重拾的F1雄心——头哥的2021-22赛季 1579回复/ 4624652 浏览

全部回帖

收起

The two teams went into the Paul Ricard race tied on 81 points, Alpine left 【four】 ahead of McLaren.

And Alpine’s CEO Rossi says having taken the position, the goal is now to hold onto it.

“Our objective is clear,” said Rossi. “We must do everything we can to remain in fourth place in the Constructors’ Championship.

“It won’t be easy, but we must keep our flow of upgrades coming and put together strong race weekends – like we have done at home in France this weekend – for the remainder of the season.”

Alpine recently introduced a revised rear suspension as well as changes to the floor. The updates are said to have increased downforce on the car, while also helping to reduce drag with less loaded wings.

“We’re very pleased to score strongly with both cars from our home race and we’re now ahead in fourth place in the Constructors’ Championship and, I must say, it is deserved,” he added.

“On track, we knew we had a great chance to score well with both cars today. We needed a good start, which we achieved, and well executed races by both team and drivers.

“Fernando did a great job to get past Lando at the start and from there he managed his race brilliantly to score eight points in sixth.

“Esteban too had a great start but was given a time-penalty for his collision on lap one with Yuki. He had to keep his head down to claw back the advantage he gained, and his patience and decisiveness was key in passing the second McLaren of Daniel for eighth place.”

Alpine CEO Laurent Rossi vows to keep the 'flow of upgrades coming' (planetf1.com)

The two teams went into the Paul Ricard race tied on 81 points, Alpine left 【four】 ahead of McLaren.

And Alpine’s CEO Rossi says having taken the position, the goal is now to hold onto it.

“Our objective is clear,” said Rossi. “We must do everything we can to remain in fourth place in the Constructors’ Championship.

“It won’t be easy, but we must keep our flow of upgrades coming and put together strong race weekends – like we have done at home in France this weekend – for the remainder of the season.”

Alpine recently introduced a revised rear suspension as well as changes to the floor. The updates are said to have increased downforce on the car, while also helping to reduce drag with less loaded wings.

“We’re very pleased to score strongly with both cars from our home race and we’re now ahead in fourth place in the Constructors’ Championship and, I must say, it is deserved,” he added.

“On track, we knew we had a great chance to score well with both cars today. We needed a good start, which we achieved, and well executed races by both team and drivers.

“Fernando did a great job to get past Lando at the start and from there he managed his race brilliantly to score eight points in sixth.

“Esteban too had a great start but was given a time-penalty for his collision on lap one with Yuki. He had to keep his head down to claw back the advantage he gained, and his patience and decisiveness was key in passing the second McLaren of Daniel for eighth place.”

Alpine CEO Laurent Rossi vows to keep the 'flow of upgrades coming' (planetf1.com)

亮了(0)
回复

However, The Race understands Alonso is keen on a deal that keeps him at Alpine in F1 for at least two years, perhaps also with an option for 2025.

But Alonso insists he is fully focused on F1 and that a return to sportscars is not in his thoughts.

“No, not in the short term,” said Alonso when asked by The Race if he would consider an Alpine deal that includes a switch to the sportscar programme.

“I feel that I’m fresh and I’m very motivated and I’m looking forward so much to next year [and] what the second year of these rules will bring.

“We race in Las Vegas, we race maybe in South Africa soon. All these things are very appealing and I feel very fast this year.

“Last year I was struggling a little bit more but this year I feel really at my 100% and now, even thinking about sportscars or Indy or whatever is like, ‘not now’.

“My head completely removed it [those thoughts] and I’m staying focused on F1.”

Alonso has been saying for some time that he hopes to conclude a deal during the summer break, which starts after this weekend’s Hungarian Grand Prix.

Alpine already has Esteban Ocon signed to the end of 2024, but also has Oscar Piastri under contract.

Rossi said last week he expects Piastri to race in F1 next year – and Alonso for that matter – but does appear to see the Australian as a potential 2024 driver in place of the two-time champion.

Alonso is understood to have made clear his intentions to Alpine, meaning that it could boil down to whether the team agrees to his demands for a longer deal.

Reading between the lines of Alonso’s comments about how long it would take to do a deal, it’s clear he would sign on the dotted line if given the long-term security he wants. As he put it, it would be “strange” if there was too much disagreement over the terms.

Asked whether meetings are scheduled for the August break, Alonso replied: “Not yet, but it will happen. I will be on holidays, [the] bosses will be on holidays as well so we need to fix some video calls or whatever.

“But when two parties want to agree on something, it takes 10 minutes. When two parties don’t, or they fight to agree on something, maybe one of the sides is not happy.

“It will not take more than 10 minutes with whatever I am talking [about].”

The situation could be complicated by Sebastian Vettel’s retirement at the end of the season, which opens up a seat at Aston Martin.

Alonso confirmed on Thursday in Hungary that he spoke with what was then called Racing Point in 2020 when he was considering options for his F1 comeback. Given he is potentially available next year, he would be an obvious target for Aston Martin.

This might be more valuable to Alonso as a bargaining chip than a serious alternative. When asked if Vettel’s retirement makes sorting out his future more difficult, he simply said, with a grin, “not for me”.

He was careful not to rule out an Aston Martin move, as you’d expect from someone trying to get the deal he wants out of Alpine.

“All the teams are an option, as long as they don’t have two drivers signed,” said Alonso when asked about the possibility of moving to Aston Martin.

“My priority is to be with Alpine because we’ve been working and developing this project together for two years now.

“We are more and more competitive and probably my wish is to stay, but we didn’t sit down and move things forward. So still everything’s ongoing.”

The most likely outcome is that Alonso and Alpine will agree a new deal for him to stay at the team.

Given Alonso’s resolve, it will likely have to be one that keeps him with the team for at least two years. But until it’s signed and sealed, there’s always the possibility things might go wrong.

“There are two parties and I will not put a gun in the head of everyone,” was how Alonso put it.

But what he’s saying does suggest he’s very emphatic about wanting to ensure he is there to benefit from the team’s growth and improvement not just in 2023, but also the year after.

Whether or not you consider that a metaphorical gun, Alonso appears to have made his bargaining position very clear to the team.

What's actually going on with Alonso's F1 contract talks - The Race (the-race.com)

However, The Race understands Alonso is keen on a deal that keeps him at Alpine in F1 for at least two years, perhaps also with an option for 2025.

But Alonso insists he is fully focused on F1 and that a return to sportscars is not in his thoughts.

“No, not in the short term,” said Alonso when asked by The Race if he would consider an Alpine deal that includes a switch to the sportscar programme.

“I feel that I’m fresh and I’m very motivated and I’m looking forward so much to next year [and] what the second year of these rules will bring.

“We race in Las Vegas, we race maybe in South Africa soon. All these things are very appealing and I feel very fast this year.

“Last year I was struggling a little bit more but this year I feel really at my 100% and now, even thinking about sportscars or Indy or whatever is like, ‘not now’.

“My head completely removed it [those thoughts] and I’m staying focused on F1.”

Alonso has been saying for some time that he hopes to conclude a deal during the summer break, which starts after this weekend’s Hungarian Grand Prix.

Alpine already has Esteban Ocon signed to the end of 2024, but also has Oscar Piastri under contract.

Rossi said last week he expects Piastri to race in F1 next year – and Alonso for that matter – but does appear to see the Australian as a potential 2024 driver in place of the two-time champion.

Alonso is understood to have made clear his intentions to Alpine, meaning that it could boil down to whether the team agrees to his demands for a longer deal.

Reading between the lines of Alonso’s comments about how long it would take to do a deal, it’s clear he would sign on the dotted line if given the long-term security he wants. As he put it, it would be “strange” if there was too much disagreement over the terms.

Asked whether meetings are scheduled for the August break, Alonso replied: “Not yet, but it will happen. I will be on holidays, [the] bosses will be on holidays as well so we need to fix some video calls or whatever.

“But when two parties want to agree on something, it takes 10 minutes. When two parties don’t, or they fight to agree on something, maybe one of the sides is not happy.

“It will not take more than 10 minutes with whatever I am talking [about].”

The situation could be complicated by Sebastian Vettel’s retirement at the end of the season, which opens up a seat at Aston Martin.

Alonso confirmed on Thursday in Hungary that he spoke with what was then called Racing Point in 2020 when he was considering options for his F1 comeback. Given he is potentially available next year, he would be an obvious target for Aston Martin.

This might be more valuable to Alonso as a bargaining chip than a serious alternative. When asked if Vettel’s retirement makes sorting out his future more difficult, he simply said, with a grin, “not for me”.

He was careful not to rule out an Aston Martin move, as you’d expect from someone trying to get the deal he wants out of Alpine.

“All the teams are an option, as long as they don’t have two drivers signed,” said Alonso when asked about the possibility of moving to Aston Martin.

“My priority is to be with Alpine because we’ve been working and developing this project together for two years now.

“We are more and more competitive and probably my wish is to stay, but we didn’t sit down and move things forward. So still everything’s ongoing.”

The most likely outcome is that Alonso and Alpine will agree a new deal for him to stay at the team.

Given Alonso’s resolve, it will likely have to be one that keeps him with the team for at least two years. But until it’s signed and sealed, there’s always the possibility things might go wrong.

“There are two parties and I will not put a gun in the head of everyone,” was how Alonso put it.

But what he’s saying does suggest he’s very emphatic about wanting to ensure he is there to benefit from the team’s growth and improvement not just in 2023, but also the year after.

Whether or not you consider that a metaphorical gun, Alonso appears to have made his bargaining position very clear to the team.

What's actually going on with Alonso's F1 contract talks - The Race (the-race.com)

亮了(0)
回复

“Unfortunately it's like this,” Alonso said when asked by Motorsport.com about the gap to his team mate.

“I've been significantly faster probably the whole weekend. My car was performing mega this weekend, P2 today in wet conditions and things like that, but now in qualifying, yeah, in Q3, they did a better job.

“A couple of milliseconds there, also, with Lando. I felt faster than Lando the whole weekend as well. So let's see tomorrow if we can make some places.

“I mean, it was a good lap. It was a little bit tricky more turn two and things like that. The others did a better job. And those couple of milliseconds, I think we know where are also in the car. So let's try to fix it for next race.”

Asked if it was hard to go from a wet FP3 to a dry qualifying he noted: “It was harder for other people.”

Alonso acknowledged that the team’s main fight on Sunday is with McLaren, and especially Norris.

“Yes, as I said I think I felt faster than him. But yeah, both of them they are fast, and also Daniel [Ricciardo] was quite competitive yesterday in the short and long run, so it is going to be a close fight tomorrow, but not only tomorrow, the rest of the season.

“But yeah, both teams start on the top nine. So we need to maximise this result. It's very difficult to overtake here, so try to consolidate the positions on the start, and then try to defend.

“As I said, difficult to overtake, starting on the wrong side of the grid. So yeah, a little bit disappointed now, but we are top six. You should never be disappointed with a top six.

“Maybe some traffic in front of us, that maybe we are a little but faster. Some very fast cars behind us, Verstappen, Perez, Lewis maybe, if he doesn't pass at the start. So it's going to be an interesting race, because there's a couple of cars out of position.”

Alonso frustrated to lose out to Ocon in qualifying with “mega” car (motorsport.com)

“Unfortunately it's like this,” Alonso said when asked by Motorsport.com about the gap to his team mate.

“I've been significantly faster probably the whole weekend. My car was performing mega this weekend, P2 today in wet conditions and things like that, but now in qualifying, yeah, in Q3, they did a better job.

“A couple of milliseconds there, also, with Lando. I felt faster than Lando the whole weekend as well. So let's see tomorrow if we can make some places.

“I mean, it was a good lap. It was a little bit tricky more turn two and things like that. The others did a better job. And those couple of milliseconds, I think we know where are also in the car. So let's try to fix it for next race.”

Asked if it was hard to go from a wet FP3 to a dry qualifying he noted: “It was harder for other people.”

Alonso acknowledged that the team’s main fight on Sunday is with McLaren, and especially Norris.

“Yes, as I said I think I felt faster than him. But yeah, both of them they are fast, and also Daniel [Ricciardo] was quite competitive yesterday in the short and long run, so it is going to be a close fight tomorrow, but not only tomorrow, the rest of the season.

“But yeah, both teams start on the top nine. So we need to maximise this result. It's very difficult to overtake here, so try to consolidate the positions on the start, and then try to defend.

“As I said, difficult to overtake, starting on the wrong side of the grid. So yeah, a little bit disappointed now, but we are top six. You should never be disappointed with a top six.

“Maybe some traffic in front of us, that maybe we are a little but faster. Some very fast cars behind us, Verstappen, Perez, Lewis maybe, if he doesn't pass at the start. So it's going to be an interesting race, because there's a couple of cars out of position.”

Alonso frustrated to lose out to Ocon in qualifying with “mega” car (motorsport.com)

亮了(0)
回复

奥康like a lion 只防守大头 各种极限挤压 呵呵呵

奥康like a lion 只防守大头 各种极限挤压 呵呵呵

亮了(0)
回复

Ahead of the Hungarian Grand Prix, Brundle undertook a grid walk with a difference. Instead of strolling down the grid talking to whoever he comes across, he focused on the Alpine team and their preparations for the race. Brundle interviewed team personnel and was hoping to grab a word with Fernando Alonso, who was involved in a deep conversation with one of his engineers. The Spaniard gestured to Brundle, indicating he wasn’t free for a chat right then.

He bided his time, waiting for their conversation to end, only to be ambushed by a fellow F1 interviewer, Tom Kristensen, who unexpectedly grilled Brundle about George Russell’s chances of converting his pole position into a race victory.

Brundle then cut the interview short, saying: “I’m going press on.”

He then had another go at speaking to Alonso, again to no avail. “Are we going to talk to you, Fernando, or shall I go?”

When Alonso again declined, albeit politely, Brundle said: “I’m out of here then, have a great race” before telling the viewers: “That’s fair enough, what he’s saying is that he’s got a lot of discussions [to have].”

Martin Brundle grid walk ambushed amid Fernando Alonso snub ahead of Hungarian GP - Daily Star

多少年了MB还是没办法让头哥好好跟他说上一句,等也没用。哈哈哈哈。

Ahead of the Hungarian Grand Prix, Brundle undertook a grid walk with a difference. Instead of strolling down the grid talking to whoever he comes across, he focused on the Alpine team and their preparations for the race. Brundle interviewed team personnel and was hoping to grab a word with Fernando Alonso, who was involved in a deep conversation with one of his engineers. The Spaniard gestured to Brundle, indicating he wasn’t free for a chat right then.

He bided his time, waiting for their conversation to end, only to be ambushed by a fellow F1 interviewer, Tom Kristensen, who unexpectedly grilled Brundle about George Russell’s chances of converting his pole position into a race victory.

Brundle then cut the interview short, saying: “I’m going press on.”

He then had another go at speaking to Alonso, again to no avail. “Are we going to talk to you, Fernando, or shall I go?”

When Alonso again declined, albeit politely, Brundle said: “I’m out of here then, have a great race” before telling the viewers: “That’s fair enough, what he’s saying is that he’s got a lot of discussions [to have].”

Martin Brundle grid walk ambushed amid Fernando Alonso snub ahead of Hungarian GP - Daily Star

多少年了MB还是没办法让头哥好好跟他说上一句,等也没用。哈哈哈哈。

亮了(1)
回复

Alpine你们到底tm做了什么?!

Alpine你们到底tm做了什么?!

亮了(0)
回复

只能希望明年奔驰方向走对带起马丁了

只能希望明年奔驰方向走对带起马丁了

亮了(0)
回复

ALPINE THOUGHT IT COULD TREAT ALONSO AS PIASTRI’S SEAT-WARMER

Aug 1 2022

By Edd Straw

Last Thursday afternoon, Fernando Alonso was asked if Sebastian Vettel announcing his retirement from Formula 1 would make his negotiations over a 2023 deal more difficult. His answer, with a smile, was “not for me”.

It was clear that the Aston Martin vacancy would play a part in Alonso’s ongoing negotiations with Alpine, although not how quickly things would move.

Alonso had spoken with the team before, in 2020 ahead of his comeback, and was an obvious choice for any team with a vacancy needing a quality driver.

Alonso also said on Thursday that Alpine was his priority and that he wanted to stay, adding that a deal could take 10 minutes. Alpine team principal Otmar Szafnauer said last night that he could also see a deal being done in 10 minutes (although doubtless knowing what was coming). The trouble is, team and driver had their eyes on different deals.

What this comes down to is, not for the first time, Alonso butting heads with the key decision maker. In this case, Alpine CEO Laurent Rossi.

Rossi said in France a week ago that his vision was for Alonso to move into its sportscar programme once he was finished in F1. Rossi’s timeline was that this should happen for the start of the LMDh programme in 2024, which would mean one more year in F1 for Alonso then off he goes. The team could then slot Oscar Piastri in after a year of preparation with, most likely, Williams.

But Alonso wanted more than that – and dismissed the idea of being pensioned off into sportscars once Alpine was done with him in F1.

Having committed to the team for his comeback and put in the legwork, he clearly wants to be around for the good times. And he will have demanded to be well-paid for doing so.

Alpine is having a decent season and is currently the leading midfield in fourth, which is a good platform to build from. But with Alpine in the midst of a 100-race plan, one that is around one-third complete, there’s still a long way to go. Alonso is nobody’s warm-up man.

Alonso was known to want a two-year deal, perhaps even with an option beyond that. He had no intention of being a seat-warmer for Piastri and felt the team owed him that commitment – the kind of commitment he appears to have got from Aston Martin.

While we don’t yet know the exact timeline, it’s easy to imagine how it played out. Alonso and Rossi refusing to budge, probably with the latter feeling in a strong position given the lack of realistic alternatives. And if anything went wrong, Alpine still had Piastri in reserve.

But Vettel’s retirement reconfigured the chess board. Suddenly, Alonso had a viable alternative. Yes, one that potentially has an even longer timeline to victory that might not be entirely compatible with the decline that will await even as formidable a competitor as Alonso, but one that can pay well, value him as he expects in terms of his contribution and that is – or at least should be – on an odyssey to the front of F1.

Alonso would surely have taken the longer-term Alpine deal were it offered. It’s understood that there were others in the team in senior positions who felt that was the right move. But Rossi held firm, either in the assumption Alonso would acquiesce or not caring if he didn’t on the basis that no driver is bigger than the team. Either of those would be intolerable to Alonso. This is the outcome.

It remains to be seen who the real winner is out of Alonso and Alpine. The driver ends up in what is currently an inferior team, while the team loses a driver who is still performing at a high level.

Perhaps they both lost? And maybe it would have been a different story had Alpine’s room to manoeuvre not been limited by signing Esteban Ocon to a deal keeping him there until the end of 2024 last year.

Good as Piastri is – and he is seriously good – it does weaken the line-up in the short-term if Alpine goes into 2023 with him and Ocon behind the wheel. Piastri won’t join Alpine having been blooded elsewhere, he’ll be thrown straight in. But his quality will shine through soon enough and if he does take the drive, Alpine will have an outstanding young driver for the long-term.

There’s also the possibility Alpine might feel it needs to stick with the original plan and find an interim option. But, of course, Alonso was that ideal interim option in Alpine’s mind.

And as far as Alonso was concerned, that was the problem.

Alpine thought it could treat Alonso as Piastri's seat-warmer - The Race (the-race.com)

需求和抱负不同,早散晚散都是这么个结果。那就这样吧。

ALPINE THOUGHT IT COULD TREAT ALONSO AS PIASTRI’S SEAT-WARMER

Aug 1 2022

By Edd Straw

Last Thursday afternoon, Fernando Alonso was asked if Sebastian Vettel announcing his retirement from Formula 1 would make his negotiations over a 2023 deal more difficult. His answer, with a smile, was “not for me”.

It was clear that the Aston Martin vacancy would play a part in Alonso’s ongoing negotiations with Alpine, although not how quickly things would move.

Alonso had spoken with the team before, in 2020 ahead of his comeback, and was an obvious choice for any team with a vacancy needing a quality driver.

Alonso also said on Thursday that Alpine was his priority and that he wanted to stay, adding that a deal could take 10 minutes. Alpine team principal Otmar Szafnauer said last night that he could also see a deal being done in 10 minutes (although doubtless knowing what was coming). The trouble is, team and driver had their eyes on different deals.

What this comes down to is, not for the first time, Alonso butting heads with the key decision maker. In this case, Alpine CEO Laurent Rossi.

Rossi said in France a week ago that his vision was for Alonso to move into its sportscar programme once he was finished in F1. Rossi’s timeline was that this should happen for the start of the LMDh programme in 2024, which would mean one more year in F1 for Alonso then off he goes. The team could then slot Oscar Piastri in after a year of preparation with, most likely, Williams.

But Alonso wanted more than that – and dismissed the idea of being pensioned off into sportscars once Alpine was done with him in F1.

Having committed to the team for his comeback and put in the legwork, he clearly wants to be around for the good times. And he will have demanded to be well-paid for doing so.

Alpine is having a decent season and is currently the leading midfield in fourth, which is a good platform to build from. But with Alpine in the midst of a 100-race plan, one that is around one-third complete, there’s still a long way to go. Alonso is nobody’s warm-up man.

Alonso was known to want a two-year deal, perhaps even with an option beyond that. He had no intention of being a seat-warmer for Piastri and felt the team owed him that commitment – the kind of commitment he appears to have got from Aston Martin.

While we don’t yet know the exact timeline, it’s easy to imagine how it played out. Alonso and Rossi refusing to budge, probably with the latter feeling in a strong position given the lack of realistic alternatives. And if anything went wrong, Alpine still had Piastri in reserve.

But Vettel’s retirement reconfigured the chess board. Suddenly, Alonso had a viable alternative. Yes, one that potentially has an even longer timeline to victory that might not be entirely compatible with the decline that will await even as formidable a competitor as Alonso, but one that can pay well, value him as he expects in terms of his contribution and that is – or at least should be – on an odyssey to the front of F1.

Alonso would surely have taken the longer-term Alpine deal were it offered. It’s understood that there were others in the team in senior positions who felt that was the right move. But Rossi held firm, either in the assumption Alonso would acquiesce or not caring if he didn’t on the basis that no driver is bigger than the team. Either of those would be intolerable to Alonso. This is the outcome.

It remains to be seen who the real winner is out of Alonso and Alpine. The driver ends up in what is currently an inferior team, while the team loses a driver who is still performing at a high level.

Perhaps they both lost? And maybe it would have been a different story had Alpine’s room to manoeuvre not been limited by signing Esteban Ocon to a deal keeping him there until the end of 2024 last year.

Good as Piastri is – and he is seriously good – it does weaken the line-up in the short-term if Alpine goes into 2023 with him and Ocon behind the wheel. Piastri won’t join Alpine having been blooded elsewhere, he’ll be thrown straight in. But his quality will shine through soon enough and if he does take the drive, Alpine will have an outstanding young driver for the long-term.

There’s also the possibility Alpine might feel it needs to stick with the original plan and find an interim option. But, of course, Alonso was that ideal interim option in Alpine’s mind.

And as far as Alonso was concerned, that was the problem.

Alpine thought it could treat Alonso as Piastri's seat-warmer - The Race (the-race.com)

需求和抱负不同,早散晚散都是这么个结果。那就这样吧。

亮了(0)
回复

终于不用再忍受奥康了

终于不用再忍受奥康了

亮了(0)
回复

大头这站刷新了f1最多圈记录

大头这站刷新了f1最多圈记录

亮了(0)
回复

When Vettel told owner Lawrence Stroll last Wednesday night that he was off, the billionaire accepted Vettel’s decision and is believed to have got straight on the phone to Alonso, whom he has known for many years.

Stroll offered Alonso everything he wanted in terms of length of contract (two years with an option), financial package and the potential for the Spaniard to turn things around and be seen as a saviour in the twilight of his career. Alonso simply couldn’t say no – and a deal was quickly thrashed out. I’m told it was done and dusted on Sunday night in the Hungaroring paddock.Alonso will know that he is risking a step-back in performance. He’s swapping the fourth-best team for the ninth-best currently. But he will also know that Aston Martin essentially have a blank cheque and are throwing everything at making this the best car on the grid. Next year’s machine will be the first where Fallows will have had some oversight.

A new factory will come online next year, a state-of-the-art wind tunnel not long after. He will be the team leader, with the operation putting all their faith in him and listening to the way he wants to do things.

And while you might say that, at 41, he won’t be around long enough to enjoy the fruits of his labour at Aston Martin, Alonso will tell you different. He is a different animal and will feel he can race on for years, operating at a level good enough to fight for wins and the championship. Whether or not that is the reality is irrelevant. Alonso wants to be around –  and wants to make this project a success and Stroll wants a big name who can make the difference on track. This is the perfect match.

ANALYSIS: Why Alonso accepted Aston Martin’s advances and signed a shock deal – and why it could be a perfect match | Formula 1®

When Vettel told owner Lawrence Stroll last Wednesday night that he was off, the billionaire accepted Vettel’s decision and is believed to have got straight on the phone to Alonso, whom he has known for many years.

Stroll offered Alonso everything he wanted in terms of length of contract (two years with an option), financial package and the potential for the Spaniard to turn things around and be seen as a saviour in the twilight of his career. Alonso simply couldn’t say no – and a deal was quickly thrashed out. I’m told it was done and dusted on Sunday night in the Hungaroring paddock.Alonso will know that he is risking a step-back in performance. He’s swapping the fourth-best team for the ninth-best currently. But he will also know that Aston Martin essentially have a blank cheque and are throwing everything at making this the best car on the grid. Next year’s machine will be the first where Fallows will have had some oversight.

A new factory will come online next year, a state-of-the-art wind tunnel not long after. He will be the team leader, with the operation putting all their faith in him and listening to the way he wants to do things.

And while you might say that, at 41, he won’t be around long enough to enjoy the fruits of his labour at Aston Martin, Alonso will tell you different. He is a different animal and will feel he can race on for years, operating at a level good enough to fight for wins and the championship. Whether or not that is the reality is irrelevant. Alonso wants to be around –  and wants to make this project a success and Stroll wants a big name who can make the difference on track. This is the perfect match.

ANALYSIS: Why Alonso accepted Aston Martin’s advances and signed a shock deal – and why it could be a perfect match | Formula 1®

亮了(0)
回复

Initial reaction to F1's bombshell transfer

Ted Kravitz: "I don't think there's any shame in saying that this was a surprise to everybody!

"Obviously Fernando is out of contract and has been looking around the big teams.

"He admitted when I spoke to him before the Spanish Grand Prix that he would be happy to go to any big team and be a number two to Charles Leclerc or Max Verstappen, so his mind was clearly not with staying at Alpine. Or at best, staying at Alpine would be a second choice to joining a big team.

"So in those terms, maybe it's not entirely unexpected that he was thinking of a move."

Why has Alonso picked Aston Martin?

Ted: "For Alonso, if his mind is not to stay at Alpine, and with other avenues closed, he might be looking at what Aston Martin are building up.

"They've got a lot of people in from Red Bull, Dan Fallows, for example, has arrived as technical director and has started coming to races, and Alonso will know about him and others.

"He will also know there is money there and he thought this was the best option.

"But what does this say about Alpine?

"Christian Horner, in one of his sometimes not so edifying quips about Renault during Red Bull's engine deal, would say that Renault F1 are a team that wants first class, but are only prepared to pay economy. Maybe Fernando's seen that as well?

"Maybe he's seen that there isn't a level of investment that he's seen at Aston Martin, and Alpine are ready to just tick on by, aim for fourth in the constructors'? Does it serve Renault's wishes just to keep the Alpine name there and compete at a certain level?

"I wonder if Fernando saw a lack of ambition that he hadn't seen during his time as a Renault factory driver. That's why he chose to look elsewhere."

An Aston-triggered move or an Alpine-triggered move?

Ted: "Aston Martin, when they discovered that Sebastian Vettel wasn't going to drive there, I think they felt they needed a big name.

"They're a team that has very high ambitions, so I think their point of view was that we could get a Nyck de Vries, or an Oscar Piastri, but these are guys who don't really have any experience.

"So they've gone big!

"There is also the prospect that Alpine didn't want to continue with Alonso and wanted to promote Oscar Piastri.

"I haven't seen any evidence of that - it's not impossible - but I haven't seen it. All the race team absolutely adore Fernando and he can do amazing things with the car.

"So I don't really think it was Alpine's choice to let him go. But then with Piastri lined up, it's not really an issue for them.

"They've got the guy they've been wanting to promote, they thought they were going to place him somewhere else, and that's not going to happen. So the drivers Piastri was going to potentially replace can breathe a sigh of relief."

Is it a huge gamble for Alonso to drop down the grid?

Ted: "It's fairly standard Fernando Alonso career behaviour that he is betting on a marked improvement in the next three years!

"That is, though, the other thing I find slightly perplexing about the whole thing, that at best it's going to take three years for Aston Martin to be able to win races and challenge for championships. By which point, Fernando will be 44.

"He's fit as a fiddle and he's into F1 as he ever was, his break refreshed him, and he's not running out of steam like Sebastian Vettel has. But, really? And is that to suggest Alpine were never going to get there?

"Or, is he just looking for one more team to see what he could do, a different challenge?

"It is all a bit odd."

What's the fit?

Ted: "I thought it was interesting in the press release that Lawrence Stroll said Fernando is a "committed winner like me".

"I think those two alpha males, if they work together and constructively, then they can push the team forward.

"There will be concerns from Alonso fans that if things don't go the way he wants then you've got two potentially fiery characters up against each other.

"But I don't see any reason why they shouldn't be productive, and they shouldn't push the team on."

Is Mercedes power a factor in the deal?

Ted: "What it also does do is reunite Fernando with the Mercedes engine family, which I think is an interesting angle. Fernando hasn't been powered by Mercedes since he left McLaren the first time round under a bit of a cloud 15 years ago.

"So this would have needed a sign-off from Toto Wolff, which it obviously got.

"Is it ridiculous to think that Mercedes wanted Fernando back in their family just to see what he was like?

"Should Lewis decide he was to leave for whatever reason, and they need a world champion to put alongside George, would it not be the end of the world if Mercedes had a bit of visibility in what Fernando was like, even as a 41-year-old?

"You might have thought that was unlikely, but as this announcement proves - anything is possible in F1!"

Fernando Alonso to Aston Martin: Ted Kravitz reacts to bombshell F1 move as Alpine lose world champion | F1 News (skysports.com)

The timing of Vettel's video retirement declaration made even more sense when Fernando Alonso was surprisingly announced as taking his seat on Monday morning. It appears that Alpine couldn't or wouldn't offer Alonso a two-year deal, and his Aston Martin deal is officially described as multi-year.

He's also been fairly underwhelmed at how punchy his team-mate Esteban Ocon has been towards him in combat at Alpine rather than turning all their guns on their rivals.

Fernando is a force of nature on and off the track and he will push the team very hard. He's mellowed a little these days but there could easily be fireworks as he joins the Stroll family 'firm'.

I remember interviewing Fernando on the 2018 Abu Dhabi grid and he was very convincing that it really was the end of his F1 career, but now he'll be on the grid until at least the end of 2024 at the age of 43 and with 400 F1 races under his right foot. Extraordinary.

Martin Brundle on the Hungarian GP: Sebastian Vettel and Fernando Alonso make big decisions, Ferrari inexplicably fumble | F1 News (skysports.com)

Initial reaction to F1's bombshell transfer

Ted Kravitz: "I don't think there's any shame in saying that this was a surprise to everybody!

"Obviously Fernando is out of contract and has been looking around the big teams.

"He admitted when I spoke to him before the Spanish Grand Prix that he would be happy to go to any big team and be a number two to Charles Leclerc or Max Verstappen, so his mind was clearly not with staying at Alpine. Or at best, staying at Alpine would be a second choice to joining a big team.

"So in those terms, maybe it's not entirely unexpected that he was thinking of a move."

Why has Alonso picked Aston Martin?

Ted: "For Alonso, if his mind is not to stay at Alpine, and with other avenues closed, he might be looking at what Aston Martin are building up.

"They've got a lot of people in from Red Bull, Dan Fallows, for example, has arrived as technical director and has started coming to races, and Alonso will know about him and others.

"He will also know there is money there and he thought this was the best option.

"But what does this say about Alpine?

"Christian Horner, in one of his sometimes not so edifying quips about Renault during Red Bull's engine deal, would say that Renault F1 are a team that wants first class, but are only prepared to pay economy. Maybe Fernando's seen that as well?

"Maybe he's seen that there isn't a level of investment that he's seen at Aston Martin, and Alpine are ready to just tick on by, aim for fourth in the constructors'? Does it serve Renault's wishes just to keep the Alpine name there and compete at a certain level?

"I wonder if Fernando saw a lack of ambition that he hadn't seen during his time as a Renault factory driver. That's why he chose to look elsewhere."

An Aston-triggered move or an Alpine-triggered move?

Ted: "Aston Martin, when they discovered that Sebastian Vettel wasn't going to drive there, I think they felt they needed a big name.

"They're a team that has very high ambitions, so I think their point of view was that we could get a Nyck de Vries, or an Oscar Piastri, but these are guys who don't really have any experience.

"So they've gone big!

"There is also the prospect that Alpine didn't want to continue with Alonso and wanted to promote Oscar Piastri.

"I haven't seen any evidence of that - it's not impossible - but I haven't seen it. All the race team absolutely adore Fernando and he can do amazing things with the car.

"So I don't really think it was Alpine's choice to let him go. But then with Piastri lined up, it's not really an issue for them.

"They've got the guy they've been wanting to promote, they thought they were going to place him somewhere else, and that's not going to happen. So the drivers Piastri was going to potentially replace can breathe a sigh of relief."

Is it a huge gamble for Alonso to drop down the grid?

Ted: "It's fairly standard Fernando Alonso career behaviour that he is betting on a marked improvement in the next three years!

"That is, though, the other thing I find slightly perplexing about the whole thing, that at best it's going to take three years for Aston Martin to be able to win races and challenge for championships. By which point, Fernando will be 44.

"He's fit as a fiddle and he's into F1 as he ever was, his break refreshed him, and he's not running out of steam like Sebastian Vettel has. But, really? And is that to suggest Alpine were never going to get there?

"Or, is he just looking for one more team to see what he could do, a different challenge?

"It is all a bit odd."

What's the fit?

Ted: "I thought it was interesting in the press release that Lawrence Stroll said Fernando is a "committed winner like me".

"I think those two alpha males, if they work together and constructively, then they can push the team forward.

"There will be concerns from Alonso fans that if things don't go the way he wants then you've got two potentially fiery characters up against each other.

"But I don't see any reason why they shouldn't be productive, and they shouldn't push the team on."

Is Mercedes power a factor in the deal?

Ted: "What it also does do is reunite Fernando with the Mercedes engine family, which I think is an interesting angle. Fernando hasn't been powered by Mercedes since he left McLaren the first time round under a bit of a cloud 15 years ago.

"So this would have needed a sign-off from Toto Wolff, which it obviously got.

"Is it ridiculous to think that Mercedes wanted Fernando back in their family just to see what he was like?

"Should Lewis decide he was to leave for whatever reason, and they need a world champion to put alongside George, would it not be the end of the world if Mercedes had a bit of visibility in what Fernando was like, even as a 41-year-old?

"You might have thought that was unlikely, but as this announcement proves - anything is possible in F1!"

Fernando Alonso to Aston Martin: Ted Kravitz reacts to bombshell F1 move as Alpine lose world champion | F1 News (skysports.com)

The timing of Vettel's video retirement declaration made even more sense when Fernando Alonso was surprisingly announced as taking his seat on Monday morning. It appears that Alpine couldn't or wouldn't offer Alonso a two-year deal, and his Aston Martin deal is officially described as multi-year.

He's also been fairly underwhelmed at how punchy his team-mate Esteban Ocon has been towards him in combat at Alpine rather than turning all their guns on their rivals.

Fernando is a force of nature on and off the track and he will push the team very hard. He's mellowed a little these days but there could easily be fireworks as he joins the Stroll family 'firm'.

I remember interviewing Fernando on the 2018 Abu Dhabi grid and he was very convincing that it really was the end of his F1 career, but now he'll be on the grid until at least the end of 2024 at the age of 43 and with 400 F1 races under his right foot. Extraordinary.

Martin Brundle on the Hungarian GP: Sebastian Vettel and Fernando Alonso make big decisions, Ferrari inexplicably fumble | F1 News (skysports.com)

亮了(0)
回复
查看评论(1)

Speaking on Sky Sports F1’s ‘Any Driven Monday‘, Massa said: “I think first of all Fernando is an amazing driver, I had the chance to be team-mate with him [for] a long time in Ferrari. I learned a lot with him, so he is in my view, one of the best drivers in Formula 1.

“It was a little bit strange to hear the decision from him to sign with Aston Martin, to be honest, I think Aston Martin has a lot to gain with Fernando there, don’t know if Fernando has a lot to gain by being there with Aston Martin in my view.

“The most important thing for Fernando is to have a competitive car in order to show what he is able to [do], but I don’t think, if things stay the way it is now, Fernando fighting for tenth, eleventh, twelfth, thirteenth positions, this I don’t think will be really interesting for him.”

Felipe Massa casts doubt over Fernando Alonso’s Aston Martin move (planetf1.com)

Speaking on Sky Sports F1’s ‘Any Driven Monday‘, Massa said: “I think first of all Fernando is an amazing driver, I had the chance to be team-mate with him [for] a long time in Ferrari. I learned a lot with him, so he is in my view, one of the best drivers in Formula 1.

“It was a little bit strange to hear the decision from him to sign with Aston Martin, to be honest, I think Aston Martin has a lot to gain with Fernando there, don’t know if Fernando has a lot to gain by being there with Aston Martin in my view.

“The most important thing for Fernando is to have a competitive car in order to show what he is able to [do], but I don’t think, if things stay the way it is now, Fernando fighting for tenth, eleventh, twelfth, thirteenth positions, this I don’t think will be really interesting for him.”

Felipe Massa casts doubt over Fernando Alonso’s Aston Martin move (planetf1.com)

亮了(0)
回复

Alonso was unhappy on team radio at the start of the weekend’s Hungarian Grand Prix, after Ocon moved across and blocked his team-mate at the start and hindered his progress.

“Never in my life I saw a defence like Esteban. Never,” was the two-time World Champion’s assessment of the move as his Alpine colleague moved right in front of him, which he described after the race as being “quite aggressive” on Ocon’s part.

The in-team fight at Alpine continued in the race as well, with their duel having an eventual negative effect as they ran wide at Turn 2, allowing McLaren’s Daniel Ricciardo to swoop past the pair of them in one go.

This is not the first time this season there has been a spicy battle between the two either, with a heated duel in Saudi Arabia also almost seeing sparks fly as they fought tooth-and-nail for several laps.

Brundle said that, while several factors will have been in play with Alonso’s shock decision to join Aston Martin, Ocon’s stout defending and forceful attacking will have had a negative impact at the team, not least in maximising their potential results in losing time through their squabbles.

Does anyone else really, really want Netflix to be in the Alpine debrief tonight?#HungarianGP  #F1

— PlanetF1 (@Planet_F1) July 31, 2022

“It appears that Alpine couldn’t or wouldn’t offer Alonso a two-year deal, and his Aston Martin deal is officially described as multi-year,” Brundle wrote in his Sky Sports post-race column.

“He’s also been fairly underwhelmed at how punchy his team-mate Esteban Ocon has been towards him in combat at Alpine rather than turning all their guns on their rivals.

“Fernando is a force of nature on and off the track and he will push the team very hard. He’s mellowed a little these days but there could easily be fireworks as he joins the Stroll family ‘firm’.”

Martin Brundle believes 'punchy' Esteban Ocon played a role in Fernando Alonso exit (planetf1.com)

Alonso was unhappy on team radio at the start of the weekend’s Hungarian Grand Prix, after Ocon moved across and blocked his team-mate at the start and hindered his progress.

“Never in my life I saw a defence like Esteban. Never,” was the two-time World Champion’s assessment of the move as his Alpine colleague moved right in front of him, which he described after the race as being “quite aggressive” on Ocon’s part.

The in-team fight at Alpine continued in the race as well, with their duel having an eventual negative effect as they ran wide at Turn 2, allowing McLaren’s Daniel Ricciardo to swoop past the pair of them in one go.

This is not the first time this season there has been a spicy battle between the two either, with a heated duel in Saudi Arabia also almost seeing sparks fly as they fought tooth-and-nail for several laps.

Brundle said that, while several factors will have been in play with Alonso’s shock decision to join Aston Martin, Ocon’s stout defending and forceful attacking will have had a negative impact at the team, not least in maximising their potential results in losing time through their squabbles.

Does anyone else really, really want Netflix to be in the Alpine debrief tonight?#HungarianGP  #F1

— PlanetF1 (@Planet_F1) July 31, 2022

“It appears that Alpine couldn’t or wouldn’t offer Alonso a two-year deal, and his Aston Martin deal is officially described as multi-year,” Brundle wrote in his Sky Sports post-race column.

“He’s also been fairly underwhelmed at how punchy his team-mate Esteban Ocon has been towards him in combat at Alpine rather than turning all their guns on their rivals.

“Fernando is a force of nature on and off the track and he will push the team very hard. He’s mellowed a little these days but there could easily be fireworks as he joins the Stroll family ‘firm’.”

Martin Brundle believes 'punchy' Esteban Ocon played a role in Fernando Alonso exit (planetf1.com)

亮了(0)
回复

ALPINE: ALONSO SAID HE HADN’T SIGNED FOR ASTON MARTIN

Aug 2 2022

By Scott Mitchell

Alpine Formula 1 boss Otmar Szafnauer only learned Fernando Alonso had secretly agreed to join Aston Martin from the team’s announcement and claims Alonso had indicated an Alpine renewal was imminent.

Alonso will switch to Aston Martin in 2023 after snubbing a new deal at Alpine in favour of a blockbuster multi-year contract to replace Sebastian Vettel at the rival midfield team owned by Lawrence Stroll.

Aston Martin reacted quickly to learning of Vettel’s decision to retire and managed to start and conclude negotiations with Alonso’s management over the Hungarian Grand Prix weekend.

That gazumped Alpine, which had expected to re-sign Alonso even though there had been complications in their discussions due to Alonso wanting a two-year deal and Alpine CEO Laurent Rossi only wanting to guarantee keeping him for 2023.

“It is the first confirmation I had,” Szafnauer told select media including The Race of the Aston Martin announcement.

“Obviously when we’re in the paddock there’s all sorts of rumours. I’d heard rumour Aston were interested. And once you hear they are interested there are probably discussions that took place.

“There were some other indications that discussions took place, like walking out of the same motorhome at the same time, all that kind of stuff, which I saw.

“But I was confident that even with the discussions – there’s nothing wrong with exploring – we were very close.

“The first confirmation I had was the press release. I did ask the question [before leaving Hungary] and was told, ‘No, no, no I haven’t signed anything’.

“So, I was a bit surprised.”

Alonso was offered a one-year contract with an option on the team’s side for second year, which Alpine intended to take up as long as Alonso maintained his current performance level.

Szafnauer said the delay sparked by Alpine’s hesitance to offer a straight two-year deal was that the team was mindful of Alonso’s age and the potential for him to decline, whereas Alonso wanted “wanted more certainty independent of performance”.

Alpine had expected this to be accepted but believes Alonso’s offer from Aston Martin – thought to be a two-plus-one – came with a higher salary and a commitment with no caveats.

Szafnauer said that he was “very confident that Fernando would continue with us” as they were “very close to finalising the agreement”.

“There were just a couple of minor points outstanding,” Szafnauer said.

“He said his lawyer would get back to us on. And I believed that to be the case.

“Before he left I confirmed with him we would be signing soon, and he said, ‘Don’t worry, I haven’t signed with anybody else, we’ll continue this in the next couple of days’.

“And then the next morning I saw the release from Aston.

“We were very, very close. We had what I thought was a fair contract on both sides and Fernando did too.

“It looks like he decided to do something else thereafter.”

The extent of Alpine’s surprise at Alonso’s decision was illustrated by the team’s slow reaction to the news on Monday.

It took more than 90 minutes for Alpine to issue a short statement on social media and there has been no news of a replacement either, indicating the team did not have an alternative to Alonso readily lined up.

Szafnauer said he had fielded calls on behalf of several interested drivers on Monday.

Reserve driver Oscar Piastri is an obvious candidate and Szafnauer said he is Alpine’s preferred choice.

Alpine: Alonso said he hadn't signed for Aston Martin - The Race (the-race.com)

不放嘴上说不是没有不满。和奥康的“完美师徒关系”到期了,下半年争取把队内比较分翻过去吧头哥。

ALPINE: ALONSO SAID HE HADN’T SIGNED FOR ASTON MARTIN

Aug 2 2022

By Scott Mitchell

Alpine Formula 1 boss Otmar Szafnauer only learned Fernando Alonso had secretly agreed to join Aston Martin from the team’s announcement and claims Alonso had indicated an Alpine renewal was imminent.

Alonso will switch to Aston Martin in 2023 after snubbing a new deal at Alpine in favour of a blockbuster multi-year contract to replace Sebastian Vettel at the rival midfield team owned by Lawrence Stroll.

Aston Martin reacted quickly to learning of Vettel’s decision to retire and managed to start and conclude negotiations with Alonso’s management over the Hungarian Grand Prix weekend.

That gazumped Alpine, which had expected to re-sign Alonso even though there had been complications in their discussions due to Alonso wanting a two-year deal and Alpine CEO Laurent Rossi only wanting to guarantee keeping him for 2023.

“It is the first confirmation I had,” Szafnauer told select media including The Race of the Aston Martin announcement.

“Obviously when we’re in the paddock there’s all sorts of rumours. I’d heard rumour Aston were interested. And once you hear they are interested there are probably discussions that took place.

“There were some other indications that discussions took place, like walking out of the same motorhome at the same time, all that kind of stuff, which I saw.

“But I was confident that even with the discussions – there’s nothing wrong with exploring – we were very close.

“The first confirmation I had was the press release. I did ask the question [before leaving Hungary] and was told, ‘No, no, no I haven’t signed anything’.

“So, I was a bit surprised.”

Alonso was offered a one-year contract with an option on the team’s side for second year, which Alpine intended to take up as long as Alonso maintained his current performance level.

Szafnauer said the delay sparked by Alpine’s hesitance to offer a straight two-year deal was that the team was mindful of Alonso’s age and the potential for him to decline, whereas Alonso wanted “wanted more certainty independent of performance”.

Alpine had expected this to be accepted but believes Alonso’s offer from Aston Martin – thought to be a two-plus-one – came with a higher salary and a commitment with no caveats.

Szafnauer said that he was “very confident that Fernando would continue with us” as they were “very close to finalising the agreement”.

“There were just a couple of minor points outstanding,” Szafnauer said.

“He said his lawyer would get back to us on. And I believed that to be the case.

“Before he left I confirmed with him we would be signing soon, and he said, ‘Don’t worry, I haven’t signed with anybody else, we’ll continue this in the next couple of days’.

“And then the next morning I saw the release from Aston.

“We were very, very close. We had what I thought was a fair contract on both sides and Fernando did too.

“It looks like he decided to do something else thereafter.”

The extent of Alpine’s surprise at Alonso’s decision was illustrated by the team’s slow reaction to the news on Monday.

It took more than 90 minutes for Alpine to issue a short statement on social media and there has been no news of a replacement either, indicating the team did not have an alternative to Alonso readily lined up.

Szafnauer said he had fielded calls on behalf of several interested drivers on Monday.

Reserve driver Oscar Piastri is an obvious candidate and Szafnauer said he is Alpine’s preferred choice.

Alpine: Alonso said he hadn't signed for Aston Martin - The Race (the-race.com)

不放嘴上说不是没有不满。和奥康的“完美师徒关系”到期了,下半年争取把队内比较分翻过去吧头哥。

亮了(0)
回复

And yet, I can’t get away from answering the question ‘which of the available drivers should Alpine pick to replace Alonso?’ with ‘none of them; it should still be Alonso’s seat’.

There is no way Alpine should find itself in this position and it’s been complacent at best, grossly negligent at worst, by giving its two-time champion the chance to walk away.

That constitutes a massive dropped-ball moment, just at a time where on-track it’s proved it’s turned a corner.

Piastri, Ricciardo or a shock? Our picks to replace Alonso - The Race (the-race.com)

Piastri, who won consecutive titles in Formula Renault Eurocup, Formula 3 and Formula 2, is Alpine’s “number one preferred” candidate to replace Alonso, according to Alpine team principal Otmar Szafnauer.

He also said that Alpine has a contractual option on Piastri’s future for 2023 and potentially for 2024 as well.

However, Piastri’s management is understood to have pursued alternative options for 2023 and beyond as it was clear Alpine’s preference was to re-sign Alonso.

Asked if there had been any indication from Piastri or his team that he did not want to drive for Alpine in 2023, Szafnauer replied: “Oscar and his camp are considering their options, whatever that means.”

McLaren is thought to be open to the idea of Piastri but has stressed publicly and in private that its priority is supporting Ricciardo.

He has a contract for 2023 and has stated his intention to remain there next season but he does have an option to leave the team and in Hungary signed off for the summer break with one of the most difficult races of an already disappointing season.

Alpine appears to have struggled to make progress with Piastri’s management team, which includes ex-F1 driver Mark Webber.

“His manager’s in Australia, there’s a bit of a time difference,” said Szafnauer.

“But I’ve been trying to get hold of Mark and wrote some text messages and some emails to him, as well.

“Give us a bit of time. But Oscar’s our number one preferred candidate. That’s what we’re going to do.”

Szafnauer indicated he had heard rumours of Piastri chasing a pre-arranged deal with McLaren but said he was “not privy” to what that might be, if it had even happened.

He just stressed there are contractual obligations on both sides and Alpine has been meeting its side of the deal.

“There shouldn’t be any complications,” he said.

“If everyone is true to the agreements that they signed back only a few months ago, we should be able to move forward with the agreements that we have in place.”

Piastri has completed more than 2000 miles of testing in its F1 cars, will likely to do close to 1000 miles more, and take part in FP1 sessions as well.

He has benefitted from what Alpine calls a “significant amount of investment” and that is why the team intends to get a return from that.

“It’s more than just a financial investment, it’s also an emotional one and getting him ready for what we hope is a successful Formula 1 career,” said Szafnauer.

“Not every Formula 1 team does that for an academy driver that’s come through, but we’ve chosen to do that to get him ready. And we’ve only done that with a view of having him race here. In the future.

“We wouldn’t have done that if the view was to get him prepared for one of our competitors.”

Szafnauer revealed that part of Piastri’s contract only gives Alpine the right to dictate where he drives in 2023. Effectively, Piastri has to accept that choice.

If Piastri has a realistic chance at a McLaren drive and believes it is a better long-term option for him then Alpine may face the prospect of forcing a contractual right on a driver that doesn’t want to race for the team.

Szafnauer said that whereas he would understand Piastri having a preference between McLaren and Williams if he was being placed at that team temporarily by Alpine, he “can’t understand” why Piastri would prefer to be with McLaren if offered an Alpine race seat.

“We need to now progress this,” he said. “This only happened yesterday. It’s now Tuesday, so we will sit down and then progress what our future driver lineup’s going to be.

“I would imagine the choices are different [to before].”

If Piastri does have to stand down from a desired McLaren move, Szafnauer said he does not believe there would be any issue within the team.

He likened it to when Jenson Button wanted to leave BAR for Williams for the 2005 season but was forced to stay and performed to a high level.

“I’ve been around long enough where I’ve seen this kind of thing actually play out when Jenson signed with Williams and ended up at BAR-Honda and there was absolutely no issue,” said Szafnauer, who worked for the team at the time.

“I know Oscar is different from Jenson. Hopefully we don’t have to go down that route anyway.

“Your presumption was, ‘Oh, a driver wants to go somewhere else’, hopefully, that’s not the case. But I have seen it where a driver actually signed with another team incorrectly, so had to drive for the team that he initially signed with, and it was absolutely no issue.

“Jenson at the time did a stellar job at BAR-Honda and never ended up at Williams.”

Piastri is Alpine's 2023 pick but his camp 'considering options' - The Race (the-race.com)

And yet, I can’t get away from answering the question ‘which of the available drivers should Alpine pick to replace Alonso?’ with ‘none of them; it should still be Alonso’s seat’.

There is no way Alpine should find itself in this position and it’s been complacent at best, grossly negligent at worst, by giving its two-time champion the chance to walk away.

That constitutes a massive dropped-ball moment, just at a time where on-track it’s proved it’s turned a corner.

Piastri, Ricciardo or a shock? Our picks to replace Alonso - The Race (the-race.com)

Piastri, who won consecutive titles in Formula Renault Eurocup, Formula 3 and Formula 2, is Alpine’s “number one preferred” candidate to replace Alonso, according to Alpine team principal Otmar Szafnauer.

He also said that Alpine has a contractual option on Piastri’s future for 2023 and potentially for 2024 as well.

However, Piastri’s management is understood to have pursued alternative options for 2023 and beyond as it was clear Alpine’s preference was to re-sign Alonso.

Asked if there had been any indication from Piastri or his team that he did not want to drive for Alpine in 2023, Szafnauer replied: “Oscar and his camp are considering their options, whatever that means.”

McLaren is thought to be open to the idea of Piastri but has stressed publicly and in private that its priority is supporting Ricciardo.

He has a contract for 2023 and has stated his intention to remain there next season but he does have an option to leave the team and in Hungary signed off for the summer break with one of the most difficult races of an already disappointing season.

Alpine appears to have struggled to make progress with Piastri’s management team, which includes ex-F1 driver Mark Webber.

“His manager’s in Australia, there’s a bit of a time difference,” said Szafnauer.

“But I’ve been trying to get hold of Mark and wrote some text messages and some emails to him, as well.

“Give us a bit of time. But Oscar’s our number one preferred candidate. That’s what we’re going to do.”

Szafnauer indicated he had heard rumours of Piastri chasing a pre-arranged deal with McLaren but said he was “not privy” to what that might be, if it had even happened.

He just stressed there are contractual obligations on both sides and Alpine has been meeting its side of the deal.

“There shouldn’t be any complications,” he said.

“If everyone is true to the agreements that they signed back only a few months ago, we should be able to move forward with the agreements that we have in place.”

Piastri has completed more than 2000 miles of testing in its F1 cars, will likely to do close to 1000 miles more, and take part in FP1 sessions as well.

He has benefitted from what Alpine calls a “significant amount of investment” and that is why the team intends to get a return from that.

“It’s more than just a financial investment, it’s also an emotional one and getting him ready for what we hope is a successful Formula 1 career,” said Szafnauer.

“Not every Formula 1 team does that for an academy driver that’s come through, but we’ve chosen to do that to get him ready. And we’ve only done that with a view of having him race here. In the future.

“We wouldn’t have done that if the view was to get him prepared for one of our competitors.”

Szafnauer revealed that part of Piastri’s contract only gives Alpine the right to dictate where he drives in 2023. Effectively, Piastri has to accept that choice.

If Piastri has a realistic chance at a McLaren drive and believes it is a better long-term option for him then Alpine may face the prospect of forcing a contractual right on a driver that doesn’t want to race for the team.

Szafnauer said that whereas he would understand Piastri having a preference between McLaren and Williams if he was being placed at that team temporarily by Alpine, he “can’t understand” why Piastri would prefer to be with McLaren if offered an Alpine race seat.

“We need to now progress this,” he said. “This only happened yesterday. It’s now Tuesday, so we will sit down and then progress what our future driver lineup’s going to be.

“I would imagine the choices are different [to before].”

If Piastri does have to stand down from a desired McLaren move, Szafnauer said he does not believe there would be any issue within the team.

He likened it to when Jenson Button wanted to leave BAR for Williams for the 2005 season but was forced to stay and performed to a high level.

“I’ve been around long enough where I’ve seen this kind of thing actually play out when Jenson signed with Williams and ended up at BAR-Honda and there was absolutely no issue,” said Szafnauer, who worked for the team at the time.

“I know Oscar is different from Jenson. Hopefully we don’t have to go down that route anyway.

“Your presumption was, ‘Oh, a driver wants to go somewhere else’, hopefully, that’s not the case. But I have seen it where a driver actually signed with another team incorrectly, so had to drive for the team that he initially signed with, and it was absolutely no issue.

“Jenson at the time did a stellar job at BAR-Honda and never ended up at Williams.”

Piastri is Alpine's 2023 pick but his camp 'considering options' - The Race (the-race.com)

亮了(0)
回复

雷诺的法国大头头们到现在还没说一句话,不知道是会更多地不满头哥的快刀呢还是不满Alpine的两位大聪明领导。

“Fernando is a brand.”

雷诺的法国大头头们到现在还没说一句话,不知道是会更多地不满头哥的快刀呢还是不满Alpine的两位大聪明领导。

“Fernando is a brand.”

亮了(1)
回复

Sebastian Vettel’s retirement announcement  came after Aston Martin ‘requested’ he make a decision before the summer break as the team had already been in talks with Fernando Alonso for a ‘few weeks’.

That’s according to a report from Auto Motor und Sport.

Vettel announced last Thursday that this season would be his last in Formula 1, the decision surprising many in the paddock.

It was thought that it also surprised Aston Martin as team boss Mike Krack said they did not have a “Plan B” in mind should Vettel opt not to continue.

But, according to AMuS’s Tobias Gruner, it was with that Plan B in mind that Aston Martin urged Vettel to make a quick decision.

According to the respected F1 journalist, the “negotiations between the team and the driver [Alonso] have apparently been taking place in the past few weeks”.

Keen to secure the Spaniard’s signature before Alpine, trying to sweeten their one-year offer with a future drive in Le Mans, Aston Martin pressed Vettel to make a decision before Formula 1 headed off for its summer break.

“That’s why Aston Martin recently approached Vettel with a request to make a decision about his future before the summer break,” Gruner said.

The rest, as they say, is history.

“Team owner Lawrence Stroll met with Alonso in the Aston Martin motorhome in Hungary on Saturday,” he continued, “where the new contract was apparently sealed.”

Aston Martin confirmed Alonso’s signing early Monday morning, a decision that seems to have caught Alpine unaware.

Alonso and CEO Laurent Rossi, it has been said, were at loggerheads over the duration of the extension, the Spaniard wanting two years and an option for a third whereas Rossi only wanted to give him one in order to leave the seat open for Oscar Piastri come 2024.

According to The Race’s Edd Straw, Alpine believed they were holding all the cards in their negotiations with Alonso – until they weren’t.

“But,” he said. “Vettel’s retirement reconfigured the chess board. Suddenly, Alonso had a viable alternative.

“Yes, one that potentially has an even longer timeline to victory that might not be entirely compatible with the decline that will await even as formidable a competitor as Alonso, but one that can pay well, value him as he expects in terms of his contribution and that is – or at least should be – on an odyssey to the front of F1.

“Alonso would surely have taken the longer-term Alpine deal were it offered. It’s understood that there were others in the team in senior positions who felt that was the right move.

“But Rossi held firm, either in the assumption Alonso would acquiesce or not caring if he didn’t on the basis that no driver is bigger than the team. Either of those would be intolerable to Alonso.

“This is the outcome.”

'Aston Martin pushed Vettel to decide after speaking with Fernando Alonso' (planetf1.com)

Sebastian Vettel’s retirement announcement  came after Aston Martin ‘requested’ he make a decision before the summer break as the team had already been in talks with Fernando Alonso for a ‘few weeks’.

That’s according to a report from Auto Motor und Sport.

Vettel announced last Thursday that this season would be his last in Formula 1, the decision surprising many in the paddock.

It was thought that it also surprised Aston Martin as team boss Mike Krack said they did not have a “Plan B” in mind should Vettel opt not to continue.

But, according to AMuS’s Tobias Gruner, it was with that Plan B in mind that Aston Martin urged Vettel to make a quick decision.

According to the respected F1 journalist, the “negotiations between the team and the driver [Alonso] have apparently been taking place in the past few weeks”.

Keen to secure the Spaniard’s signature before Alpine, trying to sweeten their one-year offer with a future drive in Le Mans, Aston Martin pressed Vettel to make a decision before Formula 1 headed off for its summer break.

“That’s why Aston Martin recently approached Vettel with a request to make a decision about his future before the summer break,” Gruner said.

The rest, as they say, is history.

“Team owner Lawrence Stroll met with Alonso in the Aston Martin motorhome in Hungary on Saturday,” he continued, “where the new contract was apparently sealed.”

Aston Martin confirmed Alonso’s signing early Monday morning, a decision that seems to have caught Alpine unaware.

Alonso and CEO Laurent Rossi, it has been said, were at loggerheads over the duration of the extension, the Spaniard wanting two years and an option for a third whereas Rossi only wanted to give him one in order to leave the seat open for Oscar Piastri come 2024.

According to The Race’s Edd Straw, Alpine believed they were holding all the cards in their negotiations with Alonso – until they weren’t.

“But,” he said. “Vettel’s retirement reconfigured the chess board. Suddenly, Alonso had a viable alternative.

“Yes, one that potentially has an even longer timeline to victory that might not be entirely compatible with the decline that will await even as formidable a competitor as Alonso, but one that can pay well, value him as he expects in terms of his contribution and that is – or at least should be – on an odyssey to the front of F1.

“Alonso would surely have taken the longer-term Alpine deal were it offered. It’s understood that there were others in the team in senior positions who felt that was the right move.

“But Rossi held firm, either in the assumption Alonso would acquiesce or not caring if he didn’t on the basis that no driver is bigger than the team. Either of those would be intolerable to Alonso.

“This is the outcome.”

'Aston Martin pushed Vettel to decide after speaking with Fernando Alonso' (planetf1.com)

亮了(0)
回复

Mick Schumacher is the “one loser” in this past week’s double move in Formula 1’s driver market, that’s according to Auto Motor und Sport.

Last Thursday Sebastian Vettel announced that this season would be his last in Formula 1, the German citing a desire to spend more time with his family as his reason for quitting.

Immediately there were speculation as to who would take his seat, the four-time World Champion putting forward Schumacher’s name to team owner Lawrence Stroll.

He also broadcast his pick to F1’s media.

“I do have my opinion,” he said. “I think very highly of Mick. I’m not entirely objective because I’m very close to him. But I do think he’s a great driver and is a learner.

“He keeps learning when others stall or stop making progress. He does have qualities but he’s also very young still, he doesn’t have a lot of experience.”

But while Vettel was talking up Schumacher, Aston Martin were already in talks with Fernando Alonso and announced early Monday morning that the Spaniard would replace Vettel next season having signed a multi-year deal.

Auto Motor und Sport is worried about what comes next for Schumacher.

“One loser of the Alonso deal is called Mick Schumacher,” wrote Tobi Gruner.

“The German had already had hopes for the cockpit at Aston Martin. Vettel himself brought his buddy into play as a suitable successor.

“If Haas doesn’t want to continue with the Ferrari junior at the end of the season, Schumi doesn’t have many options left.”

Schumacher is not in line to take Alonso’s Alpine seat with that expected to go to reserve driver Oscar Piastri.

Edd Straw at The Race also worries about what lies ahead for Schumacher come 2023, it is either Haas or bust.

“Schumacher’s only realistic route out of Haas is closed off,” he said. “And that might be fine, because he is doing well there and the team doesn’t have any ready-made alternatives.

“But it hasn’t been an entirely harmonious season and there were rumours that Schumacher was keen to get out. Now there’s no obvious way to do so for 2023.”

Mick Schumacher the 'loser' in Alonso to Aston Martin deal (planetf1.com)

以俺们对头哥脾性的揣测,占住四罐挑明了给舒马赫留的席位也是签约动力之一。回敬2014嘛。

Mick Schumacher is the “one loser” in this past week’s double move in Formula 1’s driver market, that’s according to Auto Motor und Sport.

Last Thursday Sebastian Vettel announced that this season would be his last in Formula 1, the German citing a desire to spend more time with his family as his reason for quitting.

Immediately there were speculation as to who would take his seat, the four-time World Champion putting forward Schumacher’s name to team owner Lawrence Stroll.

He also broadcast his pick to F1’s media.

“I do have my opinion,” he said. “I think very highly of Mick. I’m not entirely objective because I’m very close to him. But I do think he’s a great driver and is a learner.

“He keeps learning when others stall or stop making progress. He does have qualities but he’s also very young still, he doesn’t have a lot of experience.”

But while Vettel was talking up Schumacher, Aston Martin were already in talks with Fernando Alonso and announced early Monday morning that the Spaniard would replace Vettel next season having signed a multi-year deal.

Auto Motor und Sport is worried about what comes next for Schumacher.

“One loser of the Alonso deal is called Mick Schumacher,” wrote Tobi Gruner.

“The German had already had hopes for the cockpit at Aston Martin. Vettel himself brought his buddy into play as a suitable successor.

“If Haas doesn’t want to continue with the Ferrari junior at the end of the season, Schumi doesn’t have many options left.”

Schumacher is not in line to take Alonso’s Alpine seat with that expected to go to reserve driver Oscar Piastri.

Edd Straw at The Race also worries about what lies ahead for Schumacher come 2023, it is either Haas or bust.

“Schumacher’s only realistic route out of Haas is closed off,” he said. “And that might be fine, because he is doing well there and the team doesn’t have any ready-made alternatives.

“But it hasn’t been an entirely harmonious season and there were rumours that Schumacher was keen to get out. Now there’s no obvious way to do so for 2023.”

Mick Schumacher the 'loser' in Alonso to Aston Martin deal (planetf1.com)

以俺们对头哥脾性的揣测,占住四罐挑明了给舒马赫留的席位也是签约动力之一。回敬2014嘛。

亮了(0)
回复
Re:重拾的F1雄心——头哥的2021-22赛季
虎扑游戏中心
阿隆索最热帖
重拾的F1雄心——头哥的2021-22赛季
两次失而复得领奖台
【Amus阀哥版】阿隆索VS古铁雷斯   走近科学:揭秘恐怖事故 瞬间
这实在是太让人沮丧了
新赛季的战车颜值还凑合,但是真心不稳定呀
【暂放】国乒