写字楼 回复/ 01471 浏览

全部回帖

收起
Posted at 1:24 PM ET, 03/11/2009

Wizards Report Card: Juan Dixon

Juan Dixon was a big part of the team's 110-99 win at Minnesota Monday night as the veteran guard played some critical fourth-quarter minutes and helped put the game away with two late buckets and three free throws.

It was the kind of role Dixon fully expected for himself when he rejoined the Wizards late last summer on a one-year deal worth just under $1 million, but things haven't worked out that way.

After a brief stint early in the season when then-coach Eddie Jordan was desperately seeking a formula that would work, Dixon's role and playing time have fluctuated wildly and he's really only been only a spot player most of the season.

He's appeared in 40 games (with six starts) and averaged a modest 5.2 points and 2.4 assists in 15.9 minutes while shooting 39.8 percent from the field and 35.6 percent from three-point range.

Dixon's plus/minus is minus 8.1, which ranks ninth on the team behind Antawn Jamison, Caron Butler, Nick Young, Andray Blatche, Darius Songaila, Javaris Crittenton, Mike James and Dominic McGuire. But any evaluation of his season has to be looked at within the context of his spotty playing time.

On the positive side, Dixon has remained a true pro all season. He shows up to work, prepares himself as if he's a starter and has been a good influence in in a locker room filled with young guys who don't know what they are doing.

Given the team's salary cap and luxury tax situation, it's hard to imagine Dixon being back next season. And, assuming that Gilbert Arenas does return and Mike James picks up his contract option (he will), the team will have Arenas, James, DeShawn Stevenson, Javaris Crittenton and Nick Young under contract as guards.

In terms of a grade and given his salary, history and role, I'll give Juan a C for the season.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/2009/03/wizards_report_card_juan_dixon.html

Posted at 1:24 PM ET, 03/11/2009

Wizards Report Card: Juan Dixon

Juan Dixon was a big part of the team's 110-99 win at Minnesota Monday night as the veteran guard played some critical fourth-quarter minutes and helped put the game away with two late buckets and three free throws.

It was the kind of role Dixon fully expected for himself when he rejoined the Wizards late last summer on a one-year deal worth just under $1 million, but things haven't worked out that way.

After a brief stint early in the season when then-coach Eddie Jordan was desperately seeking a formula that would work, Dixon's role and playing time have fluctuated wildly and he's really only been only a spot player most of the season.

He's appeared in 40 games (with six starts) and averaged a modest 5.2 points and 2.4 assists in 15.9 minutes while shooting 39.8 percent from the field and 35.6 percent from three-point range.

Dixon's plus/minus is minus 8.1, which ranks ninth on the team behind Antawn Jamison, Caron Butler, Nick Young, Andray Blatche, Darius Songaila, Javaris Crittenton, Mike James and Dominic McGuire. But any evaluation of his season has to be looked at within the context of his spotty playing time.

On the positive side, Dixon has remained a true pro all season. He shows up to work, prepares himself as if he's a starter and has been a good influence in in a locker room filled with young guys who don't know what they are doing.

Given the team's salary cap and luxury tax situation, it's hard to imagine Dixon being back next season. And, assuming that Gilbert Arenas does return and Mike James picks up his contract option (he will), the team will have Arenas, James, DeShawn Stevenson, Javaris Crittenton and Nick Young under contract as guards.

In terms of a grade and given his salary, history and role, I'll give Juan a C for the season.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/2009/03/wizards_report_card_juan_dixon.html

亮了(0)
回复
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/mar/20/wizards-owner-pollin-ready-to-pay-penalty-to-win/
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/mar/20/wizards-owner-pollin-ready-to-pay-penalty-to-win/
亮了(0)
回复
留个底~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
留个底~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
亮了(0)
回复
The Cavs Don't Know D.C. Hates LeBron

If I were coming up with a list of the most hated figures among all-sports D.C. fans, it would probably be Sidney Crosby, LeBron James, Coach K, Peter Angelos and Daniel Snyder. Feel free to disagree. Most hated teams? Harder to put in any order, but the top half-dozen would likely include the Cowboys, Eagles, Penguins, Flyers, Cavaliers and Duke.

And "hate" doesn't necessarily mean "would spit in their faces on the street," but it's not some passionless emotion either. It's real. People genuinely dislike those names, and those teams.

Remarkably, the Cavs don't seem to understand that. Tonight is the the last Wiz-Cavs game of the season, and it will probably mean something to Cleveland after getting dropped by the Wiz last week. But when they were here in town and I was asking questions about the pent-up bad feelings....well, here's what Mike Brown said about D.C. fans and LeBron.

"You think there is hostility? I don't....really? I, I, you'd have to ask him that. But I'm not conscious of that."

There were other reporters there. They can vouch that he was being serious. He didn't know. I asked about the signs, and the chants, and the crying references on the JumboTron.

"I didn't notice all the signs and stuff like that," Brown said. "But you know what, any good fan's gonna cheer for their team and cheer against our team. I mean, there are some good players that come through our building, and sometimes they get booed, because they're good players, but I didn't know it was to another level here."

I mean, how can he not know? Every time LeBron touches the ball--every single time--he's booed. Throughout last year's playoffs, there was that brilliant (if ridiculous) "O-Ver-Rat-Ed" chant. There are Crybaby t-shirts (I get smiles whenever I wear mine to the gym), and t-shirts with LeBron's head on top of a crab. The kids pictured above sit right behind the Cavs bench.

"It doesn't happen in other arenas," one of the Cavs beat writers told me. "They cheer him in other arenas."

ESPN's Marc Stein, who has some D.C. in him, completely gets it: "Cleveland-Washington, one-sided or not, is one of the tastiest hookups we ever get, because these teams and fan bases harbor an undeniable contempt for each other," he wrote last week.

But the Cavs players? Not feeling it. Ben Wallace said LeBron is treated the same in D.C. as in every city. So did Joe Smith.

"He gets probably the same welcome everywhere," Smith said. "You always have your Cleveland haters, because of what's gone on in the playoffs here the last few years, but at the same time, when he takes the floor he gets the same reception everywhere."

Which is what, I asked.

"A good one," Smith said. "A good one....He gets the same cheers here that I see him get anywhere else. Like I said, you'll have some [haters], but for the most part, I think we probably have more Cleveland fans here than Wizards fans here. Whenever we come, for the most part. That's why I said, he gets a mixed reception, but those Cleveland fans kind of out-shadow any negativity, they out-shadow what the Wizards fans do."

I mean, am I living in a fantasy world? Yeah, there are Cleveland fans, but even in a 17-win season the arena feels like a seething pit of LeBron hatred to me. LeBron, any thoughts?

"I'm hated in all 30 cities," he said. "Well, 29. They love me in Cleveland; other than that they hate me everywhere else. New York likes me, too, I forgot about them."

I asked him why he would be hated.

"I go out there and do the things that I do," he explained. "I mean, they shouldn't root for me, because I'm an opposing player. But like I said, I'm not liked in a lot of arenas. It doesn't affect me at all, man, I don't get caught up in it. I just go out there and just try to help our team win."

If they were trying to drive me crazy, it was working. Sure, people here hate him because he's good, but in D.C. it's also because of three straight playoff losses, two without Gilbert. It's because he tore out fans' veins and arteries and blood vessels with all those last-second drives in '06. It's because he's one of the most dominant players in the league, but he still throws up his arms in horror when he doesn't get a call. It's because he gets fouls called when he trips over his feet. It's because Darius Songaila was suspended for Game 6 last year. It's because his friend Jay-Z wrote a diss track about DeShawn Stevenson, and they had it played in a D.C. club. It's because of what happened on Christmas in Cleveland. And it's because when LeBron was asked about the Wiz's suddenly healthy lineup after the loss last week, this is what he said.

"Well, every team that we've played, for some odd reason, is healthy," he said. "And then it seems like you'll watch them a few games later and four of their guys are out. You know, everyone is healthy when they play us."

Ha. Hahahahahahaha. You're complaining because the Wizards are healthy when they play you? Surely not. I mean, there's no way.

Anyhow, the Cavs deservedly have bigger things on their minds than the WIz this season, but the Wiz sure don't. Your season highlights this year are the win over the Cavs with Arenas, and the Crab Dribble game. It's no coincidence that the Wiz played with a level of passion in those games too often absent, although Mike Brown wasn't having that, either.

"Does it carry over to this game? Uhhhh. Maybe, maybe," he said before last week's game, when I asked about the rivalry. "Maybe for them they feel the same, but this is our next opponent, and right now we're in a different position from them, so we don't look at this as any different than who we played in our last game or the game before, you know?"

Even after the game, when asked if these awful Wiz play so well against the Cavs because of that rivalry, Cleveland's coach wasn't convinced.

"I don't know," he said. "I don't know if it's because it's a rivalry. We've got rivalries...I guess we've got a rivalry here, we've got a rivalry in Detroit, we've got a rivalry in Boston...."

At least Delonte West understood. He's from here. He just bought a seven-figure house on the Potomac in P.G. His friends were raised to cheer for the Bullets.

"Definitely matching up in the playoffs every year and eliminating them in the playoffs, of course the home team is going to hate you," he told me. "I definitely hear it a lot when I come home, like, 'Aw man, how you do that to our Wizards, man?' "

"It's funny, they hate the outcome of the game, I don't think people actually hate US," West also said. I think more than a few people would disagree.

(Michael Wilbon wrote a more sensible column about Wiz-Cavs today.)
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2009/04/the_cavs_dont_know_dc_hates_le.html
The Cavs Don't Know D.C. Hates LeBron

If I were coming up with a list of the most hated figures among all-sports D.C. fans, it would probably be Sidney Crosby, LeBron James, Coach K, Peter Angelos and Daniel Snyder. Feel free to disagree. Most hated teams? Harder to put in any order, but the top half-dozen would likely include the Cowboys, Eagles, Penguins, Flyers, Cavaliers and Duke.

And "hate" doesn't necessarily mean "would spit in their faces on the street," but it's not some passionless emotion either. It's real. People genuinely dislike those names, and those teams.

Remarkably, the Cavs don't seem to understand that. Tonight is the the last Wiz-Cavs game of the season, and it will probably mean something to Cleveland after getting dropped by the Wiz last week. But when they were here in town and I was asking questions about the pent-up bad feelings....well, here's what Mike Brown said about D.C. fans and LeBron.

"You think there is hostility? I don't....really? I, I, you'd have to ask him that. But I'm not conscious of that."

There were other reporters there. They can vouch that he was being serious. He didn't know. I asked about the signs, and the chants, and the crying references on the JumboTron.

"I didn't notice all the signs and stuff like that," Brown said. "But you know what, any good fan's gonna cheer for their team and cheer against our team. I mean, there are some good players that come through our building, and sometimes they get booed, because they're good players, but I didn't know it was to another level here."

I mean, how can he not know? Every time LeBron touches the ball--every single time--he's booed. Throughout last year's playoffs, there was that brilliant (if ridiculous) "O-Ver-Rat-Ed" chant. There are Crybaby t-shirts (I get smiles whenever I wear mine to the gym), and t-shirts with LeBron's head on top of a crab. The kids pictured above sit right behind the Cavs bench.

"It doesn't happen in other arenas," one of the Cavs beat writers told me. "They cheer him in other arenas."

ESPN's Marc Stein, who has some D.C. in him, completely gets it: "Cleveland-Washington, one-sided or not, is one of the tastiest hookups we ever get, because these teams and fan bases harbor an undeniable contempt for each other," he wrote last week.

But the Cavs players? Not feeling it. Ben Wallace said LeBron is treated the same in D.C. as in every city. So did Joe Smith.

"He gets probably the same welcome everywhere," Smith said. "You always have your Cleveland haters, because of what's gone on in the playoffs here the last few years, but at the same time, when he takes the floor he gets the same reception everywhere."

Which is what, I asked.

"A good one," Smith said. "A good one....He gets the same cheers here that I see him get anywhere else. Like I said, you'll have some [haters], but for the most part, I think we probably have more Cleveland fans here than Wizards fans here. Whenever we come, for the most part. That's why I said, he gets a mixed reception, but those Cleveland fans kind of out-shadow any negativity, they out-shadow what the Wizards fans do."

I mean, am I living in a fantasy world? Yeah, there are Cleveland fans, but even in a 17-win season the arena feels like a seething pit of LeBron hatred to me. LeBron, any thoughts?

"I'm hated in all 30 cities," he said. "Well, 29. They love me in Cleveland; other than that they hate me everywhere else. New York likes me, too, I forgot about them."

I asked him why he would be hated.

"I go out there and do the things that I do," he explained. "I mean, they shouldn't root for me, because I'm an opposing player. But like I said, I'm not liked in a lot of arenas. It doesn't affect me at all, man, I don't get caught up in it. I just go out there and just try to help our team win."

If they were trying to drive me crazy, it was working. Sure, people here hate him because he's good, but in D.C. it's also because of three straight playoff losses, two without Gilbert. It's because he tore out fans' veins and arteries and blood vessels with all those last-second drives in '06. It's because he's one of the most dominant players in the league, but he still throws up his arms in horror when he doesn't get a call. It's because he gets fouls called when he trips over his feet. It's because Darius Songaila was suspended for Game 6 last year. It's because his friend Jay-Z wrote a diss track about DeShawn Stevenson, and they had it played in a D.C. club. It's because of what happened on Christmas in Cleveland. And it's because when LeBron was asked about the Wiz's suddenly healthy lineup after the loss last week, this is what he said.

"Well, every team that we've played, for some odd reason, is healthy," he said. "And then it seems like you'll watch them a few games later and four of their guys are out. You know, everyone is healthy when they play us."

Ha. Hahahahahahaha. You're complaining because the Wizards are healthy when they play you? Surely not. I mean, there's no way.

Anyhow, the Cavs deservedly have bigger things on their minds than the WIz this season, but the Wiz sure don't. Your season highlights this year are the win over the Cavs with Arenas, and the Crab Dribble game. It's no coincidence that the Wiz played with a level of passion in those games too often absent, although Mike Brown wasn't having that, either.

"Does it carry over to this game? Uhhhh. Maybe, maybe," he said before last week's game, when I asked about the rivalry. "Maybe for them they feel the same, but this is our next opponent, and right now we're in a different position from them, so we don't look at this as any different than who we played in our last game or the game before, you know?"

Even after the game, when asked if these awful Wiz play so well against the Cavs because of that rivalry, Cleveland's coach wasn't convinced.

"I don't know," he said. "I don't know if it's because it's a rivalry. We've got rivalries...I guess we've got a rivalry here, we've got a rivalry in Detroit, we've got a rivalry in Boston...."

At least Delonte West understood. He's from here. He just bought a seven-figure house on the Potomac in P.G. His friends were raised to cheer for the Bullets.

"Definitely matching up in the playoffs every year and eliminating them in the playoffs, of course the home team is going to hate you," he told me. "I definitely hear it a lot when I come home, like, 'Aw man, how you do that to our Wizards, man?' "

"It's funny, they hate the outcome of the game, I don't think people actually hate US," West also said. I think more than a few people would disagree.

(Michael Wilbon wrote a more sensible column about Wiz-Cavs today.)
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2009/04/the_cavs_dont_know_dc_hates_le.html
亮了(0)
回复
ls文章去原地址把图弄过来
ls文章去原地址把图弄过来
亮了(0)
回复
Wizards Name Saunders Head Coach
Sideline Veteran Becomes Franchise's 22nd Head Coach
April 22, 2009

Washington Wizards President Ernie Grunfeld announced today that the team has named Flip Saunders as head coach. Per team policy, terms of the contract were not released.

"We’re very proud to bring a proven winner like Flip Saunders on board as our head coach,” said Wizards Chairman Abe Pollin. “After going through what was a very difficult season, I know our fans share in my anticipation of what we can accomplish with new leadership, a healthy roster and a renewed commitment to excellence."

Saunders, who becomes the 22nd head coach in franchise history, owns a 587-396 (.597) record over 12-and-a-half seasons with Minnesota and Detroit.

“We clearly identified Flip as the top candidate for the job and were happy to find that our situation proved to be a good fit for him as well,” said Grunfeld. “We were able to move quickly as a result and we’re confident that this is a major step towards putting this team back among the Eastern Conference contenders.”

Saunders achieved seven 50-win seasons, led his teams to the playoffs 11 times and reached the Conference Finals on four occasions during his tenures with the Timberwolves and Pistons. He is one of only six coaches to be named head coach of the All-Star team in both the Eastern and Western Conferences and currently ranks seventh among active coaches in winning percentage (12th all-time) and eighth among active coaches in total wins (21st all-time).

“There were many factors that led to this being the right situation for me, but the most intriguing was the commitment of Mr. Pollin and Ernie to win a championship,” said Saunders. “I look forward to enjoying the great support and homecourt advantage from Wizards fans that I’ve always seen from the opposing sidelines and to making each game at Verizon Center an exciting event.”

Saunders comes to the Wizards after leading the Pistons to three straight 50-win seasons, three straight division titles and three straight appearances in the Conference Finals from 2005-06 to 2007-08. He finished with an overall record of 176-70 (.715), the highest winning percentage for any coach in franchise history. Saunders began his NBA coaching career with the Minnesota Timberwolves, where he compiled a 411-326 (.558) record from 1995-2005 and became the winningest coach in franchise history. He guided the Timberwolves to eight consecutive playoff appearances from 1997-2004, culminating in a trip to the 2004 Western Conference Finals.

Saunders began his professional coaching career in the Continental Basketball Association, where he won two CBA championships (1990 & 1992) and was twice named CBA Coach of the Year (1990 & 1992). He ranks third all-time in the CBA with 253 career victories (253-137, .649) during stops with the Rapid City Thrillers (1988-89), La Crosse Catbirds (1989-94) and Sioux Falls Skyforce (1994-95).
Wizards Name Saunders Head Coach
Sideline Veteran Becomes Franchise's 22nd Head Coach
April 22, 2009

Washington Wizards President Ernie Grunfeld announced today that the team has named Flip Saunders as head coach. Per team policy, terms of the contract were not released.

"We’re very proud to bring a proven winner like Flip Saunders on board as our head coach,” said Wizards Chairman Abe Pollin. “After going through what was a very difficult season, I know our fans share in my anticipation of what we can accomplish with new leadership, a healthy roster and a renewed commitment to excellence."

Saunders, who becomes the 22nd head coach in franchise history, owns a 587-396 (.597) record over 12-and-a-half seasons with Minnesota and Detroit.

“We clearly identified Flip as the top candidate for the job and were happy to find that our situation proved to be a good fit for him as well,” said Grunfeld. “We were able to move quickly as a result and we’re confident that this is a major step towards putting this team back among the Eastern Conference contenders.”

Saunders achieved seven 50-win seasons, led his teams to the playoffs 11 times and reached the Conference Finals on four occasions during his tenures with the Timberwolves and Pistons. He is one of only six coaches to be named head coach of the All-Star team in both the Eastern and Western Conferences and currently ranks seventh among active coaches in winning percentage (12th all-time) and eighth among active coaches in total wins (21st all-time).

“There were many factors that led to this being the right situation for me, but the most intriguing was the commitment of Mr. Pollin and Ernie to win a championship,” said Saunders. “I look forward to enjoying the great support and homecourt advantage from Wizards fans that I’ve always seen from the opposing sidelines and to making each game at Verizon Center an exciting event.”

Saunders comes to the Wizards after leading the Pistons to three straight 50-win seasons, three straight division titles and three straight appearances in the Conference Finals from 2005-06 to 2007-08. He finished with an overall record of 176-70 (.715), the highest winning percentage for any coach in franchise history. Saunders began his NBA coaching career with the Minnesota Timberwolves, where he compiled a 411-326 (.558) record from 1995-2005 and became the winningest coach in franchise history. He guided the Timberwolves to eight consecutive playoff appearances from 1997-2004, culminating in a trip to the 2004 Western Conference Finals.

Saunders began his professional coaching career in the Continental Basketball Association, where he won two CBA championships (1990 & 1992) and was twice named CBA Coach of the Year (1990 & 1992). He ranks third all-time in the CBA with 253 career victories (253-137, .649) during stops with the Rapid City Thrillers (1988-89), La Crosse Catbirds (1989-94) and Sioux Falls Skyforce (1994-95).
亮了(0)
回复
Posted at 5:33 PM ET, 04/23/2009
Best Quotes From Saunders News Conference

From Michael Lee at Verizon Center:

ABE POLLIN
I want you to know, obviously, you see me in a wheelchair. I want you to know that in spite of the wheelchair, maybe because of the wheelchair, I'm more, belly in the button, I have more guts to win a championship again. That's what we're going to do. That's why we brought a winner here. I know you will be as impressed as I am, with our new coach.

ERNIE GRUNFELD
The things that we were looking for was someone with credibility, an NBA background, with experience. A winner, not only in the regular season, but also in the playoffs. flip has been in the conference finals four out of the past five years that he's coached in the NBA. That's what we want to get to and even higher than that.

I think he's a really good fit for our team right now, the type of the players that we have. He's an outstanding Xs and Os man, who pays attention to detail and is very underrated on the defensive end, which we all know we want to make improvements in.

FLIP SAUNDERS
Mr. Pollin didn't put any pressure on me. When we met, he said, "Just don't let us down." No pressure at all.

Every team in this league is about one player away from being very average and two injuries you're going to be pretty bad. In order to win, you have to be lucky in some aspects. But you can make your own luck, through hard work. Through commitment.

The players that are here, they have a lot of potential, they just need somebody working with them. I think the young plyaes have a lot of potential. I always say your potential determines what you're capable of doing, your motivation determines what you do and your character enhances how well you do it.

I know Gilbert wants to win. In the converstations that we've had the main thing that we talked about. what it is being a leader, and the responsibility that goes with it. I really believe that he's ready to take the step in order to do that.

It makes you thirsty to want to get there. Theres a lot of great players in the league that have never won a championship. That's the only thing they ever talk about, not what they've accomplished. It's the same way with a coach.

Posted by Alexa Steele | Permalink | Comments: (7)
Other Blogs' Comments: Technorati talk bubble Technorati
Posted at 4:04 PM ET, 04/23/2009
'The Process Starts Today'

Flip Saunders was introduced as the new coach of the Washington Wizards this afternoon. A frail-looking Abe Pollin introduced team President Ernie Grunfeld, who introduced Saunders, noting that this is "a very exciting day" for the organization and that the new coach "plays a fun brand of basketball."

Michael Lee will file a more detailed report later, but here are a few hastily typed quotes and paraphrases from Flip:

"I look forward to the opportunity."

"This is a very unique situation."

"You can make your own luck."

"There's a lot of talk about my huge playbook." It's about 60 percent defense... defense is a priority.

"There was a closeness to the team (during training camp)."

He described the team as a melting pot, with diverse talents. "They blend together."

"When a coach wants something and a player wants something, the coach wins."

In response to a Michael Lee question, presumably about coming so close to reaching the finals: "It makes you thirsty."

"The process starts today."
Posted at 5:33 PM ET, 04/23/2009
Best Quotes From Saunders News Conference

From Michael Lee at Verizon Center:

ABE POLLIN
I want you to know, obviously, you see me in a wheelchair. I want you to know that in spite of the wheelchair, maybe because of the wheelchair, I'm more, belly in the button, I have more guts to win a championship again. That's what we're going to do. That's why we brought a winner here. I know you will be as impressed as I am, with our new coach.

ERNIE GRUNFELD
The things that we were looking for was someone with credibility, an NBA background, with experience. A winner, not only in the regular season, but also in the playoffs. flip has been in the conference finals four out of the past five years that he's coached in the NBA. That's what we want to get to and even higher than that.

I think he's a really good fit for our team right now, the type of the players that we have. He's an outstanding Xs and Os man, who pays attention to detail and is very underrated on the defensive end, which we all know we want to make improvements in.

FLIP SAUNDERS
Mr. Pollin didn't put any pressure on me. When we met, he said, "Just don't let us down." No pressure at all.

Every team in this league is about one player away from being very average and two injuries you're going to be pretty bad. In order to win, you have to be lucky in some aspects. But you can make your own luck, through hard work. Through commitment.

The players that are here, they have a lot of potential, they just need somebody working with them. I think the young plyaes have a lot of potential. I always say your potential determines what you're capable of doing, your motivation determines what you do and your character enhances how well you do it.

I know Gilbert wants to win. In the converstations that we've had the main thing that we talked about. what it is being a leader, and the responsibility that goes with it. I really believe that he's ready to take the step in order to do that.

It makes you thirsty to want to get there. Theres a lot of great players in the league that have never won a championship. That's the only thing they ever talk about, not what they've accomplished. It's the same way with a coach.

Posted by Alexa Steele | Permalink | Comments: (7)
Other Blogs' Comments: Technorati talk bubble Technorati
Posted at 4:04 PM ET, 04/23/2009
'The Process Starts Today'

Flip Saunders was introduced as the new coach of the Washington Wizards this afternoon. A frail-looking Abe Pollin introduced team President Ernie Grunfeld, who introduced Saunders, noting that this is "a very exciting day" for the organization and that the new coach "plays a fun brand of basketball."

Michael Lee will file a more detailed report later, but here are a few hastily typed quotes and paraphrases from Flip:

"I look forward to the opportunity."

"This is a very unique situation."

"You can make your own luck."

"There's a lot of talk about my huge playbook." It's about 60 percent defense... defense is a priority.

"There was a closeness to the team (during training camp)."

He described the team as a melting pot, with diverse talents. "They blend together."

"When a coach wants something and a player wants something, the coach wins."

In response to a Michael Lee question, presumably about coming so close to reaching the finals: "It makes you thirsty."

"The process starts today."
亮了(0)
回复
Re:写字楼
虎扑游戏中心
步行街主干道最热帖
这副画卖了3亿,画家得了400元,画里的老农民每月80元,这就是资本炒作的力量。
彩礼多要一些,目的是让男方看重自己
如果战争爆发,你们愿意上战场吗?
不懂就问,美国制造业回流了没有?
陈妤颉15岁就参加成人组比赛了,啥水平?
被女生拉黑怎么办?