只是定位一个替补的话,我目前还是对Nesmith更感兴趣一点
找了下贾斯汀安德森的选秀报告和数据,特么真的像,这俩人很多方面跟一个模子似的,okoro好的地方就是年轻了2岁,可塑造性更强一点吧
亮了(0)
回复
查看评论(1)
引用 @拜仁kevin 发表的:
只看此人
找了下贾斯汀安德森的选秀报告和数据,特么真的像,这俩人很多方面跟一个模子似的,okoro好的地方就是年轻了2岁,可塑造性更强一点吧 只是定位一个替补的话,我目前还是对Nesmith更感兴趣一点
找了下贾斯汀安德森的选秀报告和数据,特么真的像,这俩人很多方面跟一个模子似的,okoro好的地方就是年轻了2岁,可塑造性更强一点吧
Okoro非常年轻,这一点算是大优势,贾斯汀进联盟已经是大龄,很怀特类似的年纪。
Okoro非常年轻,这一点算是大优势,贾斯汀进联盟已经是大龄,很怀特类似的年纪。
亮了(0)
回复
引用 @拜仁kevin 发表的:
只看此人
今年次轮区间有没有什么出众的投手
今年次轮区间有没有什么出众的投手
给你介绍两个大龄熟男,俄勒冈州立的Tres Tinkle以及雪城的Elijah Hughes,算是投射比较突出的即战力。
亮了(0)
回复
查看评论(1)
Nesmith的防守实在是太差了,脑壳疼,这两人真是两个极端,一矛一盾
亮了(0)
回复
查看评论(1)
引用 @康涅狄格哈士奇主教练托马布 发表的:
只看此人
恩好,这些年次轮彩票刮的不尽如人意,啥时候才能再淘个给力的,唉
恩好,这些年次轮彩票刮的不尽如人意,啥时候才能再淘个给力的,唉
亮了(0)
回复
引用 @拜仁kevin 发表的:
只看此人
我在Okoro身上看到了一点贾斯汀·安德森的影子。。。有点担心啊@中国男篮主教练托马布
我在Okoro身上看到了一点贾斯汀·安德森的影子。。。有点担心啊@中国男篮主教练托马布

斯坦利约翰逊😂

斯坦利约翰逊😂

亮了(0)
回复
查看评论(1)
引用 @拜仁kevin 发表的:
只看此人

是我我选盾,但刺管会选矛。😂

是我我选盾,但刺管会选矛。😂

亮了(0)
回复
引用 @大白兔丶奶糖 发表的:
只看此人

斯坦利约翰逊😂

斯坦利约翰逊😂

我觉得斯坦利约翰逊比安德森和Okoro天赋更好,早点来让奇普改造下说不定能练出篮子,这孩子真的可惜了,活塞练歪了
亮了(0)
回复
查看评论(1)
引用 @拜仁kevin 发表的:
只看此人

真的很喜欢斯坦利,早些时候有个新闻说刺管想打劫斯坦利,我还高兴了好一阵,可惜被练废了……

亮了(0)
回复
查看评论(1)
引用 @大白兔丶奶糖 发表的:
只看此人

现在基本没了,估计淡出联盟不远了
现在基本没了,估计淡出联盟不远了
亮了(0)
回复
引用 @ 发表的:
只看此人

引用内容可能违规暂时被隐藏

引用内容可能违规暂时被隐藏

大乔最近又被重用了,CJ毕竟新秀,太不稳定,队里暂时也没人能替代大乔的防守
太阳、湖人、尼克斯、雷霆是四个可能很长时间都不会跟尼刺交易的球队
大乔最近又被重用了,CJ毕竟新秀,太不稳定,队里暂时也没人能替代大乔的防守
太阳、湖人、尼克斯、雷霆是四个可能很长时间都不会跟尼刺交易的球队
亮了(0)
回复
引用 @小莱我的锅 发表的:
只看此人

SG-sf?

SG-sf?

23摇摆人,位置类似于儿子

23摇摆人,位置类似于儿子

亮了(0)
回复

我记得刚跟你们提起Nesmith和Okoro的时候就有暗示过,这哥俩就像是两个面,一攻一守,就看你怎么选择。

我记得刚跟你们提起Nesmith和Okoro的时候就有暗示过,这哥俩就像是两个面,一攻一守,就看你怎么选择。

亮了(0)
回复
As we enter conference play and enter the calendar year of 2020, it’s time to update The Athletic’s 2020 NBA Mock Draft.

As we’ve covered many times in these virtual pages, this draft is still wide open and not considered to be a particularly strong class of players. There is plenty of time for guys to grow and mature and improve their standing, but this isn’t going to be a similar process to the last few years. Even as high No.1 overall, there is no consensus right now about who the guy is because no one has come and taken it. The lottery has uncertainty throughout it. Few guys look like a normal top-five pick in an average draft.

Beyond those spots, I had two separate agents in two separate phone calls bring up the idea that the draft pool as a whole is wider this year. They each estimated that over 100 to 150 players are in the mix to be drafted when it’s all said and done. It’s all that open right now, depending on who declares, who stays in school, who makes a push up the draft board, and how many guys can actually establish themselves in conference play. Every year around this time, guys off the board start to assert themselves. The NCAA Tournament also pushes players into the forefront of evaluators’ minds, and because everyone is so clustered together this year, sources around the industry expect that to have an outsized voice in what happens through the process because executives will still be sorting through everyone.

Even sources around college basketball, they can’t quite pinpoint which players seem likely to test their stock or just return to school. Because things are such a mess, there is ample room for opportunity to move up the board and get noticed with something as small as a good month. But also because very few guys are truly ready to play in the NBA next season, there is a thought that more players will stay in school and look at the long game. This draft is going to be a fascinating exercise of guys trying to exploit where their stock is and guaranteeing themselves money versus guys deciding to prioritize what their best avenue for long-term growth is.

So with that being said, here is where the mock draft stands as we head deeper into 2020. This thing is as up in the air as I can remember it this late in the process.

Some quick notes on this mock draft:

• The order below is based on team record as of Monday, Jan. 6.

• The mock draft is starting to be more of about what I’m hearing from sources about draft ranges on specific kids, as opposed to it more being about where I am on kids. I’ll have an updated top-100 big board ranking later this month that will be more about me. But again, this mock draft comes as a result of having spoken to dozens of sources across the landscape of basketball, including NBA executives, scouts, agents and college coaches.

• This mock draft DOES account for team needs in some regard, although not to the fullest extent given that the trade deadline has not come and gone, and teams will look different by the time next month rolls around.

1. Atlanta Hawks

Anthony Edwards | 6-5 guard | 18 years old, freshman | Georgia

The Hawks are going to be in an interesting spot on draft night. They have more cap space than anyone entering the offseason, and a somewhat interesting situation for free agents given the city and given the presence of Trae Young and other young players. For my money, the two holes they need to fill: they need an interior rim protector on defense at the center position, and they need a secondary scorer who can play next to Young and play at a high level on defense. The team should be able to fill both of those spots this summer. But which order do they go about accomplishing that? Do you do center in the draft, and wings in free agency? Or vice versa?

For me, the answer is clear. The Hawks should be prioritizing getting another wing in the draft. It’s too hard to get accomplished wings in free agency at a reasonable price. And typically, there are plenty of big men around in free agency or available via trade. So with that being said, I think keeping Edwards home makes a lot of sense. An Atlanta native, Edwards is a bit of a gunner, but his mix of power and athleticism would play extremely well next to Young’s finesse and shooting. Edwards is averaging 18.4 points as a freshman, and has been the player mentioned most to me as the best prospect in the class overall. I wouldn’t call Edwards the consensus top guy (it’s more of a plurality for scouts right now), but he’s the player who has the most star power in this class, in my opinion. Still, the race for No. 1 is wide open. It will be dependent upon who gets the pick, and how the rest of the year finishes. As I wrote about recently, there is no surefire No. 1 guy in the way that Zion Williamson, Deandre Ayton/Luka Doncic, Markelle Fultz or Ben Simmons were.

It’s also worth noting that the team that gets the No. 1 overall pick will be forced to shell out a four-year, $47 million contract to the top spot. That’s not exactly a riskless endeavor and will lead to the No. 1 overall pick this year being seen as more in the vicinity of being a normal top-five pick as opposed to the typical intensely valuable No. 1 spot.

2. Golden State Warriors

James Wiseman | 7-1 center | 19 years old, freshman | Memphis (sort of)

As I wrote when Wiseman decided to leave Memphis for good, there is already some speculation league-wide that the Warriors will look to move this pick for a player who could help them sooner rather than later. Obviously, a lot will depend on how the rest of the season goes, how the lottery shakes out and where the Warriors are selecting. Legitimately, we don’t know yet how valuable this asset is for them. It wouldn’t be a surprise, though, to see them shop this pick given that the team fancies itself contenders again as soon as next season.

But we’re not projecting trades on this board, and the Warriors do have a need to fill at the center position. And more importantly, the executives in charge of the Warriors have tried to fill that need many times over in the last few years, between using draft picks on Damian Jones, Kevon Looney and Festus Ezeli to bringing in free agent centers. Wiseman is a high-upside, impact defensive player. He’s 7-foot-1 with a 7-foot-6 or so wingspan, and he shuts down the paint with that length at a high level. He also moves well all across the court, and has some shooting potential. I’ve broken him down more on this site than anyone else in the class. Here’s the most recent one, in addition to the above link in the first sentence breaking down the best fits for him in the class.

3. Cleveland Cavaliers

LaMelo Ball | 6-6 guard | 18 years old | Illawarra Hawks

The Cavaliers seem set on trying to find the absolute best prospect with the most upside. They want to find the next guy they can build their roster around. And while I generally am higher on Collin Sexton than consensus seems to be, he’s not that. The jury is still out on Darius Garland, as his assist percentage versus turnover percentage is negative (his assist-to-turnover numbers are about 1.25 to 1), and he hasn’t been particularly efficient as a scorer. I do think the Cavs would do well to balance out their roster a bit more (especially after also acquiring young guard Dante Exum in the Jordan Clarkson trade), I’m just not sure that they are worried about anything beyond finding that centerpiece.

At the very least, Ball has the most upside. At 6-foot-6 with terrific ballhandling ability and vision, Ball is the best playmaker for others in this class. He’s an elite distributor of the ball, seeing things on the court multiple steps before they happen. He’s averaging 17 points, 6.8 assists and 5.6 rebounds in Australia for Illawarra, in an offense that is catered to him in every way. Still, to do that against professionals that are at a higher level than what he would have consistently faced in college is very impressive, and says a lot about where his feel for the game is. Still, there are drawbacks here. He shot 25 percent from 3 this season in Australia, and his defense is, on the whole, a negative despite some positive aspects for him to build upon.

In this case, I think the Cavaliers want as many bites at the apple as possible to try to get someone to develop into a star. Ball has the best shot to be that at this stage in the draft.

4. New York Knicks

Cole Anthony | 6-3 guard | 19 years old, freshman | North Carolina

The Knicks need basically everything other than a center of the future, where Mitchell Robinson looks set to hold down the fort for a while. R.J. Barrett looks like another long-term keeper despite his rough start to the season efficiency-wise, but they could pick just about any wing position to put next to him as long as that player can shoot.

Particularly though, the Knicks need a point guard of the future. Dennis Smith Jr. has struggled immensely this season and does not look like the answer. Elfrid Payton just isn’t quite good enough and can’t shoot, which makes him a tough fit with Barrett and Robinson long-term. So here, the Knicks take a guard in Anthony who has struggled a bit this season at North Carolina, but profiles well as a strong fit. I wouldn’t really take his stats this season as representative of much. North Carolina’s talent level is as down as I’ve ever seen it. Every time Anthony drove, he was double-and-triple teamed because teams didn’t think his teammates could hurt them. But at the end of the day, Anthony is a maestro with the ball in his hand, capable of getting separation due to his ability to get in and out of his moves with speed. Additionally, he can knock down shots off the dribble, and I think he was an underrated distributor at prep levels in events where he was surrounded by talented teammates.

5. Washington Wizards

Jaden McDaniels | 6-10 forward | 18 years old, freshman | Washington

The Wizards have been really fun this year, and have enough assets to where I think they might convince themselves to take a shot at the playoffs next season. Bradley Beal and John Wall are currently in place. It’s unclear on how well Wall will play upon returning from injury, but he’s a part of this thing long-term whether the Wizards like it or not, due to his contract. They also have Thomas Bryant signed for two more years inside, and the Davis Bertans’ breakout has given them another asset if they’re able to retain him in free agency (something that is currently their goal). Additionally, Rui Hachimura looks like a strong offensive scorer who will be there long-term, and Troy Brown has played well over the last few weeks. So really, I think this is a case where the Wizards will probably just be looking for the best player available.

As noted in the most recent draft buzz column, McDaniels has been the guy that I’ve gotten the most positive feedback on over the last few weeks. He’s averaging 13.3 points, 5.4 rebounds and 2.4 assists per game. Plus, unlike some of the more productive big men in the draft — including his teammate Isaiah Stewart — McDaniels plays a perimeter-oriented game that should translate well to the next level as long as he keeps adding to his frame and getting stronger. He’s hitting 36.4 percent from 3 and making free throws at a high clip. Despite McDaniels’ slight frame, scouts have been impressed with his ability to absorb contact and not get shoved away from the spots he wants to get to on the floor when he drives. And defensively, he’s been quite strong. Scouts do want to see him against stronger competition now that Washington has entered Pac-12 play, but McDaniels has a real shot to jump up boards.

6. New Orleans Pelicans

Deni Avdija | 6-8 forward | 18 years old | Maccabi Tel-Aviv

The Pelicans roster is pretty loaded with interesting players. At center, they have Jaxson Hayes. The frontcourt features Brandon Ingram and Zion Williamson. In the backcourt, Jrue Holiday, Lonzo Ball, and Nickeil Alexander-Walker are around. Josh Hart is a reliable wing. Basically, this is a loaded roster that just needs Williamson back, and it is set to take a leap. And none of this even accounts for terrific veterans like Derrick Favors and JJ Redick.

So, the Pellies should be taking best player available. Here, I’ve gone with Avdija, who should provide some further forward depth behind their two stars. Avdija is one of the higher feel players in this class. He’s getting legitimate minutes as an 18-year-old for a high-level Euroleague team in Maccabi Tel Aviv, and averaging six points, 4.2 rebounds and 1.6 assists per game while generally making good decisions with the ball. He’s also an underrated athlete who can really move around the floor and defend a few positions.

Still, Avdija is probably not quite ready to step into the NBA from Day One, because he really needs to improve as a shooter. The mechanics don’t look all that bad, but the shot has just never fallen at a high enough clip. He’s hitting 26 percent of his 3s so far this season, and just 54 percent of his free throws. Those are marks in line with his past, too. Ultimately, he needs to really hit shots at some point to prove his value.

7. Detroit Pistons

Tyrese Haliburton | 6-5 guard | 19 years old, sophomore | Iowa State

The Pistons look like they’re about to enter an extended rebuild. Andre Drummond is a free agent this summer and the team is exploring the trade market for him. Blake Griffin’s injuries make his future look pretty uncertain. Reggie Jackson is a free agent this summer, as is Langston Galloway. Basically, they’re going to be turning over the whole team here soon and should be looking for the best player available.

Right now, I think that’s Haliburton. He’s having a monstrous all-around season for Iowa State, and would be a pretty exceptional backcourt fit with Luke Kennard. He’s averaging a pretty absurd 16.7 points, 6.0 rebounds and 7.7 assists for Iowa State, even as the Cyclones struggle. He’s also posting a 51.6/41.0/75.0 shooting slash line that makes it look like he’s one of the most efficient players in the country, and his defensive ability at 6-foot-5 is pretty strong both on and off ball.

So why is he not a top-five pick? I think he has a shot to be that, but the tape doesn’t quite pop in the way that the numbers do. The jump shot concerns NBA teams because it takes some time to get off and has a bit of a funky release. He doesn’t have crazy burst, which might mean he’s more of an off lead guard who pushes in transition as opposed to a true halfcourt lead guard.

8. Chicago Bulls

Tyrese Maxey | 6-3 guard | 18 years old, freshman | Kentucky

The Bulls have a pretty real need on the wing. That’s been the team’s biggest personnel-based issue this season. They often end up having to play a bunch of weird, three-point-guard lineups (ones that sometimes are effective because Kris Dunn and Tomas Satoransky are bigger guards). However, there’s not really a guy in this area of the draft who makes sense on the wing. Maybe you can make a case for Okoro, but the Bulls also need shooting in a big way.

So instead, I’ve gone with a combo guard. Maxey has been simultaneously really good, and also has raised some question marks. On the plus side, he is the go-to scorer for a Kentucky team, and he’s largely been successful in that role. His floater game is superb, he has great strength and good handle to get to the basket, and he’s a really smart mover away from the ball. He’s also an elite-level on-ball defender in a way that I can see Chicago’s current coaching staff and front office really appreciating.

However, Maxey has also shot the ball really poorly this year. Most evaluators do believe in him as a good shooter, but he’s connected on just 28 percent of his 3s this season. Additonally, Maxey hasn’t quite shown that short-area burst that teams want from lead guards, which will likely make him a bit more of an off-guard scorer at 6-foot-3 who can also defend point guards. Nonetheless, I really buy into Maxey’s make up, and buy into him as a potentially terrific role player at the next level.

9. Sacramento Kings

R.J. Hampton | 6-5 guard | 18 years old | New Zealand Breakers

The Kings have young players or contracted players all across the positional spectrum, and thus will probably be looking just to take the best player available at this stage in their development. Having said that, taking a combo guard could help insulate them from losing Bogdan Bogdanovic in restricted free agency this summer.

Hampton would be that kind of player. His season in Australia has gone largely according to plan, as Hampton has played better than any other import the country has seen pre-draft not named LaMelo. He’s playing over 21 minutes per night in a pro league, averaging 9.6 points, four rebounds, and 2.4 assists on a 51 true-shooting percentage. He’s also limited his turnovers well, and done a solid job being a second-side playmaker for the Breakers while playing a much more limited role than Ball in a more structured scheme.

He should come over and be a bit more ready than the typical teenager to play in the NBA next season after having dealt with physicality in a very rugged league. He should also be a bit more ready to play defensively. Ultimately, Hampton’s role is going to be that of a combo guard, so how he shoots it and keeps developing as a scorer is going to be critical to where his career goes. But there is enough here to warrant a top-10 pick.

10. Charlotte Hornets

Obi Toppin | 6-9 forward/center | 21 years old, sophomore | Dayton

The Hornets have a tendency to select high-achieving collegiate players in the draft. Guys like PJ Washington, Malik Monk, Miles Bridges, Cody Zeller, Kemba Walker, and more. At this point, it’s almost become a pre-requisite to be something resembling an All-American for the Hornets to take you.

Toppin fits that billing perfectly. He’s arguably the most effective big man in college basketball this season, a pogo stick of athleticism that is a dunking machine inside. He can drive and take advantage of defenders playing too tightly against him. He can short roll and attack the rim with the ball. He can pop out from 3 and knock down shots from distance at a high clip, having hit 36 percent from distance this year. Or he’ll just catch a lob and dunk on you.

He’s averaging an absurd 19.5 points, 7.7 rebounds, 2.2 assists, 1.0 steals and 1.3 blocks per game on a 67.9 true-shooting percentage. I think there’s a reasonable case that he’s been one of the five best players in the country so far this season, and he’s certainly a difference maker for a Dayton team that runs about as modern a style of offense as you’ll find in college basketball. I’m a huge fan of Toppin’s and think he’s going to be a good, ready-made player for next year in the NBA.

11. Phoenix Suns

Precious Achiuwa | 6-9 forward/center | 20 years old, freshman | Memphis

The Suns have clearly upgraded their depth across the roster this season, which really helps them insofar as it allows them to really just do what they want on draft night. They should just be able to take the best player available who is a non-center and try to fit him in with everything else they have.

In this case, I do think the Suns could use a bit more athleticism in the frontcourt. Achiuwa really makes a lot of sense there. He plays really hard for a big man, and is great at imposing his athleticism on the game due to that motor. He’s also been particularly strong since James Wiseman has been out. In those 11 games, Achiuwa has played mostly at the 5, and averaged 16 points, 11 rebounds, one assist, two blocks and 1.5 steals per game.

He’s also made five of his 11 3-point attempts — as a shooter he’s streaky but has improved dramatically over the course of the last few years. Ultimately, at 6-foot-9 with a 7-foot-2 wingspan and a 9-foot standing reach, I think Achiuwa’s best position is going to be a combination of the 4 and the small ball 5 at the next level. Being able to keep developing that shot will be critical to such a role. There is some downside here, and he looks to be a bit lost on defense sometimes. It’ll be critical for him to continue to show some acumen on that end to keep rising up boards. But right now, the activity level, athleticism, and shooting potential is enough for scouts.

12. Minnesota Timberwolves

Nico Mannion | 6-3 guard | 18 years old, freshman | Arizona

The Timberwolves have an awful lot of needs all over the court outside of the center position. But more than anything, I think they need a long-term answer at the lead guard position. Luckily for them, this draft is filled with awesome options at that spot, with seven of the top 14 players in this class either profiling as leads or combo guards.

In this case, the Wolves get Mannion, who would provide a terrific pick-and-roll partner for Towns due to his elite distribution ability. Mannion is one of those guards who sees things happen a couple of moments before they actually occur. He reads defenses expertly, and is also a good jump shooter with a solid floater game. He also doesn’t really turn the ball over, and keeps things well-oiled at all three levels on offense. He can make every pass, from pocket passes to kickouts to cross-corner whip passes.

The big question here is getting separation and getting all the way to the paint. He’s only taken nine shots at the rim in the halfcourt in 14 games, a startlingly low number for a lead guard expected to break down defenders consistently. It’s hard to be a starting guard without getting to the paint and scoring at the next level. Mannion might end up just being a high-level backup at the next level if he can’t quite figure that part of the game out. Having said that, though, I think Mannion is a pretty safe player to take here in a draft filled with landmines. He’ll play in the NBA for a long time due to his feel for the game.

13. Boston Celtics (via MEM)

Onyeka Okongwu | 6-9 center | 18 years old, freshman | USC

The Celtics are currently slated for three first round picks, meaning they’re going to get another infusion of young talent into this core. The big need on the Celtics right now is in the frontcourt at the center position. They need another guy that can play with their lineups, play hard, act as an impediment on defense inside, and fit within their culture.

It’s hard to imagine a better fit than Okongwu. He plays exceptionally hard on the floor, and it leads to all sorts of production for the 6-foot-9 center. Right now, he’s averaging 17.8 points, 9.2 rebounds and 2.9 blocks per game while shooting 61.9 percent from the field. He’s been a remarkably efficient post player, showcasing good touch over tough length. More than that, he’s been terrific at scoring points in a variety of ways that are translatable to the next level. He’s really smart at finding the soft timing in the defense from the dunker spot. He excels as a roller toward the hoop. He’s a monster on the offensive glass, and runs the floor in transition.

More than that though, Okongwu plays really hard on defense, and has the kind of athleticism that should translate to him being useful on that end of the floor despite being an undersized center. His intersection of strength and quickness should allow him to guard a bit on the perimeter, while also being able to bang with big men in the post and not be a mismatch target on the block. I’m a fan, and see the worst-case scenario here as a good third big man.

14. Portland Trail Blazers

Isaac Okoro | 6-6 wing | 18 years old, freshman | Auburn

The Blazers almost always draft for upside, and they almost always prioritize athleticism. Under Neil Olshey, the team’s philosophy tends to be that as they look to contend with Damian Lillard and C.J. McCollum, they’re probably not going to be able to find a rookie that can enter their rotation. So, they might as well take the guy they think has the highest upside.

Okoro fits that billing, and also helps fill a position of need a defense-first wing athlete. And to call him defense first is real. Okoro might be the best defensive wing in the country right now, and he’s only 18 years old. He’s an absolute monster athletically, and he flies around and makes plays while also consistently staying close enough guarding position to handle his man. Offensively, things are a bit more of a work in progress. Okoro is an exceptional finisher due to that leaping ability, and his feel for the game is strong. He makes plays for his teammates, and can pass it a bit. He’s averaging 12.9 points for a well-rounded Auburn scoring attack.

The big question is the jump shot. He’s hitting just 20 percent from 3 this season, which is a real issue for a guy you’re projecting as a role player on offense so that you can get his defense on the floor. I’m not a huge fan of the mechanics, but I do think he has enough touch to be good. Ultimately though, that’s why he’s more of an end-of-lottery guy right now. He needs to show more upside as a shooter sooner rather than later.

15. San Antonio Spurs

Killian Hayes | 6-5 guard | 18 years old, freshman | Ulm

The Spurs obviously have one of the best scouting staffs in the NBA on the international level, and they’ve also proven to be fans of bigger guards in recent drafts with the selections of Derrick White and Dejounte Murray. Hayes might seem superfluous to these two, but he actually brings a pretty different skillset than them. He’s a distributor first and foremost in the halfcourt, with tremendous vision in ball-screen scenarios. Playing for Ulm this season in Germany, he’s averaging 12.8 points and 6.5 assists in 10 Eurocup games so far, the second division European competition.

He’s also starting to shoot it a bit better from 3, and has always been a strong free throw shooter. And at 6-foot-5, he’s always been a versatile defender due to his size and basketball IQ. He seems like the kind of guy that the Spurs would covet in regard to the traits they look for in prospects.

16. Atlanta Hawks (via BKN)

Isaiah Stewart | 6-9 center | 18 years old, freshman | Washington

This would be something of a home run for the Hawks, in my opinion. The team takes care of one issue at the top of the draft, then takes a shot on a potential answer at the center position that has been incredibly productive as an 18-year-old at Washington. Stewart has some defensive worries that keep executives from being overly excited, but he’s been arguably the second-most productive freshman in the country behind Vernon Carey. He’s averaging 19.5 points and 9.1 rebounds per game with nearly two blocks in the center of Washington’s 2-3 zone. Much of his offense is generated out of the post, but executives do believe that his motor and finishing ability around the basket should allow him to be effective in pick-and-roll. Additionally, most executives who have been up to see him practice this season note that he can knock down shots from the perimeter in those settings, and should work out well.

Still, I do think the ceiling for Stewart is somewhat limited on draft night unless he really showcases that he can shut things down around the rim for the rest of the season. Because of Washington’s defensive scheme, he’s not going to get a chance to show that he can guard at all away from the basket. My bet is that he ends up in the No. 8 to 20 range.

17. Orlando Magic

Theo Maledon | 6-4 guard | 18 years old | ASVEL

The Magic may have their point guard of the future in Markelle Fultz. He’s coming off of a career high earlier this week with 25 points, and has looked better throughout the course of the season every time he’s stepped on the floor. Still, with D.J. Augustin entering free agency and a lack of certainty about Fultz’s future, the team does still have a general need at the point guard position.

Maledon makes sense for them as a gamble, as he fits a lot of what the Magic look for in a lead guard. At 6-foot-4 with a 6-9 or so wingspan, he has the kind of plus length and quick-twitch athleticism that they tend to value. Still, he’s fallen down the board after being seen as a potential top-10 pick entering the year because of struggles fitting into ASVEL’s rotation. An injury in October to his shoulder held him out for about five weeks, but he’s been inconsistent both prior to and since the injury occurred. He’s seen a downtick in efficiency (one that can’t be attributed to the uptick in quality of competition from ASVEL playing in Euroleague becuase he’s actually been slightly better there), and an unfortunate uptick in his turnover rate. He’s still a really intriguing prospect due to his athleticism and skill level, but this hasn’t been an awesome pre-draft year.

18. Oklahoma City Thunder

Zeke Nnaji | 6-10 forward/center | 18 years old, freshman | Arizona

The Thunder are certainly in something of a rebuilding stage, with the team being highly competitive right now around Chris Paul, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Steven Adams — all of whom are under contract next year as well. However, it’s clear that this team could also be in the market for moves if they come available. So, despite their success, this team could also look markedly different by the time the deadline and draft rolls around.

Still, Sam Presti does tend to value athleticism and upside in the draft. Nnaji has been one of the biggest risers in the pre-draft process thus far, to the point where most evaluators do believe he’ll hear his name called somewhere in the top-25, with most pegging his range in the post-lottery section if he decides to declare for the 2020 draft. He’s been extremely productive so far, averaging 16.6 points and 8.1 rebounds for Arizona so far. I’m not quite as high on him, as I’d have him currently near the end of the first round, but he’s unquestionably a great mix of athletic fluidity and touch. He’s extended his range out to around the college 3-point line, and possesses real mechanics that should allow him to keep improving. Defensively, he’s pretty terrible around the basket right now, but possesses potential as a pick-and-roll switch defender due to his mobility.

19. Milwaukee Bucks (from IND)

Kira Lewis Jr. | 6-4 guard | 18 years old, sophomore | Alabama

The Bucks don’t really have many holes, and thus should probably be looking for a best player available situation. Still, I do think that they could another backcourt option as a flyer just in case Eric Bledsoe doesn’t work out in the playoffs. Taking as many shots on finding the right guard as they can will be critical as they close down the end of Giannis Antetokounmpo’s second contract and hopefully continue to enter a long-term championship window with him in tow.

Lewis has been one of the more productive players in the country this season playing for an uptempo Alabama team that really likes to push the pace and go. That fits right into what his skillset is. He’s averaging nearly 17 points, 5.5 rebounds and 4.7 assists. However, he’s struggled a bit with his efficiency, only posting a 51.1 true-shooting percentage so far while surrounded by a less-than-stellar Alabama team. He’s one of the fastest players in this class, but hasn’t shot it well from distance this season, making only 31 percent from 3 after hitting 36 percent last season.

20. Brooklyn Nets (via PHI)

Josh Green | 6-6 wing | 19 years old, freshman | Arizona

Brooklyn has both Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant returning next season, and actually have some solid depth in both the frontcourt and the backcourt. More than anything, I think they could use some further cost-controlled depth on the wing as they keep trying to build out a championship contender with those two stars in the fold.

Green struggles a bit offensively in the halfcourt because he’s an inconsistent shooter, but his effort level and athleticism are superb. Green is a good defender because of that motor, and he can really push the ball out on the break and run the floor with a point guard. Still, to find success at the next level, the jump shot is going to have to keep improving. As I’ve written before, I don’t love the mechanics, but he does possess good touch if a team can get someone to adjust them a bit. He needs to get that number up from around 31 percent to 36 or so percent. If he does, he’ll stick in the NBA for a while because the rest of his game portends nicely to being a role player.

21. Dallas Mavericks

Vernon Carey Jr. | 6-10 center | 18 years old, freshman | Duke

The fact that the Mavericks have asked around about Andre Drummond is interesting to me, and says that they’re not completely sold on what they currently have at the center position. Indeed, it’s possible they might want to get some minutes at the 4 for Kristaps Porzingis, and allow him to reduce the wear and tear on his body. But instead of using assets to do that in a trade when the guy you acquire likely won’t be a guy who closes games for you, why not just use a later draft pick instead?

Carey has been the most productive per-minute freshman in college basketball this season. In just 23 minutes per game, Carey is averaging 18 points and nine rebounds per night while shooting 62.8 percent from the field and having made four 3s. He might be the strongest player in the country, and at 280 pounds he just carves out whatever space he wants on the floor. Now, that size will also be a hindrance for him in the NBA, and he’s probably going to have to cut down some of the weight to try and gain quickness at the next level. Otherwise, he has no chance of guarding on the perimeter, a necessary skill for today’s bigs even in drop-coverage schemes. If he does though, he has good feet, and a strong feel for the game that would allow him to be a really interesting player. In some way, he’s in a tough spot because the NBA is going away from his type of player, despite the fact that he’s been very good.

22. Toronto Raptors

Paul Reed | 6-9 forward | 21 years old, junior | DePaul

The Raptors will be going best player available given their current roster construction. There isn’t really much certainty there beyond Pascal Siakam, and the Raptors want to keep their cap space clean for the 2021 offseason.

Here, they go with a player who fits a lot of what Masai Ujiri and this scouting staff tend to value. Reed is 6-foot-9 with a wingspan over 7 feet. He’s been superb for DePaul so far this season, averaging 16.1 points, 11. 1 rebounds and 3.2 blocks per game while shooting 54 percent from the field and making nine 3s. The 21-year-old out of Florida can drive to the basket with great fluidity, and while his shooting mechanics give some pause, it’s clear there is some touch there. Defensively, Reed can move his feet out on the perimeter, and should be a good weak-side shot-blocker.

23. Utah Jazz

Tre Jones | 6-2 guard | 19 years old, sophomore | Duke

The Jazz have turned to Donovan Mitchell to stabilize the point guard position due to Mike Conley’s injury issues and some ineffectiveness there. They also don’t really have a great long-term option as a backup point guard after dealing Dante Exum.

Jones has been really quite terrific this season for Duke despite missing a few games. He’s averaging 14.2 points and 7.2 assists while still playing absolutely elite level defense at the point of attack. He still is struggling to shoot it, but it looks a bit better this season than it’s been in the past. His ability to distribute and get all of his teammates involved is elite, and he’s a way better athlete than he gets credit for, capable of buzzing in and out of the lane. Even if the shooting never totally comes along, it’s hard to see how Jones ends up being worse than a backup point guard. If it does come along, he has starter upside.

24. Los Angeles Clippers

Jahmi’us Ramsey | 6-4 guard | 18 years old, freshman | Texas Tech

The Clippers tend to value toughness and strong players. Guys who fit what they call “Clipper DNA” Both of their picks last year, Mfiondu Kabengele and Terance Mann, fit that to perfection. And with a loaded roster of depth across the board, it’s hard to find a position they really need, so they’re probably going best and highest upside available if they keep this pick.

Ramsey makes a lot of sense for them though, because the one thing they could use just a bit more of is scoring punch off the bench beyond Lou Williams and Montrezl Harrell. And with Harrell entering free agency this year and Williams continuing to age, it makes sense for them to try and keep adding. Unfortunately, the Jerome Robinson pick hasn’t paid off yet despite his presence in their rotation. They’ve given him a pretty substantial leash, and he hasn’t been able to produce. Ramsey is more in the Clippers’ wheelhouse, a 6-foot-4 power guard at 210 pounds with great athleticism, a creative game off the bounce, and shot-making ability. He’s averaging 17.7 points and 5.3 rebounds while shooting an absurd 48.3 percent from behind the 3-point line. That’ll trail off at some point, but scouts buy his shooting enough to think he has a shot to be a first round pick if he comes out.

25. Houston Rockets

Matthew Hurt | 6-9 forward | 19 years old, freshman | Duke

It wouldn’t be a shock to see the Rockets move this pick in a deal at the deadline, but for now it’s theirs. It’s hard to say what general manager Daryl Morey and company would place value on. The Rockets’ scheme in general, though, likes guys who can really shoot the basketball to place around James Harden, and likes guys who can defend multiple positions.

Hurt certainly fits that first billing. At 6-foot-9, Hurt is averaging 11.6 points while shooting 51.6 percent from the field and 41.1 percent from 3. Particularly, he’s really come on in the last eight games, upping those numbers to about 14 points and four rebounds per game while shooting 58 percent from the field and 43.3 percent from 3. I buy the offensive game as a secondary scorer an awful lot. Defensively, he’s going to need to get much stronger and prove that he can deal with the physicality of the NBA. But he has good feet and isn’t a disaster in switch scenarios against smaller guards. Now that he’s rolling, it wouldn’t be a total surprise to see him move back up the board at some point.

26. Oklahoma City Thunder (via DEN)

Aaron Nesmith | 6-6 wing | 19 years old, sophomore | Vanderbilt

The Thunder under Sam Presti have tended to take athletic guys with length who are strong defenders and have plus character traits. And typically, they either go for the high upside athlete that is an undervalued asset (Steven Adams, Russell Westbrook, Darius Bazley or Terrance Ferguson, for instance), or the high floor player (Josh Huestis, Andre Roberson).

In this case, I value the personnel side of that equation more than the archetypal fit. Nesmith has been one of the country’s breakout scorers this season, averaging 23.4 points and 4.7 rebounds so far. The big key has been Nesmith’s shooting, as he’s currently clocking in at a blistering 51.8 3-point percentage on an absurd eight attempts per game. That’s going to come down as Vanderbilt’s competition level picks up, And at 6-foot-6 with about a 6-foot-10 wingspan, Nesmith has good length and size to play on the wing in the NBA. He’s not the best athlete, and he needs to prove that he sees the floor better in regard to his passing once teams start to try to shut him down in pre-game scouting. But right now, it’s easy to envision him as a first-round pick given the emphasis on shooting in the NBA.

27. Miami Heat

Patrick Williams | 6-8 forward/wing | 18 years old, freshman | Florida State

The Heat love high-upside guys, and high character guys who are really willing to put in the work, particularly on their frames. There may not be an organization around the league better at developing young players than the Miami Heat, who consistently turn a non-asset into a major asset. They’re taking the best player available, period.

Williams is right in their wheelhouse. He’s really quite raw offensively, but there is a ton of skill and upside here. He’s a terrific athlete who plays hard on defense and consistently makes action plays happen. He has good hands and reaction time, plus is a strong weak side shot-blocker. The numbers look pedestrian, as he’s only averaging about eight points and three rebounds per game, but he’s coming off of the bench for a deep Florida State team and should move into a more prominent role as the season progresses and he keeps developing. Maybe he’s not a one-and-done at the end of the day, but he has a real chance to be one if things break right and the Seminoles keep winning.

28. Boston Celtics

Saddiq Bey | 6-8 wing | 20 years old, sophomore | Villanova

With three first rounders this season, the Celtics will likely look into filling multiple positional holes. One thing they could use is another big wing that can knock down shots from the perimeter.

For my money, there have been few more underrated and underappreciated players than season than Bey. He’s been absolutely terrific for Villanova, the best player on a team that should win the Big East this season. And more than anything, he really helps teams win games on both ends. He’s a great defender who can take on tough assignments such as Devon Dotson as a point guard at Kansas, or even some bigger forwards when Villanova plays small. And above that even, Bey has been a killer shooter knocking down 38.2 percent of his 3s while averaging nearly 15 points a night as Nova has slowed down the pace this season. If he comes out, look for him to be a late first, early second round type of player.

29. Los Angeles Lakers

Cassius Winston | 6-1 guard | 22 years old, senior | Michigan State

The Lakers could use another playmaker and lead guard in the backcourt. Rajon Rondo has been the type of inconsistent late career presence he’s been over the last few years, and Alex Caruso has turned into a cult figure due to the way he defends and keeps the ball moving off the bench. But this team could use a pick-and-roll playmaker that can both take and make his own shots as well as involve his teammates.

Enter Winston. There is no better pick-and-roll guard in college basketball, a tremendous three-level scorer out of ball-screen actions who has all of the passes in his toolbox. He’s averaging nearly 19 points per game while posting an assist rate over 40 percent for the fourth straight season in college. Additionally, his turnover rate is at an all-time low this season. And he’s done it all with the specter of his brother’s death hanging over him throughout the season. Winston is the best offensive player at the college basketball level this season. His lack of athleticism may hold him back a bit in the NBA, but he will carve out a role at the next level.

30. Boston Celtics (via MIL)

Xavier Tillman | 6-9 center | 21 years old, junior | Michigan State

Winston’s partner in the pick-and-roll is Tillman, and Tillman does his part exceedingly well in that relationship. No big man in the country is as nuanced in the way he sets screens and does little things to help carve out space for his guards. He’s also extremely versatile in the way he can roll and keep the lane spaced. He can pop out and knock down 3s at 34.6 percent clip. He can short roll and make passes at an exceedingly high level for a big, averaging about three per game right now. And as a finisher, Tillman is hitting 60.7 percent of his 2-point baskets.

Oh yeah, and he’s a terrifically switchable defensive player who can really move his feet and defend both in space and on the interior. Tillman is the kind of guy who I think sticks around the NBA for a long while. Maybe it’s just as a third big man, but he can really play and do all of the little things a team asks of its modern day big men.

SECOND ROUND

31. Philadelphia 76ers (via ATL)

Isaiah Joe | 6-5 wing | 19 years old, sophomore | Arkansas

For me, Joe is one of the best shooters in this draft class. Over his year and a half at Arkansas, he has hit 39.4 percent of his 414 3-point attempts. Even just getting up that many 3-point attempts speaks to how ridiculous Joe is as a shooter. Personally, I’m a huge fan, and I think his feel for the game is underrated. Still, NBA teams have some worries about his bulk and frame, as he’s quite skinny and could struggle defensively at the next level.

32. Dallas Mavericks (via GSW)

Jordan Nwora | 6-7 wing/forward | 21 years old, junior | Louisville

Nwora is another high-level shooter in this class who has hit a high percentage of 3s in his career at Louisville. He has a quick release, and is an underrated vertical athlete. But his defensive ability raises real questions, as he doesn’t move particularly well laterally and is heavy-footed. The Mavericks have placed a real value on spacing the floor around Luka Doncic, and Nwora makes sense as another option there on the wing and in the frontcourt.

33. Philadelphia 76ers (via NYK)

Devon Dotson | 6-2 guard | 20 years old, sophomore | Kansas

Another thing the 76ers need is more depth across the backcourt. I’m not the biggest fan of Ben Simmons as a point guard in the halfcourt, and they’re playing a lot of Trey Burke off the bench. Burke has been solid thus far, but isn’t signed through next season. Dotson would be a good get, as his tough-mindedness and defensive ability would fit well at the point of attack. He’s also a strong ballhandler, and can create both for himself and as a passer.

34. Charlotte Hornets (via CLE)

Daniel Oturu | 6-10 center | 20 years old, sophomore | Minnesota

Oturu is a guy genuinely climbing up draft boards right now. He’s been one of the breakout stars of the college season, averaging 19 points, 12 rebounds and three blocks per game for Minnesota this season. There is some question about his feel for the game on offense, as he has an assist-to-turnover ratio of 1-to-3. Teams are also interested to get an accurate size on just how tall he is. However, he’s a terrific, bouncy athlete, and has displayed good touch around the basket as a driver and in the post. He’s also a legitimate rim protector, who swats shots with impunity inside. He has a real shot to go in the first round if he keeps playing up to this standard against Big Ten competition.

35. New Orleans Pelicans

Scottie Lewis | 6-5 wing | 19 years old, freshman | Florida

Lewis really struggled early in the season on offense, and teams have serious questions about how they could get him on the floor right now. However, he’s arguably the best wing defender in the class due to a 7-foot wingspan and insatiable work ethic that should allow him to keep growing as a player. And don’t look now, but Lewis has been much better over his last three games, seemingly finally fitting into Florida’s scheme a bit better. This is far from a Kahlil Whitney-type situation; Lewis has a shot still to end up in Round One by the time it’s all said and done.

36. New Orleans Pelicans (via WAS)

Aleksej Pokusevski | 7-0 center | 18 years old | Olympicacos B

Pokusevski has been another breakout big man this season, playing in Greece’s second division for Olympiacos’ second team. He’s 7-foot tall with a 7-foot-3 wingspan, meaning he has legitimate center size in the NBA. He’s a good shot-blocker, and has also displayed some modern potential as a shooter. The problem: he’s extremely skinny at about 200 pounds. Still, he’s posting 12 points and eight rebounds per game this season, and is seen as an intriguing potential stash candidate for teams not looking to pay draft picks right now.

37. Sacramento Kings (via DET)

Ashton Hagans | 6-3 point guard | 20 years old, sophomore | Kentucky

I have a soft spot for Hagans. He’s one of my favorite players in college basketball this season, a legitimate leader of his team that provides so much positive energy. He’s also just generally the kind of dude I like having around: a tough, no-nonsense dude that will rip your throat out on the floor if you let him with his on-ball defense. I know the shooting is a concern, but he’s improved drastically as an on-ball playmaking passer this year. I’m probably going to be higher on Hagans than most this year, and I’m comfortable with that.

38. Washington Wizards (via CHI)

Trendon Watford | 6-9 forward | 19 years old, freshman | LSU

Watford had a bit of a tough start to the season, turning the ball over a ton and displaying a lot of inefficiency. He’s since righted the ship a bit, and is averaging 12.8 points and 6.3 rebounds while hitting eight 3s. Ultimately, Watford might end up as a two-year player, and if that was to be the case, it would help him to improve upon his shooting before leaving LSU. Still, if he chooses to come out, I think someone would take a shot on a 6-foot-9 guy with potential to make plays and shoot it at a high clip while possessing a 7-foot-3 wingspan.

39. Sacramento Kings

Myles Powell | 6-2 guard | 21 years old, senior | Seton Hall

Powell’s unbelievable shooting start has slowed down a touch, in part due to a concussion he suffered. However, he’s still one of the best scorers in college basketball, a terrific pull-up threat who has led Seton Hall’s offense to a strong start to the season. He’s averaging 21.2 points a night. And while he’s a bit undersized a 6-foot-2, he’s powerful and not a defensive liability because of that strength.

40. New York Knicks (via CHA)

Joel Ayayi | 6-5 guard | 19 years old, sophomore | Gonzaga

Ayayi is one of the toughest prospects to place on the board right now. He just recently entered Gonzaga’s starting lineup. And since Battle 4 Atlantis, he’s been absolutely terrific. Ayayi is averaging 12.9 points, seven rebounds, and four assists per game 52.3 percent from the field and 36 percent from 3. And yet, things are still quite rudimentary despite his clear athleticism and feel for the game. Ayayi isn’t the best ballhandler for a guard, and his shot can be a bit mechanical. Some scouts think he is a potential first rounder, while others think he should stay in school. I think he’s Gonzaga’s best long-term prospect, though, and if the team makes a run in the tourney, it’s going to be tough for him not to look great in the process.

41. Memphis Grizzlies (via PHX)

Jalen Smith | 6-11 center | 20 years old, sophomore | Maryland

Smith hasn’t really taken the next step forward that most evaluators hoped this season. While the jump shot looks better and cleaner, he’s still an extremely upright athlete who doesn’t get the most out of his athleticism. The numbers up across the board with 13.3 points and 9.7 rebounds per game, but he still doesn’t feel like he’s impacting the game in the way you’d hope. The shooting jump, though, to where he’s shooting 36.7 percent from 3 on three attempts per game, might be enough to keep his stock steady enough for him to leave and get picked high enough to get a guaranteed contract.

42. Minnesota Timberwolves

Tres Tinkle | 6-7 wing | 23 years old, senior | Oregon State

Tinkle has taken what was told to him in the pre-draft process last year and done everything he can to improve. Evaluators liked everything about his offensive game except his jump shot’s inconsistency. So far this year, Tinkle is averaging 19.7 points, seven rebounds, four assists, and shooting 44.6 percent from 3. Because he’s a high-IQ player who can attack off the bounce, the jumper improvement is a really interesting development that makes him a draftable prospect.

43. Chicago Bulls (via MEM)

Jared Butler | 6-3 guard | 20 years old, sophomore | Baylor

Butler has been the Big 12’s breakout guy this season, averaging 16.3 points while shooting 40.2 percent from 3. He’s an undersized combo guard, but he tends to make good decisions on the floor and is extremely good at knocking down shots. There’s a role for that in today’s NBA as long as he can keep defending at a high level, as all of Baylor has done so far this season.

44. Portland Trail Blazers

Robert Woodard | 6-7 forward | 20 years old, sophomore | Mississippi State

Woodard is a second-season breakout combo forward at 6-foot-7 with a 7-foot-1 wingspan who can knock down shots. He’s averaging 11.8 points and 7.7 rebounds while hitting 49.1 percent from the field and 53 percent from 3. The 3-point number is a small sample and it’s likely to go down, but the shot mechanics here look improved. He’s also a bit better of a defender than what he showed last year. As a second round flyer, he makes sense for someone.

45. San Antonio Spurs

Kaleb Wesson | 6-10 center | 20 years old, junior | Ohio State

Few players have improved their standing as much as Wesson, a 6-10 center who dropped something in the range of 25 pounds over the summer to become much more mobile. The result is a player who is no longer a complete and utter liability on defense in space, and someone who looks just a bit more fluid and explosive than what he was last year. It also helps that Wesson has always had skill and touch, and he’s scoring 14.5 points and and 9.2 rebounds while hitting 42 percent of his 3s from the center position.

46. Boston Celtics (via BKN)

Grant Riller | 6-3 guard | 22 years old, senior | Charleston

This is the guy I just can’t quit on this year. Riller is an elite, elite level finisher inside for a guard, and has terrific handle to break down defenders at a high level. He’s averaging 22.2 points, 5.5 rebounds and five assists per game, while shooting 53 percent from the field. The problem for Riller, however, is the 3-point shot. He takes a lot of tough ones, but he’s at 30 percent after being an inconsistent shooter over the course of his three years in school. Basically, the team who selects him needs to believe they can fix the jumper. But if they can, he is an NBA player, in my opinion.

47. Orlando Magic

Derrick Alston | 6-8 forward | 22 years old, junior | Boise State

Alston has been a monster for Boise State this season, and at 6-foot-8 with a 7-foot-plus wingspan, has great dimensions for an NBA forward. He’s averaging 20 points, 5.4 rebounds and 3.3 assists while hitting 36 percent from 3. The two issues are that he’s extremely skinny and a bit turnover prone, but if Alston can iron out the jumper a bit more, he has great ball skill and size that he could turn into a real NBA role.

48. Oklahoma City Thunder

Cassius Stanley | 6-6 wing | 19 years old, freshman | Duke

Stanley has done an excellent job of putting himself on the map for NBA teams with his athleticism this season. His leaping ability has caught the eye of evaluators all over the league, as Duke has been seen as much as anyone in the country. He’s also done a great job of filling a role for the Blue Devils, largely just taking what’s given to him. I don’t really love his ballhandling ability for a guard, and I really don’t buy the shot right now despite the fact that the percentage says 44.4 on limited attempts. He shoots from out in front of his face, with a hitch, and the ball ends up on a line drive. Still, to make himself a top-50 prospect as a freshman is impressive, and he’s got a shot to help himself rise even further.

49. Indiana Pacers

Anthony Lamb | 6-6 forward | 22 years old, senior | Vermont

One of the smarter college basketball players this year, Lamb has been remarkably productive for Vermont for a long time now. His numbers have taken a bit of a dive this year, as he’s averaging just 17 points while shooting 23 percent from 3. But he’s a better shooter than that, and the thing he has going for him is that his best performance of the season occurred in the most heavily scouted game of Vermont’s season against Virginia, where he dropped 30 points. There are real concerns about his athleticism and defensive ability at the next level. But he’s a great decision maker and the kind of combo forward that teams are looking for as long as the shot rebounds.

50. Philadelphia 76ers

Amar Sylla | 6-9 center | 18 years old | Oostende

Sylla is an interesting big prospect with great length who is in his first professional season in the Belgian league this season. The offensive game there has been extremely ugly. He’s shooting just 37.6 percent from the field and 18 percent on three 3-point attempts per game. He also has a 1-to-2 assist-to-turnover ratio. But he’s young, athletic, and the upside has always been on defense due to his 7-foot-2 wingspan and quickness. Nevertheless, scouts are intrigued with stashing him.

51. Philadelphia 76ers (via DAL)

A.J. Lawson | 6-6 guard | 20 years old, sophomore | South Carolina

Lawson has been one of my favorites for a little while, and he’s taken a solid leap as a sophomore scorer for South Carolina. He’s averaging 15 points, three rebounds and three assists while shooting over 44 percent from the field as a 6-foot-6 lead guard. The issue remains shooting consistency, though, as he’s hit 34 percent from 3 despite being a strong free throw shooting. He’s an interesting long-term creator.

52. Dallas Mavericks (via UTA)

Abdoulaye N’Doye | 6-7 guard | 21 years old | Cholet

N’Doye has long been intriguing if only due to his physical dimensions, as a 6-foot-7 guard with a 7-foot-3 wingspan. This year, he’s put a lot of it together, and is averaging 11.6 points, 4.8 rebounds and 3.7 assists in the French league in his draft-eligible season. If that production keeps up, I think he has a real chance to rise up boards late in the process as teams start looking for late bloomers (even though N’Doye has been on the radar for a while). He’s a definite top-45 guy for me.

53. Toronto Raptors

Paul Eboua | 6-8 forward | 19 years old | Pesaro

Eboua has been in double-figures in five of his last nine games, and seems to be coming along from an offensive perspective. And at 6-foot-8 with a 7-foot-3 wingspan and massive hands, he’s a monster defensive player. Toronto obviously specializes in these types of guys and tends to have success with them. This is a late bloomer profile if it comes together, but if it clicks together, it should work out well.

54. Los Angeles Clippers

Ayo Dosunmu | 6-4 guard | 20 years old, sophomore | Illinois

Dosunmu has been one of the more disappointing players in the country this year, looking mostly like the same guy he was last year for Illinois. He’s still a terror out in transition because of his long strides and open-floor ballhandling, but in the halfcourt it’s tough to find what to do with him. He’s still not nearly a consistent enough shooter, and has been a bit more turnover prone this year. I think someone would take a shot if he declared, but he hasn’t helped himself.

55. Sacramento Kings (via HOU)

Markus Howard | 5-11 guard | 20 years old, senior | Marquette

Howard is a genuine outlier as a pull-up shooter, and he’s doing his thing again this year. He’s averaging 27 points per game and shooting 45 percent from 3 because that’s what Markus Howard does. He gets buckets. He’s also under 6-foot tall and has a negative assist-to-turnover ratio, which means he’s a very situational prospect in that he needs a bigger distributor to be successful. But Howard absolutely deserves a shot. Even if the defense is a disaster, he’s the best shooter in the country, and shooting matters.

56. Brooklyn Nets (via DEN)

Corey Kispert | 6-6 wing | 21 years old, junior | Gonzaga

Kispert has been an absolute stud recently for Gonzaga. He’s averaging 15.9 points and five rebounds while shooting at an absurd 52.7/47.0/81.3 clip. He’s also a better athlete than you think, and is tough defensively even if his feet aren’t great. He has a chance to rise up the board if Gonzaga stays at No. 1 for a while due to attention.

57. Sacramento Kings (via MIA)

Reggie Perry | 6-10 center | 19 years old, sophomore | Mississippi State

Perry was good at both the G League Combine and the NBA Combine last year, and then went to the U19 World Cup this summer and won the MVP by averaging 17 points. So far this season, he’s averaging 16 points and 10 rebounds, and is doing a better job with the ball in his hands. But the jumper hasn’t taken a step forward, and he’s always been something of a tweener on defense. He has a shot to make it, but is more of a second round option.

58. Charlotte Hornets (via BOS)

Mason Jones | 6-6 wing | 21 years old, junior | Arkansas

Jones has been another breakout SEC player, averaging 19.5 points and 6.5 rebounds on the wing. Formerly 250 pounds, Jones has dropped down to 210 pounds and credibly play as a power athlete that can attack the basket with ease at the college level. The shooting has been solid this year, as Jones has hit 35 percent from 3 on six attempts per game. Scouts do want to see how real the numbers are as the season kicks into gear, but Jones has a shot to push himself in the draft.

59. Orlando Magic (via LAL)

Mamadi Diakite | 6-10 forward/center | 22 years old, senior | Virginia

Diakite is starting to knock down some 3s, hitting 38 percent this season from distance. And at 6-10 with a 7-4 wingspan, he’s a good rim protector who can also defend on the perimeter. There isn’t much other offensive skill here at this stage, though, so it’s all betting on the shooting being real. It’s probably worth a bet later in the draft.

60. New Orleans Pelicans (via MIL)

Udoka Azubuike | 7-0 wing | 20 years old, senior | Kansas

Azubuike has been his typical self this season, and at 6-foot-11 with a 7-foot-7 wingspan, is among the best finishers in all of college basketball as he shoots 81 percent from the field. He’s also in much better shape than he’s ever been in. But on defense, questions remain about his ability to guard in space, as he has a real shot to be a liability there.
As we enter conference play and enter the calendar year of 2020, it’s time to update The Athletic’s 2020 NBA Mock Draft.

As we’ve covered many times in these virtual pages, this draft is still wide open and not considered to be a particularly strong class of players. There is plenty of time for guys to grow and mature and improve their standing, but this isn’t going to be a similar process to the last few years. Even as high No.1 overall, there is no consensus right now about who the guy is because no one has come and taken it. The lottery has uncertainty throughout it. Few guys look like a normal top-five pick in an average draft.

Beyond those spots, I had two separate agents in two separate phone calls bring up the idea that the draft pool as a whole is wider this year. They each estimated that over 100 to 150 players are in the mix to be drafted when it’s all said and done. It’s all that open right now, depending on who declares, who stays in school, who makes a push up the draft board, and how many guys can actually establish themselves in conference play. Every year around this time, guys off the board start to assert themselves. The NCAA Tournament also pushes players into the forefront of evaluators’ minds, and because everyone is so clustered together this year, sources around the industry expect that to have an outsized voice in what happens through the process because executives will still be sorting through everyone.

Even sources around college basketball, they can’t quite pinpoint which players seem likely to test their stock or just return to school. Because things are such a mess, there is ample room for opportunity to move up the board and get noticed with something as small as a good month. But also because very few guys are truly ready to play in the NBA next season, there is a thought that more players will stay in school and look at the long game. This draft is going to be a fascinating exercise of guys trying to exploit where their stock is and guaranteeing themselves money versus guys deciding to prioritize what their best avenue for long-term growth is.

So with that being said, here is where the mock draft stands as we head deeper into 2020. This thing is as up in the air as I can remember it this late in the process.

Some quick notes on this mock draft:

• The order below is based on team record as of Monday, Jan. 6.

• The mock draft is starting to be more of about what I’m hearing from sources about draft ranges on specific kids, as opposed to it more being about where I am on kids. I’ll have an updated top-100 big board ranking later this month that will be more about me. But again, this mock draft comes as a result of having spoken to dozens of sources across the landscape of basketball, including NBA executives, scouts, agents and college coaches.

• This mock draft DOES account for team needs in some regard, although not to the fullest extent given that the trade deadline has not come and gone, and teams will look different by the time next month rolls around.

1. Atlanta Hawks

Anthony Edwards | 6-5 guard | 18 years old, freshman | Georgia

The Hawks are going to be in an interesting spot on draft night. They have more cap space than anyone entering the offseason, and a somewhat interesting situation for free agents given the city and given the presence of Trae Young and other young players. For my money, the two holes they need to fill: they need an interior rim protector on defense at the center position, and they need a secondary scorer who can play next to Young and play at a high level on defense. The team should be able to fill both of those spots this summer. But which order do they go about accomplishing that? Do you do center in the draft, and wings in free agency? Or vice versa?

For me, the answer is clear. The Hawks should be prioritizing getting another wing in the draft. It’s too hard to get accomplished wings in free agency at a reasonable price. And typically, there are plenty of big men around in free agency or available via trade. So with that being said, I think keeping Edwards home makes a lot of sense. An Atlanta native, Edwards is a bit of a gunner, but his mix of power and athleticism would play extremely well next to Young’s finesse and shooting. Edwards is averaging 18.4 points as a freshman, and has been the player mentioned most to me as the best prospect in the class overall. I wouldn’t call Edwards the consensus top guy (it’s more of a plurality for scouts right now), but he’s the player who has the most star power in this class, in my opinion. Still, the race for No. 1 is wide open. It will be dependent upon who gets the pick, and how the rest of the year finishes. As I wrote about recently, there is no surefire No. 1 guy in the way that Zion Williamson, Deandre Ayton/Luka Doncic, Markelle Fultz or Ben Simmons were.

It’s also worth noting that the team that gets the No. 1 overall pick will be forced to shell out a four-year, $47 million contract to the top spot. That’s not exactly a riskless endeavor and will lead to the No. 1 overall pick this year being seen as more in the vicinity of being a normal top-five pick as opposed to the typical intensely valuable No. 1 spot.

2. Golden State Warriors

James Wiseman | 7-1 center | 19 years old, freshman | Memphis (sort of)

As I wrote when Wiseman decided to leave Memphis for good, there is already some speculation league-wide that the Warriors will look to move this pick for a player who could help them sooner rather than later. Obviously, a lot will depend on how the rest of the season goes, how the lottery shakes out and where the Warriors are selecting. Legitimately, we don’t know yet how valuable this asset is for them. It wouldn’t be a surprise, though, to see them shop this pick given that the team fancies itself contenders again as soon as next season.

But we’re not projecting trades on this board, and the Warriors do have a need to fill at the center position. And more importantly, the executives in charge of the Warriors have tried to fill that need many times over in the last few years, between using draft picks on Damian Jones, Kevon Looney and Festus Ezeli to bringing in free agent centers. Wiseman is a high-upside, impact defensive player. He’s 7-foot-1 with a 7-foot-6 or so wingspan, and he shuts down the paint with that length at a high level. He also moves well all across the court, and has some shooting potential. I’ve broken him down more on this site than anyone else in the class. Here’s the most recent one, in addition to the above link in the first sentence breaking down the best fits for him in the class.

3. Cleveland Cavaliers

LaMelo Ball | 6-6 guard | 18 years old | Illawarra Hawks

The Cavaliers seem set on trying to find the absolute best prospect with the most upside. They want to find the next guy they can build their roster around. And while I generally am higher on Collin Sexton than consensus seems to be, he’s not that. The jury is still out on Darius Garland, as his assist percentage versus turnover percentage is negative (his assist-to-turnover numbers are about 1.25 to 1), and he hasn’t been particularly efficient as a scorer. I do think the Cavs would do well to balance out their roster a bit more (especially after also acquiring young guard Dante Exum in the Jordan Clarkson trade), I’m just not sure that they are worried about anything beyond finding that centerpiece.

At the very least, Ball has the most upside. At 6-foot-6 with terrific ballhandling ability and vision, Ball is the best playmaker for others in this class. He’s an elite distributor of the ball, seeing things on the court multiple steps before they happen. He’s averaging 17 points, 6.8 assists and 5.6 rebounds in Australia for Illawarra, in an offense that is catered to him in every way. Still, to do that against professionals that are at a higher level than what he would have consistently faced in college is very impressive, and says a lot about where his feel for the game is. Still, there are drawbacks here. He shot 25 percent from 3 this season in Australia, and his defense is, on the whole, a negative despite some positive aspects for him to build upon.

In this case, I think the Cavaliers want as many bites at the apple as possible to try to get someone to develop into a star. Ball has the best shot to be that at this stage in the draft.

4. New York Knicks

Cole Anthony | 6-3 guard | 19 years old, freshman | North Carolina

The Knicks need basically everything other than a center of the future, where Mitchell Robinson looks set to hold down the fort for a while. R.J. Barrett looks like another long-term keeper despite his rough start to the season efficiency-wise, but they could pick just about any wing position to put next to him as long as that player can shoot.

Particularly though, the Knicks need a point guard of the future. Dennis Smith Jr. has struggled immensely this season and does not look like the answer. Elfrid Payton just isn’t quite good enough and can’t shoot, which makes him a tough fit with Barrett and Robinson long-term. So here, the Knicks take a guard in Anthony who has struggled a bit this season at North Carolina, but profiles well as a strong fit. I wouldn’t really take his stats this season as representative of much. North Carolina’s talent level is as down as I’ve ever seen it. Every time Anthony drove, he was double-and-triple teamed because teams didn’t think his teammates could hurt them. But at the end of the day, Anthony is a maestro with the ball in his hand, capable of getting separation due to his ability to get in and out of his moves with speed. Additionally, he can knock down shots off the dribble, and I think he was an underrated distributor at prep levels in events where he was surrounded by talented teammates.

5. Washington Wizards

Jaden McDaniels | 6-10 forward | 18 years old, freshman | Washington

The Wizards have been really fun this year, and have enough assets to where I think they might convince themselves to take a shot at the playoffs next season. Bradley Beal and John Wall are currently in place. It’s unclear on how well Wall will play upon returning from injury, but he’s a part of this thing long-term whether the Wizards like it or not, due to his contract. They also have Thomas Bryant signed for two more years inside, and the Davis Bertans’ breakout has given them another asset if they’re able to retain him in free agency (something that is currently their goal). Additionally, Rui Hachimura looks like a strong offensive scorer who will be there long-term, and Troy Brown has played well over the last few weeks. So really, I think this is a case where the Wizards will probably just be looking for the best player available.

As noted in the most recent draft buzz column, McDaniels has been the guy that I’ve gotten the most positive feedback on over the last few weeks. He’s averaging 13.3 points, 5.4 rebounds and 2.4 assists per game. Plus, unlike some of the more productive big men in the draft — including his teammate Isaiah Stewart — McDaniels plays a perimeter-oriented game that should translate well to the next level as long as he keeps adding to his frame and getting stronger. He’s hitting 36.4 percent from 3 and making free throws at a high clip. Despite McDaniels’ slight frame, scouts have been impressed with his ability to absorb contact and not get shoved away from the spots he wants to get to on the floor when he drives. And defensively, he’s been quite strong. Scouts do want to see him against stronger competition now that Washington has entered Pac-12 play, but McDaniels has a real shot to jump up boards.

6. New Orleans Pelicans

Deni Avdija | 6-8 forward | 18 years old | Maccabi Tel-Aviv

The Pelicans roster is pretty loaded with interesting players. At center, they have Jaxson Hayes. The frontcourt features Brandon Ingram and Zion Williamson. In the backcourt, Jrue Holiday, Lonzo Ball, and Nickeil Alexander-Walker are around. Josh Hart is a reliable wing. Basically, this is a loaded roster that just needs Williamson back, and it is set to take a leap. And none of this even accounts for terrific veterans like Derrick Favors and JJ Redick.

So, the Pellies should be taking best player available. Here, I’ve gone with Avdija, who should provide some further forward depth behind their two stars. Avdija is one of the higher feel players in this class. He’s getting legitimate minutes as an 18-year-old for a high-level Euroleague team in Maccabi Tel Aviv, and averaging six points, 4.2 rebounds and 1.6 assists per game while generally making good decisions with the ball. He’s also an underrated athlete who can really move around the floor and defend a few positions.

Still, Avdija is probably not quite ready to step into the NBA from Day One, because he really needs to improve as a shooter. The mechanics don’t look all that bad, but the shot has just never fallen at a high enough clip. He’s hitting 26 percent of his 3s so far this season, and just 54 percent of his free throws. Those are marks in line with his past, too. Ultimately, he needs to really hit shots at some point to prove his value.

7. Detroit Pistons

Tyrese Haliburton | 6-5 guard | 19 years old, sophomore | Iowa State

The Pistons look like they’re about to enter an extended rebuild. Andre Drummond is a free agent this summer and the team is exploring the trade market for him. Blake Griffin’s injuries make his future look pretty uncertain. Reggie Jackson is a free agent this summer, as is Langston Galloway. Basically, they’re going to be turning over the whole team here soon and should be looking for the best player available.

Right now, I think that’s Haliburton. He’s having a monstrous all-around season for Iowa State, and would be a pretty exceptional backcourt fit with Luke Kennard. He’s averaging a pretty absurd 16.7 points, 6.0 rebounds and 7.7 assists for Iowa State, even as the Cyclones struggle. He’s also posting a 51.6/41.0/75.0 shooting slash line that makes it look like he’s one of the most efficient players in the country, and his defensive ability at 6-foot-5 is pretty strong both on and off ball.

So why is he not a top-five pick? I think he has a shot to be that, but the tape doesn’t quite pop in the way that the numbers do. The jump shot concerns NBA teams because it takes some time to get off and has a bit of a funky release. He doesn’t have crazy burst, which might mean he’s more of an off lead guard who pushes in transition as opposed to a true halfcourt lead guard.

8. Chicago Bulls

Tyrese Maxey | 6-3 guard | 18 years old, freshman | Kentucky

The Bulls have a pretty real need on the wing. That’s been the team’s biggest personnel-based issue this season. They often end up having to play a bunch of weird, three-point-guard lineups (ones that sometimes are effective because Kris Dunn and Tomas Satoransky are bigger guards). However, there’s not really a guy in this area of the draft who makes sense on the wing. Maybe you can make a case for Okoro, but the Bulls also need shooting in a big way.

So instead, I’ve gone with a combo guard. Maxey has been simultaneously really good, and also has raised some question marks. On the plus side, he is the go-to scorer for a Kentucky team, and he’s largely been successful in that role. His floater game is superb, he has great strength and good handle to get to the basket, and he’s a really smart mover away from the ball. He’s also an elite-level on-ball defender in a way that I can see Chicago’s current coaching staff and front office really appreciating.

However, Maxey has also shot the ball really poorly this year. Most evaluators do believe in him as a good shooter, but he’s connected on just 28 percent of his 3s this season. Additonally, Maxey hasn’t quite shown that short-area burst that teams want from lead guards, which will likely make him a bit more of an off-guard scorer at 6-foot-3 who can also defend point guards. Nonetheless, I really buy into Maxey’s make up, and buy into him as a potentially terrific role player at the next level.

9. Sacramento Kings

R.J. Hampton | 6-5 guard | 18 years old | New Zealand Breakers

The Kings have young players or contracted players all across the positional spectrum, and thus will probably be looking just to take the best player available at this stage in their development. Having said that, taking a combo guard could help insulate them from losing Bogdan Bogdanovic in restricted free agency this summer.

Hampton would be that kind of player. His season in Australia has gone largely according to plan, as Hampton has played better than any other import the country has seen pre-draft not named LaMelo. He’s playing over 21 minutes per night in a pro league, averaging 9.6 points, four rebounds, and 2.4 assists on a 51 true-shooting percentage. He’s also limited his turnovers well, and done a solid job being a second-side playmaker for the Breakers while playing a much more limited role than Ball in a more structured scheme.

He should come over and be a bit more ready than the typical teenager to play in the NBA next season after having dealt with physicality in a very rugged league. He should also be a bit more ready to play defensively. Ultimately, Hampton’s role is going to be that of a combo guard, so how he shoots it and keeps developing as a scorer is going to be critical to where his career goes. But there is enough here to warrant a top-10 pick.

10. Charlotte Hornets

Obi Toppin | 6-9 forward/center | 21 years old, sophomore | Dayton

The Hornets have a tendency to select high-achieving collegiate players in the draft. Guys like PJ Washington, Malik Monk, Miles Bridges, Cody Zeller, Kemba Walker, and more. At this point, it’s almost become a pre-requisite to be something resembling an All-American for the Hornets to take you.

Toppin fits that billing perfectly. He’s arguably the most effective big man in college basketball this season, a pogo stick of athleticism that is a dunking machine inside. He can drive and take advantage of defenders playing too tightly against him. He can short roll and attack the rim with the ball. He can pop out from 3 and knock down shots from distance at a high clip, having hit 36 percent from distance this year. Or he’ll just catch a lob and dunk on you.

He’s averaging an absurd 19.5 points, 7.7 rebounds, 2.2 assists, 1.0 steals and 1.3 blocks per game on a 67.9 true-shooting percentage. I think there’s a reasonable case that he’s been one of the five best players in the country so far this season, and he’s certainly a difference maker for a Dayton team that runs about as modern a style of offense as you’ll find in college basketball. I’m a huge fan of Toppin’s and think he’s going to be a good, ready-made player for next year in the NBA.

11. Phoenix Suns

Precious Achiuwa | 6-9 forward/center | 20 years old, freshman | Memphis

The Suns have clearly upgraded their depth across the roster this season, which really helps them insofar as it allows them to really just do what they want on draft night. They should just be able to take the best player available who is a non-center and try to fit him in with everything else they have.

In this case, I do think the Suns could use a bit more athleticism in the frontcourt. Achiuwa really makes a lot of sense there. He plays really hard for a big man, and is great at imposing his athleticism on the game due to that motor. He’s also been particularly strong since James Wiseman has been out. In those 11 games, Achiuwa has played mostly at the 5, and averaged 16 points, 11 rebounds, one assist, two blocks and 1.5 steals per game.

He’s also made five of his 11 3-point attempts — as a shooter he’s streaky but has improved dramatically over the course of the last few years. Ultimately, at 6-foot-9 with a 7-foot-2 wingspan and a 9-foot standing reach, I think Achiuwa’s best position is going to be a combination of the 4 and the small ball 5 at the next level. Being able to keep developing that shot will be critical to such a role. There is some downside here, and he looks to be a bit lost on defense sometimes. It’ll be critical for him to continue to show some acumen on that end to keep rising up boards. But right now, the activity level, athleticism, and shooting potential is enough for scouts.

12. Minnesota Timberwolves

Nico Mannion | 6-3 guard | 18 years old, freshman | Arizona

The Timberwolves have an awful lot of needs all over the court outside of the center position. But more than anything, I think they need a long-term answer at the lead guard position. Luckily for them, this draft is filled with awesome options at that spot, with seven of the top 14 players in this class either profiling as leads or combo guards.

In this case, the Wolves get Mannion, who would provide a terrific pick-and-roll partner for Towns due to his elite distribution ability. Mannion is one of those guards who sees things happen a couple of moments before they actually occur. He reads defenses expertly, and is also a good jump shooter with a solid floater game. He also doesn’t really turn the ball over, and keeps things well-oiled at all three levels on offense. He can make every pass, from pocket passes to kickouts to cross-corner whip passes.

The big question here is getting separation and getting all the way to the paint. He’s only taken nine shots at the rim in the halfcourt in 14 games, a startlingly low number for a lead guard expected to break down defenders consistently. It’s hard to be a starting guard without getting to the paint and scoring at the next level. Mannion might end up just being a high-level backup at the next level if he can’t quite figure that part of the game out. Having said that, though, I think Mannion is a pretty safe player to take here in a draft filled with landmines. He’ll play in the NBA for a long time due to his feel for the game.

13. Boston Celtics (via MEM)

Onyeka Okongwu | 6-9 center | 18 years old, freshman | USC

The Celtics are currently slated for three first round picks, meaning they’re going to get another infusion of young talent into this core. The big need on the Celtics right now is in the frontcourt at the center position. They need another guy that can play with their lineups, play hard, act as an impediment on defense inside, and fit within their culture.

It’s hard to imagine a better fit than Okongwu. He plays exceptionally hard on the floor, and it leads to all sorts of production for the 6-foot-9 center. Right now, he’s averaging 17.8 points, 9.2 rebounds and 2.9 blocks per game while shooting 61.9 percent from the field. He’s been a remarkably efficient post player, showcasing good touch over tough length. More than that, he’s been terrific at scoring points in a variety of ways that are translatable to the next level. He’s really smart at finding the soft timing in the defense from the dunker spot. He excels as a roller toward the hoop. He’s a monster on the offensive glass, and runs the floor in transition.

More than that though, Okongwu plays really hard on defense, and has the kind of athleticism that should translate to him being useful on that end of the floor despite being an undersized center. His intersection of strength and quickness should allow him to guard a bit on the perimeter, while also being able to bang with big men in the post and not be a mismatch target on the block. I’m a fan, and see the worst-case scenario here as a good third big man.

14. Portland Trail Blazers

Isaac Okoro | 6-6 wing | 18 years old, freshman | Auburn

The Blazers almost always draft for upside, and they almost always prioritize athleticism. Under Neil Olshey, the team’s philosophy tends to be that as they look to contend with Damian Lillard and C.J. McCollum, they’re probably not going to be able to find a rookie that can enter their rotation. So, they might as well take the guy they think has the highest upside.

Okoro fits that billing, and also helps fill a position of need a defense-first wing athlete. And to call him defense first is real. Okoro might be the best defensive wing in the country right now, and he’s only 18 years old. He’s an absolute monster athletically, and he flies around and makes plays while also consistently staying close enough guarding position to handle his man. Offensively, things are a bit more of a work in progress. Okoro is an exceptional finisher due to that leaping ability, and his feel for the game is strong. He makes plays for his teammates, and can pass it a bit. He’s averaging 12.9 points for a well-rounded Auburn scoring attack.

The big question is the jump shot. He’s hitting just 20 percent from 3 this season, which is a real issue for a guy you’re projecting as a role player on offense so that you can get his defense on the floor. I’m not a huge fan of the mechanics, but I do think he has enough touch to be good. Ultimately though, that’s why he’s more of an end-of-lottery guy right now. He needs to show more upside as a shooter sooner rather than later.

15. San Antonio Spurs

Killian Hayes | 6-5 guard | 18 years old, freshman | Ulm

The Spurs obviously have one of the best scouting staffs in the NBA on the international level, and they’ve also proven to be fans of bigger guards in recent drafts with the selections of Derrick White and Dejounte Murray. Hayes might seem superfluous to these two, but he actually brings a pretty different skillset than them. He’s a distributor first and foremost in the halfcourt, with tremendous vision in ball-screen scenarios. Playing for Ulm this season in Germany, he’s averaging 12.8 points and 6.5 assists in 10 Eurocup games so far, the second division European competition.

He’s also starting to shoot it a bit better from 3, and has always been a strong free throw shooter. And at 6-foot-5, he’s always been a versatile defender due to his size and basketball IQ. He seems like the kind of guy that the Spurs would covet in regard to the traits they look for in prospects.

16. Atlanta Hawks (via BKN)

Isaiah Stewart | 6-9 center | 18 years old, freshman | Washington

This would be something of a home run for the Hawks, in my opinion. The team takes care of one issue at the top of the draft, then takes a shot on a potential answer at the center position that has been incredibly productive as an 18-year-old at Washington. Stewart has some defensive worries that keep executives from being overly excited, but he’s been arguably the second-most productive freshman in the country behind Vernon Carey. He’s averaging 19.5 points and 9.1 rebounds per game with nearly two blocks in the center of Washington’s 2-3 zone. Much of his offense is generated out of the post, but executives do believe that his motor and finishing ability around the basket should allow him to be effective in pick-and-roll. Additionally, most executives who have been up to see him practice this season note that he can knock down shots from the perimeter in those settings, and should work out well.

Still, I do think the ceiling for Stewart is somewhat limited on draft night unless he really showcases that he can shut things down around the rim for the rest of the season. Because of Washington’s defensive scheme, he’s not going to get a chance to show that he can guard at all away from the basket. My bet is that he ends up in the No. 8 to 20 range.

17. Orlando Magic

Theo Maledon | 6-4 guard | 18 years old | ASVEL

The Magic may have their point guard of the future in Markelle Fultz. He’s coming off of a career high earlier this week with 25 points, and has looked better throughout the course of the season every time he’s stepped on the floor. Still, with D.J. Augustin entering free agency and a lack of certainty about Fultz’s future, the team does still have a general need at the point guard position.

Maledon makes sense for them as a gamble, as he fits a lot of what the Magic look for in a lead guard. At 6-foot-4 with a 6-9 or so wingspan, he has the kind of plus length and quick-twitch athleticism that they tend to value. Still, he’s fallen down the board after being seen as a potential top-10 pick entering the year because of struggles fitting into ASVEL’s rotation. An injury in October to his shoulder held him out for about five weeks, but he’s been inconsistent both prior to and since the injury occurred. He’s seen a downtick in efficiency (one that can’t be attributed to the uptick in quality of competition from ASVEL playing in Euroleague becuase he’s actually been slightly better there), and an unfortunate uptick in his turnover rate. He’s still a really intriguing prospect due to his athleticism and skill level, but this hasn’t been an awesome pre-draft year.

18. Oklahoma City Thunder

Zeke Nnaji | 6-10 forward/center | 18 years old, freshman | Arizona

The Thunder are certainly in something of a rebuilding stage, with the team being highly competitive right now around Chris Paul, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Steven Adams — all of whom are under contract next year as well. However, it’s clear that this team could also be in the market for moves if they come available. So, despite their success, this team could also look markedly different by the time the deadline and draft rolls around.

Still, Sam Presti does tend to value athleticism and upside in the draft. Nnaji has been one of the biggest risers in the pre-draft process thus far, to the point where most evaluators do believe he’ll hear his name called somewhere in the top-25, with most pegging his range in the post-lottery section if he decides to declare for the 2020 draft. He’s been extremely productive so far, averaging 16.6 points and 8.1 rebounds for Arizona so far. I’m not quite as high on him, as I’d have him currently near the end of the first round, but he’s unquestionably a great mix of athletic fluidity and touch. He’s extended his range out to around the college 3-point line, and possesses real mechanics that should allow him to keep improving. Defensively, he’s pretty terrible around the basket right now, but possesses potential as a pick-and-roll switch defender due to his mobility.

19. Milwaukee Bucks (from IND)

Kira Lewis Jr. | 6-4 guard | 18 years old, sophomore | Alabama

The Bucks don’t really have many holes, and thus should probably be looking for a best player available situation. Still, I do think that they could another backcourt option as a flyer just in case Eric Bledsoe doesn’t work out in the playoffs. Taking as many shots on finding the right guard as they can will be critical as they close down the end of Giannis Antetokounmpo’s second contract and hopefully continue to enter a long-term championship window with him in tow.

Lewis has been one of the more productive players in the country this season playing for an uptempo Alabama team that really likes to push the pace and go. That fits right into what his skillset is. He’s averaging nearly 17 points, 5.5 rebounds and 4.7 assists. However, he’s struggled a bit with his efficiency, only posting a 51.1 true-shooting percentage so far while surrounded by a less-than-stellar Alabama team. He’s one of the fastest players in this class, but hasn’t shot it well from distance this season, making only 31 percent from 3 after hitting 36 percent last season.

20. Brooklyn Nets (via PHI)

Josh Green | 6-6 wing | 19 years old, freshman | Arizona

Brooklyn has both Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant returning next season, and actually have some solid depth in both the frontcourt and the backcourt. More than anything, I think they could use some further cost-controlled depth on the wing as they keep trying to build out a championship contender with those two stars in the fold.

Green struggles a bit offensively in the halfcourt because he’s an inconsistent shooter, but his effort level and athleticism are superb. Green is a good defender because of that motor, and he can really push the ball out on the break and run the floor with a point guard. Still, to find success at the next level, the jump shot is going to have to keep improving. As I’ve written before, I don’t love the mechanics, but he does possess good touch if a team can get someone to adjust them a bit. He needs to get that number up from around 31 percent to 36 or so percent. If he does, he’ll stick in the NBA for a while because the rest of his game portends nicely to being a role player.

21. Dallas Mavericks

Vernon Carey Jr. | 6-10 center | 18 years old, freshman | Duke

The fact that the Mavericks have asked around about Andre Drummond is interesting to me, and says that they’re not completely sold on what they currently have at the center position. Indeed, it’s possible they might want to get some minutes at the 4 for Kristaps Porzingis, and allow him to reduce the wear and tear on his body. But instead of using assets to do that in a trade when the guy you acquire likely won’t be a guy who closes games for you, why not just use a later draft pick instead?

Carey has been the most productive per-minute freshman in college basketball this season. In just 23 minutes per game, Carey is averaging 18 points and nine rebounds per night while shooting 62.8 percent from the field and having made four 3s. He might be the strongest player in the country, and at 280 pounds he just carves out whatever space he wants on the floor. Now, that size will also be a hindrance for him in the NBA, and he’s probably going to have to cut down some of the weight to try and gain quickness at the next level. Otherwise, he has no chance of guarding on the perimeter, a necessary skill for today’s bigs even in drop-coverage schemes. If he does though, he has good feet, and a strong feel for the game that would allow him to be a really interesting player. In some way, he’s in a tough spot because the NBA is going away from his type of player, despite the fact that he’s been very good.

22. Toronto Raptors

Paul Reed | 6-9 forward | 21 years old, junior | DePaul

The Raptors will be going best player available given their current roster construction. There isn’t really much certainty there beyond Pascal Siakam, and the Raptors want to keep their cap space clean for the 2021 offseason.

Here, they go with a player who fits a lot of what Masai Ujiri and this scouting staff tend to value. Reed is 6-foot-9 with a wingspan over 7 feet. He’s been superb for DePaul so far this season, averaging 16.1 points, 11. 1 rebounds and 3.2 blocks per game while shooting 54 percent from the field and making nine 3s. The 21-year-old out of Florida can drive to the basket with great fluidity, and while his shooting mechanics give some pause, it’s clear there is some touch there. Defensively, Reed can move his feet out on the perimeter, and should be a good weak-side shot-blocker.

23. Utah Jazz

Tre Jones | 6-2 guard | 19 years old, sophomore | Duke

The Jazz have turned to Donovan Mitchell to stabilize the point guard position due to Mike Conley’s injury issues and some ineffectiveness there. They also don’t really have a great long-term option as a backup point guard after dealing Dante Exum.

Jones has been really quite terrific this season for Duke despite missing a few games. He’s averaging 14.2 points and 7.2 assists while still playing absolutely elite level defense at the point of attack. He still is struggling to shoot it, but it looks a bit better this season than it’s been in the past. His ability to distribute and get all of his teammates involved is elite, and he’s a way better athlete than he gets credit for, capable of buzzing in and out of the lane. Even if the shooting never totally comes along, it’s hard to see how Jones ends up being worse than a backup point guard. If it does come along, he has starter upside.

24. Los Angeles Clippers

Jahmi’us Ramsey | 6-4 guard | 18 years old, freshman | Texas Tech

The Clippers tend to value toughness and strong players. Guys who fit what they call “Clipper DNA” Both of their picks last year, Mfiondu Kabengele and Terance Mann, fit that to perfection. And with a loaded roster of depth across the board, it’s hard to find a position they really need, so they’re probably going best and highest upside available if they keep this pick.

Ramsey makes a lot of sense for them though, because the one thing they could use just a bit more of is scoring punch off the bench beyond Lou Williams and Montrezl Harrell. And with Harrell entering free agency this year and Williams continuing to age, it makes sense for them to try and keep adding. Unfortunately, the Jerome Robinson pick hasn’t paid off yet despite his presence in their rotation. They’ve given him a pretty substantial leash, and he hasn’t been able to produce. Ramsey is more in the Clippers’ wheelhouse, a 6-foot-4 power guard at 210 pounds with great athleticism, a creative game off the bounce, and shot-making ability. He’s averaging 17.7 points and 5.3 rebounds while shooting an absurd 48.3 percent from behind the 3-point line. That’ll trail off at some point, but scouts buy his shooting enough to think he has a shot to be a first round pick if he comes out.

25. Houston Rockets

Matthew Hurt | 6-9 forward | 19 years old, freshman | Duke

It wouldn’t be a shock to see the Rockets move this pick in a deal at the deadline, but for now it’s theirs. It’s hard to say what general manager Daryl Morey and company would place value on. The Rockets’ scheme in general, though, likes guys who can really shoot the basketball to place around James Harden, and likes guys who can defend multiple positions.

Hurt certainly fits that first billing. At 6-foot-9, Hurt is averaging 11.6 points while shooting 51.6 percent from the field and 41.1 percent from 3. Particularly, he’s really come on in the last eight games, upping those numbers to about 14 points and four rebounds per game while shooting 58 percent from the field and 43.3 percent from 3. I buy the offensive game as a secondary scorer an awful lot. Defensively, he’s going to need to get much stronger and prove that he can deal with the physicality of the NBA. But he has good feet and isn’t a disaster in switch scenarios against smaller guards. Now that he’s rolling, it wouldn’t be a total surprise to see him move back up the board at some point.

26. Oklahoma City Thunder (via DEN)

Aaron Nesmith | 6-6 wing | 19 years old, sophomore | Vanderbilt

The Thunder under Sam Presti have tended to take athletic guys with length who are strong defenders and have plus character traits. And typically, they either go for the high upside athlete that is an undervalued asset (Steven Adams, Russell Westbrook, Darius Bazley or Terrance Ferguson, for instance), or the high floor player (Josh Huestis, Andre Roberson).

In this case, I value the personnel side of that equation more than the archetypal fit. Nesmith has been one of the country’s breakout scorers this season, averaging 23.4 points and 4.7 rebounds so far. The big key has been Nesmith’s shooting, as he’s currently clocking in at a blistering 51.8 3-point percentage on an absurd eight attempts per game. That’s going to come down as Vanderbilt’s competition level picks up, And at 6-foot-6 with about a 6-foot-10 wingspan, Nesmith has good length and size to play on the wing in the NBA. He’s not the best athlete, and he needs to prove that he sees the floor better in regard to his passing once teams start to try to shut him down in pre-game scouting. But right now, it’s easy to envision him as a first-round pick given the emphasis on shooting in the NBA.

27. Miami Heat

Patrick Williams | 6-8 forward/wing | 18 years old, freshman | Florida State

The Heat love high-upside guys, and high character guys who are really willing to put in the work, particularly on their frames. There may not be an organization around the league better at developing young players than the Miami Heat, who consistently turn a non-asset into a major asset. They’re taking the best player available, period.

Williams is right in their wheelhouse. He’s really quite raw offensively, but there is a ton of skill and upside here. He’s a terrific athlete who plays hard on defense and consistently makes action plays happen. He has good hands and reaction time, plus is a strong weak side shot-blocker. The numbers look pedestrian, as he’s only averaging about eight points and three rebounds per game, but he’s coming off of the bench for a deep Florida State team and should move into a more prominent role as the season progresses and he keeps developing. Maybe he’s not a one-and-done at the end of the day, but he has a real chance to be one if things break right and the Seminoles keep winning.

28. Boston Celtics

Saddiq Bey | 6-8 wing | 20 years old, sophomore | Villanova

With three first rounders this season, the Celtics will likely look into filling multiple positional holes. One thing they could use is another big wing that can knock down shots from the perimeter.

For my money, there have been few more underrated and underappreciated players than season than Bey. He’s been absolutely terrific for Villanova, the best player on a team that should win the Big East this season. And more than anything, he really helps teams win games on both ends. He’s a great defender who can take on tough assignments such as Devon Dotson as a point guard at Kansas, or even some bigger forwards when Villanova plays small. And above that even, Bey has been a killer shooter knocking down 38.2 percent of his 3s while averaging nearly 15 points a night as Nova has slowed down the pace this season. If he comes out, look for him to be a late first, early second round type of player.

29. Los Angeles Lakers

Cassius Winston | 6-1 guard | 22 years old, senior | Michigan State

The Lakers could use another playmaker and lead guard in the backcourt. Rajon Rondo has been the type of inconsistent late career presence he’s been over the last few years, and Alex Caruso has turned into a cult figure due to the way he defends and keeps the ball moving off the bench. But this team could use a pick-and-roll playmaker that can both take and make his own shots as well as involve his teammates.

Enter Winston. There is no better pick-and-roll guard in college basketball, a tremendous three-level scorer out of ball-screen actions who has all of the passes in his toolbox. He’s averaging nearly 19 points per game while posting an assist rate over 40 percent for the fourth straight season in college. Additionally, his turnover rate is at an all-time low this season. And he’s done it all with the specter of his brother’s death hanging over him throughout the season. Winston is the best offensive player at the college basketball level this season. His lack of athleticism may hold him back a bit in the NBA, but he will carve out a role at the next level.

30. Boston Celtics (via MIL)

Xavier Tillman | 6-9 center | 21 years old, junior | Michigan State

Winston’s partner in the pick-and-roll is Tillman, and Tillman does his part exceedingly well in that relationship. No big man in the country is as nuanced in the way he sets screens and does little things to help carve out space for his guards. He’s also extremely versatile in the way he can roll and keep the lane spaced. He can pop out and knock down 3s at 34.6 percent clip. He can short roll and make passes at an exceedingly high level for a big, averaging about three per game right now. And as a finisher, Tillman is hitting 60.7 percent of his 2-point baskets.

Oh yeah, and he’s a terrifically switchable defensive player who can really move his feet and defend both in space and on the interior. Tillman is the kind of guy who I think sticks around the NBA for a long while. Maybe it’s just as a third big man, but he can really play and do all of the little things a team asks of its modern day big men.

SECOND ROUND

31. Philadelphia 76ers (via ATL)

Isaiah Joe | 6-5 wing | 19 years old, sophomore | Arkansas

For me, Joe is one of the best shooters in this draft class. Over his year and a half at Arkansas, he has hit 39.4 percent of his 414 3-point attempts. Even just getting up that many 3-point attempts speaks to how ridiculous Joe is as a shooter. Personally, I’m a huge fan, and I think his feel for the game is underrated. Still, NBA teams have some worries about his bulk and frame, as he’s quite skinny and could struggle defensively at the next level.

32. Dallas Mavericks (via GSW)

Jordan Nwora | 6-7 wing/forward | 21 years old, junior | Louisville

Nwora is another high-level shooter in this class who has hit a high percentage of 3s in his career at Louisville. He has a quick release, and is an underrated vertical athlete. But his defensive ability raises real questions, as he doesn’t move particularly well laterally and is heavy-footed. The Mavericks have placed a real value on spacing the floor around Luka Doncic, and Nwora makes sense as another option there on the wing and in the frontcourt.

33. Philadelphia 76ers (via NYK)

Devon Dotson | 6-2 guard | 20 years old, sophomore | Kansas

Another thing the 76ers need is more depth across the backcourt. I’m not the biggest fan of Ben Simmons as a point guard in the halfcourt, and they’re playing a lot of Trey Burke off the bench. Burke has been solid thus far, but isn’t signed through next season. Dotson would be a good get, as his tough-mindedness and defensive ability would fit well at the point of attack. He’s also a strong ballhandler, and can create both for himself and as a passer.

34. Charlotte Hornets (via CLE)

Daniel Oturu | 6-10 center | 20 years old, sophomore | Minnesota

Oturu is a guy genuinely climbing up draft boards right now. He’s been one of the breakout stars of the college season, averaging 19 points, 12 rebounds and three blocks per game for Minnesota this season. There is some question about his feel for the game on offense, as he has an assist-to-turnover ratio of 1-to-3. Teams are also interested to get an accurate size on just how tall he is. However, he’s a terrific, bouncy athlete, and has displayed good touch around the basket as a driver and in the post. He’s also a legitimate rim protector, who swats shots with impunity inside. He has a real shot to go in the first round if he keeps playing up to this standard against Big Ten competition.

35. New Orleans Pelicans

Scottie Lewis | 6-5 wing | 19 years old, freshman | Florida

Lewis really struggled early in the season on offense, and teams have serious questions about how they could get him on the floor right now. However, he’s arguably the best wing defender in the class due to a 7-foot wingspan and insatiable work ethic that should allow him to keep growing as a player. And don’t look now, but Lewis has been much better over his last three games, seemingly finally fitting into Florida’s scheme a bit better. This is far from a Kahlil Whitney-type situation; Lewis has a shot still to end up in Round One by the time it’s all said and done.

36. New Orleans Pelicans (via WAS)

Aleksej Pokusevski | 7-0 center | 18 years old | Olympicacos B

Pokusevski has been another breakout big man this season, playing in Greece’s second division for Olympiacos’ second team. He’s 7-foot tall with a 7-foot-3 wingspan, meaning he has legitimate center size in the NBA. He’s a good shot-blocker, and has also displayed some modern potential as a shooter. The problem: he’s extremely skinny at about 200 pounds. Still, he’s posting 12 points and eight rebounds per game this season, and is seen as an intriguing potential stash candidate for teams not looking to pay draft picks right now.

37. Sacramento Kings (via DET)

Ashton Hagans | 6-3 point guard | 20 years old, sophomore | Kentucky

I have a soft spot for Hagans. He’s one of my favorite players in college basketball this season, a legitimate leader of his team that provides so much positive energy. He’s also just generally the kind of dude I like having around: a tough, no-nonsense dude that will rip your throat out on the floor if you let him with his on-ball defense. I know the shooting is a concern, but he’s improved drastically as an on-ball playmaking passer this year. I’m probably going to be higher on Hagans than most this year, and I’m comfortable with that.

38. Washington Wizards (via CHI)

Trendon Watford | 6-9 forward | 19 years old, freshman | LSU

Watford had a bit of a tough start to the season, turning the ball over a ton and displaying a lot of inefficiency. He’s since righted the ship a bit, and is averaging 12.8 points and 6.3 rebounds while hitting eight 3s. Ultimately, Watford might end up as a two-year player, and if that was to be the case, it would help him to improve upon his shooting before leaving LSU. Still, if he chooses to come out, I think someone would take a shot on a 6-foot-9 guy with potential to make plays and shoot it at a high clip while possessing a 7-foot-3 wingspan.

39. Sacramento Kings

Myles Powell | 6-2 guard | 21 years old, senior | Seton Hall

Powell’s unbelievable shooting start has slowed down a touch, in part due to a concussion he suffered. However, he’s still one of the best scorers in college basketball, a terrific pull-up threat who has led Seton Hall’s offense to a strong start to the season. He’s averaging 21.2 points a night. And while he’s a bit undersized a 6-foot-2, he’s powerful and not a defensive liability because of that strength.

40. New York Knicks (via CHA)

Joel Ayayi | 6-5 guard | 19 years old, sophomore | Gonzaga

Ayayi is one of the toughest prospects to place on the board right now. He just recently entered Gonzaga’s starting lineup. And since Battle 4 Atlantis, he’s been absolutely terrific. Ayayi is averaging 12.9 points, seven rebounds, and four assists per game 52.3 percent from the field and 36 percent from 3. And yet, things are still quite rudimentary despite his clear athleticism and feel for the game. Ayayi isn’t the best ballhandler for a guard, and his shot can be a bit mechanical. Some scouts think he is a potential first rounder, while others think he should stay in school. I think he’s Gonzaga’s best long-term prospect, though, and if the team makes a run in the tourney, it’s going to be tough for him not to look great in the process.

41. Memphis Grizzlies (via PHX)

Jalen Smith | 6-11 center | 20 years old, sophomore | Maryland

Smith hasn’t really taken the next step forward that most evaluators hoped this season. While the jump shot looks better and cleaner, he’s still an extremely upright athlete who doesn’t get the most out of his athleticism. The numbers up across the board with 13.3 points and 9.7 rebounds per game, but he still doesn’t feel like he’s impacting the game in the way you’d hope. The shooting jump, though, to where he’s shooting 36.7 percent from 3 on three attempts per game, might be enough to keep his stock steady enough for him to leave and get picked high enough to get a guaranteed contract.

42. Minnesota Timberwolves

Tres Tinkle | 6-7 wing | 23 years old, senior | Oregon State

Tinkle has taken what was told to him in the pre-draft process last year and done everything he can to improve. Evaluators liked everything about his offensive game except his jump shot’s inconsistency. So far this year, Tinkle is averaging 19.7 points, seven rebounds, four assists, and shooting 44.6 percent from 3. Because he’s a high-IQ player who can attack off the bounce, the jumper improvement is a really interesting development that makes him a draftable prospect.

43. Chicago Bulls (via MEM)

Jared Butler | 6-3 guard | 20 years old, sophomore | Baylor

Butler has been the Big 12’s breakout guy this season, averaging 16.3 points while shooting 40.2 percent from 3. He’s an undersized combo guard, but he tends to make good decisions on the floor and is extremely good at knocking down shots. There’s a role for that in today’s NBA as long as he can keep defending at a high level, as all of Baylor has done so far this season.

44. Portland Trail Blazers

Robert Woodard | 6-7 forward | 20 years old, sophomore | Mississippi State

Woodard is a second-season breakout combo forward at 6-foot-7 with a 7-foot-1 wingspan who can knock down shots. He’s averaging 11.8 points and 7.7 rebounds while hitting 49.1 percent from the field and 53 percent from 3. The 3-point number is a small sample and it’s likely to go down, but the shot mechanics here look improved. He’s also a bit better of a defender than what he showed last year. As a second round flyer, he makes sense for someone.

45. San Antonio Spurs

Kaleb Wesson | 6-10 center | 20 years old, junior | Ohio State

Few players have improved their standing as much as Wesson, a 6-10 center who dropped something in the range of 25 pounds over the summer to become much more mobile. The result is a player who is no longer a complete and utter liability on defense in space, and someone who looks just a bit more fluid and explosive than what he was last year. It also helps that Wesson has always had skill and touch, and he’s scoring 14.5 points and and 9.2 rebounds while hitting 42 percent of his 3s from the center position.

46. Boston Celtics (via BKN)

Grant Riller | 6-3 guard | 22 years old, senior | Charleston

This is the guy I just can’t quit on this year. Riller is an elite, elite level finisher inside for a guard, and has terrific handle to break down defenders at a high level. He’s averaging 22.2 points, 5.5 rebounds and five assists per game, while shooting 53 percent from the field. The problem for Riller, however, is the 3-point shot. He takes a lot of tough ones, but he’s at 30 percent after being an inconsistent shooter over the course of his three years in school. Basically, the team who selects him needs to believe they can fix the jumper. But if they can, he is an NBA player, in my opinion.

47. Orlando Magic

Derrick Alston | 6-8 forward | 22 years old, junior | Boise State

Alston has been a monster for Boise State this season, and at 6-foot-8 with a 7-foot-plus wingspan, has great dimensions for an NBA forward. He’s averaging 20 points, 5.4 rebounds and 3.3 assists while hitting 36 percent from 3. The two issues are that he’s extremely skinny and a bit turnover prone, but if Alston can iron out the jumper a bit more, he has great ball skill and size that he could turn into a real NBA role.

48. Oklahoma City Thunder

Cassius Stanley | 6-6 wing | 19 years old, freshman | Duke

Stanley has done an excellent job of putting himself on the map for NBA teams with his athleticism this season. His leaping ability has caught the eye of evaluators all over the league, as Duke has been seen as much as anyone in the country. He’s also done a great job of filling a role for the Blue Devils, largely just taking what’s given to him. I don’t really love his ballhandling ability for a guard, and I really don’t buy the shot right now despite the fact that the percentage says 44.4 on limited attempts. He shoots from out in front of his face, with a hitch, and the ball ends up on a line drive. Still, to make himself a top-50 prospect as a freshman is impressive, and he’s got a shot to help himself rise even further.

49. Indiana Pacers

Anthony Lamb | 6-6 forward | 22 years old, senior | Vermont

One of the smarter college basketball players this year, Lamb has been remarkably productive for Vermont for a long time now. His numbers have taken a bit of a dive this year, as he’s averaging just 17 points while shooting 23 percent from 3. But he’s a better shooter than that, and the thing he has going for him is that his best performance of the season occurred in the most heavily scouted game of Vermont’s season against Virginia, where he dropped 30 points. There are real concerns about his athleticism and defensive ability at the next level. But he’s a great decision maker and the kind of combo forward that teams are looking for as long as the shot rebounds.

50. Philadelphia 76ers

Amar Sylla | 6-9 center | 18 years old | Oostende

Sylla is an interesting big prospect with great length who is in his first professional season in the Belgian league this season. The offensive game there has been extremely ugly. He’s shooting just 37.6 percent from the field and 18 percent on three 3-point attempts per game. He also has a 1-to-2 assist-to-turnover ratio. But he’s young, athletic, and the upside has always been on defense due to his 7-foot-2 wingspan and quickness. Nevertheless, scouts are intrigued with stashing him.

51. Philadelphia 76ers (via DAL)

A.J. Lawson | 6-6 guard | 20 years old, sophomore | South Carolina

Lawson has been one of my favorites for a little while, and he’s taken a solid leap as a sophomore scorer for South Carolina. He’s averaging 15 points, three rebounds and three assists while shooting over 44 percent from the field as a 6-foot-6 lead guard. The issue remains shooting consistency, though, as he’s hit 34 percent from 3 despite being a strong free throw shooting. He’s an interesting long-term creator.

52. Dallas Mavericks (via UTA)

Abdoulaye N’Doye | 6-7 guard | 21 years old | Cholet

N’Doye has long been intriguing if only due to his physical dimensions, as a 6-foot-7 guard with a 7-foot-3 wingspan. This year, he’s put a lot of it together, and is averaging 11.6 points, 4.8 rebounds and 3.7 assists in the French league in his draft-eligible season. If that production keeps up, I think he has a real chance to rise up boards late in the process as teams start looking for late bloomers (even though N’Doye has been on the radar for a while). He’s a definite top-45 guy for me.

53. Toronto Raptors

Paul Eboua | 6-8 forward | 19 years old | Pesaro

Eboua has been in double-figures in five of his last nine games, and seems to be coming along from an offensive perspective. And at 6-foot-8 with a 7-foot-3 wingspan and massive hands, he’s a monster defensive player. Toronto obviously specializes in these types of guys and tends to have success with them. This is a late bloomer profile if it comes together, but if it clicks together, it should work out well.

54. Los Angeles Clippers

Ayo Dosunmu | 6-4 guard | 20 years old, sophomore | Illinois

Dosunmu has been one of the more disappointing players in the country this year, looking mostly like the same guy he was last year for Illinois. He’s still a terror out in transition because of his long strides and open-floor ballhandling, but in the halfcourt it’s tough to find what to do with him. He’s still not nearly a consistent enough shooter, and has been a bit more turnover prone this year. I think someone would take a shot if he declared, but he hasn’t helped himself.

55. Sacramento Kings (via HOU)

Markus Howard | 5-11 guard | 20 years old, senior | Marquette

Howard is a genuine outlier as a pull-up shooter, and he’s doing his thing again this year. He’s averaging 27 points per game and shooting 45 percent from 3 because that’s what Markus Howard does. He gets buckets. He’s also under 6-foot tall and has a negative assist-to-turnover ratio, which means he’s a very situational prospect in that he needs a bigger distributor to be successful. But Howard absolutely deserves a shot. Even if the defense is a disaster, he’s the best shooter in the country, and shooting matters.

56. Brooklyn Nets (via DEN)

Corey Kispert | 6-6 wing | 21 years old, junior | Gonzaga

Kispert has been an absolute stud recently for Gonzaga. He’s averaging 15.9 points and five rebounds while shooting at an absurd 52.7/47.0/81.3 clip. He’s also a better athlete than you think, and is tough defensively even if his feet aren’t great. He has a chance to rise up the board if Gonzaga stays at No. 1 for a while due to attention.

57. Sacramento Kings (via MIA)

Reggie Perry | 6-10 center | 19 years old, sophomore | Mississippi State

Perry was good at both the G League Combine and the NBA Combine last year, and then went to the U19 World Cup this summer and won the MVP by averaging 17 points. So far this season, he’s averaging 16 points and 10 rebounds, and is doing a better job with the ball in his hands. But the jumper hasn’t taken a step forward, and he’s always been something of a tweener on defense. He has a shot to make it, but is more of a second round option.

58. Charlotte Hornets (via BOS)

Mason Jones | 6-6 wing | 21 years old, junior | Arkansas

Jones has been another breakout SEC player, averaging 19.5 points and 6.5 rebounds on the wing. Formerly 250 pounds, Jones has dropped down to 210 pounds and credibly play as a power athlete that can attack the basket with ease at the college level. The shooting has been solid this year, as Jones has hit 35 percent from 3 on six attempts per game. Scouts do want to see how real the numbers are as the season kicks into gear, but Jones has a shot to push himself in the draft.

59. Orlando Magic (via LAL)

Mamadi Diakite | 6-10 forward/center | 22 years old, senior | Virginia

Diakite is starting to knock down some 3s, hitting 38 percent this season from distance. And at 6-10 with a 7-4 wingspan, he’s a good rim protector who can also defend on the perimeter. There isn’t much other offensive skill here at this stage, though, so it’s all betting on the shooting being real. It’s probably worth a bet later in the draft.

60. New Orleans Pelicans (via MIL)

Udoka Azubuike | 7-0 wing | 20 years old, senior | Kansas

Azubuike has been his typical self this season, and at 6-foot-11 with a 7-foot-7 wingspan, is among the best finishers in all of college basketball as he shoots 81 percent from the field. He’s also in much better shape than he’s ever been in. But on defense, questions remain about his ability to guard in space, as he has a real shot to be a liability there.
亮了(1)
回复
Strengths
- Interesting blend of size, reach and agility at 6-foot-10 with an 8-11 standing reach. Extremely fluid and light on his feet. Can play above the rim in space.
- Holds considerable defensive upside given his agility and size. Has shown the ability to sit down and slide with wings. Reach is a factor contesting on the perimeter and rotating for blocks.
- Versatile offensive attack with his ability to make a standstill 3, handle in the open floor and create for others. Plays an unselfish brand of basketball. Can develop a spot 3 in time and hit midrange pull-ups as well. Has floaters. Fairly skilled for a player his size.

Improvement areas
- Body hasn't improved much at all. Narrow shoulders, rail-thin legs. How much weight can he actually put on his frame? Struggles to play through contact. Can he defend more physical forwards?
- Lacks a degree of toughness on both ends. Tends to fade in and out of games. Doesn't always attack or look for his own offense. Would be far more intriguing if he consistently did the little things, like Jonathan Isaac.
- What's his elite NBA skill? Not the most consistent shooter. Has his wow moments but there's nothing he does consistently well from a skill perspective.

Projected role: Two-way forward

--Mike Schmitz
Strengths
- Interesting blend of size, reach and agility at 6-foot-10 with an 8-11 standing reach. Extremely fluid and light on his feet. Can play above the rim in space.
- Holds considerable defensive upside given his agility and size. Has shown the ability to sit down and slide with wings. Reach is a factor contesting on the perimeter and rotating for blocks.
- Versatile offensive attack with his ability to make a standstill 3, handle in the open floor and create for others. Plays an unselfish brand of basketball. Can develop a spot 3 in time and hit midrange pull-ups as well. Has floaters. Fairly skilled for a player his size.

Improvement areas
- Body hasn't improved much at all. Narrow shoulders, rail-thin legs. How much weight can he actually put on his frame? Struggles to play through contact. Can he defend more physical forwards?
- Lacks a degree of toughness on both ends. Tends to fade in and out of games. Doesn't always attack or look for his own offense. Would be far more intriguing if he consistently did the little things, like Jonathan Isaac.
- What's his elite NBA skill? Not the most consistent shooter. Has his wow moments but there's nothing he does consistently well from a skill perspective.

Projected role: Two-way forward

--Mike Schmitz
亮了(0)
回复
SG
Tyrese Maxey
6'3"
198 lbs
Kentucky
POS RK
OVR RK
Pre-Draft Analysis
Strengths
- Versatile guard who has the size, strength and length to play either backcourt position. Instinctive scorer who shows the ability to put the ball in the basket from all over the floor. Ranked as one of the top scorers in the Nike EYBL at 22 points per game. Plays at different speeds and has an advanced floater game for his age. Shows the ability to manipulate a ball screen and get to his spots on the floor. Finishes through contact. Confident shot-maker with range and touch.
- Fills up the stat sheet with assists, rebounds, steals and blocks. Has a feel for the game that allows him to contribute in a variety of ways.
- Physical player who isn't afraid of sticking his nose in defensively. Uses his strong frame, length and anticipation skills to his advantage. Fearless player with toughness and swagger.

Improvement areas
- Not a freakish athlete from a run/jump standpoint. Has a frame that can get heavy if he isn't careful. Doesn't have blazing speed. Game revolves more around changes of speed, strength and pace. Struggles to finish over length at times.
- Would benefit from showing improved playmaking and decision-making ability, something he's demonstrated flashes of at times. Future appears to be at the point guard position, but he might not be in position to show that much this season.
- Makes 3s at a high volume, but has been somewhat streaky throughout his career. Has a low release point on his jumper that hinders him at times when closely contested.

Projected role: Versatile two-way combo guard

--Jonathan Givony
SG
Tyrese Maxey
6'3"
198 lbs
Kentucky
POS RK
OVR RK
Pre-Draft Analysis
Strengths
- Versatile guard who has the size, strength and length to play either backcourt position. Instinctive scorer who shows the ability to put the ball in the basket from all over the floor. Ranked as one of the top scorers in the Nike EYBL at 22 points per game. Plays at different speeds and has an advanced floater game for his age. Shows the ability to manipulate a ball screen and get to his spots on the floor. Finishes through contact. Confident shot-maker with range and touch.
- Fills up the stat sheet with assists, rebounds, steals and blocks. Has a feel for the game that allows him to contribute in a variety of ways.
- Physical player who isn't afraid of sticking his nose in defensively. Uses his strong frame, length and anticipation skills to his advantage. Fearless player with toughness and swagger.

Improvement areas
- Not a freakish athlete from a run/jump standpoint. Has a frame that can get heavy if he isn't careful. Doesn't have blazing speed. Game revolves more around changes of speed, strength and pace. Struggles to finish over length at times.
- Would benefit from showing improved playmaking and decision-making ability, something he's demonstrated flashes of at times. Future appears to be at the point guard position, but he might not be in position to show that much this season.
- Makes 3s at a high volume, but has been somewhat streaky throughout his career. Has a low release point on his jumper that hinders him at times when closely contested.

Projected role: Versatile two-way combo guard

--Jonathan Givony
亮了(0)
回复

疑似ESPN榜单

疑似ESPN榜单

亮了(0)
回复
亮了(0)
回复
Nesmith就这么报销了,怎么搞,也太背了
Nesmith就这么报销了,怎么搞,也太背了