重拾的F1雄心——头哥的2021-22赛季 1579回复/ 4624469 浏览

全部回帖

收起

2021-03-25

However he admitted there are “no guarantees” of success on his return.

“I think you just have your own confidence trying to deliver what the team expects from you. There are no guarantees that I will be as in 2018. But I hope so.

“When I decided to be back I was trying to focus into the preparation, not only physically, but also technically, being with the team last year or the second part of the season and trying to be up to speed in the F1 language per se. Which is a little bit more technical than some other categories.”

Alonso is approaching his comeback with the aim without “a clear target or a clear time set on things”, and says age doesn’t come into his commitment.

“I’m so far enjoying and I know that the repeated question is my age, on my comeback, but I’m a little bit surprised because I’m not that old,” he said.

“The world champion and the guy dominating the sport is 36. It’s not that I’m 20 years older or something, to have the repeat question every time.”

He is already signed for the 2022 F1 season, where he is optimistic about what Alpine can deliver.

“The target in terms of results, what I want to do is, is testing myself and try to help the team in this important moment of this transition from Renault to Alpine and the great future that I think this team has for the next coming years and the new set of regulations.”

https://www.racefans.net/2021/03/25/age-no-concern-for-alonso-on-return-to-f1-im-not-that-old/

2021-03-25

However he admitted there are “no guarantees” of success on his return.

“I think you just have your own confidence trying to deliver what the team expects from you. There are no guarantees that I will be as in 2018. But I hope so.

“When I decided to be back I was trying to focus into the preparation, not only physically, but also technically, being with the team last year or the second part of the season and trying to be up to speed in the F1 language per se. Which is a little bit more technical than some other categories.”

Alonso is approaching his comeback with the aim without “a clear target or a clear time set on things”, and says age doesn’t come into his commitment.

“I’m so far enjoying and I know that the repeated question is my age, on my comeback, but I’m a little bit surprised because I’m not that old,” he said.

“The world champion and the guy dominating the sport is 36. It’s not that I’m 20 years older or something, to have the repeat question every time.”

He is already signed for the 2022 F1 season, where he is optimistic about what Alpine can deliver.

“The target in terms of results, what I want to do is, is testing myself and try to help the team in this important moment of this transition from Renault to Alpine and the great future that I think this team has for the next coming years and the new set of regulations.”

https://www.racefans.net/2021/03/25/age-no-concern-for-alonso-on-return-to-f1-im-not-that-old/

亮了(0)
回复

2021-03-25

Of course, the two oldest drivers on the current grid were the youngsters trying to end Michael Schumacher and Ferrari's dominance in the early 2000s, with the pair winning the three world championships after the German from 2005-07.

Now, nine years after his father retired for the second time, it is Mick who is the fresh-faced kid with Alonso and Raikkonen the grizzled veterans.

“I guess it’s kind of funny to think about it, that they’ve raced two generations,” said Schumacher on Thursday.

“It shows they’ve been in the sport for a while and they’ve been obviously successful, therefore they’re here.

https://www.insideracing.com/formula-1/14174-mick-kind-of-funny-alonso-raikkonen-will-race-two-generations-of-schumacher

2021-03-25

Of course, the two oldest drivers on the current grid were the youngsters trying to end Michael Schumacher and Ferrari's dominance in the early 2000s, with the pair winning the three world championships after the German from 2005-07.

Now, nine years after his father retired for the second time, it is Mick who is the fresh-faced kid with Alonso and Raikkonen the grizzled veterans.

“I guess it’s kind of funny to think about it, that they’ve raced two generations,” said Schumacher on Thursday.

“It shows they’ve been in the sport for a while and they’ve been obviously successful, therefore they’re here.

https://www.insideracing.com/formula-1/14174-mick-kind-of-funny-alonso-raikkonen-will-race-two-generations-of-schumacher

亮了(0)
回复

2021-03-25

Yet now he's back but still faces the same situation at Alpine, so what would make this stint in F1 a success?

“I don’t have a clear target on what I want to achieve in this comeback. A target in terms of results," he told MotorsportWeek during Thursday's press conference in Bahrain.

“What I want to do is test myself and try to help the team in this important moment of this transition from Renault to Alpine and towards the great future I think this team has in the next coming years and for the new set of regulations.

“I’m here to help the team with the experience and the knowledge that I have accumulated over the years and try to build momentum into the team that can carry on from 2022 and into the future.

“We all love to win, but there is only one that can do that every Sunday and at the end of the year only one can become champion, so that’s a very difficult target to set," he added.

“I will be happy and I will consider it a success if we grew up together – the team and myself – in the next coming years and we are a contender sooner than later.”

In a follow-up, Alonso was asked if his role in helping Alpine made him more of a "player/manager" or solely "a driver", with the latter being his instant response.

https://www.insideracing.com/formula-1/14171-alonso-focused-on-helping-alpine-not-results-surprised-by-age-questions

2021-03-25

Yet now he's back but still faces the same situation at Alpine, so what would make this stint in F1 a success?

“I don’t have a clear target on what I want to achieve in this comeback. A target in terms of results," he told MotorsportWeek during Thursday's press conference in Bahrain.

“What I want to do is test myself and try to help the team in this important moment of this transition from Renault to Alpine and towards the great future I think this team has in the next coming years and for the new set of regulations.

“I’m here to help the team with the experience and the knowledge that I have accumulated over the years and try to build momentum into the team that can carry on from 2022 and into the future.

“We all love to win, but there is only one that can do that every Sunday and at the end of the year only one can become champion, so that’s a very difficult target to set," he added.

“I will be happy and I will consider it a success if we grew up together – the team and myself – in the next coming years and we are a contender sooner than later.”

In a follow-up, Alonso was asked if his role in helping Alpine made him more of a "player/manager" or solely "a driver", with the latter being his instant response.

https://www.insideracing.com/formula-1/14171-alonso-focused-on-helping-alpine-not-results-surprised-by-age-questions

亮了(0)
回复

2021-03-25

While much of the regulations remained stable, the floor and diffuser were altered for this season, amid fears the ever-increasing cornering speeds could put excessive loads on the Pirelli tyres.

Initially aiming for a 10% downforce cut, already, based on testing, some data suggests teams have recovered and potentially even increased the downforce their cars generate for 2021.

But Alpine admits adapting to the changes hasn't been as easy for them.

“We, like every team, lost a chunk compared to last year due to the changes on the back of the car,” racing director Marcin Budkowski told RacingNews365.com.

“Everyone’s been quite busy recovering it and we can’t tell yet where we’ve ended up exactly, but everyone looks at recovering all of it, or most of it.

“We lost over a second a lap to start with and then obviously recovering and recovering and recovering.

“It’s a challenging area because when you touch an area like the rear corner, you get into correlation issues, usually between the CFD, the tunnel and the track.

“I don’t think it was intentional from the FIA to pose that extra challenge, I think it was a slightly unintended effect but it’s proved trickier than certainly, we expected initially.

“It’s not just a piece of flow missing, it’s actually quite a headache as well on top of it. Makes it interesting, I guess!”

At pre-season testing, floor designs were in focus, while McLaren's diffuser also generated a lot of attention.

Alpine though does seem to be a little behind their rivals at this point.

“There are different solutions to one problem, as is often the case when new rules are introduced,” Budkowski added.

“We tested some things in Bahrain and saw good results. We understand the car better and we are going in the right direction.”

With development time being limited for this year, it is expected most teams will predominantly focus on the all-new regulations coming for 2022.

But the Alpine chief does see some benefit from continuing to work on the new floor.

“It’s still a green area, if you want, in terms of development so it’s good bang for your buck,” he said.

“[With the 2021 regulations] with a few runs of CFD and a few runs in a tunnel, you can find some performance.

“Whether you still want to develop all the areas like the front wing or the barge boards that have been developed for years with stable regulations, that will start being poor bang for your buck compared to doing 2022 research, which is still very green and has a very steep development curve.”

https://www.insideracing.com/formula-1/14170-alpine-initially-lost-over-1s-of-performance-due-to-tricky-2021-changes

2021-03-25

While much of the regulations remained stable, the floor and diffuser were altered for this season, amid fears the ever-increasing cornering speeds could put excessive loads on the Pirelli tyres.

Initially aiming for a 10% downforce cut, already, based on testing, some data suggests teams have recovered and potentially even increased the downforce their cars generate for 2021.

But Alpine admits adapting to the changes hasn't been as easy for them.

“We, like every team, lost a chunk compared to last year due to the changes on the back of the car,” racing director Marcin Budkowski told RacingNews365.com.

“Everyone’s been quite busy recovering it and we can’t tell yet where we’ve ended up exactly, but everyone looks at recovering all of it, or most of it.

“We lost over a second a lap to start with and then obviously recovering and recovering and recovering.

“It’s a challenging area because when you touch an area like the rear corner, you get into correlation issues, usually between the CFD, the tunnel and the track.

“I don’t think it was intentional from the FIA to pose that extra challenge, I think it was a slightly unintended effect but it’s proved trickier than certainly, we expected initially.

“It’s not just a piece of flow missing, it’s actually quite a headache as well on top of it. Makes it interesting, I guess!”

At pre-season testing, floor designs were in focus, while McLaren's diffuser also generated a lot of attention.

Alpine though does seem to be a little behind their rivals at this point.

“There are different solutions to one problem, as is often the case when new rules are introduced,” Budkowski added.

“We tested some things in Bahrain and saw good results. We understand the car better and we are going in the right direction.”

With development time being limited for this year, it is expected most teams will predominantly focus on the all-new regulations coming for 2022.

But the Alpine chief does see some benefit from continuing to work on the new floor.

“It’s still a green area, if you want, in terms of development so it’s good bang for your buck,” he said.

“[With the 2021 regulations] with a few runs of CFD and a few runs in a tunnel, you can find some performance.

“Whether you still want to develop all the areas like the front wing or the barge boards that have been developed for years with stable regulations, that will start being poor bang for your buck compared to doing 2022 research, which is still very green and has a very steep development curve.”

https://www.insideracing.com/formula-1/14170-alpine-initially-lost-over-1s-of-performance-due-to-tricky-2021-changes

亮了(0)
回复

2021-03-25

HOW GOOD WAS ALONSO WHEN HE LEFT F1 AND CAN HE RECAPTURE IT?

By Matt Beer and Edd Straw

Fernando Alonso says he can’t offer any guarantees that he is returning to Formula 1 as competitive as he was when he was last on the grid in 2018.

The Alpine signing remained active in motorsport while outside F1 – winning the Le Mans 24 Hours and World Endurance Championship, contesting the Dakar Rally and Indianapolis 500, and also testing with McLaren.

He also had a number of tests in older Renault F1 machinery after sealing his deal to return to F1 as well as running driving the 2020 car in last December’s ‘young driver’ test.

The 39-year-old feels he has done his utmost to ensure his two seasons out of F1 are not costly.

“You just have your own confidence, trying to deliver what the team expects from you,” said Alonso.

“But there are no guarantees that I will be as in 2018.

“But I hope so. When I decided to be back, I was trying to focus on the preparation, not only physically but also technically being with the team last year in the second part of the season, and trying to be up to speed in the F1 language, let’s say, where it’s a little bit more technical than some other categories.”

HOW GOOD WAS 2018-SPEC ALONSO?

– Edd Straw

On paper, Fernando Alonso’s 2018 Formula 1 season was a modest one. He finished 11th in the championship with just 50 points and a best result of sixth. For a driver used to winning races and championships, you might assume that to be an off year.

But the on-track reality was completely different. This was the year of McLaren’s rude awakening when the panacea of switching from Honda to Renault revealed just how far behind it was in terms of the chassis. The McLaren MCL33 was a poor car with a fundamental rear-end instability problem that was, on average, only the ninth-fastest of the 10 cars competing.

Alpine would be delighted to have Alonso producing at a similar level in 2021 – hopefully in a stronger car

Alonso obliterated Stoffel Vandoorne, outqualifying him on all 21 weekends. It wasn’t that Vandoorne, a driver of genuine ability, was a disaster, merely that he was constrained by the limitations of the car that Alonso could hustle his way round to mitigate.

While Alonso pitched it into the corner, using all of his car control to keep the rear under control and the nose pointing in the right direction despite the need for corrections, Vandoorne simply couldn’t. Alonso was at his livewire best, doing things that most drivers could not pull off and a lot wouldn’t even dare try.

Alonso’s first half of the year was particularly strong, notably finishing seventh at Baku in a car heavily damaged on the first lap. That was the highlight of a season in which he usually defied the odds.

The only real criticism is that, as the season went on, he appeared to become a little less interested and occasionally his frustrations overflowed on track. But by then he was heading away from F1 and already had his Toyota sportscar programme up and running – and the magic was still there most of the time.

Alpine would be delighted to have Alonso producing at a similar level in 2021 – hopefully in a stronger car. And given he’s stayed sharp and competitive elsewhere, there’s no reason why Alonso can’t do that.

Alonso admitted he was “not 100% yet” when asked about his own form, though he said that was a similar case to any driver changing teams – and even just adapting to a new season’s car and rules – rather than specific to his absence from F1.

“You will feel always more comfortable after five or six races,” he said.

“For me it’s no different. I’m happy where we are now but I think in a couple of races I will feel more comfortable, even in the cockpit, the seat, we’re still making small modifications like pedal position, there are things that we need to keep adjusting.”

He said he had no deadline by which he wanted to win in F1 again. His last victory came with Ferrari at the 2013 Spanish Grand Prix.

“Formula 1, or the sport in general, is not exactly mathematics where you can plan things ahead,” said Alonso, whose Alpine deal is for two years.

“You’re just trying to make it as fun as possible and your journey as enjoyable as possible at the same time that you are working hard to deliver the results and to get those dreams that you have in your head.

“It’s no different to me, trying to make this comeback a good shot on trying to win races or trying to be as competitive as possible, but not with a clear target or clear time set.

“But so far I’m enjoying it.

“I know that the repeated question is my age and my comeback but I’m a little bit surprised because I’m not that old.

“The world champion and the guy dominating the sport is 36. It’s not that I’m 20 years older or something to [need to] have the repeated question every time.

“I don’t have a clear target on what I want to achieve in this comeback. a target in terms of results.

“What I want to do is test myself and try to help the team in this important moment of this transition from Renault to Alpine, and the great future that I think this team has for the coming years and the new set of regulations.

“I’m here to help the team with experience, with the knowledge that I may accumulate in the years. And try to build a momentum into the team that carries on from 2022 and the future.

“We all love to win, but there is only one that can do that every Sunday and at the end of the year, only one becomes champion.

“That’s a very difficult target to set.

“I will be happy and I will consider it a success if we grow up together, the team and myself, in the coming years and we are contenders sooner than later.”

https://the-race.com/formula-1/how-good-was-alonso-when-he-left-f1-and-can-he-recapture-it/

2021-03-25

HOW GOOD WAS ALONSO WHEN HE LEFT F1 AND CAN HE RECAPTURE IT?

By Matt Beer and Edd Straw

Fernando Alonso says he can’t offer any guarantees that he is returning to Formula 1 as competitive as he was when he was last on the grid in 2018.

The Alpine signing remained active in motorsport while outside F1 – winning the Le Mans 24 Hours and World Endurance Championship, contesting the Dakar Rally and Indianapolis 500, and also testing with McLaren.

He also had a number of tests in older Renault F1 machinery after sealing his deal to return to F1 as well as running driving the 2020 car in last December’s ‘young driver’ test.

The 39-year-old feels he has done his utmost to ensure his two seasons out of F1 are not costly.

“You just have your own confidence, trying to deliver what the team expects from you,” said Alonso.

“But there are no guarantees that I will be as in 2018.

“But I hope so. When I decided to be back, I was trying to focus on the preparation, not only physically but also technically being with the team last year in the second part of the season, and trying to be up to speed in the F1 language, let’s say, where it’s a little bit more technical than some other categories.”

HOW GOOD WAS 2018-SPEC ALONSO?

– Edd Straw

On paper, Fernando Alonso’s 2018 Formula 1 season was a modest one. He finished 11th in the championship with just 50 points and a best result of sixth. For a driver used to winning races and championships, you might assume that to be an off year.

But the on-track reality was completely different. This was the year of McLaren’s rude awakening when the panacea of switching from Honda to Renault revealed just how far behind it was in terms of the chassis. The McLaren MCL33 was a poor car with a fundamental rear-end instability problem that was, on average, only the ninth-fastest of the 10 cars competing.

Alpine would be delighted to have Alonso producing at a similar level in 2021 – hopefully in a stronger car

Alonso obliterated Stoffel Vandoorne, outqualifying him on all 21 weekends. It wasn’t that Vandoorne, a driver of genuine ability, was a disaster, merely that he was constrained by the limitations of the car that Alonso could hustle his way round to mitigate.

While Alonso pitched it into the corner, using all of his car control to keep the rear under control and the nose pointing in the right direction despite the need for corrections, Vandoorne simply couldn’t. Alonso was at his livewire best, doing things that most drivers could not pull off and a lot wouldn’t even dare try.

Alonso’s first half of the year was particularly strong, notably finishing seventh at Baku in a car heavily damaged on the first lap. That was the highlight of a season in which he usually defied the odds.

The only real criticism is that, as the season went on, he appeared to become a little less interested and occasionally his frustrations overflowed on track. But by then he was heading away from F1 and already had his Toyota sportscar programme up and running – and the magic was still there most of the time.

Alpine would be delighted to have Alonso producing at a similar level in 2021 – hopefully in a stronger car. And given he’s stayed sharp and competitive elsewhere, there’s no reason why Alonso can’t do that.

Alonso admitted he was “not 100% yet” when asked about his own form, though he said that was a similar case to any driver changing teams – and even just adapting to a new season’s car and rules – rather than specific to his absence from F1.

“You will feel always more comfortable after five or six races,” he said.

“For me it’s no different. I’m happy where we are now but I think in a couple of races I will feel more comfortable, even in the cockpit, the seat, we’re still making small modifications like pedal position, there are things that we need to keep adjusting.”

He said he had no deadline by which he wanted to win in F1 again. His last victory came with Ferrari at the 2013 Spanish Grand Prix.

“Formula 1, or the sport in general, is not exactly mathematics where you can plan things ahead,” said Alonso, whose Alpine deal is for two years.

“You’re just trying to make it as fun as possible and your journey as enjoyable as possible at the same time that you are working hard to deliver the results and to get those dreams that you have in your head.

“It’s no different to me, trying to make this comeback a good shot on trying to win races or trying to be as competitive as possible, but not with a clear target or clear time set.

“But so far I’m enjoying it.

“I know that the repeated question is my age and my comeback but I’m a little bit surprised because I’m not that old.

“The world champion and the guy dominating the sport is 36. It’s not that I’m 20 years older or something to [need to] have the repeated question every time.

“I don’t have a clear target on what I want to achieve in this comeback. a target in terms of results.

“What I want to do is test myself and try to help the team in this important moment of this transition from Renault to Alpine, and the great future that I think this team has for the coming years and the new set of regulations.

“I’m here to help the team with experience, with the knowledge that I may accumulate in the years. And try to build a momentum into the team that carries on from 2022 and the future.

“We all love to win, but there is only one that can do that every Sunday and at the end of the year, only one becomes champion.

“That’s a very difficult target to set.

“I will be happy and I will consider it a success if we grow up together, the team and myself, in the coming years and we are contenders sooner than later.”

https://the-race.com/formula-1/how-good-was-alonso-when-he-left-f1-and-can-he-recapture-it/

亮了(0)
回复

补档

2020-04-23

“I would say the most complete [driver] is Alonso... probably the most talented is Hamilton but the best overall, in my eye, was Alonso. 

“[Alonso] is, for me, definitely the guy I would like to see most back in Formula 1. When he stopped, when he quit [F1, in 2018], I thought then I would like to see him race again because he is, for sure, one of the best.”

“He was world champion, but he would have deserved to be world champion more times.” 

“It was fantastic to watch him, and as extreme as he was sometimes out of the car, some stories you hear, what he did in the team and how he played certain things, which in the end probably were also not always to his own benefit. 

“I did love to race against him. He was probably the driver I enjoyed most racing against on the circuit because he was always fair – well, not always! Most of the time… ” he added, laughing. 

It was at the 2010 Monaco Grand Prix when Heidfeld got a close-up view of Hamilton and Alonso doing what they did best, using every millimetre of the calendar’s most revered street circuit between the looming barriers. 

“There was one year I didn’t race, I watched at Monaco [in 2010], I was lucky enough to get close to the circuit – even closer than you would normally get as a spectator which is already fantastic – and those two drivers to me stood out just visually, coming through the corners, [with] the car control they showed. 

“And Hamilton was even more extreme with how much risk he took and how close he went to the barriers and to the walls, but he was far more inconsistent than Alonso,” explained Heidfeld. 

"[But] I think this has changed," he added. "I think Hamilton has become more consistent and he is not going quite as aggressive and dangerously anymore, if you look at Monaco [as an example].” 

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.alonso-vs-hamilton-nick-heidfeld-names-the-most-complete-driver-he-raced-in.5qaNtsIAIKQcZmQazt1DYg.html

补档

2020-04-23

“I would say the most complete [driver] is Alonso... probably the most talented is Hamilton but the best overall, in my eye, was Alonso. 

“[Alonso] is, for me, definitely the guy I would like to see most back in Formula 1. When he stopped, when he quit [F1, in 2018], I thought then I would like to see him race again because he is, for sure, one of the best.”

“He was world champion, but he would have deserved to be world champion more times.” 

“It was fantastic to watch him, and as extreme as he was sometimes out of the car, some stories you hear, what he did in the team and how he played certain things, which in the end probably were also not always to his own benefit. 

“I did love to race against him. He was probably the driver I enjoyed most racing against on the circuit because he was always fair – well, not always! Most of the time… ” he added, laughing. 

It was at the 2010 Monaco Grand Prix when Heidfeld got a close-up view of Hamilton and Alonso doing what they did best, using every millimetre of the calendar’s most revered street circuit between the looming barriers. 

“There was one year I didn’t race, I watched at Monaco [in 2010], I was lucky enough to get close to the circuit – even closer than you would normally get as a spectator which is already fantastic – and those two drivers to me stood out just visually, coming through the corners, [with] the car control they showed. 

“And Hamilton was even more extreme with how much risk he took and how close he went to the barriers and to the walls, but he was far more inconsistent than Alonso,” explained Heidfeld. 

"[But] I think this has changed," he added. "I think Hamilton has become more consistent and he is not going quite as aggressive and dangerously anymore, if you look at Monaco [as an example].” 

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.alonso-vs-hamilton-nick-heidfeld-names-the-most-complete-driver-he-raced-in.5qaNtsIAIKQcZmQazt1DYg.html

亮了(0)
回复

补档

Which version of Alonso will Renault get this time? 

Mark Hughes

... Remarkably, he remained stunningly committed throughout three seasons[at McLaren] of struggle with the project. Relentless, smart, committed. This was the driver we all remembered from his Minardi rookie season – and the years and all those uncompetitive miles could make no dent upon his level of effort and focus in the car, even if his public frankness was too fruity for Honda’s taste. 

So which Alonso will Renault get third time around? He will turn 40 part-way through next season, and perhaps he’d have preferred the comeback to have coincided with the introduction of the all-new formula, as originally planned, so everyone was starting from scratch, not him. But he’s coming back enormously motivated. This is no holding formation, but a final bid to put the stamp of his greatness beyond question. He knows where he stacks up and it seems to burn him that there is even any question about it. My gut instinct is, he will find a way. 

全文: https://the-race.com/formula-1/which-version-of-alonso-will-renault-get-this-time/

补档

Which version of Alonso will Renault get this time? 

Mark Hughes

... Remarkably, he remained stunningly committed throughout three seasons[at McLaren] of struggle with the project. Relentless, smart, committed. This was the driver we all remembered from his Minardi rookie season – and the years and all those uncompetitive miles could make no dent upon his level of effort and focus in the car, even if his public frankness was too fruity for Honda’s taste. 

So which Alonso will Renault get third time around? He will turn 40 part-way through next season, and perhaps he’d have preferred the comeback to have coincided with the introduction of the all-new formula, as originally planned, so everyone was starting from scratch, not him. But he’s coming back enormously motivated. This is no holding formation, but a final bid to put the stamp of his greatness beyond question. He knows where he stacks up and it seems to burn him that there is even any question about it. My gut instinct is, he will find a way. 

全文: https://the-race.com/formula-1/which-version-of-alonso-will-renault-get-this-time/

亮了(0)
回复

补档

Prost admits Renault also considered Valtteri Bottas. 

“There were the three great champions (under consideration): Fernando Alonso, Sebastian Vettel and Valtteri Bottas,” the F1 legend told RMC Sport. 

“It was a little less obvious for Sebastian in the sense that his motivation was not very clear,” he said. “It was also difficult for Valtteri in that he has the best car. We wanted someone who is not a replacement option, but someone who is fully motivated for the project.” 

Prost also admits that Renault’s marketing arm is happy with the team’s former two-time champion Alonso as the eventual choice. “Making a choice only for marketing would be a mistake,” he said, “but all the manufacturers in F1 want to reduce costs. “It is normal that there is a marketing aspect, but that is not the main reason.” 

Indeed, Alonso is one of the greatest ever drivers in Formula 1 – but many wonder whether his notoriously difficult character will re-emerge at Renault. 

“This is a subject that I raised with him,” Prost admits. “Frankly, this is the risky side, but he talks about it openly.“He says that he has changed a lot and that his sabbatical years have matured him. In a way, he knows that he has no right to disappoint on this level.” 

https://grandpx.news/alonso-signing-not-just-marketing-prost/

lain Prost was 36 and a three-time champion when he endured his miserable final season at Ferrari in 1991, a first winless campaign since his rookie year at McLaren in ’80. The year before he’d been a filthy Ayrton Senna professional foul away from a fourth title, but now found himself fighting for scraps as Nigel Mansell grazed the heavens in Williams FW14B. The ‘Ferrari like a truck’ comments – he couldn’t help himself. https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/articles/single-seaters/f1/aston-martin-the-only-choice-if-vettel-still-wants-to-win 

补档

Prost admits Renault also considered Valtteri Bottas. 

“There were the three great champions (under consideration): Fernando Alonso, Sebastian Vettel and Valtteri Bottas,” the F1 legend told RMC Sport. 

“It was a little less obvious for Sebastian in the sense that his motivation was not very clear,” he said. “It was also difficult for Valtteri in that he has the best car. We wanted someone who is not a replacement option, but someone who is fully motivated for the project.” 

Prost also admits that Renault’s marketing arm is happy with the team’s former two-time champion Alonso as the eventual choice. “Making a choice only for marketing would be a mistake,” he said, “but all the manufacturers in F1 want to reduce costs. “It is normal that there is a marketing aspect, but that is not the main reason.” 

Indeed, Alonso is one of the greatest ever drivers in Formula 1 – but many wonder whether his notoriously difficult character will re-emerge at Renault. 

“This is a subject that I raised with him,” Prost admits. “Frankly, this is the risky side, but he talks about it openly.“He says that he has changed a lot and that his sabbatical years have matured him. In a way, he knows that he has no right to disappoint on this level.” 

https://grandpx.news/alonso-signing-not-just-marketing-prost/

lain Prost was 36 and a three-time champion when he endured his miserable final season at Ferrari in 1991, a first winless campaign since his rookie year at McLaren in ’80. The year before he’d been a filthy Ayrton Senna professional foul away from a fourth title, but now found himself fighting for scraps as Nigel Mansell grazed the heavens in Williams FW14B. The ‘Ferrari like a truck’ comments – he couldn’t help himself. https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/articles/single-seaters/f1/aston-martin-the-only-choice-if-vettel-still-wants-to-win 

亮了(0)
回复

太专注在只给头哥一个人整红黑小本本了,

以前看完其他人的尬新闻都是笑完就清缓过去了,现在越发觉得留个反向《人杈报告》底稿也是有必要的,成天被要求”驳谣要自证清白“好像灯塔们还真就是灯塔了,离谱了。

太专注在只给头哥一个人整红黑小本本了,

以前看完其他人的尬新闻都是笑完就清缓过去了,现在越发觉得留个反向《人杈报告》底稿也是有必要的,成天被要求”驳谣要自证清白“好像灯塔们还真就是灯塔了,离谱了。

亮了(0)
回复

2021-03-26

And on his first Friday back on the job the Spaniard was able to sign off for the day in P15, but less than a second down on the P1 time.

“It felt amazing to be back,” he told reporters in the paddock after FP2.

“You feel different from testing, racing is racing and today I had that feeling. I enjoyed so much the two sessions and I’m still working with the team to fine-tune the setup.

“It’s different conditions to testing, but as I said I really enjoyed every lap.”

Asked if there was more pace to come from the A521, Alonso replied: “I think we have something in the pocket to be honest because the balance is different to the test, so we are working around the setup to fine-tune the balance.

“I think we have good ideas for tomorrow, so I’m confident that we can do a good job tomorrow.”

https://www.planetf1.com/news/fernando-alonso-holding-performance/

2021-03-26

And on his first Friday back on the job the Spaniard was able to sign off for the day in P15, but less than a second down on the P1 time.

“It felt amazing to be back,” he told reporters in the paddock after FP2.

“You feel different from testing, racing is racing and today I had that feeling. I enjoyed so much the two sessions and I’m still working with the team to fine-tune the setup.

“It’s different conditions to testing, but as I said I really enjoyed every lap.”

Asked if there was more pace to come from the A521, Alonso replied: “I think we have something in the pocket to be honest because the balance is different to the test, so we are working around the setup to fine-tune the balance.

“I think we have good ideas for tomorrow, so I’m confident that we can do a good job tomorrow.”

https://www.planetf1.com/news/fernando-alonso-holding-performance/

亮了(0)
回复

Here's Fernando Alonso on his return to Formula One

Ferrari regrets, his age, his reputation... Alonso bares all

Jason Barlow26 Mar 2021

Fernando Alonso’s phone rings halfway through the interview and he holds it up to the screen: it’s his long-time manager and inveterate wheeler-dealer Flavio Briatore. It feels like a spicy blast from a motorsport past, but Alonso’s comeback to Formula One provides one of the juicier narratives ahead of the new season. The boys are back in town.

TG.com first met the Spanish double F1 world champion 19 years ago, when he was Renault’s test driver during the 2002 season. At the car’s launch in Paris, journalists were shuttled between rooms to talk to the drivers, and the unknown quantity that was Fernando Alonso wasn’t exactly besieged. He wouldn’t remain under the radar for long. Those driver’s titles would come consecutively in 2005 and ’06, there was that notorious year at McLaren against a rookie Lewis Hamilton in 2007, a difficult two-year stint at Renault, five seasons with Ferrari during which the team narrowly missed out on championship glory on three occasions, and four frustrating seasons back at McLaren (during which he famously got acquainted with a deck chair). His 32 race win tally could have been higher; Alonso probably should have five championship titles to his name. His sublime talent, some wondered, was let down by sub-optimal decision making.

Now here he is again, partnering with young charger Esteban Ocon in the Alpine F1 team. Alonso is commanding a Teams call from Bahrain with selected worldwide media. This isn’t a one-on-one, then, although from past experience I can confirm that Alonso alternates between amused, amusing and a little spikey. Even then there’s usually a mischievous glint in this eye.

So it proves today, as he answers a few obvious enquiries with humility, shows flashes of steel when his reputation as a tricky customer is broached, and deals with the inevitable age-related question good-naturedly. This looks and sounds like a more mellow Fernando Alonso, though he’s clearly still a driver guaranteed to make his presence felt: no-one has sharper or strategically well-placed elbows than Alonso. And when BBC Sport asked him yesterday whether he was as good as the new generation of talent, he replied simply, ‘no, I am better’.

Hamilton and Mercedes, he says, remain favourites to win, despite a shaky start to their campaign during the pre-season test. Red Bull look fast, too. Beyond that, who knows?

Alpine’s racing director, Davide Brivio, is coming from Moto GP. How do you feel about that?

I’m very happy to have Davide on board. I think it’s very interesting to have his point of view on many things. Normally, Formula One is a very closed environment where you are repeating the same thing for years. It’s good to have this fresh approach from him and his leadership and his knowledge. So yeah, I’m ready to learn from him in this first race and also to help him because I’m sure he will get surprised by some of the things that happen in Formula One.

Do you regret leaving Ferrari when you did?

No. I never regret any decision of my career. I know that if you have a crystal ball, maybe you take different decisions at different times. But in that moment, I felt that it was the right decision to do. When you feel something you do it. And yeah, I think now with without pain is the same thing. You know, I feel that this is where I have the biggest challenge for this 2021 season, after two years away from the sport. As for Ferrari, it was the perfect time in 2014. After five seasons, where we had some success, we were fighting for the world championship until the last lap in three of the seasons. And we had an amazing atmosphere and amazing love for each other. Me to Ferrari and Ferrari to me… it was the right time. If you keep going and you keep not winning, because we are in 2021 and they are still not winning, I think at some point that relationship gets hurt. And we wanted to have only the love.

@魉魍魅魑 上面一段FYI, 我头自动剪掉了法拉利赛车17-18的争冠历史,想必还是有不小的负面情绪的。

Your comeback announcement was well-received. Your Spanish fans will have high expectations…

From the moment we announced that I was racing with Alpine, I felt a very warm welcome from everyone, the team of course, but also from my colleagues in the paddock, the drivers, the fans, the media, the F1 management. For the fans, they’ll see that this is a continuation of the 2020 season, and not many changes will be seen on track. Hopefully we can be competitive and fight for some podiums. I think it will be a surprise if we can achieve more than that. As this is a continuation of 2020 I expect Mercedes to be very strong. And whatever happened in winter is only winter. Let’s see this weekend but I think they will be fast.

“This reputation I have is good, because when they discover I am normal they are happy. And surprised”

How did the new car feel?

I felt the car was very good. I felt the progress of the sport in general was very impressive. The cars are now faster. They have more braking performance, they have more grip, they have more power. I think the engines have developed a lot in the last three years. So you feel the power on the straights, but also you feel the consistency, the electrical power of the engine is now very well integrated into the whole power unit. So everything feels much more precise now, much more sophisticated. You always want more as a driver but the feeling of the car was fantastic.

You have a reputation as one of the best all-round drivers, but also as someone who is difficult to work with. What do you think of that reputation?

I laugh. [There is a very long pause. A brilliantly long pause, in fact. Alonso’s answer hangs in the air for a full five seconds. It feels like the whole interview could stop at this point, not because he’s angry but because he’s amused.] It’s the third time I’m with Renault. I was with McLaren twice. I’ve been in different teams and I’ve been repeating teams and they’ve been apparently happy with me because if they are not happy, I don’t know why they keep calling me. I’m still talking to Fisichella. Jarno Trulli lives in Lugano, as I do. After the bike accident, I had a call from Jarno and he said if I wanted something from the supermarket, if I couldn’t move, he would go to the supermarket and help with the shopping. Same with Stoffel. With Jenson. And now with Esteban. He was in a go-kart this week, one that I sent to him [an Alonso-branded FA kart]. But you will never read about this, which is why I laugh. Because all my team-mates have been good people and good friends for me, not only in that moment but for the rest of my career. This reputation I have is good, because when they discover I am normal they are happy. And surprised.

Esteban Ocon noted that you look about 28 years old, but you’ll be 40 in July. How do you feel?

I feel 39. I wish I could feel 28 [laughs]. I have a little bit less hair than before. As a driver I feel young, I feel ready. I’ve been preparing myself physically and mentally. Physically I wasn’t concerned, but mentally you have to be prepared to sacrifice everything in your life for the coming years. Formula One is a very demanding sport. When you are 20 or 25, let’s say you don’t have other views in life other than racing. When you are a little bit older you see life maybe from a different point of view, and you don’t want to give away everything just for racing. But I’m ready to do that. The age? I know it’s a topic because I’ve been answering the same question time and time again. You know, I feel good. And the guy who has dominated the sport is 35 or 36. We are only a few years apart. There is a new generation, of course, but that new generation still hasn’t won anything.

Have your experiences in WEC, in the Dakar and Indianapolis helped? Is there anything you will carry over into F1?

I like your back-drop [it’s a shot of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway]. Yes, definitely. I think one very noticeable thing is the team effort that you do in endurance racing. You work with your colleagues, with your teammates. With another two drivers, you need to share everything for the good of the team. And that different approach of preparing for the weekend is something that hopefully we can do more often here in Alpine as well, between Esteban and myself, especially this year, which is very important in preparation for the 2022 rules. In Dakar you have to race every day but in a way survive every day, going from point A to point B, with just your co-driver, in the middle of nothing. It’s about having a different approach to racing. In Indianapolis, the level of detail you have to have working with your engineer, your spotter and your mechanics, even if everything is more basic in terms of the technology.The level of sophistication in the fine tuning is maybe greater than in Formula One. Hopefully I can take some lessons into the F1 comeback.

What is it about F1 that has brought you back? Do you feel you should have a third title?

No, the main reason was I was sitting by myself after Dakar, and I was thinking about what to do next. The biggest challenge on the table was coming back to F1. I had various things in my head, what I could do differently, how I could improve as a total driver. There were many possibilities. The most appealing and the most challenging was to return to F1 to try to win in the short or medium term. That was the most difficult one but at the same time the most challenging.

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/formula-one/heres-fernando-alonso-his-return-formula-one

这一站的周四车队组织少量媒体和他一对多的个人采访。

Here's Fernando Alonso on his return to Formula One

Ferrari regrets, his age, his reputation... Alonso bares all

Jason Barlow26 Mar 2021

Fernando Alonso’s phone rings halfway through the interview and he holds it up to the screen: it’s his long-time manager and inveterate wheeler-dealer Flavio Briatore. It feels like a spicy blast from a motorsport past, but Alonso’s comeback to Formula One provides one of the juicier narratives ahead of the new season. The boys are back in town.

TG.com first met the Spanish double F1 world champion 19 years ago, when he was Renault’s test driver during the 2002 season. At the car’s launch in Paris, journalists were shuttled between rooms to talk to the drivers, and the unknown quantity that was Fernando Alonso wasn’t exactly besieged. He wouldn’t remain under the radar for long. Those driver’s titles would come consecutively in 2005 and ’06, there was that notorious year at McLaren against a rookie Lewis Hamilton in 2007, a difficult two-year stint at Renault, five seasons with Ferrari during which the team narrowly missed out on championship glory on three occasions, and four frustrating seasons back at McLaren (during which he famously got acquainted with a deck chair). His 32 race win tally could have been higher; Alonso probably should have five championship titles to his name. His sublime talent, some wondered, was let down by sub-optimal decision making.

Now here he is again, partnering with young charger Esteban Ocon in the Alpine F1 team. Alonso is commanding a Teams call from Bahrain with selected worldwide media. This isn’t a one-on-one, then, although from past experience I can confirm that Alonso alternates between amused, amusing and a little spikey. Even then there’s usually a mischievous glint in this eye.

So it proves today, as he answers a few obvious enquiries with humility, shows flashes of steel when his reputation as a tricky customer is broached, and deals with the inevitable age-related question good-naturedly. This looks and sounds like a more mellow Fernando Alonso, though he’s clearly still a driver guaranteed to make his presence felt: no-one has sharper or strategically well-placed elbows than Alonso. And when BBC Sport asked him yesterday whether he was as good as the new generation of talent, he replied simply, ‘no, I am better’.

Hamilton and Mercedes, he says, remain favourites to win, despite a shaky start to their campaign during the pre-season test. Red Bull look fast, too. Beyond that, who knows?

Alpine’s racing director, Davide Brivio, is coming from Moto GP. How do you feel about that?

I’m very happy to have Davide on board. I think it’s very interesting to have his point of view on many things. Normally, Formula One is a very closed environment where you are repeating the same thing for years. It’s good to have this fresh approach from him and his leadership and his knowledge. So yeah, I’m ready to learn from him in this first race and also to help him because I’m sure he will get surprised by some of the things that happen in Formula One.

Do you regret leaving Ferrari when you did?

No. I never regret any decision of my career. I know that if you have a crystal ball, maybe you take different decisions at different times. But in that moment, I felt that it was the right decision to do. When you feel something you do it. And yeah, I think now with without pain is the same thing. You know, I feel that this is where I have the biggest challenge for this 2021 season, after two years away from the sport. As for Ferrari, it was the perfect time in 2014. After five seasons, where we had some success, we were fighting for the world championship until the last lap in three of the seasons. And we had an amazing atmosphere and amazing love for each other. Me to Ferrari and Ferrari to me… it was the right time. If you keep going and you keep not winning, because we are in 2021 and they are still not winning, I think at some point that relationship gets hurt. And we wanted to have only the love.

@魉魍魅魑 上面一段FYI, 我头自动剪掉了法拉利赛车17-18的争冠历史,想必还是有不小的负面情绪的。

Your comeback announcement was well-received. Your Spanish fans will have high expectations…

From the moment we announced that I was racing with Alpine, I felt a very warm welcome from everyone, the team of course, but also from my colleagues in the paddock, the drivers, the fans, the media, the F1 management. For the fans, they’ll see that this is a continuation of the 2020 season, and not many changes will be seen on track. Hopefully we can be competitive and fight for some podiums. I think it will be a surprise if we can achieve more than that. As this is a continuation of 2020 I expect Mercedes to be very strong. And whatever happened in winter is only winter. Let’s see this weekend but I think they will be fast.

“This reputation I have is good, because when they discover I am normal they are happy. And surprised”

How did the new car feel?

I felt the car was very good. I felt the progress of the sport in general was very impressive. The cars are now faster. They have more braking performance, they have more grip, they have more power. I think the engines have developed a lot in the last three years. So you feel the power on the straights, but also you feel the consistency, the electrical power of the engine is now very well integrated into the whole power unit. So everything feels much more precise now, much more sophisticated. You always want more as a driver but the feeling of the car was fantastic.

You have a reputation as one of the best all-round drivers, but also as someone who is difficult to work with. What do you think of that reputation?

I laugh. [There is a very long pause. A brilliantly long pause, in fact. Alonso’s answer hangs in the air for a full five seconds. It feels like the whole interview could stop at this point, not because he’s angry but because he’s amused.] It’s the third time I’m with Renault. I was with McLaren twice. I’ve been in different teams and I’ve been repeating teams and they’ve been apparently happy with me because if they are not happy, I don’t know why they keep calling me. I’m still talking to Fisichella. Jarno Trulli lives in Lugano, as I do. After the bike accident, I had a call from Jarno and he said if I wanted something from the supermarket, if I couldn’t move, he would go to the supermarket and help with the shopping. Same with Stoffel. With Jenson. And now with Esteban. He was in a go-kart this week, one that I sent to him [an Alonso-branded FA kart]. But you will never read about this, which is why I laugh. Because all my team-mates have been good people and good friends for me, not only in that moment but for the rest of my career. This reputation I have is good, because when they discover I am normal they are happy. And surprised.

Esteban Ocon noted that you look about 28 years old, but you’ll be 40 in July. How do you feel?

I feel 39. I wish I could feel 28 [laughs]. I have a little bit less hair than before. As a driver I feel young, I feel ready. I’ve been preparing myself physically and mentally. Physically I wasn’t concerned, but mentally you have to be prepared to sacrifice everything in your life for the coming years. Formula One is a very demanding sport. When you are 20 or 25, let’s say you don’t have other views in life other than racing. When you are a little bit older you see life maybe from a different point of view, and you don’t want to give away everything just for racing. But I’m ready to do that. The age? I know it’s a topic because I’ve been answering the same question time and time again. You know, I feel good. And the guy who has dominated the sport is 35 or 36. We are only a few years apart. There is a new generation, of course, but that new generation still hasn’t won anything.

Have your experiences in WEC, in the Dakar and Indianapolis helped? Is there anything you will carry over into F1?

I like your back-drop [it’s a shot of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway]. Yes, definitely. I think one very noticeable thing is the team effort that you do in endurance racing. You work with your colleagues, with your teammates. With another two drivers, you need to share everything for the good of the team. And that different approach of preparing for the weekend is something that hopefully we can do more often here in Alpine as well, between Esteban and myself, especially this year, which is very important in preparation for the 2022 rules. In Dakar you have to race every day but in a way survive every day, going from point A to point B, with just your co-driver, in the middle of nothing. It’s about having a different approach to racing. In Indianapolis, the level of detail you have to have working with your engineer, your spotter and your mechanics, even if everything is more basic in terms of the technology.The level of sophistication in the fine tuning is maybe greater than in Formula One. Hopefully I can take some lessons into the F1 comeback.

What is it about F1 that has brought you back? Do you feel you should have a third title?

No, the main reason was I was sitting by myself after Dakar, and I was thinking about what to do next. The biggest challenge on the table was coming back to F1. I had various things in my head, what I could do differently, how I could improve as a total driver. There were many possibilities. The most appealing and the most challenging was to return to F1 to try to win in the short or medium term. That was the most difficult one but at the same time the most challenging.

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/formula-one/heres-fernando-alonso-his-return-formula-one

这一站的周四车队组织少量媒体和他一对多的个人采访。

亮了(0)
回复

补档

2018-12-04

"Vettel made some decisive mistakes, but for the world championship you have to do everything to keep him up. He is a driver of the highest order and always close to the team.

"In frustration he must be supported, even more so with the arrival of a very strong boy (Charles Leclerc) with a great future. Schumacher also made mistakes in the first days, but it is always important to speak clearly in the locker room and support the team in public."

https://www.autoweek.com/racing/formula-1/a1712551/ferrari-would-have-won-hamilton-says-ex-ferrari-boss-montezemolo/

头哥的2010开局也是失误那个接二连三。

2007年在迈凯伦就妥妥没有开局容错待遇啦。

补档

2018-12-04

"Vettel made some decisive mistakes, but for the world championship you have to do everything to keep him up. He is a driver of the highest order and always close to the team.

"In frustration he must be supported, even more so with the arrival of a very strong boy (Charles Leclerc) with a great future. Schumacher also made mistakes in the first days, but it is always important to speak clearly in the locker room and support the team in public."

https://www.autoweek.com/racing/formula-1/a1712551/ferrari-would-have-won-hamilton-says-ex-ferrari-boss-montezemolo/

头哥的2010开局也是失误那个接二连三。

2007年在迈凯伦就妥妥没有开局容错待遇啦。

亮了(0)
回复

我头上次使用靠近维修通道出口一侧的车库是什么时候?哈哈

亮了(0)
回复
查看评论(1)
引用 @糊涂阿蒙 发表的:
只看此人

妥妥的二号车手

妥妥的二号车手

亮了(3)
回复

2021-03-28

But despite Alonso admitting that he’d been struggling with the balance of his A521 throughout the weekend, the Spaniard said he was relieved to make it all the way through into Q3, before claiming ninth on the grid in his first qualifying back in F1.

“It was good!” said Alonso – who marked his first Q3 appearance since the 2018 Monaco Grand Prix with McLaren. “I think we have to be pleased with the qualifying. I was not confident in any of the sessions so far in the weekend, I was struggling a little bit to feel the rear of the car in windy conditions, and now in the qualifying everything was calmer. The night situation I think helped us with the cooler temperatures, so I was able to attack and feel the car a little bit better and it was fun.

“I have to tell you to drive these cars with low fuel, new tyres, the peak performance of the tyre in the first lap, it’s an enjoyable car to drive,” he added. “I did miss this feeling. I think the qualifying performance is something amazing. Then in the race, you have to pace yourself a little bit with the tyre management, with other things. But in qualifying, the maximum performance is something amazing.”

He may have to pace himself in the Grand Prix – but Alonso also built a reputation in his first stint in the sport as one of the best racers on a Sunday in Formula 1 history. And despite having the fast cars of the likes of Red Bull’s Sergio Perez and AlphaTauri’s Yuki Tsuonda starting behind him – as well as team mate Ocon in 16th – Alonso said his goal was nonetheless to make progress in the race.

“That’s the plan!” he said. “I think we have to be aware as well that some cars starting behind us, they didn’t go to Q3 because maybe they tried [to go through] with the medium in Q2, so they have the pace, and they are quicker probably than us. So yes we have to attack, but at the same time have one eye on the mirror because there are some fast cars behind us.”

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.i-missed-this-feeling-alonso-revels-in-amazing-q3-appearance-as-he-makes.5uhDQjjo6PwoBpvqq4KsX5.html

所以之前整个练习赛时候的挣扎也是真的,好在正赛的时间也在晚上。

2021-03-28

But despite Alonso admitting that he’d been struggling with the balance of his A521 throughout the weekend, the Spaniard said he was relieved to make it all the way through into Q3, before claiming ninth on the grid in his first qualifying back in F1.

“It was good!” said Alonso – who marked his first Q3 appearance since the 2018 Monaco Grand Prix with McLaren. “I think we have to be pleased with the qualifying. I was not confident in any of the sessions so far in the weekend, I was struggling a little bit to feel the rear of the car in windy conditions, and now in the qualifying everything was calmer. The night situation I think helped us with the cooler temperatures, so I was able to attack and feel the car a little bit better and it was fun.

“I have to tell you to drive these cars with low fuel, new tyres, the peak performance of the tyre in the first lap, it’s an enjoyable car to drive,” he added. “I did miss this feeling. I think the qualifying performance is something amazing. Then in the race, you have to pace yourself a little bit with the tyre management, with other things. But in qualifying, the maximum performance is something amazing.”

He may have to pace himself in the Grand Prix – but Alonso also built a reputation in his first stint in the sport as one of the best racers on a Sunday in Formula 1 history. And despite having the fast cars of the likes of Red Bull’s Sergio Perez and AlphaTauri’s Yuki Tsuonda starting behind him – as well as team mate Ocon in 16th – Alonso said his goal was nonetheless to make progress in the race.

“That’s the plan!” he said. “I think we have to be aware as well that some cars starting behind us, they didn’t go to Q3 because maybe they tried [to go through] with the medium in Q2, so they have the pace, and they are quicker probably than us. So yes we have to attack, but at the same time have one eye on the mirror because there are some fast cars behind us.”

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.i-missed-this-feeling-alonso-revels-in-amazing-q3-appearance-as-he-makes.5uhDQjjo6PwoBpvqq4KsX5.html

所以之前整个练习赛时候的挣扎也是真的,好在正赛的时间也在晚上。

亮了(0)
回复

2021-03-27

“First qualifying of the year is a little bit of an unknown, how fast we were, so every time I came to the garage it was a moment of curiosity looking at the screen and seeing where you ended up, so it was a fun qualifying for sure.”

“I am confident we can do a good season but it has to be race by race,” Alonso added. “I have to get better myself first of all because even today it was the very first time on these grippy tyres to extract the maximum from the car, I will need a couple of races probably to get up to speed.

“Even the same tomorrow it will be the first time formation lap, the traffic lights, the first corner action, it’s simple things for a racing driver but after two years it’s going to feel again like new, to do a pit stop under two seconds, all these things I will have to live it for the very first time again, and that’s something I will need a couple of races to get up to speed, so let’s see.”

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/973844/1/alonso-2021-bahrain-gp-will-feel-my-first-f1-race

Alonso kept himself race fresh during his time out of F1 by competing in the World Endurance Championship and events including the Le Mans 24 hours and the Indy 500.

The 39-year-old has revealed that not only do those events require different demands to F1 but also the sport has changed enough since his last race with McLaren that he is having to re-learn things every day.

“Like today, [the race] is going to be again many first-time things,” he said. “First time again on a start, first time on a first corner trying to be away from problems, and then the pit stops, a two-second pit stop is going to feel very new.

“In qualifying, when you put this kind of tyre with this big performance in the first lap, low fuel, the adrenaline and fun to drive is amazing. In the race, you have to pace yourself for the tyre management.

“There are many things I need to go through for the first time tomorrow, so I am looking forward to it. I will be happy if we score points, so the top 10 is the target.”

Alonso finished 1.252s behind pole-sitter Max Verstappen but is conscious he made it into the top 10 because several drivers tried to get through to the final session on medium tyres but failed.

Drivers such as Red Bull's Sergio Perez and Yuki Tsunoda in the AlphaTauri will be looking to get past the former champion.

But a determined Alonso added: “I’m aware there are some guys behind with more pace than we have, but if we do a good start, good strategy, everything is possible.”

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/63152/first-timer-alonso-targeting-top-10-finish-in-comeback-race/

When asked if he expects the rush of adrenalin will be the same as it was before he left McLaren in 2018, he was not so sure.

“In the race, less, to be honest,” answered Alonso. “You have to pace yourself for the tyre management. In qualifying, the adrenalin is amazing.

“The 57 laps is something I never did in testing, but I will be happy if we score points so the top 10 is the target. I know there are some guys behind with more pace than us. But if we do a good start, good strategy, top 10 is possible.”

https://www.planetf1.com/news/fernando-alonso-lacking-confidence/

2021-03-27

“First qualifying of the year is a little bit of an unknown, how fast we were, so every time I came to the garage it was a moment of curiosity looking at the screen and seeing where you ended up, so it was a fun qualifying for sure.”

“I am confident we can do a good season but it has to be race by race,” Alonso added. “I have to get better myself first of all because even today it was the very first time on these grippy tyres to extract the maximum from the car, I will need a couple of races probably to get up to speed.

“Even the same tomorrow it will be the first time formation lap, the traffic lights, the first corner action, it’s simple things for a racing driver but after two years it’s going to feel again like new, to do a pit stop under two seconds, all these things I will have to live it for the very first time again, and that’s something I will need a couple of races to get up to speed, so let’s see.”

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/973844/1/alonso-2021-bahrain-gp-will-feel-my-first-f1-race

Alonso kept himself race fresh during his time out of F1 by competing in the World Endurance Championship and events including the Le Mans 24 hours and the Indy 500.

The 39-year-old has revealed that not only do those events require different demands to F1 but also the sport has changed enough since his last race with McLaren that he is having to re-learn things every day.

“Like today, [the race] is going to be again many first-time things,” he said. “First time again on a start, first time on a first corner trying to be away from problems, and then the pit stops, a two-second pit stop is going to feel very new.

“In qualifying, when you put this kind of tyre with this big performance in the first lap, low fuel, the adrenaline and fun to drive is amazing. In the race, you have to pace yourself for the tyre management.

“There are many things I need to go through for the first time tomorrow, so I am looking forward to it. I will be happy if we score points, so the top 10 is the target.”

Alonso finished 1.252s behind pole-sitter Max Verstappen but is conscious he made it into the top 10 because several drivers tried to get through to the final session on medium tyres but failed.

Drivers such as Red Bull's Sergio Perez and Yuki Tsunoda in the AlphaTauri will be looking to get past the former champion.

But a determined Alonso added: “I’m aware there are some guys behind with more pace than we have, but if we do a good start, good strategy, everything is possible.”

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/63152/first-timer-alonso-targeting-top-10-finish-in-comeback-race/

When asked if he expects the rush of adrenalin will be the same as it was before he left McLaren in 2018, he was not so sure.

“In the race, less, to be honest,” answered Alonso. “You have to pace yourself for the tyre management. In qualifying, the adrenalin is amazing.

“The 57 laps is something I never did in testing, but I will be happy if we score points so the top 10 is the target. I know there are some guys behind with more pace than us. But if we do a good start, good strategy, top 10 is possible.”

https://www.planetf1.com/news/fernando-alonso-lacking-confidence/

亮了(0)
回复

本楼里哪篇看着值得翻译有需要的路过同学们可提出点单,意见集中的可尽快安排~

本楼里哪篇看着值得翻译有需要的路过同学们可提出点单,意见集中的可尽快安排~

亮了(0)
回复

2021-03-27

Asked on Saturday whether he might have heard 'better than then' rather than 'better than them', Alonso acknowledged he had probably misunderstood the question.

"I thought the question was 'are you as good as in 2018, when you left the sport?," he said. "The answer was well I hope that I am better than 2018 because all the experiences maybe make me a better driver.

"It was not compared to Lewis (Hamilton) or to Max (Verstappen) or anyone.

"First of all it is difficult to compare and then they have dominated the sport for the last few years so I never meant to say that I was better than them."

https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/31147810/alonso-clarifies-better-best-comment

2021-03-28

Indeed, the BBC, with whom the first interview was also conducted, asked him about his competitors, asking: 'Do you think you're still as good as them', but Alonso understood that last word as 'then'. An easy mistake to make.

Alonso is known for his high level of self-confidence, so even if he had meant it, it would not have been an earth-shattering statement. The two-time world champion wanted to put things right and said that it is always difficult to compare drivers.

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/80718/alonso-didn-t-mean-to-say-i-m-better-than-hamilton-or-verstappen.html

2021-03-27

Asked on Saturday whether he might have heard 'better than then' rather than 'better than them', Alonso acknowledged he had probably misunderstood the question.

"I thought the question was 'are you as good as in 2018, when you left the sport?," he said. "The answer was well I hope that I am better than 2018 because all the experiences maybe make me a better driver.

"It was not compared to Lewis (Hamilton) or to Max (Verstappen) or anyone.

"First of all it is difficult to compare and then they have dominated the sport for the last few years so I never meant to say that I was better than them."

https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/31147810/alonso-clarifies-better-best-comment

2021-03-28

Indeed, the BBC, with whom the first interview was also conducted, asked him about his competitors, asking: 'Do you think you're still as good as them', but Alonso understood that last word as 'then'. An easy mistake to make.

Alonso is known for his high level of self-confidence, so even if he had meant it, it would not have been an earth-shattering statement. The two-time world champion wanted to put things right and said that it is always difficult to compare drivers.

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/80718/alonso-didn-t-mean-to-say-i-m-better-than-hamilton-or-verstappen.html

亮了(0)
回复
Re:重拾的F1雄心——头哥的2021-22赛季
虎扑游戏中心
阿隆索最热帖
重拾的F1雄心——头哥的2021-22赛季
两次失而复得领奖台
【Amus阀哥版】阿隆索VS古铁雷斯   走近科学:揭秘恐怖事故 瞬间
这实在是太让人沮丧了
新赛季的战车颜值还凑合,但是真心不稳定呀
【暂放】国乒
we are back!