重拾的F1雄心——头哥的2021-22赛季 1579回复/ 4624424 浏览

全部回帖

收起

“Again we were quite unlucky,” Mundo Deportivo quotes him as having told DAZN F1 in the immediate aftermath of his retirement.

“I think, because for factors that were not in our hands… that Mick spun and touched us or caressed us, because it was also not a strong blow, it destroyed our entire car.

“These are things that look like something out of a movie.

“They are all happening to us at this start of the season, so we have to think about the next one.”

The result of the Emilia Romagna Grand Prix means Alonso has scored just two points this season, a disappointing tally give that his Alpine appears to be a quick car.

He however didn’t finish in Saudi Arabia due to a water pump issue, had tyre troubles in Australia and then crash damage at Imola.

“19 races left,” he said. “Last year, after Imola we had only one point and the year had started a bit negatively, and we finished the year super well, super strong.

“So I hope we can repeat that.”

Distracted as Charles Leclerc spun his Ferrari tagged the barriers but was able to continue, Alonso then added: “We saw yesterday that everyone touches each other at the start, everything happens and normally they are indestructible cars, except ours, which ends up breaking into pieces.

“But as I say, nothing can be done now, we have to think positive and Miami will be a better race.”

Fernando Alonso: Alpine damage was 'like something out of a movie' (planetf1.com)

“Again we were quite unlucky,” Mundo Deportivo quotes him as having told DAZN F1 in the immediate aftermath of his retirement.

“I think, because for factors that were not in our hands… that Mick spun and touched us or caressed us, because it was also not a strong blow, it destroyed our entire car.

“These are things that look like something out of a movie.

“They are all happening to us at this start of the season, so we have to think about the next one.”

The result of the Emilia Romagna Grand Prix means Alonso has scored just two points this season, a disappointing tally give that his Alpine appears to be a quick car.

He however didn’t finish in Saudi Arabia due to a water pump issue, had tyre troubles in Australia and then crash damage at Imola.

“19 races left,” he said. “Last year, after Imola we had only one point and the year had started a bit negatively, and we finished the year super well, super strong.

“So I hope we can repeat that.”

Distracted as Charles Leclerc spun his Ferrari tagged the barriers but was able to continue, Alonso then added: “We saw yesterday that everyone touches each other at the start, everything happens and normally they are indestructible cars, except ours, which ends up breaking into pieces.

“But as I say, nothing can be done now, we have to think positive and Miami will be a better race.”

Fernando Alonso: Alpine damage was 'like something out of a movie' (planetf1.com)

亮了(0)
回复

“The good news is the car is quick,” Szafnauer told Motorsport.com. “One lap pace looks good. We just have to work a little bit on a race pace.

“The bad news is we had Esteban on the back foot because of a gearbox issue. And then him starting in 19th, I think it was kind of good that he ended up 11th.

“But Fernando frustratingly was quick enough to be fifth, and scored nothing again. Mick spun and hit him and that was it, the end of his race.

“Once he damaged the side pod, it flew off, and we had no choice but to pit him. A big hole in the side pod and a lot of damage to the floor, but nothing else, thankfully.”

Szafnauer said that after both drivers experienced tyre issues in the sprint event the race proved to be better for Ocon.

“We had less, because we learned from the sprint. Esteban was the only one who did the race in the end, but we didn't have the same amount of graining that we did in the sprint, and especially on the intermediates it looked like we did a better job than those around him.

“Had we stayed on intermediates I think he would have overtaken some of the cars in front of him, as he was catching.”

Regarding Ocon’s unsafe release penalty Szafnauer added: "He had to go around somebody, which meant the pitstop was slow. But he saw Lewis coming and stayed away from him.

“But then [Lance] Stroll was released in their way too, and he got away with it. It is what it is.”

Alpine must find F1 race pace to complement qualifying - Szafnauer (motorsport.com)

At Imola, following the Emilia Romagna Grand Prix, Esteban Ocon was in action for Alpine, driving the A522 on Tuesday for Pirelli tyre testing duties.

Over the day, the Frenchman pumped in 124 laps, which he explained at this stage represents precious extra track time to understand these new cars.

With only four races gone in the 2022 season, teams and drivers are still at the very early stages of understanding and optimising the new ground-effect challengers.

“So job done today, we just finished the Pirelli tyre test for us at Imola,” said Ocon in a video on Alpine’s Twitter channel.

“124 laps, trouble-free day, a lot understood and more practice for us early in the season, which is quite important.”

Esteban Ocon and Alpine enjoy 'important' early-season track time in Pirelli test (planetf1.com)

“The good news is the car is quick,” Szafnauer told Motorsport.com. “One lap pace looks good. We just have to work a little bit on a race pace.

“The bad news is we had Esteban on the back foot because of a gearbox issue. And then him starting in 19th, I think it was kind of good that he ended up 11th.

“But Fernando frustratingly was quick enough to be fifth, and scored nothing again. Mick spun and hit him and that was it, the end of his race.

“Once he damaged the side pod, it flew off, and we had no choice but to pit him. A big hole in the side pod and a lot of damage to the floor, but nothing else, thankfully.”

Szafnauer said that after both drivers experienced tyre issues in the sprint event the race proved to be better for Ocon.

“We had less, because we learned from the sprint. Esteban was the only one who did the race in the end, but we didn't have the same amount of graining that we did in the sprint, and especially on the intermediates it looked like we did a better job than those around him.

“Had we stayed on intermediates I think he would have overtaken some of the cars in front of him, as he was catching.”

Regarding Ocon’s unsafe release penalty Szafnauer added: "He had to go around somebody, which meant the pitstop was slow. But he saw Lewis coming and stayed away from him.

“But then [Lance] Stroll was released in their way too, and he got away with it. It is what it is.”

Alpine must find F1 race pace to complement qualifying - Szafnauer (motorsport.com)

At Imola, following the Emilia Romagna Grand Prix, Esteban Ocon was in action for Alpine, driving the A522 on Tuesday for Pirelli tyre testing duties.

Over the day, the Frenchman pumped in 124 laps, which he explained at this stage represents precious extra track time to understand these new cars.

With only four races gone in the 2022 season, teams and drivers are still at the very early stages of understanding and optimising the new ground-effect challengers.

“So job done today, we just finished the Pirelli tyre test for us at Imola,” said Ocon in a video on Alpine’s Twitter channel.

“124 laps, trouble-free day, a lot understood and more practice for us early in the season, which is quite important.”

Esteban Ocon and Alpine enjoy 'important' early-season track time in Pirelli test (planetf1.com)

亮了(0)
回复

After four rounds, the general consensus has been one of positivity as the drivers have been able to battle each other wheel-to-wheel for longer, but Alonso acknowledged that he might be a dissenting voice with his own opinions.

"I'm maybe a little bit more negative [than] some others," he told media, including RacingNews365.com, during Friday's press conference at Imola.

"It's easy to follow cars, for sure. Aerodynamically, we don't lose as much downforce as before, but the tyres are still an issue to follow cars. You're still damaging the tyres a lot."

Alonso said the cars are also likely to be quite poor in wet conditions, due to ground effect downforce generated by the car as the speed increases and the floor moves closer to the track.

Having missed the wet-weather running in Barcelona testing due to a car issue, Alonso pointed out that the cars aren't likely to be great at slower speeds.

"In wet conditions, I didn't drive in Barcelona because we had the car problem in the morning, but I guess it's going to be difficult," he added.

"These cars on the slow-speed corners – the slower that you run obviously in wet conditions, that will be a challenge. [There's] also the wet tyres and putting temperature into them."

Alonso points out F1's pecking order changes

But it's in the general pecking order and the resulting gaps that Alonso feels the regulations have made very little impact on.

While the goal was to close up the pack and introduce the possibility of plenty of different winners, Red Bull and Ferrari appear to have a clear edge at the start of the 2022 season.

As a result, Alonso argued that little has changed aside from one front-running team falling back, and another stepping forward.

"The new regs are supposed to bring all the cars closer together, and multiple teams and drivers could win races," he said.

"I think the order of qualifying is still [a] team by team [result], not driver by driver.

"I think that the sport, in general, should keep looking into that and improve it."

Alonso points out the negatives of F1's new regulations | RacingNews365

After four rounds, the general consensus has been one of positivity as the drivers have been able to battle each other wheel-to-wheel for longer, but Alonso acknowledged that he might be a dissenting voice with his own opinions.

"I'm maybe a little bit more negative [than] some others," he told media, including RacingNews365.com, during Friday's press conference at Imola.

"It's easy to follow cars, for sure. Aerodynamically, we don't lose as much downforce as before, but the tyres are still an issue to follow cars. You're still damaging the tyres a lot."

Alonso said the cars are also likely to be quite poor in wet conditions, due to ground effect downforce generated by the car as the speed increases and the floor moves closer to the track.

Having missed the wet-weather running in Barcelona testing due to a car issue, Alonso pointed out that the cars aren't likely to be great at slower speeds.

"In wet conditions, I didn't drive in Barcelona because we had the car problem in the morning, but I guess it's going to be difficult," he added.

"These cars on the slow-speed corners – the slower that you run obviously in wet conditions, that will be a challenge. [There's] also the wet tyres and putting temperature into them."

Alonso points out F1's pecking order changes

But it's in the general pecking order and the resulting gaps that Alonso feels the regulations have made very little impact on.

While the goal was to close up the pack and introduce the possibility of plenty of different winners, Red Bull and Ferrari appear to have a clear edge at the start of the 2022 season.

As a result, Alonso argued that little has changed aside from one front-running team falling back, and another stepping forward.

"The new regs are supposed to bring all the cars closer together, and multiple teams and drivers could win races," he said.

"I think the order of qualifying is still [a] team by team [result], not driver by driver.

"I think that the sport, in general, should keep looking into that and improve it."

Alonso points out the negatives of F1's new regulations | RacingNews365

亮了(0)
回复

OCON’S ALREADY CONVINCED BY ALPINE F1 UPGRADE ALONSO GOT FIRST

23 hours ago

By Edd Straw

Esteban Ocon expects to benefit from the “good gain” of the upgrade package Alpine introduced on team-mate Fernando Alonso’s car at Imola when he also runs it in the next Formula 1 event in Miami.

Despite the rain-affected Friday and Alonso’s early exit from the grand prix after Mick Schumacher’s spinning Haas clipped the side of his car meaning Alpine had relatively little chance to gather data on the upgraded car, Ocon believes the team has seen enough to be sure it is working as hoped.

The package comprised a modified floor and a tweaked beam wing. The Race’s technical expert Gary Anderson suggested the changes to the outboard edges of the floor “should help to induce stronger vortices that improve the sealing of the floor’s rear section as it blends into the diffuser area”.

Ocon ran the old-specification Alpine, but his weekend was compromised by a gearbox problem that prevented him from setting a time in Q1, then a five-second penalty for an unsafe release that dropped him from 11th on-the-road to 14th in the final results.

But he is set to run the new floor and beam wing next time out in Miami.

“I look forward to testing these new performance parts that Fernando had on board this weekend,” said Ocon. “I think it seems to be a good gain from what the team is looking at.

“From FP2, we have enough data to look at what it could give us. I think it should be a good gain from what we see.

“Of course, Fernando qualified fifth, that was really good. We struggled a little bit more in the race but I think it’s still possible to put both cars in the top 10 once we both have this performance upgrade.”

Imola was the first race of the season in which Ocon failed to score, having taken a sixth and two seventh places in the first three grands prix.

The Alpine has proved to be a consistent top-10 runner, with six Q3 appearances out of eight. It was at its strongest in Australia, where Alonso had the pace to make the second row only to suffer a hydraulic problem during Q3 caused by an oil leak and crash as a consequence.

Consistency hasn’t always been a strength for the team in recent years, but Ocon believes that the Alpine A522 is capable of being a top 10 runner as standard.

“We’ve been, on my side, three times in the points in the first three races,” said Ocon.

“The car has had a little bit more or a little bit less performance at times, but we were consistent.

“It’s only this race [Imola] that’s a little bit of a standout, but we broke the gearbox in quali.

“It was a missed opportunity for us this weekend.”

Alpine is now sixth in the constructors’ championship with 22 points, three behind Alfa Romeo.

Alpine CEO Laurent Rossi has tasked the team with cutting out errors that have led to it not scoring as many points as the car pace has promised.

“We must make sure this does not happen again this year as we have much stronger potential than that,” said Rossi after Imola.

“As a team, there are many areas we must improve, and we must also eradicate errors quickly if we are to achieve our ambitious goals.”

Ocon's already convinced by Alpine F1 upgrade Alonso got first - The Race (the-race.com)

OCON’S ALREADY CONVINCED BY ALPINE F1 UPGRADE ALONSO GOT FIRST

23 hours ago

By Edd Straw

Esteban Ocon expects to benefit from the “good gain” of the upgrade package Alpine introduced on team-mate Fernando Alonso’s car at Imola when he also runs it in the next Formula 1 event in Miami.

Despite the rain-affected Friday and Alonso’s early exit from the grand prix after Mick Schumacher’s spinning Haas clipped the side of his car meaning Alpine had relatively little chance to gather data on the upgraded car, Ocon believes the team has seen enough to be sure it is working as hoped.

The package comprised a modified floor and a tweaked beam wing. The Race’s technical expert Gary Anderson suggested the changes to the outboard edges of the floor “should help to induce stronger vortices that improve the sealing of the floor’s rear section as it blends into the diffuser area”.

Ocon ran the old-specification Alpine, but his weekend was compromised by a gearbox problem that prevented him from setting a time in Q1, then a five-second penalty for an unsafe release that dropped him from 11th on-the-road to 14th in the final results.

But he is set to run the new floor and beam wing next time out in Miami.

“I look forward to testing these new performance parts that Fernando had on board this weekend,” said Ocon. “I think it seems to be a good gain from what the team is looking at.

“From FP2, we have enough data to look at what it could give us. I think it should be a good gain from what we see.

“Of course, Fernando qualified fifth, that was really good. We struggled a little bit more in the race but I think it’s still possible to put both cars in the top 10 once we both have this performance upgrade.”

Imola was the first race of the season in which Ocon failed to score, having taken a sixth and two seventh places in the first three grands prix.

The Alpine has proved to be a consistent top-10 runner, with six Q3 appearances out of eight. It was at its strongest in Australia, where Alonso had the pace to make the second row only to suffer a hydraulic problem during Q3 caused by an oil leak and crash as a consequence.

Consistency hasn’t always been a strength for the team in recent years, but Ocon believes that the Alpine A522 is capable of being a top 10 runner as standard.

“We’ve been, on my side, three times in the points in the first three races,” said Ocon.

“The car has had a little bit more or a little bit less performance at times, but we were consistent.

“It’s only this race [Imola] that’s a little bit of a standout, but we broke the gearbox in quali.

“It was a missed opportunity for us this weekend.”

Alpine is now sixth in the constructors’ championship with 22 points, three behind Alfa Romeo.

Alpine CEO Laurent Rossi has tasked the team with cutting out errors that have led to it not scoring as many points as the car pace has promised.

“We must make sure this does not happen again this year as we have much stronger potential than that,” said Rossi after Imola.

“As a team, there are many areas we must improve, and we must also eradicate errors quickly if we are to achieve our ambitious goals.”

Ocon's already convinced by Alpine F1 upgrade Alonso got first - The Race (the-race.com)

亮了(0)
回复

Saward wrote in his latest column: “All the signs in the paddock are that Fernando will soon sign a new two-year deal with Alpine, which will mean that he stays until the end of 2024.

“After that the French firm may wish him to move into its LMDh sports car programme. Fernando is a smart cookie and knows that dumping him would be a negative thing for Alpine.

“But with Oscari Piastri sitting uncomfortably in the wings, Fernando needs not only to perform but also to get support. He has just announced a personal sponsorship deal with Castrol, Alpine’s oil sponsor, which makes it harder for Alpine to move him on. A clever move.”

Fernando Alonso re-signing with Alpine could put Mick Schumacher at risk (planetf1.com)

凭2分续约,头哥你可以的。

Saward wrote in his latest column: “All the signs in the paddock are that Fernando will soon sign a new two-year deal with Alpine, which will mean that he stays until the end of 2024.

“After that the French firm may wish him to move into its LMDh sports car programme. Fernando is a smart cookie and knows that dumping him would be a negative thing for Alpine.

“But with Oscari Piastri sitting uncomfortably in the wings, Fernando needs not only to perform but also to get support. He has just announced a personal sponsorship deal with Castrol, Alpine’s oil sponsor, which makes it harder for Alpine to move him on. A clever move.”

Fernando Alonso re-signing with Alpine could put Mick Schumacher at risk (planetf1.com)

凭2分续约,头哥你可以的。

亮了(0)
回复

Fernando Alonso has offered his verdict on the debate surrounding Lewis Hamilton's performances in 2022, saying "it's Formula 1".

Mercedes driver Hamilton finds himself seventh in the World Championship standings after four races, having picked up just 28 points.

Following the Emilia Romagna Grand Prix, an event at which Hamilton qualified and finished outside the top 10 for the first time since the 2009 German Grand Prix, his team boss Toto Wolff took to the radio to apologise for the "undriveable car" Mercedes had supplied him with.

But in seemingly equal machinery, younger teammate George Russell has been praised for his fine performances, and is yet to finish a race outside the top five.

"It's Formula 1. It has been like this always," quipped Alonso, speaking to members of the media, including RacingNews365.com, when asked for his verdict on Hamilton.

"When [Ayrton] Senna won the championships and the races, he had the fastest car. When I won the championship, I had the fastest car. Michael [Schumacher] had the fastest car. Lewis broke all the records and pole positions because he had the fastest car.

"Today, Lewis is driving super well and he's P13. It's Formula 1."

"There is no race at the moment," said Alonso, when asked if he has enjoyed fighting with drivers and teams at the front this season.

"It is like fighting with Lewis last year, or Verstappen. They start last and they finished on the podium still, so there is not much to fight."

Alonso wades in on Hamilton debate amid Mercedes struggles | RacingNews365

Fernando Alonso has offered his verdict on the debate surrounding Lewis Hamilton's performances in 2022, saying "it's Formula 1".

Mercedes driver Hamilton finds himself seventh in the World Championship standings after four races, having picked up just 28 points.

Following the Emilia Romagna Grand Prix, an event at which Hamilton qualified and finished outside the top 10 for the first time since the 2009 German Grand Prix, his team boss Toto Wolff took to the radio to apologise for the "undriveable car" Mercedes had supplied him with.

But in seemingly equal machinery, younger teammate George Russell has been praised for his fine performances, and is yet to finish a race outside the top five.

"It's Formula 1. It has been like this always," quipped Alonso, speaking to members of the media, including RacingNews365.com, when asked for his verdict on Hamilton.

"When [Ayrton] Senna won the championships and the races, he had the fastest car. When I won the championship, I had the fastest car. Michael [Schumacher] had the fastest car. Lewis broke all the records and pole positions because he had the fastest car.

"Today, Lewis is driving super well and he's P13. It's Formula 1."

"There is no race at the moment," said Alonso, when asked if he has enjoyed fighting with drivers and teams at the front this season.

"It is like fighting with Lewis last year, or Verstappen. They start last and they finished on the podium still, so there is not much to fight."

Alonso wades in on Hamilton debate amid Mercedes struggles | RacingNews365

亮了(0)
回复

And according to Berger, Alonso said that he will at some stage come to DTM.

“He has to do a few other things first, he told me, but he will join us at some point,” Berger told F1-Insider.

Alonso is not the only driver who has made Formula 1 appearances in 2022 that Berger would like to bring to DTM.

Nico Hulkenberg made two stand-in appearances for Sebastian Vettel at Aston Martin at the start of the 2022 season, performances which impressed Berger, considering that Hulkenberg had not been actively racing in another series before that.

“Hulkenberg is at the top of my wish list,” Berger confirmed.

“After all, he has replaced Sebastian Vettel in Formula 1 in the best possible way, practically from the sofa.”

As for Vettel, Berger is interested in working alongside the four-time Formula 1 World Champion, but not necessarily on the driving side.

Instead, he thinks the “clever” Vettel would be a great “partner” to bring onboard.

“I would love to have Sebastian as a partner,” said Berger.

“He’s a clever guy who I think will need other tasks in the future than racing.”

Berger, who attended the Emilia Romagna Grand Prix at Imola, revealed the names of some former Formula 1 drivers who had shown an interest in DTM.

“Jacques Villeneuve, the 1997 Formula 1 World Champion: He would also like to start in DTM,” Berger revealed.

“Likewise Felipe Massa.”

Fernando Alonso heads Gerhard Berger’s Formula 1 targets for DTM (planetf1.com)

And according to Berger, Alonso said that he will at some stage come to DTM.

“He has to do a few other things first, he told me, but he will join us at some point,” Berger told F1-Insider.

Alonso is not the only driver who has made Formula 1 appearances in 2022 that Berger would like to bring to DTM.

Nico Hulkenberg made two stand-in appearances for Sebastian Vettel at Aston Martin at the start of the 2022 season, performances which impressed Berger, considering that Hulkenberg had not been actively racing in another series before that.

“Hulkenberg is at the top of my wish list,” Berger confirmed.

“After all, he has replaced Sebastian Vettel in Formula 1 in the best possible way, practically from the sofa.”

As for Vettel, Berger is interested in working alongside the four-time Formula 1 World Champion, but not necessarily on the driving side.

Instead, he thinks the “clever” Vettel would be a great “partner” to bring onboard.

“I would love to have Sebastian as a partner,” said Berger.

“He’s a clever guy who I think will need other tasks in the future than racing.”

Berger, who attended the Emilia Romagna Grand Prix at Imola, revealed the names of some former Formula 1 drivers who had shown an interest in DTM.

“Jacques Villeneuve, the 1997 Formula 1 World Champion: He would also like to start in DTM,” Berger revealed.

“Likewise Felipe Massa.”

Fernando Alonso heads Gerhard Berger’s Formula 1 targets for DTM (planetf1.com)

亮了(0)
回复

VETTEL’S NEW APPRECIATION (AND ODD ANALOGY) FOR F1’S MIDFIELD

18 hours ago

By Edd Straw

Sebastian Vettel admits he once “did not appreciate” how hard teams at the back of the grid work in Formula 1.

Aston Martin has endured a difficult start to the season, which follows a tough 2021 campaign during which Vettel produced its high point of second in the Azerbaijan Grand Prix.

The Aston Martin AMR22’s pace has been contained contained by running at higher ride heights than anticipated to mitigate its porpoising problem, with floor damage sustained if the car runs too low.

Aston Martin broke its points duck for 2022 with Vettel eighth and team-mate Lance Stroll 10th at Imola last weekend, with Vettel describing the result as “very important”.

This is because it at least offers a small reward for the enormous amount of work done by the team to get the best out of a car that isn’t working as hoped.

“It’s harsh,” said Vettel. “You work your arse off and you know when you have a good package it’s easy to score good results. Then it’s about perfection to deliver the perfect result.

“But the work that goes in at the back of the field – which to be honest for many years I did not appreciate as much because I wasn’t there – it’s the same work that goes in from all the people in the team.

“And it’s even harder because you don’t get any cookie or any reward after the race. Try and make your dog jump without a cookie to please him afterwards, it’s hard.

“It’s good for them, and I’m happy for the team and good to get both cars in the points as well.”

Vettel joined Aston Martin last year after six seasons at Ferrari, having previously been at Red Bull at its peak and won his four titles there. His only other period at a midfield-sized team was his initial season-and-a-half in F1 at Toro Rosso, though he won the 2008 Italian GP even while there.

Despite question marks over whether Vettel will continue with Aston Martin next year, his contribution on and off track means he’s held in high regard by the team.

Vettel had a difficult time on his first outing of the year in Australia after missing the opening two grands prix thanks to COVID, ultimately crashing out of the race.

But he bounced back at Imola, making Q3 thanks to producing a strong banker lap early in Q2 then finishing eighth on Sunday.

Team principal Mike Krack described keeping hold of Vettel next year as important, not only because he represents continuity in the line-up but also because of his qualities as a driver.

One of the strengths Krack cited was Vettel’s work ethic, which is something that has been a characteristic throughout his F1 career with BMW Sauber, Toro Rosso, Red Bull, Ferrari and Aston Martin.

“It is very, very important,” said Krack when asked about the importance of keeping Vettel.

“First of all, because of the continuity. That continuity is always something very important.

“And then also the work ethic, the speed, the experience. If you have somebody like him in the team, it is of great added value. He has a lot of ideas, he is pushing hard.

“At the same time, he is realistic about what we can do at the moment. And tries to do his best.

“So all in all it’s very good, because you have other drivers that have driven on a higher level, which become very impatient and become very, very difficult to manage.

“And that is not the case with Sebastian. This is super helpful for us.”

Krack also paid tribute to the reaction of the whole team after its dismal Australia weekend a fortnight before the Emilia Romagna GP.

Multiple crashes for Stroll and Vettel in Australia left the team low on spares at Imola, but an error-free weekend ensured that this did not compromise its weekend.

“Australia was obviously very hard for all the people that worked really, really hard, also at the factory,” said Krack. “We had no spares anymore.

“It was a very good reaction from all the team who were super ready, super prepared, back at Silverstone in mission control, and also here.

“It was a great team effort. It was nice that we tried to make it happen like that and it also happened.”

Vettel’s new appreciation (and odd analogy) for F1's midfield - The Race (the-race.com)

VETTEL’S NEW APPRECIATION (AND ODD ANALOGY) FOR F1’S MIDFIELD

18 hours ago

By Edd Straw

Sebastian Vettel admits he once “did not appreciate” how hard teams at the back of the grid work in Formula 1.

Aston Martin has endured a difficult start to the season, which follows a tough 2021 campaign during which Vettel produced its high point of second in the Azerbaijan Grand Prix.

The Aston Martin AMR22’s pace has been contained contained by running at higher ride heights than anticipated to mitigate its porpoising problem, with floor damage sustained if the car runs too low.

Aston Martin broke its points duck for 2022 with Vettel eighth and team-mate Lance Stroll 10th at Imola last weekend, with Vettel describing the result as “very important”.

This is because it at least offers a small reward for the enormous amount of work done by the team to get the best out of a car that isn’t working as hoped.

“It’s harsh,” said Vettel. “You work your arse off and you know when you have a good package it’s easy to score good results. Then it’s about perfection to deliver the perfect result.

“But the work that goes in at the back of the field – which to be honest for many years I did not appreciate as much because I wasn’t there – it’s the same work that goes in from all the people in the team.

“And it’s even harder because you don’t get any cookie or any reward after the race. Try and make your dog jump without a cookie to please him afterwards, it’s hard.

“It’s good for them, and I’m happy for the team and good to get both cars in the points as well.”

Vettel joined Aston Martin last year after six seasons at Ferrari, having previously been at Red Bull at its peak and won his four titles there. His only other period at a midfield-sized team was his initial season-and-a-half in F1 at Toro Rosso, though he won the 2008 Italian GP even while there.

Despite question marks over whether Vettel will continue with Aston Martin next year, his contribution on and off track means he’s held in high regard by the team.

Vettel had a difficult time on his first outing of the year in Australia after missing the opening two grands prix thanks to COVID, ultimately crashing out of the race.

But he bounced back at Imola, making Q3 thanks to producing a strong banker lap early in Q2 then finishing eighth on Sunday.

Team principal Mike Krack described keeping hold of Vettel next year as important, not only because he represents continuity in the line-up but also because of his qualities as a driver.

One of the strengths Krack cited was Vettel’s work ethic, which is something that has been a characteristic throughout his F1 career with BMW Sauber, Toro Rosso, Red Bull, Ferrari and Aston Martin.

“It is very, very important,” said Krack when asked about the importance of keeping Vettel.

“First of all, because of the continuity. That continuity is always something very important.

“And then also the work ethic, the speed, the experience. If you have somebody like him in the team, it is of great added value. He has a lot of ideas, he is pushing hard.

“At the same time, he is realistic about what we can do at the moment. And tries to do his best.

“So all in all it’s very good, because you have other drivers that have driven on a higher level, which become very impatient and become very, very difficult to manage.

“And that is not the case with Sebastian. This is super helpful for us.”

Krack also paid tribute to the reaction of the whole team after its dismal Australia weekend a fortnight before the Emilia Romagna GP.

Multiple crashes for Stroll and Vettel in Australia left the team low on spares at Imola, but an error-free weekend ensured that this did not compromise its weekend.

“Australia was obviously very hard for all the people that worked really, really hard, also at the factory,” said Krack. “We had no spares anymore.

“It was a very good reaction from all the team who were super ready, super prepared, back at Silverstone in mission control, and also here.

“It was a great team effort. It was nice that we tried to make it happen like that and it also happened.”

Vettel’s new appreciation (and odd analogy) for F1's midfield - The Race (the-race.com)

亮了(0)
回复

Ocon described Alonso as a “legend” and said he was up there with Michael Schumacher and Ayrton Senna when it came to the sport’s greats, but some suggested the Frenchman may struggle having the personality of Alonso alongside him.

That is, however, not an opinion shared by the CEO of Renault, Luca De Meo. When it was put to him about the negative impact Alonso could have on Ocon’s development, the 54-year-old Italian disagreed and described their relationship as a “classic teacher-student dynamic”.

“On the contrary, that’s where you can see the team spirit we were talking about,” De Meo told Corriere dello Sport. “We only had one upgraded car for Imola and instead of giving it to Ocon, who is ahead in the standings, we gave it to Fernando, who has been unlucky so far.

“Last year, Esteban saw the collaboration with Alonso as a great opportunity. A classic teacher-student dynamic, an exchange of information that continues.

“The drivers are heroes who go nowhere without the team. Even when it looked like they were clashing, they were actually pulling each other’s strings. At least, that is what they both told me. We don’t think the first/second driver logic is right.”

“There are more resources for development during the season and we have a better structured organisation,” he said.

“We have put in or moved around important figures like [Matt] Harman, [Otmar] Szafnauer, [Bruno] Famin, Pat Fry. I thought it would take a year to get the deck in order. We weren’t messing around, we always had a plan – to set up a homogeneous team. That was probably what we lacked in the beginning. The label of third-place contenders is stuck on us from the outside.”

Even so, the Italian kept his cards close to his chest and when asked what his realistic expectations for the season were, he said: “Put everyone in a position to work at their best.”

“I am wary of those who explain when and why they will win the World Championship,” he added.

Fernando Alonso and Esteban Ocon is a "classic teacher-student dynamic" at Alpine (planetf1.com)

Ocon described Alonso as a “legend” and said he was up there with Michael Schumacher and Ayrton Senna when it came to the sport’s greats, but some suggested the Frenchman may struggle having the personality of Alonso alongside him.

That is, however, not an opinion shared by the CEO of Renault, Luca De Meo. When it was put to him about the negative impact Alonso could have on Ocon’s development, the 54-year-old Italian disagreed and described their relationship as a “classic teacher-student dynamic”.

“On the contrary, that’s where you can see the team spirit we were talking about,” De Meo told Corriere dello Sport. “We only had one upgraded car for Imola and instead of giving it to Ocon, who is ahead in the standings, we gave it to Fernando, who has been unlucky so far.

“Last year, Esteban saw the collaboration with Alonso as a great opportunity. A classic teacher-student dynamic, an exchange of information that continues.

“The drivers are heroes who go nowhere without the team. Even when it looked like they were clashing, they were actually pulling each other’s strings. At least, that is what they both told me. We don’t think the first/second driver logic is right.”

“There are more resources for development during the season and we have a better structured organisation,” he said.

“We have put in or moved around important figures like [Matt] Harman, [Otmar] Szafnauer, [Bruno] Famin, Pat Fry. I thought it would take a year to get the deck in order. We weren’t messing around, we always had a plan – to set up a homogeneous team. That was probably what we lacked in the beginning. The label of third-place contenders is stuck on us from the outside.”

Even so, the Italian kept his cards close to his chest and when asked what his realistic expectations for the season were, he said: “Put everyone in a position to work at their best.”

“I am wary of those who explain when and why they will win the World Championship,” he added.

Fernando Alonso and Esteban Ocon is a "classic teacher-student dynamic" at Alpine (planetf1.com)

亮了(0)
回复

Sebastian Vettel may be in his final season at Aston Martin, reports F1-Insider.com. According to the medium, team owner Lawrence Stroll would be interested in Fernando Alonso who he sees as an ideal replacement for Vettel.

'Aston Martin may want to replace Vettel for Alonso' (gpblog.com)

"自抬身价"又一季。

Two-Time F1 Champion Fernando Alonso and SimplyEV Debut Kimoa E-Bike at Miami Grand Prix Week

The Formula One driver’s sustainable mobility Kimoa brand is debuting its fully customizable carbon fiber e-bike powered by 3D printing firm Arevo.

Two-Time F1 Champion Fernando Alonso and SimplyEV Debut Kimoa E-Bike at Miami Grand Prix Week | Business Wire

头老板的生意目测我消费不起……

Sebastian Vettel may be in his final season at Aston Martin, reports F1-Insider.com. According to the medium, team owner Lawrence Stroll would be interested in Fernando Alonso who he sees as an ideal replacement for Vettel.

'Aston Martin may want to replace Vettel for Alonso' (gpblog.com)

"自抬身价"又一季。

Two-Time F1 Champion Fernando Alonso and SimplyEV Debut Kimoa E-Bike at Miami Grand Prix Week

The Formula One driver’s sustainable mobility Kimoa brand is debuting its fully customizable carbon fiber e-bike powered by 3D printing firm Arevo.

Two-Time F1 Champion Fernando Alonso and SimplyEV Debut Kimoa E-Bike at Miami Grand Prix Week | Business Wire

头老板的生意目测我消费不起……

亮了(0)
回复

“We had to ensure that we had a race track that had enough of a ‘Jekyll and Hyde’ personality,” said Bowen. This included “sections with [gradient] change and a lot of traction which require a soft set-up on a car, then some super high-speed sections where you want to have a stiff setup to get the best from aero performance and therefore lateral grip through the corners.”

The positioning of some barriers has been configured to provoke mistakes from drivers, he added. “The sequence from turn 13 through to 16 is where we thread the needle under the turnpike overpasses,” said Bowen. “Going into turn 14, you don’t see the apex of turn 15 until you’re on the apex of turn 14. It’s what we call a ‘mistake generator’ so the opportunity for drivers to gain position because somebody in front overdrives is quite high.”

RaceFans Round up: "Mistake generator" awaits F1 drivers at Miami

Esteban Ocon: Miami circuit has similarities with Baku | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports

“We had to ensure that we had a race track that had enough of a ‘Jekyll and Hyde’ personality,” said Bowen. This included “sections with [gradient] change and a lot of traction which require a soft set-up on a car, then some super high-speed sections where you want to have a stiff setup to get the best from aero performance and therefore lateral grip through the corners.”

The positioning of some barriers has been configured to provoke mistakes from drivers, he added. “The sequence from turn 13 through to 16 is where we thread the needle under the turnpike overpasses,” said Bowen. “Going into turn 14, you don’t see the apex of turn 15 until you’re on the apex of turn 14. It’s what we call a ‘mistake generator’ so the opportunity for drivers to gain position because somebody in front overdrives is quite high.”

RaceFans Round up: "Mistake generator" awaits F1 drivers at Miami

Esteban Ocon: Miami circuit has similarities with Baku | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports

亮了(0)
回复

“It has been [tough to only have two points],” said Alonso. “It feels a little bit strange to have two points in the championship after having probably my best start to the season in terms of competitiveness in the last 10 years, maybe [since] 2012.

“[In that time] I was not as competitive as I've felt in these first four races, so we've been extremely unlucky with some of the events that happened. [I lost] very easy sixth in Saudi, obviously the problems in Melbourne with qualifying and then in the race, and then again in Lap 1 in Imola, we were out of the race.

“We've been quite competitive every session that we did so far this year; I think we are top six, top seven, and that didn't happen for sure in my McLaren years, or the last few seasons in Ferrari, or last year with Alpine. So that's the facts that I'm referring to.

“So, it's a matter of time until the result will come. I feel strong, I feel fast now, the car also feels good, so really looking forward to the race weekend.”

Alonso says he’s enjoyed the best start to a season ‘in 10 years’ in 2022 | Formula 1®

“It has been [tough to only have two points],” said Alonso. “It feels a little bit strange to have two points in the championship after having probably my best start to the season in terms of competitiveness in the last 10 years, maybe [since] 2012.

“[In that time] I was not as competitive as I've felt in these first four races, so we've been extremely unlucky with some of the events that happened. [I lost] very easy sixth in Saudi, obviously the problems in Melbourne with qualifying and then in the race, and then again in Lap 1 in Imola, we were out of the race.

“We've been quite competitive every session that we did so far this year; I think we are top six, top seven, and that didn't happen for sure in my McLaren years, or the last few seasons in Ferrari, or last year with Alpine. So that's the facts that I'm referring to.

“So, it's a matter of time until the result will come. I feel strong, I feel fast now, the car also feels good, so really looking forward to the race weekend.”

Alonso says he’s enjoyed the best start to a season ‘in 10 years’ in 2022 | Formula 1®

亮了(0)
回复

"Fernando Alonso: 'Painful' qualifying session in Miami" (formula1.com)

Q2那圈被一辆法拉利交通了……

咱头哥这脸上长肉了啊,我怎么看着神情越发像他五六岁时候那张照片上的他了,哈哈哈哈哈

"Fernando Alonso: 'Painful' qualifying session in Miami" (formula1.com)

Q2那圈被一辆法拉利交通了……

咱头哥这脸上长肉了啊,我怎么看着神情越发像他五六岁时候那张照片上的他了,哈哈哈哈哈

亮了(0)
回复

啥时候咱大头能转运~~

啥时候咱大头能转运~~

亮了(1)
回复

ALONSO’S RACE REFLECTED BEST AND WORST OF HIS F1 COMEBACK

18 hours ago

By Scott Mitchell

An inspired opening lap and a misleadingly mediocre result made the Miami Grand Prix an excellent reflection of the best and worst of Fernando Alonso’s Formula 1 comeback so far.

Alonso’s return to F1 since joining Alpine in 2021 has generally been characterised by tremendous racecraft, plenty of self-adulation, grievances with the officials or his fellow drivers, and a sense that race results and championship standings do not do justice to the level the now 41-year-old is still performing at.

Alonso’s Miami weekend, particularly the race, had all of the above: blocked in qualifying and denied his rightful grid position as a result, the best first lap of any driver (and a brief brush with Lewis Hamilton along the way), a feisty first stint, a couple of dashes of controversy, and somehow a point-less finish.

Let’s start with the good. If you believe Alonso, the rise from 11th to eighth on the first lap was largely down to a moment of inspiration on the parade lap.

He explained: “I had a good start but then I chose to go on the outside on Turn 1, I saw it on the drivers’ parade – the slowest drivers’ parade ever, we stopped at Turn 1 on the outside.

“I was looking at the outside of Turn 1 for 20 seconds and felt it was very grippy and there were no marbles, no stones, no nothing, it was very clean.

“So, I said, ‘I will go on the outside at Turn 1’. They were all braking carefully on the inside, and I made a lot of places there.”

The contact with Pierre Gasly that earned Alonso a five-second penalty later in the race was an uncharacteristic misjudgement in battle by the two-time world champion but what followed was a return to the usual narrative.

Alonso picked up another five-second penalty for skipping the chicane after the safety car restart, which some have suggested was a deliberate attempt to break the DRS to Mick Schumacher behind – helping both Alonso and Alpine team-mate Esteban Ocon, who attacked Schumacher just a couple of corners later.

The first penalty had dropped Alonso from eighth to ninth but the second penalty dropped him out of the points altogether. Which brings us to the ridiculously low return in Alonso’s 2022 season so far: two points from five races.

There are three seasons in Alonso’s long career with worse starts than this: 2001, when he was a rookie at Minardi, and the woeful 2015 and 2017 seasons with McLaren and its terribly unreliable and/or uncompetitive Honda engine.

Alpine boss Otmar Szafnauer, speaking before Alonso’s second penalty was confirmed, tried to play this down post-race.

“I think he’s absolutely fine,” said Szafnauer. “He’s still pushing for more as Fernando does.

“He should have started higher up again. He just missed out on Q3 by a little bit and we had the pace of a [Valtteri] Bottas or Hamilton in qualifying.

“Once you start up there it’s a different race. We need to put it together for Fernando. And we will do that in the future and score more points.”

Alonso not finishing as high up as he probably should is not really specific to his comeback. The story of his career for almost a decade now has been lacking the machinery worthy of his own ability and performances.

There is at least no evidence of him succumbing to the situation, though, and letting his level drop. What has been consistent even since the start of 2021 is that Alonso seems relatively at ease with what’s happening – as if he knew the Renault works team was a gamble, is pleased to be back in F1 regardless, and is prepared to simply fight for whatever result is achievable.

The Alpine is a much more competitive and consistent package this year than in 2022, though. And that will both encourage and frustrate Alonso. The good news is he knows he can actually fight for better results. The bad news is those results aren’t coming.

“We are as frustrated as he is,” said Alpine CEO Laurent Rossi during the Miami weekend.

“I’m frustrated. He has only two points, I think, and if you ask people they probably think he’s fourth in the championship because he’s always up there.

“So, it’s been fairly unlucky. All of the glitches that we encountered, and/or problems on the track were almost constantly on this side.

“Hopefully, the tables are going to turn a bit and he’s going to show that indeed he is in absolutely brilliant shape.”

While there is no doubting Rossi’s assessment Alonso is in such good form, he and Alonso will need to wait a bit longer for the tables to turn. Surely, with a car and driver as competitive as this combination looks in 2022, that will happen sooner rather than later.

Until then, sitting in 16th place in the championship five races into a season in which he probably has the fourth- or fifth-fastest car feels like the quintessential Alonso experience.

Alonso's race reflected best and worst of his F1 comeback - The Race (the-race.com)

ALONSO’S RACE REFLECTED BEST AND WORST OF HIS F1 COMEBACK

18 hours ago

By Scott Mitchell

An inspired opening lap and a misleadingly mediocre result made the Miami Grand Prix an excellent reflection of the best and worst of Fernando Alonso’s Formula 1 comeback so far.

Alonso’s return to F1 since joining Alpine in 2021 has generally been characterised by tremendous racecraft, plenty of self-adulation, grievances with the officials or his fellow drivers, and a sense that race results and championship standings do not do justice to the level the now 41-year-old is still performing at.

Alonso’s Miami weekend, particularly the race, had all of the above: blocked in qualifying and denied his rightful grid position as a result, the best first lap of any driver (and a brief brush with Lewis Hamilton along the way), a feisty first stint, a couple of dashes of controversy, and somehow a point-less finish.

Let’s start with the good. If you believe Alonso, the rise from 11th to eighth on the first lap was largely down to a moment of inspiration on the parade lap.

He explained: “I had a good start but then I chose to go on the outside on Turn 1, I saw it on the drivers’ parade – the slowest drivers’ parade ever, we stopped at Turn 1 on the outside.

“I was looking at the outside of Turn 1 for 20 seconds and felt it was very grippy and there were no marbles, no stones, no nothing, it was very clean.

“So, I said, ‘I will go on the outside at Turn 1’. They were all braking carefully on the inside, and I made a lot of places there.”

The contact with Pierre Gasly that earned Alonso a five-second penalty later in the race was an uncharacteristic misjudgement in battle by the two-time world champion but what followed was a return to the usual narrative.

Alonso picked up another five-second penalty for skipping the chicane after the safety car restart, which some have suggested was a deliberate attempt to break the DRS to Mick Schumacher behind – helping both Alonso and Alpine team-mate Esteban Ocon, who attacked Schumacher just a couple of corners later.

The first penalty had dropped Alonso from eighth to ninth but the second penalty dropped him out of the points altogether. Which brings us to the ridiculously low return in Alonso’s 2022 season so far: two points from five races.

There are three seasons in Alonso’s long career with worse starts than this: 2001, when he was a rookie at Minardi, and the woeful 2015 and 2017 seasons with McLaren and its terribly unreliable and/or uncompetitive Honda engine.

Alpine boss Otmar Szafnauer, speaking before Alonso’s second penalty was confirmed, tried to play this down post-race.

“I think he’s absolutely fine,” said Szafnauer. “He’s still pushing for more as Fernando does.

“He should have started higher up again. He just missed out on Q3 by a little bit and we had the pace of a [Valtteri] Bottas or Hamilton in qualifying.

“Once you start up there it’s a different race. We need to put it together for Fernando. And we will do that in the future and score more points.”

Alonso not finishing as high up as he probably should is not really specific to his comeback. The story of his career for almost a decade now has been lacking the machinery worthy of his own ability and performances.

There is at least no evidence of him succumbing to the situation, though, and letting his level drop. What has been consistent even since the start of 2021 is that Alonso seems relatively at ease with what’s happening – as if he knew the Renault works team was a gamble, is pleased to be back in F1 regardless, and is prepared to simply fight for whatever result is achievable.

The Alpine is a much more competitive and consistent package this year than in 2022, though. And that will both encourage and frustrate Alonso. The good news is he knows he can actually fight for better results. The bad news is those results aren’t coming.

“We are as frustrated as he is,” said Alpine CEO Laurent Rossi during the Miami weekend.

“I’m frustrated. He has only two points, I think, and if you ask people they probably think he’s fourth in the championship because he’s always up there.

“So, it’s been fairly unlucky. All of the glitches that we encountered, and/or problems on the track were almost constantly on this side.

“Hopefully, the tables are going to turn a bit and he’s going to show that indeed he is in absolutely brilliant shape.”

While there is no doubting Rossi’s assessment Alonso is in such good form, he and Alonso will need to wait a bit longer for the tables to turn. Surely, with a car and driver as competitive as this combination looks in 2022, that will happen sooner rather than later.

Until then, sitting in 16th place in the championship five races into a season in which he probably has the fourth- or fifth-fastest car feels like the quintessential Alonso experience.

Alonso's race reflected best and worst of his F1 comeback - The Race (the-race.com)

亮了(0)
回复

​Started: 20th Finished: 8th

QUALIFYING

Ocon was unable to participate in qualifying thanks to cracking the monocoque in an FP3 shunt. He spun exiting Turn 13, hitting the wall at Turn 14 hard enough to trigger the g-force sensor and force a mandatory trip to the medical centre despite the relatively low speed.

RACE

Rose from the back of the grid to eighth in the final classification not through a hard-charging drive, but through an intelligently-executed long first stint on hards before changing to softs under the safety car. That left him 10th, chasing Schumacher, but his attempt to pass him at Turn 17 didn’t work out, simply allowing Vettel to get ahead of both. But the subsequent collision between Vettel and Schumacher, along with Alonso’s penalties, added up to eighth place.

Verdict: His practice shunt hurts his rating badly, even though he drove a battling race carrying physical after-effects from the shunt.

​Started: 11th Finished: 11th

QUALIFYING

Had the pace to make Q3, but traffic in the form of Sainz through the Turn 11-16 section “destroyed my lap”.

He was also compromised by traffic at the start of the lap, with wheelspin as he exited Turn 17 preceding a few moments early on his flier. But without Sainz, who did what he could to get out of the way, would have been in Q3 given he was only 0.036s off.

RACEC

limbed to seventh at the start after capitalising on the grip he spotted on the outside line while on the drivers’ parade. That became eighth when Hamilton inevitably repassed him. Alonso was still eighth-on-the-road at the finish but by then had clattered into Gasly – he accepted the blame – and earned a five-second penalty. He then got a second penalty for cutting the track, dropping him to 11th at the chequered flag.

Verdict: Rapid and unfortunate but ultimately the misjudgements that cost him points damage his rating.

Edd Straw's 2022 Miami Grand Prix F1 driver ratings - The Race (the-race.com)

​Started: 20th Finished: 8th

QUALIFYING

Ocon was unable to participate in qualifying thanks to cracking the monocoque in an FP3 shunt. He spun exiting Turn 13, hitting the wall at Turn 14 hard enough to trigger the g-force sensor and force a mandatory trip to the medical centre despite the relatively low speed.

RACE

Rose from the back of the grid to eighth in the final classification not through a hard-charging drive, but through an intelligently-executed long first stint on hards before changing to softs under the safety car. That left him 10th, chasing Schumacher, but his attempt to pass him at Turn 17 didn’t work out, simply allowing Vettel to get ahead of both. But the subsequent collision between Vettel and Schumacher, along with Alonso’s penalties, added up to eighth place.

Verdict: His practice shunt hurts his rating badly, even though he drove a battling race carrying physical after-effects from the shunt.

​Started: 11th Finished: 11th

QUALIFYING

Had the pace to make Q3, but traffic in the form of Sainz through the Turn 11-16 section “destroyed my lap”.

He was also compromised by traffic at the start of the lap, with wheelspin as he exited Turn 17 preceding a few moments early on his flier. But without Sainz, who did what he could to get out of the way, would have been in Q3 given he was only 0.036s off.

RACEC

limbed to seventh at the start after capitalising on the grip he spotted on the outside line while on the drivers’ parade. That became eighth when Hamilton inevitably repassed him. Alonso was still eighth-on-the-road at the finish but by then had clattered into Gasly – he accepted the blame – and earned a five-second penalty. He then got a second penalty for cutting the track, dropping him to 11th at the chequered flag.

Verdict: Rapid and unfortunate but ultimately the misjudgements that cost him points damage his rating.

Edd Straw's 2022 Miami Grand Prix F1 driver ratings - The Race (the-race.com)

亮了(0)
回复

WHAT WILL DECIDE WHETHER ALONSO STAYS IN F1 INTO HIS MID-40s

Apr 15 2022

By Edd Straw

Fernando Alonso said in the build-up to the Australian Grand Prix that he expects to race in Formula 1 for another “two or three more years”.

The Alpine driver turns 41 in July and is just 14 races away from breaking Kimi Raikkonen’s record of 349 world championship F1 race starts.

If he does indeed stay in F1 for three further seasons, his career could run until he’s 44, he could notch up something in the region of 430 GP starts and finally retire nearly a quarter of a century after his debut as a 19-year-old with Minardi in 2001.

He’s showed no signs of considering F1 retirement as being in his short-term future, to the point where he bristles when the subject of his age is raised at all.

Alonso’s comment last week came in response to a question he was asked about any possible pressure on his drive given Alpine has 21-year-old rising star Oscar Piastri on its books.

Piastri has a busy programme of testing F1 machinery and simulator running this year in his role as reserve driver, with his ability and track record demanding an F1 race seat next year.

And with Esteban Ocon signed up to the end of 2024, if Piastri gets a full-time race seat with Alpine next year, it would likely have to come at Alonso’s expense.

“Obviously, if I was 25 there would not be this talk,” said Alonso. “It’s an age thing.

“People try to find a way for the young talents, but I think this is about performance. And last year, I think I did well. I finished slightly in front of Esteban. Let’s see this year, how the battle goes!

“This is about performance, not about age. As I said at the beginning of the year, I still feel competitive and fast and I feel that I’m enjoying Formula 1.

“So we’ll race, I guess, a couple more years – two or three more years. And if it’s with Alpine, it will be good, if it’s with another team, it will be good as well.

“I will start these discussions probably in summer.”

Alonso is right to point to performance as a key factor. There’s no objective way to evaluate whether or not Alonso is still performing at his best as age does inevitably catch up even with the best, but he’s clearly operating at a high level.

His Melbourne weekend didn’t go as hoped, with 10th in qualifying after an o-ring problem led to a hydraulics failure preventing him downshifting to third and led to him crashing at Turn 11.

He then finished 17th – and last – with strategy going against him and leading to struggles in traffic in his second stint prior to a late, futile, pitstop to chase fastest lap.

But Alonso himself was still driving well. He indicated it was “my best weekend in years”, and the fact he’s scored just two points so far this year belies the fact he has started the season well in terms of his personal performance.

As he pointed out, he had the edge over Ocon last year and has continued to do so in 2022 even though there have been times when the Frenchman has been quicker.

It was interesting that Alonso mentioned that there was even a possibility of him continuing in F1 elsewhere. A move to another team isn’t out of the question, as although the driver market landscape for ’23 is still unclear, he has been linked to Aston Martin before and Sebastian Vettel’s future remains uncertain.

What will decide whether Alonso stays in F1 into his mid-40s - The Race (the-race.com)

WHAT WILL DECIDE WHETHER ALONSO STAYS IN F1 INTO HIS MID-40s

Apr 15 2022

By Edd Straw

Fernando Alonso said in the build-up to the Australian Grand Prix that he expects to race in Formula 1 for another “two or three more years”.

The Alpine driver turns 41 in July and is just 14 races away from breaking Kimi Raikkonen’s record of 349 world championship F1 race starts.

If he does indeed stay in F1 for three further seasons, his career could run until he’s 44, he could notch up something in the region of 430 GP starts and finally retire nearly a quarter of a century after his debut as a 19-year-old with Minardi in 2001.

He’s showed no signs of considering F1 retirement as being in his short-term future, to the point where he bristles when the subject of his age is raised at all.

Alonso’s comment last week came in response to a question he was asked about any possible pressure on his drive given Alpine has 21-year-old rising star Oscar Piastri on its books.

Piastri has a busy programme of testing F1 machinery and simulator running this year in his role as reserve driver, with his ability and track record demanding an F1 race seat next year.

And with Esteban Ocon signed up to the end of 2024, if Piastri gets a full-time race seat with Alpine next year, it would likely have to come at Alonso’s expense.

“Obviously, if I was 25 there would not be this talk,” said Alonso. “It’s an age thing.

“People try to find a way for the young talents, but I think this is about performance. And last year, I think I did well. I finished slightly in front of Esteban. Let’s see this year, how the battle goes!

“This is about performance, not about age. As I said at the beginning of the year, I still feel competitive and fast and I feel that I’m enjoying Formula 1.

“So we’ll race, I guess, a couple more years – two or three more years. And if it’s with Alpine, it will be good, if it’s with another team, it will be good as well.

“I will start these discussions probably in summer.”

Alonso is right to point to performance as a key factor. There’s no objective way to evaluate whether or not Alonso is still performing at his best as age does inevitably catch up even with the best, but he’s clearly operating at a high level.

His Melbourne weekend didn’t go as hoped, with 10th in qualifying after an o-ring problem led to a hydraulics failure preventing him downshifting to third and led to him crashing at Turn 11.

He then finished 17th – and last – with strategy going against him and leading to struggles in traffic in his second stint prior to a late, futile, pitstop to chase fastest lap.

But Alonso himself was still driving well. He indicated it was “my best weekend in years”, and the fact he’s scored just two points so far this year belies the fact he has started the season well in terms of his personal performance.

As he pointed out, he had the edge over Ocon last year and has continued to do so in 2022 even though there have been times when the Frenchman has been quicker.

It was interesting that Alonso mentioned that there was even a possibility of him continuing in F1 elsewhere. A move to another team isn’t out of the question, as although the driver market landscape for ’23 is still unclear, he has been linked to Aston Martin before and Sebastian Vettel’s future remains uncertain.

What will decide whether Alonso stays in F1 into his mid-40s - The Race (the-race.com)

亮了(0)
回复

Friend and fellow Spaniard Pedro de la Rosa thinks retirement at the end of 2022 is very unlikely for Alonso.

"I would be very surprised," he told DAZN.

"He is 40 years old, but physically he is impeccable and he is doing some of his best races. He's in shape and he's eager and I can say that 24 hours a day he thinks only of four wheels.

"Fernando still has three or four years in him," the former F1 driver added.

Whether Alonso will stay at Alpine, however, is another story - as the Renault-owned works team is keen to promote reigning Formula 2 champion Oscar Piastri.

And Alonso has also been frustrated with a series of bad results recently that he does not believe were his fault.

"It's very frustrating, of course," team boss Otmar Szafnauer told the Spanish newspaper AS, "but he's fine and we all want more, both us and Fernando.

"The good thing is that the package works, so you can work hard on the rest."

According to Szafnauer, the new Renault engine is not the problem, as he acknowledges that while "Ferrari is a bit ahead of everyone", Alpine is "doing well against Honda and Mercedes".

As for the car, the Enstone based team is determined to progress.

"Because of porpoising, sometimes we have to compromise low-speed corners to solve high-speed corners," Szafnauer admitted.

"There are new pieces for Spain, then more pieces two races later, and also in the tenth race. It will be a constant flow of developments."

As for whether it will all be enough to get Alonso's signature on a new contract, that will also have to wait until race ten - the British GP.

"We will talk about it from Silverstone," Szafnauer said.

Alpine eyes British GP for Alonso contract talks (grandprix.com)

Friend and fellow Spaniard Pedro de la Rosa thinks retirement at the end of 2022 is very unlikely for Alonso.

"I would be very surprised," he told DAZN.

"He is 40 years old, but physically he is impeccable and he is doing some of his best races. He's in shape and he's eager and I can say that 24 hours a day he thinks only of four wheels.

"Fernando still has three or four years in him," the former F1 driver added.

Whether Alonso will stay at Alpine, however, is another story - as the Renault-owned works team is keen to promote reigning Formula 2 champion Oscar Piastri.

And Alonso has also been frustrated with a series of bad results recently that he does not believe were his fault.

"It's very frustrating, of course," team boss Otmar Szafnauer told the Spanish newspaper AS, "but he's fine and we all want more, both us and Fernando.

"The good thing is that the package works, so you can work hard on the rest."

According to Szafnauer, the new Renault engine is not the problem, as he acknowledges that while "Ferrari is a bit ahead of everyone", Alpine is "doing well against Honda and Mercedes".

As for the car, the Enstone based team is determined to progress.

"Because of porpoising, sometimes we have to compromise low-speed corners to solve high-speed corners," Szafnauer admitted.

"There are new pieces for Spain, then more pieces two races later, and also in the tenth race. It will be a constant flow of developments."

As for whether it will all be enough to get Alonso's signature on a new contract, that will also have to wait until race ten - the British GP.

"We will talk about it from Silverstone," Szafnauer said.

Alpine eyes British GP for Alonso contract talks (grandprix.com)

亮了(0)
回复

WHY ALPINE SEEKS FIA TALKS OVER ‘WHOLLY UNJUST’ ALONSO PENALTY

2 hours ago

By Scott Mitchell

Alpine will seek an explanation from the FIA for what it perceives to be a “wholly unjust” penalty for Fernando Alonso in the Miami Grand Prix.

Alonso finished eighth in Miami but was classified ninth after a five-second penalty for hitting Pierre Gasly and then lost that position later in the evening after another five-second penalty dropped him to 11th.

The second penalty was for skipping the chicane on lap 54 of 57 and “gaining a lasting advantage” despite Alonso making a conscious effort on the next straight to lift and hand back any time gained.

Alpine CEO Laurent Rossi issued a statement on Wednesday saying the team was “very confident” Alonso would have kept his ninth place if given an opportunity to discuss the incident with the stewards but their investigation was concluded without anyone being summoned.

In a follow-up to Rossi’s statement, team principal Otmar Szafnauer said the team was upset it had no chance to plead Alonso’s case and that race control had not recognised Alonso’s attempt to forfeit his advantage or intervened during the race to tell him to do more.

“We need to speak with the FIA at the next grand prix,” said Szafnauer

“We need clarity on this. We need a way to say, ‘Look you gotta give more time back’.”

Under the new race direction team for 2022 the onus is now on teams and drivers to hand back so-called lasting advantages rather than have interference from race control.

However, Szafnauer thinks situations like Alonso’s require in-race assistance, because what is considered a lasting advantage is so hard to judge.

“It would be really nice to get feedback in the race to say ‘you didn’t give enough back’ because Fernando, once he got onto the main straight, lifted twice significantly, and I don’t know if he gave all the time back or most of the time back, but a lot of the time back,” said Szafnauer.

“And when he’s driving the car, he’s got to then figure out ‘Did I give it all back, did I give some of it back, did I give enough back?’.

“But he knew that he had made a mistake. And he also knew that the mistake that he made, he made some time up, so better give it back.

“Now going into that chicane he was ahead of all those cars, he wasn’t behind them. So giving the time back, you give it back to the point where now you’re neutral.

“And he thought he did all that. It would have been nice to be able to have the discussion with the FIA to say, ‘Look at my race trace, look where I lifted, I lifted twice, look at how much time I gave back’.

“And then understand that it’s racing conditions, you’ve got to make a judgement to say ‘yes, I’ve given enough time back’.”

F1’s available live timing information from the race suggested Alonso gave back most of the time gained except for a few tenths of a second.

His eventual classification after the original five-second penalty dropped him to ninth, just 0.237s ahead of Williams driver Alex Albon.

A more instant advantage was that Alonso’s track cut dropped Mick Schumacher out of DRS range and allowed the other Alpine of Esteban Ocon to attack him, but the FIA stewards specified nothing in their official verdict so it is unclear what the actual perceived gain was.

Szafnauer suggested it would be unfair to compare the final gap to Albon specifically with the time Alonso gained a few laps earlier.

But he said Alpine did not know if that was the reason because no explanation has been given for what the stewards considered a “lasting advantage”.

Why Alpine seeks FIA talks over 'wholly unjust' Alonso penalty - The Race (the-race.com)

WHY ALPINE SEEKS FIA TALKS OVER ‘WHOLLY UNJUST’ ALONSO PENALTY

2 hours ago

By Scott Mitchell

Alpine will seek an explanation from the FIA for what it perceives to be a “wholly unjust” penalty for Fernando Alonso in the Miami Grand Prix.

Alonso finished eighth in Miami but was classified ninth after a five-second penalty for hitting Pierre Gasly and then lost that position later in the evening after another five-second penalty dropped him to 11th.

The second penalty was for skipping the chicane on lap 54 of 57 and “gaining a lasting advantage” despite Alonso making a conscious effort on the next straight to lift and hand back any time gained.

Alpine CEO Laurent Rossi issued a statement on Wednesday saying the team was “very confident” Alonso would have kept his ninth place if given an opportunity to discuss the incident with the stewards but their investigation was concluded without anyone being summoned.

In a follow-up to Rossi’s statement, team principal Otmar Szafnauer said the team was upset it had no chance to plead Alonso’s case and that race control had not recognised Alonso’s attempt to forfeit his advantage or intervened during the race to tell him to do more.

“We need to speak with the FIA at the next grand prix,” said Szafnauer

“We need clarity on this. We need a way to say, ‘Look you gotta give more time back’.”

Under the new race direction team for 2022 the onus is now on teams and drivers to hand back so-called lasting advantages rather than have interference from race control.

However, Szafnauer thinks situations like Alonso’s require in-race assistance, because what is considered a lasting advantage is so hard to judge.

“It would be really nice to get feedback in the race to say ‘you didn’t give enough back’ because Fernando, once he got onto the main straight, lifted twice significantly, and I don’t know if he gave all the time back or most of the time back, but a lot of the time back,” said Szafnauer.

“And when he’s driving the car, he’s got to then figure out ‘Did I give it all back, did I give some of it back, did I give enough back?’.

“But he knew that he had made a mistake. And he also knew that the mistake that he made, he made some time up, so better give it back.

“Now going into that chicane he was ahead of all those cars, he wasn’t behind them. So giving the time back, you give it back to the point where now you’re neutral.

“And he thought he did all that. It would have been nice to be able to have the discussion with the FIA to say, ‘Look at my race trace, look where I lifted, I lifted twice, look at how much time I gave back’.

“And then understand that it’s racing conditions, you’ve got to make a judgement to say ‘yes, I’ve given enough time back’.”

F1’s available live timing information from the race suggested Alonso gave back most of the time gained except for a few tenths of a second.

His eventual classification after the original five-second penalty dropped him to ninth, just 0.237s ahead of Williams driver Alex Albon.

A more instant advantage was that Alonso’s track cut dropped Mick Schumacher out of DRS range and allowed the other Alpine of Esteban Ocon to attack him, but the FIA stewards specified nothing in their official verdict so it is unclear what the actual perceived gain was.

Szafnauer suggested it would be unfair to compare the final gap to Albon specifically with the time Alonso gained a few laps earlier.

But he said Alpine did not know if that was the reason because no explanation has been given for what the stewards considered a “lasting advantage”.

Why Alpine seeks FIA talks over 'wholly unjust' Alonso penalty - The Race (the-race.com)

亮了(0)
回复
Re:重拾的F1雄心——头哥的2021-22赛季
虎扑游戏中心
阿隆索最热帖
重拾的F1雄心——头哥的2021-22赛季
两次失而复得领奖台
【Amus阀哥版】阿隆索VS古铁雷斯   走近科学:揭秘恐怖事故 瞬间
这实在是太让人沮丧了
新赛季的战车颜值还凑合,但是真心不稳定呀
【暂放】国乒
we are back!