

Points lost: 6

MIAMI

Finished eighth on the road and was relegated to 11th by a pair of five-second time penalties. One was for causing a collision with Pierre Gasly, the other for short-cutting the track.

He and Alpine objected to the latter penalty, but despite subsequently giving back the time gained it did affect the race situation behind him given he temporarily got out of DRS range of the chasing Mick Schumacher and triggered a race-influencing battle.

This could be considered four points lost if you consider both penalties unfair or two if you regard the second as wrong. But ultimately, both were self-inflicted, no matter how much Alonso and Alpine might feel they were unjust.

SPAIN

Alonso’s Q1 elimination was the result of poor communication and management of his final out-lap, which resulted in him being stuck in traffic and aborting the lap.

He started from the back on a three-stop strategy and finished ninth.

With a clean weekend, he could easily have beaten team-mate Esteban Ocon to seventh place, but it’s difficult to make an accurate prediction of how it would have played out.

Points lost: 4

MONACO

Started seventh and finished seventh.

AZERBAIJAN

Had a relatively straightforward weekend, starting 10th and finishing seventh.

CANADA

Qualified a stunning second and held his own in third place before an air leak in the power unit started to cost him power.

He finished seventh on the road, which became ninth after the finish when he was rightly penalised for weaving in front of Valtteri Bottas on the last lap.

Without the problem, it’s likely he would have finished fourth given the pace of Lewis Hamilton’s Mercedes.

BRITAIN

Qualified seventh and finished a strong fifth on a trouble-free weekend.

AUSTRIA

Qualified eighth but should have been sixth had he not suffered floor damage in qualifying. But that was a self-inflicted wound after trying to pinch a little bit too much track width on corner entry.

He was unable to start the sprint after an electrical problem, suspected to be a failure of the standard ECU, then started from the back of the grid after taking a strategic power unit change.

In the race, he could have finished sixth or seventh but for a double pitstop after noticing his front-left wheel was a little loose, taking 10th instead. Taking into account all of his problems, he can be awarded a hypothetical seventh in the sprint and sixth in the grand prix – behind team-mate Ocon. While he might well have beaten him, because Alonso was slower in Q2 and then made a mistake and couldn’t challenge in Q3, it’s only fair to slot him in behind.

Points lost: 9

Add 47 points to Alonso’s tally of 29 points and that puts him on 76 for the season. That’s enough to lead the midfield pack comfortably, ahead of Lando Norris and 24 clear of Ocon. As for Alpine, it would be comfortably fourth in the constructors’ championship.

This is a crude measure, as to get a fair comparison it would be necessary to work out every driver’s points lost to circumstances outside their control and readjust the results of every race. But it does broadly support Alonso’s claim, even if the total at the point he made it after the Red Bull Ring sprint race was slightly lower given we’ve included the Austrian Grand Prix itself.

Alonso may not be afraid to talk himself up, but he can certainly back that up with numbers. Even if he can’t resist inflating those figures for his own amusement.

How many points has Alonso really lost in 2022? - The Race (the-race.com)

龙吹没把对手们的丢分加回去。

亮了(0)
回复
引用 @hoopbird 发表的:
只看此人

忽然发现 旧的贴回来了!

忽然发现 旧的贴回来了!

虎扑数据无规律进进出出中…… 以及以前自己发的贴都不忍直视,哈哈哈哈哈

虎扑数据无规律进进出出中…… 以及以前自己发的贴都不忍直视,哈哈哈哈哈

亮了(0)
回复

In recent years, Vettel has become one of the sport’s biggest campaigners for issues he believes in, whether that is environmental concerns or equal rights. Throughout the season, he has worn special helmets at different races to bring attention to an issue occurring in that country at the time.

A recent example came at the Canadian Grand Prix, where he wore a helmet denouncing oil sands mining in the country, but was criticised for having the sponsorship of an oil company, Aramco, above the message.

Vettel himself has said he “doesn’t care” about any backlash he receives and that these topics are bigger than the interests of Formula 1. The German did not wear the helmet during the grand prix but his team, Aston Martin, denied they had forced him to not wear it.

Now, team boss Krack has said while he does not think it is fair the four-time former World Champion is criticised for expressing his opinion, he said he wants to see Vettel work closer with and talk more to the team.

“Everyone has their opinion on that (Vettel’s comments) – I think you can’t muzzle top athletes who are also intelligent,” the Luxembourgish told SPORT1.  “Sebastian is criticised for his commitment but that’s not fair. What happened in Canada was the best example of that.

“What I would like to see as a team representative, however, is that Sebastian works even more closely with us in his actions and talks to us even more in the run-up to his actions. Together we can achieve more.

“For example, Sebastian asked why transport from the airport to the company and vice versa cannot be done with purely electric cars. Now we’ve started doing that because it makes sense.”

It has been quite the baptism of fire for Krack, who joined the team at the start of the year and he has admitted to being surprised at the way even small details are reported in the media.

“I admit I was surprised by the small details reported in Formula 1,” the 50-year-old said. “And how media are often used to make politics.

“One example – in Spielberg (for the Austrian Grand Prix) we all voted that our previously set minimum budget be increased by four million euros because of increased costs due to the pandemic and the Ukraine war.

“And yet a team boss ran to the media immediately afterwards and lamented the increase was not high enough, even though he voted for it too. I would rather talk about the sport instead.

“The fans are interested in lap times, less in budgets or too-flexible underbodies. But maybe I’m not enough of a politician. One thing is certain – you must not over-estimate all of this either and always keep calm.”

Mike Krack says he wants Sebastian Vettel to "talk to the team more" before protests (planetf1.com)

In recent years, Vettel has become one of the sport’s biggest campaigners for issues he believes in, whether that is environmental concerns or equal rights. Throughout the season, he has worn special helmets at different races to bring attention to an issue occurring in that country at the time.

A recent example came at the Canadian Grand Prix, where he wore a helmet denouncing oil sands mining in the country, but was criticised for having the sponsorship of an oil company, Aramco, above the message.

Vettel himself has said he “doesn’t care” about any backlash he receives and that these topics are bigger than the interests of Formula 1. The German did not wear the helmet during the grand prix but his team, Aston Martin, denied they had forced him to not wear it.

Now, team boss Krack has said while he does not think it is fair the four-time former World Champion is criticised for expressing his opinion, he said he wants to see Vettel work closer with and talk more to the team.

“Everyone has their opinion on that (Vettel’s comments) – I think you can’t muzzle top athletes who are also intelligent,” the Luxembourgish told SPORT1.  “Sebastian is criticised for his commitment but that’s not fair. What happened in Canada was the best example of that.

“What I would like to see as a team representative, however, is that Sebastian works even more closely with us in his actions and talks to us even more in the run-up to his actions. Together we can achieve more.

“For example, Sebastian asked why transport from the airport to the company and vice versa cannot be done with purely electric cars. Now we’ve started doing that because it makes sense.”

It has been quite the baptism of fire for Krack, who joined the team at the start of the year and he has admitted to being surprised at the way even small details are reported in the media.

“I admit I was surprised by the small details reported in Formula 1,” the 50-year-old said. “And how media are often used to make politics.

“One example – in Spielberg (for the Austrian Grand Prix) we all voted that our previously set minimum budget be increased by four million euros because of increased costs due to the pandemic and the Ukraine war.

“And yet a team boss ran to the media immediately afterwards and lamented the increase was not high enough, even though he voted for it too. I would rather talk about the sport instead.

“The fans are interested in lap times, less in budgets or too-flexible underbodies. But maybe I’m not enough of a politician. One thing is certain – you must not over-estimate all of this either and always keep calm.”

Mike Krack says he wants Sebastian Vettel to "talk to the team more" before protests (planetf1.com)

亮了(0)
回复

Now into his second season with Alpine after returning to Formula 1, Alonso has shown little sign of passing his peak, with a current points tally of 29 underscoring his performance level, plenty of misfortune preventing that total from being higher.

But, despite the Alonso-Alpine partnership working well and it looking logical that it continues, the Spaniard said it is far from certain that this will be the case.

With Alonso’s contract up at the end of the 2022 campaign, he says talks are set to begin around the summer break in August, but offered no promises that a new deal will be agreed.

“It’s never a guarantee that you will stay,” said Alonso, quoted by RacingNews365.com.

“We have to agree on something, I think, over the [summer] break. In the next weeks or whenever, I will sit down with the team and see what are their expectations.

“Also, what is the next step on the project, as well?

“I feel happy, I feel at home in Alpine, but there is no guarantee of anything, for sure.”

Alpine introduced an upgrade package back at the British Grand Prix, which based on that round and Alpine’s showing in Austria, suggests that a clear step forward has been made by the French manufacturer.

At the Austrian GP, Alpine were the clear fourth-fastest team with their home race at Paul Ricard next up, where more upgrades are planned.

Alonso’s team-mate Esteban Ocon has set his sights on catching up to Mercedes, though in the short-term, Alonso believes that the Silver Arrows, on a run of eight Constructors’ titles in succession, are a bit out of reach.

Mercedes also have been making strides in recent rounds in their bid to haul in leading duo Red Bull and Ferrari.

“I don’t think it’s going to be that easy for us [to catch Mercedes],” Alonso suggested.

“They have a huge organisation, and we knew that they would come back sooner or later.

“For us, it’s a more medium/long-term programme.”

And as such, Alonso believes that Alpine need to soon put serious attention to starting work on their 2023 to continue progressing, suggesting that unlike Mercedes, they do not have the luxury of being able to handle two development projects simultaneously.

“It’s a matter of starting next year’s car soon enough that we don’t compromise the next project,” said Alonso.

“The big teams can start next year’s car, and at the same time keep improving this year’s car.

“For other teams, this is more of a challenge.”

‘No guarantees’ as Fernando Alonso heads into Alpine talks (planetf1.com)

Now into his second season with Alpine after returning to Formula 1, Alonso has shown little sign of passing his peak, with a current points tally of 29 underscoring his performance level, plenty of misfortune preventing that total from being higher.

But, despite the Alonso-Alpine partnership working well and it looking logical that it continues, the Spaniard said it is far from certain that this will be the case.

With Alonso’s contract up at the end of the 2022 campaign, he says talks are set to begin around the summer break in August, but offered no promises that a new deal will be agreed.

“It’s never a guarantee that you will stay,” said Alonso, quoted by RacingNews365.com.

“We have to agree on something, I think, over the [summer] break. In the next weeks or whenever, I will sit down with the team and see what are their expectations.

“Also, what is the next step on the project, as well?

“I feel happy, I feel at home in Alpine, but there is no guarantee of anything, for sure.”

Alpine introduced an upgrade package back at the British Grand Prix, which based on that round and Alpine’s showing in Austria, suggests that a clear step forward has been made by the French manufacturer.

At the Austrian GP, Alpine were the clear fourth-fastest team with their home race at Paul Ricard next up, where more upgrades are planned.

Alonso’s team-mate Esteban Ocon has set his sights on catching up to Mercedes, though in the short-term, Alonso believes that the Silver Arrows, on a run of eight Constructors’ titles in succession, are a bit out of reach.

Mercedes also have been making strides in recent rounds in their bid to haul in leading duo Red Bull and Ferrari.

“I don’t think it’s going to be that easy for us [to catch Mercedes],” Alonso suggested.

“They have a huge organisation, and we knew that they would come back sooner or later.

“For us, it’s a more medium/long-term programme.”

And as such, Alonso believes that Alpine need to soon put serious attention to starting work on their 2023 to continue progressing, suggesting that unlike Mercedes, they do not have the luxury of being able to handle two development projects simultaneously.

“It’s a matter of starting next year’s car soon enough that we don’t compromise the next project,” said Alonso.

“The big teams can start next year’s car, and at the same time keep improving this year’s car.

“For other teams, this is more of a challenge.”

‘No guarantees’ as Fernando Alonso heads into Alpine talks (planetf1.com)

亮了(0)
回复

"Oh, so unlucky!" How Alonso's cursed Austrian Grand Prix unfolded on his radio · RaceFans

这是个带语音的页面,哈哈 上一站正赛的完整回放。

"Oh, so unlucky!" How Alonso's cursed Austrian Grand Prix unfolded on his radio · RaceFans

这是个带语音的页面,哈哈 上一站正赛的完整回放。

亮了(0)
回复

One of the most robust performers F1 has ever seen, Fernando Alonso, is currently in great form for Alpine but out of contract as of the end of this year. Surely Alpine couldn’t be considering letting him go? It wants to keep him, but maybe on a shorter duration of contract than he is seeking, maybe because of his age. Regarding this, he’s recently pointed out that it is not him who is taking up space for quick young drivers trying to make it to F1, but the slow guys… they’re the ones in the way, not him! A fantastic, mischievous, typical Alonso comment – and also true. Anyway, there may be a seat at McLaren. Or Aston Martin… His options don’t necessarily begin and end with Alpine.

Vettel to McLaren in 2023? Think of the F1 driver reshuffle it could trigger — MPH - Motor Sport Magazine

One of the most robust performers F1 has ever seen, Fernando Alonso, is currently in great form for Alpine but out of contract as of the end of this year. Surely Alpine couldn’t be considering letting him go? It wants to keep him, but maybe on a shorter duration of contract than he is seeking, maybe because of his age. Regarding this, he’s recently pointed out that it is not him who is taking up space for quick young drivers trying to make it to F1, but the slow guys… they’re the ones in the way, not him! A fantastic, mischievous, typical Alonso comment – and also true. Anyway, there may be a seat at McLaren. Or Aston Martin… His options don’t necessarily begin and end with Alpine.

Vettel to McLaren in 2023? Think of the F1 driver reshuffle it could trigger — MPH - Motor Sport Magazine

亮了(0)
回复

‘WHAT’S HE ADDING TO FORMULA 1?’ – FERNANDO ALONSO INTERVIEW

Jul 21 2022

By Scott Mitchell

Fernando Alonso has started from the front row in Formula 1 38 times. The most recent occasion was a greater achievement than most and contrary to how he played it down at the time, it meant a lot to the two-time world champion.

Moments like Canadian Grand Prix qualifying help the world see Alonso the way the Alpine driver sees himself: competitive, hungry, and still capable of doing the job.

“It’s not like they are asking ‘who is this guy?’,” Alonso tells The Race in an exclusive interview.

“But, you know, ‘what’s he adding to the sport?’.

“And weekends like Canada or the second part of last year, I think they can feel that I can still add something to the sport.”

Qualifying second in Canada was Alonso’s best grid position of his F1 comeback. It was also his first front row start in 10 years. The mostly wasted second half of Alonso’s F1 career is well-documented but even in that context, a decade’s wait just to start on the front row again seems like an age.

Alonso cares about that. Not because he’s forgotten how it feels but because back in 2012 it was obvious to see he was at the peak of his powers. And F1’s fanbase has shifted since then.

To a lot of new fans in particular, Alonso has either looked like little more than a frustrated midfield driver or been an outright absentee, having spent 2019 and 2020 out of F1. So, he was already a lesser driver in the eyes of some fans than he probably deserved to be.

That being the case, Alonso worried that returning at anything less than his best would cement the view that he was a spent force – with the underwhelming second careers of Michael Schumacher and Kimi Raikkonen on his mind.

“I know the first row is not the end of the world and I have been in that position a few times already,” Alonso says, referring to Canada qualifying again.

“But it meant a lot because when you decide to come back, you need to put away a few things in life – family, friends again – and have full dedication for the job you do, travelling, the physical aspect, the mental aspect, everything and the pressure that you feel in your shoulders.

“Because you are Fernando Alonso, and everyone will look at you if you are doing well.

“And I know that there were a couple of examples in the past that people were coming back, Kimi or Michael, that they were maybe… we all had the feeling that they were not the same as before. And I didn’t want that in my comeback.

“I think, more or less, I’m achieving that. I’m the same as I was before. And that was important for me.

“Even if I felt inside that I was the same, I have to prove it from time to time and weekends like Canada help to have this feeling in the paddock.”

So, was this an external point to prove – or something to himself?

“You are aware of things and you are aware of maybe the opinion of the people,” he says.

“And you have to do hundreds of interviews, and they are asking you how you feel at 40 and if you are exactly the same as before.

“And what is the ambition now? Now you come back at 40, this is just for fun, or do you really feel fast?

“It’s not that you get angry… but of course, I feel fast. If not, I will never come back.”

Alonso’s break from F1 in 2019 and 2020 had mixed results. He became a two-time Le Mans 24 Hours winner and a World Endurance champion, failed to qualify for the 2019 Indianapolis 500 then finished a muted 21st a year later, and expanded his racing remit so widely he even made his Dakar Rally debut.

But as he’s hinted at, Alonso’s results in the first year back in F1 should have already gone a long way to convincing doubters about the level he’d perform at.

He admits he was “not 100%” in the first half of last season. Alonso needed some time “to find the rhythm again into Formula 1 things, the pitstops, the starts, the restarts, all the changes on the steering wheel and things like that”.

“This year, or the second part of last year, I feel much more normal,” he says.

Alonso is still waiting for the car he wanted to break free of the F1 midfield. Last year, though, he still did everything he could – beat team-mate Esteban Ocon in the championship, finished in the top half of the points, and returned to the podium with a third-place finish at the Qatar Grand Prix.

Not bad for a man who, as everyone kept reminding him, turned 40 mid-season. But not enough to stop the questions, especially as he has yet to nail down a contract for 2023 (and perhaps 2024) as well.

“Now that I will be 41 in Hungary, it [his age] will be the topic in Hungary!” he laughs.

“I don’t feel different in Hungary than what I felt last year at 39. But I’m aware of that.

“And let’s say that there is a new generation of fans as well now that were not there in 2006, when I won the championship, or they were not in 2012, when I was in Ferrari fighting for the championship.

“Now there are 50% new viewers, and they never saw Alonso fighting for podiums and wins. So now you come back, and it’s not like ‘who is this guy?’, but you know, ‘what’s he adding to the sport?’. Weekends like Canada or the second part of last year, I think they can feel that I can still add something to the sport.”

Quality and longevity will be part of Alonso’s legacy. As a veteran of 344 starts who will surpass Raikkonen’s record of 349 before the end of the 2022 season, he is standing the test of time. There is little, if any, hint of degradation.

That cements his reputation as an all-time great even though his career has failed to hit the heights it once promised.

Yes, Alonso is a winner of two world championships and 32 grands prix and has 98 podium finishes. He may well reach a century before he finally calls it a day. But the brutal reality is the halcyon days, in terms of results, are a long way in the past.

And Alonso suspects that is why he’s in a permanent state of needing to prove himself. When he talks about new fans and them not seeing results that would mark him out as the ultra-successful driver he’s always been known as, we ask him, how does he hope they view him?

“A fighter,” he replies. “Someone that doesn’t give up that easily. And always tries to perform at the maximum in any free practice, qualifying, the race, any condition or any position you’re fighting for. It can be the win or can be P12.

“It’s important to me that people realise that I love competition, and I love the sport.”

Alonso has always been whatever F1’s narrative needs him to be – the young gun deposing Michael Schumacher, the antagonist at McLaren alongside Lewis Hamilton, the underdog at Ferrari, the pantomime villain in the McLaren-Honda years. Arguably he’s now in a new role – the wily veteran, still ultra-combative, still insatiably hungry, still showing the kids the way around a track.

And then, just as you wonder if Alonso’s gone soft, worrying so much about what others think of him, he cuts through the sentiment with a blunt observation on why he should have to make this much effort to convince people of his abilities at all.

“I think the perception from the outside or the feeling towards me, has changed, from time to time,” Alonso muses.

“And in 2007, maybe people had a perception of what I was as a driver or as a person. Then that changed when I was in Ferrari, I was a very nice fit in the Latin team and things like.

“Now I think that the fans that we have now, there are new fans and in a way – and I don’t want to lack respect to them – but they don’t know much about Formula 1.

“They just are more like a football kind of fan, where they just follow the results, whoever is winning does the best. And whoever is last is not Formula 1 level.

“They don’t understand much about car performance and the package that you need. So you are on more of a rollercoaster kind of feeling, of perception, of what the people feel about you.

“When you do a good weekend, you seem like God. And when you do a bad weekend, you are too old – or you are too young or whatever.

“But we are all going through these phases. I think now the fans, they are just watching the race immediately, they have a feeling and then switch off until the next Sunday.

“There is not a proper culture of Formula 1 anymore.”

Alonso’s mastery of the soundbite remains as sharp off-track as his driving on it.

‘What's he adding to Formula 1?' – Fernando Alonso interview - The Race (the-race.com)

‘WHAT’S HE ADDING TO FORMULA 1?’ – FERNANDO ALONSO INTERVIEW

Jul 21 2022

By Scott Mitchell

Fernando Alonso has started from the front row in Formula 1 38 times. The most recent occasion was a greater achievement than most and contrary to how he played it down at the time, it meant a lot to the two-time world champion.

Moments like Canadian Grand Prix qualifying help the world see Alonso the way the Alpine driver sees himself: competitive, hungry, and still capable of doing the job.

“It’s not like they are asking ‘who is this guy?’,” Alonso tells The Race in an exclusive interview.

“But, you know, ‘what’s he adding to the sport?’.

“And weekends like Canada or the second part of last year, I think they can feel that I can still add something to the sport.”

Qualifying second in Canada was Alonso’s best grid position of his F1 comeback. It was also his first front row start in 10 years. The mostly wasted second half of Alonso’s F1 career is well-documented but even in that context, a decade’s wait just to start on the front row again seems like an age.

Alonso cares about that. Not because he’s forgotten how it feels but because back in 2012 it was obvious to see he was at the peak of his powers. And F1’s fanbase has shifted since then.

To a lot of new fans in particular, Alonso has either looked like little more than a frustrated midfield driver or been an outright absentee, having spent 2019 and 2020 out of F1. So, he was already a lesser driver in the eyes of some fans than he probably deserved to be.

That being the case, Alonso worried that returning at anything less than his best would cement the view that he was a spent force – with the underwhelming second careers of Michael Schumacher and Kimi Raikkonen on his mind.

“I know the first row is not the end of the world and I have been in that position a few times already,” Alonso says, referring to Canada qualifying again.

“But it meant a lot because when you decide to come back, you need to put away a few things in life – family, friends again – and have full dedication for the job you do, travelling, the physical aspect, the mental aspect, everything and the pressure that you feel in your shoulders.

“Because you are Fernando Alonso, and everyone will look at you if you are doing well.

“And I know that there were a couple of examples in the past that people were coming back, Kimi or Michael, that they were maybe… we all had the feeling that they were not the same as before. And I didn’t want that in my comeback.

“I think, more or less, I’m achieving that. I’m the same as I was before. And that was important for me.

“Even if I felt inside that I was the same, I have to prove it from time to time and weekends like Canada help to have this feeling in the paddock.”

So, was this an external point to prove – or something to himself?

“You are aware of things and you are aware of maybe the opinion of the people,” he says.

“And you have to do hundreds of interviews, and they are asking you how you feel at 40 and if you are exactly the same as before.

“And what is the ambition now? Now you come back at 40, this is just for fun, or do you really feel fast?

“It’s not that you get angry… but of course, I feel fast. If not, I will never come back.”

Alonso’s break from F1 in 2019 and 2020 had mixed results. He became a two-time Le Mans 24 Hours winner and a World Endurance champion, failed to qualify for the 2019 Indianapolis 500 then finished a muted 21st a year later, and expanded his racing remit so widely he even made his Dakar Rally debut.

But as he’s hinted at, Alonso’s results in the first year back in F1 should have already gone a long way to convincing doubters about the level he’d perform at.

He admits he was “not 100%” in the first half of last season. Alonso needed some time “to find the rhythm again into Formula 1 things, the pitstops, the starts, the restarts, all the changes on the steering wheel and things like that”.

“This year, or the second part of last year, I feel much more normal,” he says.

Alonso is still waiting for the car he wanted to break free of the F1 midfield. Last year, though, he still did everything he could – beat team-mate Esteban Ocon in the championship, finished in the top half of the points, and returned to the podium with a third-place finish at the Qatar Grand Prix.

Not bad for a man who, as everyone kept reminding him, turned 40 mid-season. But not enough to stop the questions, especially as he has yet to nail down a contract for 2023 (and perhaps 2024) as well.

“Now that I will be 41 in Hungary, it [his age] will be the topic in Hungary!” he laughs.

“I don’t feel different in Hungary than what I felt last year at 39. But I’m aware of that.

“And let’s say that there is a new generation of fans as well now that were not there in 2006, when I won the championship, or they were not in 2012, when I was in Ferrari fighting for the championship.

“Now there are 50% new viewers, and they never saw Alonso fighting for podiums and wins. So now you come back, and it’s not like ‘who is this guy?’, but you know, ‘what’s he adding to the sport?’. Weekends like Canada or the second part of last year, I think they can feel that I can still add something to the sport.”

Quality and longevity will be part of Alonso’s legacy. As a veteran of 344 starts who will surpass Raikkonen’s record of 349 before the end of the 2022 season, he is standing the test of time. There is little, if any, hint of degradation.

That cements his reputation as an all-time great even though his career has failed to hit the heights it once promised.

Yes, Alonso is a winner of two world championships and 32 grands prix and has 98 podium finishes. He may well reach a century before he finally calls it a day. But the brutal reality is the halcyon days, in terms of results, are a long way in the past.

And Alonso suspects that is why he’s in a permanent state of needing to prove himself. When he talks about new fans and them not seeing results that would mark him out as the ultra-successful driver he’s always been known as, we ask him, how does he hope they view him?

“A fighter,” he replies. “Someone that doesn’t give up that easily. And always tries to perform at the maximum in any free practice, qualifying, the race, any condition or any position you’re fighting for. It can be the win or can be P12.

“It’s important to me that people realise that I love competition, and I love the sport.”

Alonso has always been whatever F1’s narrative needs him to be – the young gun deposing Michael Schumacher, the antagonist at McLaren alongside Lewis Hamilton, the underdog at Ferrari, the pantomime villain in the McLaren-Honda years. Arguably he’s now in a new role – the wily veteran, still ultra-combative, still insatiably hungry, still showing the kids the way around a track.

And then, just as you wonder if Alonso’s gone soft, worrying so much about what others think of him, he cuts through the sentiment with a blunt observation on why he should have to make this much effort to convince people of his abilities at all.

“I think the perception from the outside or the feeling towards me, has changed, from time to time,” Alonso muses.

“And in 2007, maybe people had a perception of what I was as a driver or as a person. Then that changed when I was in Ferrari, I was a very nice fit in the Latin team and things like.

“Now I think that the fans that we have now, there are new fans and in a way – and I don’t want to lack respect to them – but they don’t know much about Formula 1.

“They just are more like a football kind of fan, where they just follow the results, whoever is winning does the best. And whoever is last is not Formula 1 level.

“They don’t understand much about car performance and the package that you need. So you are on more of a rollercoaster kind of feeling, of perception, of what the people feel about you.

“When you do a good weekend, you seem like God. And when you do a bad weekend, you are too old – or you are too young or whatever.

“But we are all going through these phases. I think now the fans, they are just watching the race immediately, they have a feeling and then switch off until the next Sunday.

“There is not a proper culture of Formula 1 anymore.”

Alonso’s mastery of the soundbite remains as sharp off-track as his driving on it.

‘What's he adding to Formula 1?' – Fernando Alonso interview - The Race (the-race.com)

亮了(0)
回复

Started: 10th Finished: 8th

QUALIFYING

Ocon was four tenths slower than Alonso in Q2 and suspected something wasn’t quite right with his car, describing it as “a terrible qualifying”. But given the team found nothing amiss, it’s likely he just struggled with oversteer and the wind effect on Saturday afternoon.

RACE

Hit Tsunoda at the chicane on the first lap after being sent wide by taking a little too much kerb, which earned him a five-second penalty. Took eighth from Ricciardo later in the first stint, but lost that position when he served his penalty during the safety-car pitstop.

Re-passed Ricciardo to secure eighth with eight laps to go.

VERDICT

A solid result but rating reflects the fact he was the second-best Alpine driver and made that first-lap misjudgment.

Started: 7th Finished: 6th

QUALIFYING

Made it through to Q3 comfortably, but gave away time on his best Q3 lap from Turns 3-6 so didn’t produce as strong a time as he could have done. That said, there probably wouldn’t have been enough to challenge Norris and McLaren for best of the midfield.

RACE

Squeezed past Norris and Russell through Turns 1 and 2, although the Alpine never had the pace to keep Russell behind. But he had Norris covered easily for the rest of the race, inevitably losing a place to the recovering Sainz in the much quicker Ferrari on his way to sixth place.

VERDICT

Other than giving away a fraction in Q3, a strong and straightforward weekend.

Edd Straw's 2022 F1 French Grand Prix driver ratings - The Race (the-race.com)

Started: 10th Finished: 8th

QUALIFYING

Ocon was four tenths slower than Alonso in Q2 and suspected something wasn’t quite right with his car, describing it as “a terrible qualifying”. But given the team found nothing amiss, it’s likely he just struggled with oversteer and the wind effect on Saturday afternoon.

RACE

Hit Tsunoda at the chicane on the first lap after being sent wide by taking a little too much kerb, which earned him a five-second penalty. Took eighth from Ricciardo later in the first stint, but lost that position when he served his penalty during the safety-car pitstop.

Re-passed Ricciardo to secure eighth with eight laps to go.

VERDICT

A solid result but rating reflects the fact he was the second-best Alpine driver and made that first-lap misjudgment.

Started: 7th Finished: 6th

QUALIFYING

Made it through to Q3 comfortably, but gave away time on his best Q3 lap from Turns 3-6 so didn’t produce as strong a time as he could have done. That said, there probably wouldn’t have been enough to challenge Norris and McLaren for best of the midfield.

RACE

Squeezed past Norris and Russell through Turns 1 and 2, although the Alpine never had the pace to keep Russell behind. But he had Norris covered easily for the rest of the race, inevitably losing a place to the recovering Sainz in the much quicker Ferrari on his way to sixth place.

VERDICT

Other than giving away a fraction in Q3, a strong and straightforward weekend.

Edd Straw's 2022 F1 French Grand Prix driver ratings - The Race (the-race.com)

亮了(0)
回复

每一个能正常发挥的分站 都感到很欣慰 不管分多不多

每一个能正常发挥的分站 都感到很欣慰 不管分多不多

亮了(0)
回复

这一站的策略OK。长距离的第四快,继续加油。

这一站的策略OK。长距离的第四快,继续加油。

亮了(0)
回复

ALPINE LE MANS SEAT PART OF ALONSO’S F1 FUTURE DISCUSSIONS

Jul 23 2022

By Edd Straw

Alpine Racing CEO Laurent Rossi has confirmed that a possible future in the marque’s sportscar programme is part of its discussions with Fernando Alonso about a new Formula 1 deal.

Alonso is out of contract at the end of the year and expects to have a new deal in place to remain in F1 for the near future. He is known to be keen on a two-year deal, saying recently that he feels he is “probably at my highest level driving-wise, thanks to experience as well” despite the fact he’ll turn 41 next week.

However, Alpine is understood to be seeking a one-year agreement.

Alonso won the Le Mans 24 Hours for Toyota on his two appearances in the race in 2018 and ’19 during a sportscar stint that also netted the World Endurance Championship drivers’ crown alongside Kazuki Nakajima and Sebastien Buemi.

He also won the Daytona 24 Hours driving a Wayne Taylor Racing Cadillac sharing with Renger van der Zande, Jordan Taylor and Kamui Kobayashi in 2019.

That sportscar track record, combined with his status as what Rossi describes as a Renault Group “legend”, makes him an obvious choice for Alpine’s sportscar programme when Alonso his time in F1 comes to an end, perhaps around 2025.

Rossi also indicated that Alonso’s potential value in sportscars in the long-term was also part of the reasoning for signing him. However, Alpine does also have a policy of not spreading its driving resources too thinly and has previously ruled out either Alonso or team-mate Esteban Ocon appearing in sportscars alongside their F1 commitments.

“Yes, it’s always been part of the discussion,” said Rossi when asked if a switch into the sportscar programme in the long-term is part of its current discussions with Alonso.

“Last year, even when we were discussing for the renewal for this year, we talked about the fact that Fernando is a legend of the sport but also a legend of the Renault Group.

“For us, he is that champion and he is always going to have a seat in LMDh. The day he switches, he will be welcome in this team.

“So obviously this is part of the discussion. We actually made that decision also thinking about it in the first place.”

Whether Alonso would consider racing for Alpine in sportscars would depend on a combination of the competitiveness of the car and what alternatives are on the table.

The current Alpine WEC programme uses a ‘grandfathered’ Alpine A480 – actually an Oreca powered by a Gibson engine and run by the Signatech team – that races in the top class against the Toyota and Glickenhaus hypercars. Alpine has won two out of four races this season, with victories at Sebring and Monza.

From 2024, it will enter a new LMDh car to continue in the Hypercar class. This will be powered by an Alpine engine currently in development at Renault Sport in Viry-Chatillon using an Oreca chassis.

Alonso’s intentions beyond Formula 1 are unclear, although when he first took on the Indy 500 in 2017 he had the ‘triple crown of motorsport’ in his sights. Victory in the Indy 500 is the only leg of that achievement missing from his CV given he has already won Le Mans and the F1 title/Monaco Grand Prix (depending on which definition of the triple crown you prefer).

He also said five years ago that he wanted to win in as many different series as possible, which if it still holds true today might mean he would prefer taking on other challenges beyond returning to Le Mans.

“If I want to be the best driver in the world there are two options,” said Alonso in 2017. “I win eight Formula 1 world championships, one more than Michael [Schumacher], which is very unlikely.

“The second one is to win different series in different moments of my career and be a driver that can race and win in any car, in any series.”

Alonso was asked about his Indy 500 ambitions ahead of May’s Spanish Grand Prix, not ruling out making a fourth attempt at the race – he also failed to qualify in 2020 and finished 21st two years ago – but stressing it would not happen while he’s still in F1.

“I will see when the time arrives,” said Alonso when asked to clarify his Indy 500 aspirations. “Sometimes you have to answer questions about what I will do in three or four years’ time and if I will go back to Indy.

“Right now, my head obviously is totally focused on the race weekend and Formula 1 right now. And I see myself racing here for a few more years.

“After that, I don’t know. I cannot say yes, I cannot say no to the Indy 500. What is for sure is that now, it is not in my head because I’m fully focused here.”

Alpine Le Mans seat part of Alonso's F1 future discussions - The Race (the-race.com)

ALPINE LE MANS SEAT PART OF ALONSO’S F1 FUTURE DISCUSSIONS

Jul 23 2022

By Edd Straw

Alpine Racing CEO Laurent Rossi has confirmed that a possible future in the marque’s sportscar programme is part of its discussions with Fernando Alonso about a new Formula 1 deal.

Alonso is out of contract at the end of the year and expects to have a new deal in place to remain in F1 for the near future. He is known to be keen on a two-year deal, saying recently that he feels he is “probably at my highest level driving-wise, thanks to experience as well” despite the fact he’ll turn 41 next week.

However, Alpine is understood to be seeking a one-year agreement.

Alonso won the Le Mans 24 Hours for Toyota on his two appearances in the race in 2018 and ’19 during a sportscar stint that also netted the World Endurance Championship drivers’ crown alongside Kazuki Nakajima and Sebastien Buemi.

He also won the Daytona 24 Hours driving a Wayne Taylor Racing Cadillac sharing with Renger van der Zande, Jordan Taylor and Kamui Kobayashi in 2019.

That sportscar track record, combined with his status as what Rossi describes as a Renault Group “legend”, makes him an obvious choice for Alpine’s sportscar programme when Alonso his time in F1 comes to an end, perhaps around 2025.

Rossi also indicated that Alonso’s potential value in sportscars in the long-term was also part of the reasoning for signing him. However, Alpine does also have a policy of not spreading its driving resources too thinly and has previously ruled out either Alonso or team-mate Esteban Ocon appearing in sportscars alongside their F1 commitments.

“Yes, it’s always been part of the discussion,” said Rossi when asked if a switch into the sportscar programme in the long-term is part of its current discussions with Alonso.

“Last year, even when we were discussing for the renewal for this year, we talked about the fact that Fernando is a legend of the sport but also a legend of the Renault Group.

“For us, he is that champion and he is always going to have a seat in LMDh. The day he switches, he will be welcome in this team.

“So obviously this is part of the discussion. We actually made that decision also thinking about it in the first place.”

Whether Alonso would consider racing for Alpine in sportscars would depend on a combination of the competitiveness of the car and what alternatives are on the table.

The current Alpine WEC programme uses a ‘grandfathered’ Alpine A480 – actually an Oreca powered by a Gibson engine and run by the Signatech team – that races in the top class against the Toyota and Glickenhaus hypercars. Alpine has won two out of four races this season, with victories at Sebring and Monza.

From 2024, it will enter a new LMDh car to continue in the Hypercar class. This will be powered by an Alpine engine currently in development at Renault Sport in Viry-Chatillon using an Oreca chassis.

Alonso’s intentions beyond Formula 1 are unclear, although when he first took on the Indy 500 in 2017 he had the ‘triple crown of motorsport’ in his sights. Victory in the Indy 500 is the only leg of that achievement missing from his CV given he has already won Le Mans and the F1 title/Monaco Grand Prix (depending on which definition of the triple crown you prefer).

He also said five years ago that he wanted to win in as many different series as possible, which if it still holds true today might mean he would prefer taking on other challenges beyond returning to Le Mans.

“If I want to be the best driver in the world there are two options,” said Alonso in 2017. “I win eight Formula 1 world championships, one more than Michael [Schumacher], which is very unlikely.

“The second one is to win different series in different moments of my career and be a driver that can race and win in any car, in any series.”

Alonso was asked about his Indy 500 ambitions ahead of May’s Spanish Grand Prix, not ruling out making a fourth attempt at the race – he also failed to qualify in 2020 and finished 21st two years ago – but stressing it would not happen while he’s still in F1.

“I will see when the time arrives,” said Alonso when asked to clarify his Indy 500 aspirations. “Sometimes you have to answer questions about what I will do in three or four years’ time and if I will go back to Indy.

“Right now, my head obviously is totally focused on the race weekend and Formula 1 right now. And I see myself racing here for a few more years.

“After that, I don’t know. I cannot say yes, I cannot say no to the Indy 500. What is for sure is that now, it is not in my head because I’m fully focused here.”

Alpine Le Mans seat part of Alonso's F1 future discussions - The Race (the-race.com)

亮了(0)
回复
Re:重拾的F1雄心——头哥的2021-22赛季
虎扑游戏中心
阿隆索最热帖
重拾的F1雄心——头哥的2021-22赛季
两次失而复得领奖台
【Amus阀哥版】阿隆索VS古铁雷斯   走近科学:揭秘恐怖事故 瞬间
这实在是太让人沮丧了
新赛季的战车颜值还凑合,但是真心不稳定呀
【暂放】国乒
we are back!